All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Under the Surface
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:22 pm 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Copperhead stood up and walked towards the tv shut it off and looked up at the clock above the tv it was late she turned to look at Grayson she walked closer to him she picked him up and walked him to the guest bedroom in the back of their apartment she had to go and do something tonight after placing him on the bed she walked around the room making sure the windows were locked so he could not leave tonight. Copperhead walked out of the room closing the bedroom door behind her she walked down the hall towards the front door once there she took another look around the apartment everything was locked. Copperhead then headed out the door the light in the hall catching on her metal claws then closed the door and walked out of the building and out to the streets of Gotham Copperhead made her way down to the Bank she was to meet people there for a heist. Later in the night Copperhead made her way by the roof tops back to her apartment she entered the building and went strait to her floor not stopping to talk to anyone on the main floor or any of the other floors as well. Copperhead came up to her door and opened it once inside she walked into the bathroom to get bandages to cover her scarpes and cuts that she had gotten from being shot ay by the police and then later being attacked by the batman. taking all that she could carry she went to the living room and began to bandage herself up she also saw that her brother had not come back yet.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:00 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Dick felt Copperhead pick him up and carry him out of the room, but he was too tired to resist. Instead, he felt his eyes finally slip close, loosing the fight to stay open as he was placed on a bed. Almost immedietly, he curled onto his side and released a sigh, all previous fears forgotten for the time being. At the sound of the door closing, Dick was already drifting off to sleep. 

He wasn't sure what woke him up, but Dick sat on the bed rubbing his eyes nonetheless. He froze for a moment at the unfamiliar surroundings before it all came back. Then he heard it again, somebody had walked down the hall. The sound was too light to be the big man, it must be Copperhead. Carefully, Dick slid off the bed and opened the door slowly before padding down the hall, concealed by the shadows. When he got to the living room he hesitated for a moment, wondering if Copperhead would be mad that he was out of bed, but when he saw the bandages he moved further into the room. Careful as not to disturb her, Dick approached the arm of the couch, placing his hands on it and looking down at one of the cuts he could see on Copperhead's arm.

"What happened?" He asked, voice full of concern.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:52 am 

just passing through

Copper head slightly jummped when she heard someone speak "um well it's nothing much just had a little disagreement with one of our friends and it's fine I will be alright it's just a little flesh wound is all I'm fine really." Copper head moved around on the couch to face Greyson. Copperhead knew that things like this always happened and she had no way to hid the truth about her and her brother from him forever but she had to try just until she knew when he was old enough to understand there line of work and hopefully follow it later on in life. "Also what are you doing out of bed young one it is way to late for you to be up at this hour" Copperhead started to bandage the wound that Greyson was looking at as she waited for him to answer her at why he was up. Copperhead also was still woundering why her brother was gone but he was probably with one of his friends because he dose not like Greyson and he knew that Copperhead was not getting her to get rid of him right now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 pm 

Dick could tell from her tone and the way she spoke that she wasn't telling the whole truth. He watched her come around the couch to face him, looking up at her and wondering if she was mad. Copperhead didn't seem mad as she asked him what he was doing up and he looked to the floor nervously. 

"I dunno." He answered. "Guess I'm just not use to sleeping in a different bed." He added, peering up at her from under his bangs, trying to gauge what Copperhead's reaction would be.  

Bane had gone out and hadn't intended on coming back soon, however things changed when he got fed-up with one of his Venom dealers. After a heated argument that ended with the man's teeth scattered around the floor, and the rest of him stuffed in an empty Venom barrel, Bane made his way back home. He was still in a bad mood when he opened the door and found Copperhead and the kid still there. Shooting a glare first at the kid, and then at his sister, Bane stomped down the hall and slammed the door to his room closed. This was a tomorrow problem.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:17 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead listened to Greyson well that is okay I know that when I first came to Gotham I had a hard time sleeping here and even more when I moved in with my brother becasue he always had friends over and they were always loud and did not respect me until I beat them all in a wrestling match then they liked me and respected me so it become easier to live here.

Copperhead looked up when Bane came home he seemed to be in a mood which was not very different then every day Copperhead crossed her arms she was not going to take any tone from Bane right now she just watched him storm down to his room and slam the door. Copperhead looked back at Greyson "you will also get used to that it happens every time even if nothing went wrong he is just always angry". Copperhead looked around the living room "so are you heading back to bed our do you want to talk or just sit in the living room for a bit I'm fine with everything it's up to you because it will be morning soon" Copperhead smiled at the boy and waited for and answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:32 pm 

As Copperhead mentioned her brother, Dick quickly looked in the direction the large man had stomped in before slamming a door. Dick hoped he wouldn't have to deal with him again soon, or at least never when he was alone. He was certain he could never beat him or any of his friends in any sort of fight, so earning the man's respect was not looking very likely at the present moment. Dick was also fairly surprised at Copperhead's tone. She didn't appear to be angry, or even upset that he was out of bed and pestering her at this early hour. Standing where he was for a moment longer, Dick remembered the times he couldn't sleep when he was with the circus. His parents, when they weren't in the trailer with him, would often be found outside with the others around a fire, laughing and talking together. Dick would pad out to them and settle down either in his mom's arms, leaning against his dad, or sometimes another member of the group would hug him close and he would fall asleep listening to them talk.

Using his sleeve, Dick silently wiped the tears away that had formed, only for them to be replaced with others. He sniffled, avoiding Copperhead's gaze. He missed his parents, he missed the circus, he missed his home.

"I wanna go home." He muttered quietly, continuing to sniffle and finally meeting Copperhead's eyes with his own watery blue ones.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:10 am 

just passing through

Copperhead look at Greyson she saw that he really wanted to go home but should couldn’t risk being seen with the child out there she would be caught for sure. Copper head began thinking of things that she could do to possibly get his mind off of the circus Copperhead knelt down to be at Greyson’s level and sighed “I understand that you miss home Greyson I know how that felt here come with me I’ll show you something I have that helps me with that.” Copperhead stood up and went to her room when she was inside her room Copperhead went to her closet and pulled out a decorated box. Copperhead took and seat on the floor and patted the floor beside her to tell Greyson to sit beside her opening up the box it was filled with a variety of items from south america copperhead pulled out a brightly colored animal that was not like anything anyone had ever seen. “This is a creature called an alebrije they are a guide for spirits” Placing the creature on the floor Copperhead looked through the box to find anything else that might interest Greyson. Copperhead loved going through the items she had collected from her home and it made her happy to see it all again she remembered when she had bought all of this it helped her when she missed home and she hoped that it would take Greyson's mind off of going back to the circus.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:32 pm 

Following Copperhead without a word, Dick was curious as to what she had in mind. It was still technically the middle of the night so there really wasn’t much they could do outside of the apartment. When she led him to her room, Dick stood in the doorway, watching her pull out the box from the closet and beckoning him to sit next to her. Curiosity peaked, Dick took up the spot next to her, his head tilted to the side as he looked at the box. He wanted to know what was in it, and this was soon remedied.

The colourful items inside easily drew his attention and Dick found himself leaning closer. He watched Copperhead pick up one of the animal things and explain what it was. Carefully he picked up the alebrije and examined it closer.

“Do the colours mean anything?” He asked, anything else forgotten except for the box of items she held.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:47 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead looked through the box and only stopped to answer Grayson well the colors themselves have their own meanings like Green symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility, Blue symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. And Orange symbolizes enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. Copperhead then went back to looking through the box and pulled out a hand full of Mexican Beaded Bracelets she loved looking through this box it reminded her of her home before everything went wrong Copperhead dug looked back up at the closet and saw a large black book at the top of her closet she stood up and walked closer to it pulling the book down she opened the first page and saw the old style of black a white picture of her family. Copperhead couldn’t believe this she thought she had lost this book when she move here with her brother Copperhead came and took her seat beside him she started to flip through the book the old photos bringing back memories of her family. Copperhead found an older picture of just her parents taking it out of the book Copperhead fought back tears she had almost forgotten what they looked like and now finding this image. Copperhead put the photo down not wanting to look at the photo again she looked around her room what had gone so wrong to change her family so much but she quickly dashed the thought away and went back to looking through the box leaving the book open between her and Grayson.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:56 pm 

Dick watched Copperhead rummage through the box before answering his question, his attention returning to the small animal in his hand as she spoke. He knew he wouldn’t be able to remember what each of the colours meant, but it was still fun learning about them. It was something he had loved doing in the circus, learning about the different places they traveled to, the people, the culture. He never would have expected to be learning about alebrije in a place like Gotham City. The city was a dark and gloomy place, not somewhere he would have thought about finding such colourful little creatures.

As Copperhead returned to her box, Dick once more looked at the alebrije in his hand before carefully setting it down with the others. He looked at the beads she removed from the box, before following her movements to the closet where a black book was pulled down from.

He waited until Copperhead sat back down before moving closer and peering at the pages as she turned them. He glanced up at her when she removed one of the photos before quickly replacing it and setting the book aside. As Copperhead returned to the box, Dick turned his attention to the photo book, carefully flipping the pages and looking at the photos.

“Is this your family?” He asked, pointing to one of the photos with a group of people. He wanted to ask what happened to them, what had made her shove the book away, but thought it would be better not to ask such a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:53 am 

just passing through

Copperhead stopped looking through the box at Greyson’s question “yes that was my family Copperhead did not like focusing on the past about what had happened to her family and what came after Copperhead looked around the room lets get something to eat” Copperhead walked out of her room with Greyson following her to the kitchen..

A few weeks later
Copperhead crouched on the fence watching the lights in the house darken they had been watching this house for weeks “you know what Greyson I think that today is the day you can come with me inside the house instead of watching from out here you needed to learn somehow.” Copperhead smiled a the boy beside her then turned her attention to the house as the last light went out “this is our chance let’s go” Copperhead jumped down to the ground without making a sound and made her way to the side of the building. She climbed up a pipe on the side of the building and made her way up to the window on the second floor gently prying it open and climbing though keeping herself to the shadows once she was inside and waited for greyson to join her inside. Copperhead looked around the floor okay the safe is on this floor but the things we are after are on the lower levels I’ll go for the safe keep to the shadows and grab what you can. Copperhead made her way down the hall towards the husband’s office where she found the safe tucked away in the far left corner it didn’t take long for her to crack it. She was just about ready to go and meet up with the kid when she heard the sharp scream of an alarm “S***”. Copperhead made her way quickly down the stairs and found Greyson “come on we have to go grab what you can and follow me Copperhead knew the cops would not take long to get here there was a sewer entrance just a bit away from here. Copperhead made her way out the back door and waited for greyson to catch up so he could follow her she just hopped that croc was not in this end of the sewers tonight because if he was that was a worse problem. Once at the entrance “come on Greyson they will be here soon let’s go” she could hear the distant sirens of the cop cars coming closer as she ran into the sewer entrance with Greyson not far behind her or so she thought because when she had turned around Greyson was nowhere to be seen “okay this isn’t funny greyson where are you” *did we get split up and he took a wrong turn Copperhead thought*

Meanwhile in another part of the sewer
Killer croc laid in the waters of the sewer he called his territory because mostly no one was ever here that was until Croc hurt someone running down the tunnel Croc raised his head out of the water to see a human child run by him and continue forward. Croc stood up from the water and watched the boy run off further down the tunnel Croc decided to dive into the deeper waters of the sewer and swam up the tunnel going a little ahead of the boy. He then climbed out of the water and stood right in the boys path which cause the boy to run into Croc “little late for a run now isn’t it boy”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:21 pm 

Had anyone told Dick that in a few weeks he would be running with criminals, and even helping with their heists, he wouldn’t have believed them. But here he was.

Crouched next to Copperhead on the fence, Dick watched the house before them. He was a little bored, and was often kept out of the loop as to what was going on. They had been watching this house for weeks now, and every time they left empty handed, and without doing much of anything. Usually when this sort of thing happened, he got to wait outside while Copperhead slipped inside, getting the job done. He was to be the look out, and sometimes the distraction, two roles that grew old really fast. His acrobatic skills came in handy, and so as he hung upside down from the fence, Dick easily pulled himself back up as Copperhead spoke.

“Really?” He asked, eyes bright and a grin quickly forming on his face. He never got to help like this! Not wanting to disappoint, Dick made sure to follow Copperhead closely, jumping to the ground only moments behind her and following her to the house in question. He paused at the pipe she had climbed, watching the thief make her way inside with seemingly no effort on her part. Following suit, Dick got to the window just as she had, although a little slower, and slipped in, meeting up with his mentor as she explained what the plan was. Nodding his understanding, Dick split up, making for the lower floors.

He had succeeded in doing so, although he wasn’t entirely sure what it was they were after. He found a large cabinet with china plates and the like, but passed over these. They would be awkward to carry, and were overly delicate he thought. Next, he found a set of silver cutlery which he easily grabbed seconds before an alarm went off. Nearly dropping what he had, Dick heard the sound of Copperhead approaching and wasted no time in following her outside. It was dark, and he was a little panicked, so following Copperhead into the sewers was all done on auto-pilot, there was no time to think. But once in the dark, damp tunnels, he got turned around. He thought he had been on the heels of his mentor, but soon Dick found himself alone, with no idea as to which way to turn or even which way was back.

Picking a direction at random, Dick heard the sounds of splashing behind him. Turning to look over his shoulder as he ran, he didn’t see the giant lizard man until he was literally running into him. The impact caused him to lose his footing, sending him to the grated platform he had been running on. A small squeak escaped Dick as he looked up, wide-eyed at the thing. Terrified, he couldn’t even bring himself to answer as he tried to scramble backwards, away from the thing as he tried to stand and get away.