All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:25 pm 

Left or right?

Medals: 4
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1) Gif Hunt Winner! (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"With battles, you can think what you want to do until the meat rots. But once battle start plans must change, decisions can only be made from what has happened. For life this is true too, when Latagu was little one, he wanted to be as equal to others in clan. Latagu wanted to do nothing but get strong and fight, to prove he could be as good as any other in clan. But he grow up, you have seen some of your own people dying of sick or hunger, yes? Latagu watched little girl orc die, Latagu decide then that he serve clan, doing whatever it take to keep others in it alive."

Latagu lived to help and protect others. He learned how to aid his people in such a variety of ways because he saw it has his duty to be able to face any threat that came up. "If clan need clothes, he make them, need food, he hunt, need medicine, he prepare some, and if battle, he fight. Latagu's wish was to serve, it still is, but clan gone, must serve different people now." There was fire in Latagu's eyes, his next words came from strong emotions. "Latagu failed to serve his clan right, they all dead now. He must make up for this, he must show that he not a failure in serving those he wish to. Latagu not weak and he is capable of keeping others safe, he swear it upon the gods. That is what Latagu must do with life, this opportunity for that, one given by Tormalichi. I will take it with the heart of the lion, I will not fail again." He did believe that his god was guiding him to go with Kate, that she would give him the people he would desire to protect with all he had.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Kitten, you're purrfect. You're at the top of the acatemy.
You've cat to be kitten me right meow! Cat was ameowzing!
Awww, see, Kitten is just a kind cool cat. She appreciates the puns.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:33 am 

1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Never in his life had he heard such a speach with so much fuvor and conviction. This youg man touched the heart of the lord and he touch the lad on his shoulder and held his scarred right hand with a firm grip. "Latagu, you speak from the heart and you serve a god known to many tribes. In Wildwood there is a temple where all give homage to the god of choice. I have met many that dedicate their lives in serving others including myself. Have you thougjt about where you would like to live? There is a human village not too far from here. You are welcome to come to Wildwood. Human bondage is outlawed. What are your skills lad?"

Lyons removed his hand and looked directly into Latagu's eyes. Then glanced at Kate as she was looking at her father and winked. The lord raised a brow. This was the first time she gave him indication she liked any male. The mage nodded her head.

His lordship leaned forward, "Kate likes you. It is rare that she shows interest in any male. Do you like her?"
Kate smiled and blushed. "Papa."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:05 am 

Left or right?

Latagu smiled, glad that her father seemed to approve of what he had said. "Latagu would like to go to wildwood, it sounds good there. Latagu's skills are that he can shoot a deer straight in the heart from a great distance. He can take it's hide and tan it into strong leather, he has made many useful items and skillfully traded them to others for what he desire. Like a blade for Latagu to face any challenger and come out the victor with. For any wounds Latagu suffered he know which herbs to find and mix to heal them. He has spent very many days in the forest finding different herbs and living off the land. That is what Latagu can do." He didn't really think long about all he had learned, as he forgot to mention a lot of things that seemed like they wouldn't matter.

When Lyons looked at his daughter and then leaned forward, Latagu was caught off guard, especially by what he said. At first, he thought it good Kate liked him, he thought she might more like someone smarter, more of a smooth talker with wit and of higher standing than just some wild orc raised young man. That's what he had been told humans respected more, whereas his orcs respected strength, age, and someone who could help the clan survive. Latagu was not disillusioned, he knew he lacked the intellect of someone schooled by humans, his speech was off, that was obvious, just comparing it to others he could tell, and he was a nobody and would likely stay that way. He didn't expect anyone to pay him any mind, not unless he did something that required their attention. Clans are small compared to human societies, he never figured he would ever do enough to be noticed by anyone inside one. Going out and killing a lion wouldn't cut it here and he knew it. So being noticed by Kate initially was not only surprising but something he was very grateful for. Kate continued to look after him, now her father said she like him, so he was very glad.

However when he heard what Lyons said about her rarely having interest in any males, he got very confused. He was a male, but why did that matter, did Kate not usually like males? If so, why was he different, and what does it mean? And why did this cause Kate's cheeks to go red and bring a smile to her face. His clan did not have relationships as humans did, the strongest orc mated with their pick of mates, who were always honored to be picked by the alpha and then it went down until it got down to the weakest, who often was left with nobody. The only exception to this was the shaman, who someone had to give up being in the normal mating rituals to always mate with, it was said that to pass magical ability down to a child it was best to have the same orcs try over and over again. If there was more than one shaman or one apprentice like him, the two would normally mate, normally, but a half-orc wasn't something the clan wanted, so Latagu was never in the mating rituals. Latagu didn't care about not mating, but did about not having a child, having no legacy to leave behind was considered a dishonor.

Latagu did for a moment consider whether or not this could be like a shaman choosing a mate, Kate was a shaman and if she liked no other choices before, and did like him, then that would make sense to him. Except it didn't, shamans usually chose their mate out of magical potential, as long as there was some in the mate the chances were better to have another shaman child. Latagu was still an apprentice, surely there were more powerful shamans that would have her. To him it wasn't about liking someone, it was about what was best for the clan. Finally, he realized he couldn't think this way, he wasn't in a clan anymore, human societies weren't based on the same needs. Humans do care about who they surround themselves with and who they deal with, and not by their strength or power. He couldn't be sure this was about mating, but it was about Kate choosing Latagu out of liking him over others.

So finally he replied by saying what seemed simple to him. "Of course, what is there not to like. Kate is very pretty, kind, smart and helps those in need. Latagu would say that the perfect women would have all these traits. He has found no other worth fighting for as much as her, the highest praise Latagu can possibly give." He wasn't that was exactly what they were looking for if it was about mating, he wasn't sure what he wouls say if it was. Did he want to mate with her? As he said, he saw her as beautiful, he loved beautiful women, and she was greater than him in both human standards and shaman ones, so he'd be honored. That's all he saw as needed in mating if the question was if he had feelings for her, he did. But he didn't understand those feelings, he just knew he liked her as person, he thought she was worthy of his caring for her, and that she was beautiful, but that's all he knew, anything else just didn't make sense.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:08 pm 

Lyons thought a moment and pondered over the lads reply. The lad is honest and sure of h and is skills. He would be an asset as forager and hunter. "You will find yourself at home in Wildwood. We have good hunting grounds. Your skills will be kept sharp and I need a ranger on campaign. The mages need skilled herbalist." Lord Lyons maintained a calm demeanor with a raspy voice. The weeks in battle took a toll on him.
Kate averted her face turned crimson at Latague's response. She was too embarrassed to speak. The mage hid her face. She could tell from the young man's voice he was unaccustom to being asked anything. He showed little hesitation in speaking his mind. Kate smiled at his responses toward her. The compliments were so nice Kate looked at Latagu fondly. "Papa, please. Lataque is my chosen assistant and champion. I have promised him he will not be a soldier. He will do well accompany me on mage errands. Latagu has pledged to be my companion and protector. He was raised by a shaman and not permitted to fight. He is quick-witted and intelligent. He will learn fast and adjust well. I will not allow anyone to make a subservient of his talents. He has agreed to live under the house of Lyons."
Lyons pierced his lips, raised his left brow, and looked at Kate intently, "It seems my dear Kate you have indeed chosen the Lad. I trust your judgment and see you are interested in Latague's wellbeing. I leave him in your hands. However his education and weapons training are in mine."

He faced Latague offering him a glass of honey mead, "As ward in my house, you are free. Yet abide to be book learned and weapon trained. Orcs are still a threat as well as highwaymen and thieves. You need to be on your toes. My daughter's life is in your hands. Your conduct effects her reputation. Anyone mistreats you, report to me."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:04 pm 

Left or right?

Latagu always faced challenges head on, overcoming any obstacle. His determination has got him past many struggles in his life, this would be no different. Latagu was thinking of how to respond, but he wasn't sure how to address Lord Lyon. Kate referred to him as papa, but something in her tone told him he shouldn't repeat that himself. Eventually, he responded to Lord Lyon confidently. "Latagu shall conquer all trials before him with greatness. Latagu will cause Kate and her father to smile and to be glad of his presence." He planned to learn all that he had to with great speed. He would make sure to surpass the greatest of warriors so that he could keep Kate safe. He promised to himself that no thief would go unseen by him and that no lies will fool him. Whatever it took to raise Kate's reputation, he would do, even if she had to stand on his back to do it.

One of the orc philosophies is that you don't do anything small. If you are told to bring back a steer, you bring back two at least. If you go into an enemy camp, you always try to kill the most people over everyone else. They live that you try to do the greatest you can possibly do, and your success is based on how much you overachieved. For Latagu this meant he had to do everything Lyon expected of him and more. He was determined and when Latagu put his heart into something, it usually happened.

When Lord Lyon said that if he is mistreated to report to him, but Latagu didn't expect that he would. He would rather just suffer through it than bother Lord Lyon with it. Inside the clan if someone mistreated you some way, you dealt with it yourself or not at all. In the clan the orcs often fought it out, but being smaller than the others he usually had to outwit them. So if he couldn't figure out a clever way to get that person to stop, he would see it as his own fault for not being able to do something and the consequences for that would be having to suffer.

Latagu took the drink then looked Lord Lyon in the eyes. "Kate will be safe with Latagu." Latagu then looked down at the drink and thought about all that had occurred. He was injured, healed by a Kitsune, he then helped the Kitsune and humans. Things had been so different from clan life these past few days. He actually felt more useful, somewhat at least, though he felt out of place. Being by Kate's side was the only thing that felt right, which he thought was due to being the most useful while by her side. Either way, he felt like he was still part of a clan while with her, even if the clan only consisted of 2. Latagu always did everything he could for the well-being of the clan, no matter the hardship or the costs. That's what his plan was to do for Kate, no matter where she went or what happened, he would be there trying to make sure she is safe and well.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:03 pm 

Lyons had only Kate's word to go on. His lordship could not wait to test the lad's the young man's abilities. "I have belief in Kate's judgement. From now on you will be Kate's assistant, my ward, and you will live among the the mages while in camp. I need you to be my voice among the remaining orcs and trolls. The captured will be healed and allowed to return to their homeland. Come join me as I need you to heal and translate for Chief Firewalker's warriors. Latagua, we will go see the prisoners now; talk of terms of surrender; and see if any are fit for travel back to their hunting grounds."

Lyons took a last swig of brandy; introduced Latuga to three officers; and ordered a Sargent of Arms to bring them three high ranking, captured orcs, in iron bonds on hands. Lyons kept his ward, officers, and captives for two hours. Lyons dismissed his officers and faced the red-headed lad, "Latagua go aid the healers with the captives. It will take a while for you to understand our laws and customs. From now on you live as a Lyons. You will take what is given and eat, sleep, and live as a free man seeking no repayment. You will earn your keep once you are ready. We will talk tonight, in my tent, over dinner. That is dusk. Any questions?"