All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:41 pm 

I should post more interest checks...

Blog: View Blog (0)

Ryouka sat at the top of a half pipe holding her pink skull dotted hoverboard to her chest. She felt anxious as she pushed the blue bangs of her short black hair out of her face. Today she was supposed To get picked up for the Gekko state. This was a dream come true, no one had ever believed in her they told her time and time again that she wouldn't get anywhere practicing such useless skills. To her, however it was everything, it was what she lived and breathed. She spit out her gum and took a deep breath of the cool air. "Might as well ease the nerves." She placed the board beneath her feet and waited for a big wave that would allow her to lift. She kicked the board up and felt free as the wind rushed passed her and she flew down the pipe. She cleared the jump and rotated twice in the sky before slamming down to the ground. She looked over ad saw a massive ship landing in the field next to her. Her eyes widened and she ran back to her bag. She picked it up and stood at the top of the half pipe.

(so i have no idea how to start the rp for my male character, and I think since you have an idea for anemone i should leave it to you.)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:01 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

What Ryouka might not have realized was that there was someone already enjoying the feeling of freedom that came with using a board like this today. Granted it was also remarkably predictable who it was that was enjoying that feeling of freedom in question. Grinning to himself, Moondoggie would have agreed that sort of thing eased the nerves, but unfortunately there were two things wrong with that. One was that his nerves never really got strung out. The other was, of course, that by the time she headed to the half-pipe-shaped wave, he would have already been pulling off an aggressive hand plant on the side of it, which looked even more aggressive due to the fact that waves were generally translucent. Honestly, he wasn't the type to calm his nerves on a day of lifting. "Woohoo, here to pull some aggro moves, Ryo-chan?" He made a hang-ten gesture at her before the wave pulled him the other way. It seemed he was comfortably ignoring the ship landing for the time being.

Meanwhile, back closer to home, so to speak, an old enemy was looking up toward the Gekko craft while carrying a ref board under her left arm. Looking about, she figured that if she had gotten this far then there really wasn't any turning back. Regardless, what was done was done and she would have to live with that. Soon enough the Gekkostate was going to have to send someone out to meet her.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:06 pm 

She blinked at him relatively confusedly and then awkwardly made the hang-ten gesture back and with a slight blush do to his shortening of her name spoke up "T-thanks I guess, a-are you with Gekko state?" Her confidence on the board evidently did not transfer to her speech. She kicked herself internally for failing the first impression that she had practiced in her mirror before sneaking out. She found herself twirling her hair while looking the man up and down. She couldn't help but examine him and place him "O-of course you are, sorry, you're Moondoggie right?" She finally formed a small embarrassed smile.

A much smaller craft that looked as if the Gekko states main craft was shrunk into a small transport vessel landed about 30 feet in front of her. A man Jumped out, he had no board, and his attire was overly clean and orderly. He did have a very large gun strapped over his shoulder in which he shifted to get more comfortable. He took a few steps towards her with his hand on the rifle "I've been sent to ask why you are here, and Eureka wants to know what happened to Dominic." His voice is deep and gruff. As the light touches his face it reveals a dark and sharp face with small brown eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:48 pm 

Looking at her with a raised brow, he frowned and offered her a strange expression before she said that she knew he was Moondoggie. "In the Gekkostate? What are ya, whack girl?" He then grinned and caught his hat from a gust of wind that tried to carry it away. Still confidently riding his own board, he shifted to the other side of the half-pipe before turning around with a kickflip, hoping that in turn she might ride in a straighter curve alongside him if she had still wished to talk at all. "You got some sick moves; did you show up just to ref because that'd be wicked!" However, Moondoggie was always ready to bring someone else aboard.

Rolling her eyes, Anemone set down her ref board as she figured that he might have figured that she could use it to whack him if nothing else. "Relax, you can put down your piece you know, I can answer everything. First I'll tell you why I'm here." She would have taken one single step forwards to lessen the gap between them if he hadn't made any other moves. Looking him confidently in the eye, she finally allowed the edges of her mouth to curl into a smirk. "I wanna lift! That's why I'm here." She was basically admitting that she actually wanted to join up now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:19 pm 

She did in fact follow him, matching him exactly. "Actually i was running away from home hoping for a prince to come take me away." she said a little wistfully with a giggle. "If i were to say exactly why i was here, i really have no idea, i was just fed up with everyone around me saying that lifting was worthless." She gave a sheepish smile "Lifting's the only thing I've ever been good at." She thought back to her home life, having to hide her ref board behind the house, needing to sneak away from school or out of the house just to lift, and having to walk for an hour to the only place that could really accommodate tricks. Her expression weakened.

He let his rifle hang freely as to show her that he wasn't hostile. He also took a hesitant but gentle step towards her. "I'm Jai Connors, relatively new to the Gekko state myself." He smiled slightly and extended a hand towards her while walking closer. "And I'm sure that They... Er we will love to have you along."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:52 pm 

"Well, you're not going to find a prince in the Gekko State, 'cause like we're really rad and everyone's equal here." Moondoggie did grin, however as he finally started to settle down, placing his board straight up in the ground beneath him and stretching out. It was sort of a non-verbal invitation for her to do the same. "If you wanna come like totally hang out with his here, though, you wouldn't be a runaway 'cause this can so totally be your aggro new place, dig?" Moondoggie grinned, figuring that she'd accept that invitation for sure.

"What do you mean they? I thought everyone was supposed to be equal and nice in the Gekko State. Isn't that the point?" Soon she came forward, trying to take his hand with a grin. It was that sort of promise of being able to throw away all the baggage of her previous life that had made her really want to show up here. It was a nice promise, but with the way that he had said they at first she wondered if he really didn't feel as included as he should have.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:37 pm 

She giggled "Its not that i won't find a prince in fact it makes finding one easier, because everyone is one." She stopped along with him and basically fell onto her board "Sorry, I'm just a bit tired." She smiled at him. When he invited her, she couldn't stop her happiness from boiling over. She basically rolled into hugging him, "You really mean it?" Her cute face was absolutely beaming.

Jai took her hand slightly hesitantly. This was in large part due to the fact that when he got a close up look at her, he found her very attractive. He then smiled at her "Sorry, i'm just also new to this, and I guess, that it took a while to for the fact that the people who were so welcoming and nice to me used to be my enemies to set in." He shrugged, he knew the military was far behind him and he very much was grateful for that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:33 pm 

Shrugging a bit, Moondoggie honestly seemed pretty laid back even in his invitation to tell the truth. "Yeah, I mean, if you wanna but I can't force anybody to do anything." Still, though, he wasn't going to come out and phrase it straight, but he did want her to stick around here if she had any interest in doing so. Soon enough he was returning the hug, beaming in turn to him. "If you wanna just lift everywhere for the rest of your life, then you found your prince I guess."

"Everything is behind me too if that helps at all." Eventually she allowed her hand to drop and sighed to him. "Is it okay that I want to put that all in the past? It's where it belongs, am I right?" Apparently she didn't want to mess with it any more. She was in a new place, and that was really all that mattered as long as they had accepted her in the process.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 pm 

She quickly broke the hug and smiled sheepishly "S-sorry, i'm just so happy..." She got up and did a cute little dance. "YES, YES, YES!" She then gave Moondoggie an affectionate glare "You will be the only person to have ever seen me like this I swear." She was referring both to her overly giddy and excited outburst and to the fact that she was incredibly vulnerable at this exact moment.

"The past is the past and I'm happy for that, it is my own fault it keeps coming up, but I am helped by the kindness of those around me." He smiled at her "I for one think that you'd also help me just by coming aboard."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:20 pm 

Shrugging a bit, Moondoggie looked every bit as detached as he always had. That was sort of his way of going through pretty much everything in life. Eventually, though, he smiled and shook his head. "Yo, if you don't want anyone to know then I'm not gonna spread it around bra. Don't worry!" Again he smiled at that, figuring that her secret was going to be safe with him anyway if she didn't want anyone to know about it.

With a nod from her, he sighed and looked up into his eyes. His last statement surprised her. From her point of view, this was all a benefit for her really. "How exactly would I help you if I came aboard?" Then again, it almost sounded like it could be construed as though he were hitting on her.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:47 pm 

"What's that about my bra..." She fired off quickly before realizing her own immense stupidity and in a weird attempt to take away from that faliure to think she did something equally as impulsive "Y-you have a really nice smile." She was panicking internally with thoughts along the lines of "What the heck is wrong with me."

Jai couldn't look her directly in the eyes "W-well, its like showing me that i have changed and that people can change i guess... i mean if you're here to just have fun and start anew, that means that my feelings aren't invalid." She rubbed the back of his neck "Something like that."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:54 pm 

Blinking for a moment, he was surprised at her response. He didn't say anything about her bra. In a few moments, though, he instead figured out that she had misunderstood his vernacular. Chuckling a bit, he moved in a little closer had he so been allowed. "Your smile is so totally tubular too!" Moondoggie hoped, at least, that she would have understood that one.

"Your feelings aren't invalid then!" While it was probably rare from her, she offered him a nice big grin. This time, though, the expression was actually pretty genuine. It wasn't forced or anything like that, and more than likely he could have seen that straight up. Even though it might have been different for her, it felt good for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:36 pm 

She then smiled widely at him "I know right, one of my better qualities." She pursed her lips "So what next?" She really had no clue what her life was going to be like now, though she was looking forward to it. She shrugged "Because I haven't the slightest clue of what i should do next other than go where you go of course." She emphasized the 'you' in the sentence with a sugary sweet tone.

Jai blinked when she had grinned if he wasn't hitting on her before he definitely had the urge to, however he wasn't very confident so he just smiled back "Thanks, Anemone, your smile is really nice." He hoped that, that wasn't over stepping anything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:58 pm 

Well, Moondoggie hadn't at all expected that she was going to be so sweet on him this quickly. Nevertheless, he wasn't going to do anything that would have stopped her for being that way. Grinning as he rubbed the back of his head, he started to stand up a bit. "Did you want to stay here lifting all day, or head bad to camp?" Predictably, Moondooggie really would have stayed there the whole time.

Looking again to Jai she then paused for a moment and then finally actually laughed. Confidence was something that she was learning for the first time. "It's not stepping on anything at all. Do I need to go sign up on something?" Anemone figured things would be looser here honestly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:10 am 

She gave a challenging look "Well as long as we eventually get back to camp, I'm down to lift with you." She smirked "I mean its not everyday that you get to show up a celebrity." She taunted in a slightly joking tone, she didn't expect to be better than him but she did want to impress him. She also found her yearning to impress him weird, why would she want to make him like her? But she did and she would.

"Nah, there aren't sign ups we just get to ask people if they want you on board, which I'm sure they are gonna say yes, I definitely am." He was also planning the last resort of begging to let her on the ship should the worst come to pass, but he knew he was just being paranoid, no one was going to deny someone as genuine as the girl in front of him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:30 pm 

"In that case, I'm gonna have to prove you're way less aggro than my tubular moves!" With that Moondoggie jumped up and placed his two feet firmly on the ref board in the process. Honestly, what she had said was the part that impressed him the most. It wasn't the moves that she was going to carry out that were going to impress him. That wasn't it at all. Rather, it was the fact that she so willingly challenged him. He really did like that.

"Really, I figured everyone else would say no considering who I was." While she did grin brightly at what he was offering directly to her, she wasn't at all sure that everyone else was going to be like that at all. Rather, she fully expected that the others were going to be a lot less open to her in the Gekko State. It was sobering, but it really was probably the most realistic outcome she could think of.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:17 pm 

Ryouka Jumped onto her board as well grinning at it Moondoggie "Just you try it, You won't beat me." She wasn't exactly sure that she could beat him. However, she was going to try as hard as she could. "You start and I'll follow showing you up all the way. " she smiled and laughed "Or not, we'll just have to see."

Jai out an hand onto her head and gently patted it. "I'll make sure you are welcomed in." He would feel bad if she were denied so he'd do everything in his measly power to stop that from happening. "Come on, we can take the Mini Gekko to the camp."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:24 pm 

What Moondoggie wasn't exactly sure of was the rules of the competition anyway. Regardless, that wasn't going to stop him. Grinning, he soon caught his own wave and started to soar into the sky. Still, he wasn't actually a competitive sort, and honestly he just wanted the two of them to have fun with all of this.

Meanwhile, she soon found herself looking up at Jai, blinking a bit as though she were surprised at the way that she was being treated. Really it did look like everyone was going to be friendly to her here. "Alright, sure, I'll head back with you in that case." For the first time in her life, she honestly had to admit that she was having fun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:50 pm 

She took the same wave and soared with him "You know i just realized that we didn't set any rules, how about i set just one, there are no rules, we can debate who wins afterwards." She smiled and glided in a half circle around him getting her face mere inches from his "Your move." She was having fun in fact this was one of the only things that good get that reaction from her.

he turned around and started to walk to the small plane "Its not too far from here, but walking and or Ref boarding would take a fair bit... oh and i really have no actual idea how to even Use a ref board, i mean i get the concept of the waves, it would be hard to be a pilot without it but... I just i guess its my balance."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:32 am 

Actually, Moondoggie didn't seem really like he much cared for the arrangement. He shook his head at what the other was saying, not at all caring for it in fact. "I got a better idea!" Since he was soaring straight past her in the process, it took him a few moments for him to deliver the rest of his message to her. "How about there are just no rules and no winners at all?" It seemed like he would have just preferred to have fun with everything.

"Yeah, why don't I just come along with you? You know what I would offer to help you learn, but it's something that I show a lot of enthusiasm for but not yet a lot of skill!" Still, she was getting better, and it was something that she had ended up pouring her entire heart and soul out into. She had wanted to get better more than anything else really. Well, no, more than anything she had wanted to make up for mistakes made in the past.