All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:06 pm 

Left or right?

Medals: 4
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1) Gif Hunt Winner! (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Latagu hated slavery and anything like it with a passion, he believed a man should be free to choose who they served and how, be it a god, a clan, or their family. He wanted to say a lot to this women, but he remembered his Mentors teaching. His face remained calm as he spoke to Amand in a level tone. "Latagu never liked other clans who would take man and treat him like dog. Some clans would take woman and do what Latagu believe is wrong, some take others as slaves, any that were weaker than them. Not Latagu's clan, if one of Latagu's clan hates a man, they kill him, nothing else. If Amanda hate Latagu, he understand this, Latagu's clan and Amanda's were enemies. Latagu not enemy now, but he understand if Amanda still see him as one. If Amanda hate Latagu, then kill him, or try to, Latagu respect that, but treat Latagu like dog is too savage, Latagu not respect that."

He then turned to Kate, his face still straight and calm. "As for food, during harsh winter Latagu has gone many days without food so that others in clan could eat, that was Latgu's chose. If another need this food, give it to them, Latagu will be fine. But if it would be thrown out or given to someone who does not need it, then Latagu should have it. Scraps are given to dogs, Latagu is greater than dogs, if Amanda say otherwise, then there is problem. A dog will bite one if they strike it, Amanda has hit Latagu with many insults, but Latagu not hit back, for this, and other things, Latagu is greater than dogs."

Kate saying that he belonged to her didn't sit right with him, but he had chosen to stay and help her. If he did belong to her, this was only because he allowed and agreed to it. He could leave even now but had no desire to, he was glad to help and serve her how he could. Tormalichi's teachings were about choosing a person or a group of people to serve and doing so as well as you could, this was what Latagu lived by, and for now it was Kate who he respected enough to try and help any way he could.

Kate would have felt that Latagu's bare shoulder was hot, even being shirtless his skin was hotter than normal body warmth temperature. Latagu wondered what the meaning of her arm being around him was. Was it to show that they were united, was it a show of protection, was it a claim of ownership? Orcs did not touch each other except to hit them, be it friendly or not. He wasn't sure how to take it, how he should act about it. He sighed internally, there was too much about human society he didn't know.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Kitten, you're purrfect. You're at the top of the acatemy.
You've cat to be kitten me right meow! Cat was ameowzing!
Awww, see, Kitten is just a kind cool cat. She appreciates the puns.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:28 pm 

1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The red haired mage beamed with respect for Latagu as Amanda huffed and stormed away. Kate felt the heat of his skin and gave a perplexed expression, "Latagu, is your skin always this hot? You said just the right words. Amanda irritates everyone. You did well to stay calm. When we get home you will be a freeman. Amanda is the daughter of King Atrius and few like her. I may look human but I am Kitsune. I can shape shift into a pure vixen. In my homeland, I look human with fox ears and tail. You may ask me anything."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:26 pm 

Left or right?

Latagu looked at Kate with a raised brow. "Kate think Latagu's skin hot?" He put his hand on his shoulder, he shook his head. "Feels like it always does." He stretched as he thought about what you said. "Latagu have many questions, in orc lore, Kitsune are trickster spirits, orcs are meant to stay away from them, and by Vixen Kate mean fox yes? Latagu not know Kate very long, but Latagu already respect Kate. Latagu not care what you are, but he is curious if Kate is spirit or if she born like humans and orcs, will Kate die over time like humans and orcs?"

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:28 pm 

Kate pulled the curtain closed, increase the wick in an oil lamp on the nightstand; then sat in a camp chair by Latagu's cot. "Eat a few bites. Drink your tea. It will calm your stomach.I am happy you are not afraid to ask about me
I am not a trixter as in ancient lore. A kitsune has the ability to shapeshift in human, anthro form with fox ears and tail. They take form of a fox when afraid. My species can live 150 to 180 years. Do want anything else tp eat or drink? Are you hurt or feel sick? I have known orcs to carry diseases. Have you had orc fever also called barrons disease
Is highly contagious and deadly if not caucht early."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 pm 

Left or right?

He took a single bite of the cake and then put it down. "Latagu not hungry." He didn't want to insult the food but he much preferred meat, or at the very least fruit, not whatever cake was. It tasted like sweetgrass to him, which you only put in bad tasting herbal mixtures to make it go down easier, but he didn't taste any medicine. He smelled the tea, recognized it and drank it all in a single gulp. "Latagu is very thirsty, but he not need more of this dark grass water. Latagu need his drink, he put special herbs in drink, keep him healthy and strong like lion. No disease can kill Latagu, many time it tries, Latagu beat it." He pointed to himself with his thumb. "With Latagu's drink he beat it. Do Kate have herb hut? Latagu find his herbs, make his drink, Latagu..." His head was swimming, he was having a hard time slowing down his mind. He stood, felt dizzy and collapsed back on his cot. "Latagu not feel so good, he need his drink, how long Latagu go without? Or maybe Latagu need meat in stomach, no, Latagu needs herbs, Latagu needs to find." It was hard for him to concentrate, but he tried to get up again, this time slower, he wobbled and probably wouldn't make it a single step.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:46 am 

Kate realized he was dehidrated and quickly caught him. She layed him on the cot amd poured him water with rose peddles, sweet herbs and jasmin. She ordered the apprentice mage to get him chicken soup with meat and vegetables. The red headed mage quickly temoved his tunic and covered him in wet towles. "Do you feel bette" She asked after his spup was deliveered. "

Kate at first thought she poisoned him with the chocolate. The herbal water be was able to keep down. She gave him ment leaves to chew hoping the leaves would allow him to hold down food. His body felt 104 F. She gave him the herbal water then gave him a bowl of chicken soup. Kate waited half an hour and checked his temperature. It did not change. The mage removed the thermometer, What is your normal temperature?" She asked after she

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:54 pm 

Left or right?

Latagu was burning through the liquids Kate gave him as quickly as he drank it. He was sweating profusely and he was getting steadily worse. When Kate touched him, that area grew hotter than 104 F. as if something was trying to burn her, but was being held back by his skin. He grabbed Kate's hand and looked her dead in the eyes, deep inside his own eyes Kate could just make out something very strange. There was literal small flames dancing in the center of his irises. His breaths were ragged and he spoke slowly. "Latagu need herbs, long ice blue petals, white center, and-" He coughed and dark smoke came from his lungs. "And white rose with blue stem and thorns. Crush together and put in hot water so latagu drink." The flowers he was describing were poisonous, together they had medicinal purposes, but only to rub it in a paste form over inflammation to rapidly cool it down, ingesting it usually meant a slow painful death. "Latagu has been foolish been too long since I take it. Making Latagu weak."

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:47 am 

Kate knew the recipe to be the poison archers used on arrow tips. The conction was in the care of the Man at Arms, Sir Sidney of Wicker shire. The mage rushed out and met the knight in his tent. "Forgive my intrusion Sir. I ne
ed a poultrice of gtate and hyleth. I have a patient about to die."

The knight was cleaning his bow and in conversation with her father. The two men were seated at table covered in maps and drinking hot fermented beverage called akkent. She was handed a small ivory chest and decanter of hot water.Both men wsre curious about Latagu and Kate said they could meet him once recovered.

The mage rushed back to the medical tent. She called for Mal, a Master Mage teacher of potions. He was dressed jn a black robe with heavy emblazoned in gold embroidery. The mastermage ll. He had encountered orc servants before. This was common among clans to addict certain children and the effects them work longer.

Kate stepped back and allowed Mal to work. Mal touched Latagu chest with a steaming hot wahcloth with the poison .""Easy lad, deep breaths and hold onto Kate."s Kate held him the mastermage spoke in old elvish chant. Both awaitedfor Latagu to revive. A mage steeped the recommended herb for the tea. Kate wanted to help she whispered to Latagu, I want to ease your suffering. Pull from my mana it is a natural pain killer and healing property. I donot want you to suffer."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:18 pm 

Left or right?

Latagu had a fit of smokey coughs, once they subsided he gritted his teeth, the pain was immense, it felt like he was on fire from head to toe. "Latagu..." He was going to argue, but the pain was so bad he couldn't get more than one word out. So holding her hand he reluctantly drained mana as he used to from his mentor in their training. The pain being lessened to more tolerable levels he stopped draining her mana. He then started doing his own tribal chanting to the washcloth dipped in his herbs as well as the tea, there was something different about his chant and seemed to really aid in the process. He then stopped, seeming drained and he gasped out, "Latagu... take drink... it ready."

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:03 pm 

Kate administered the healing sweet tea of edible flowers and honey. She had Latagu in her arms. I hate to see anyone in pain and you did well taking my mana. I will make sure you have the tea every day. Kate cooled his back with a cold cloth Mal handed her. After he took a few sips of the tea. Kate held his hand as Mal dressed him in a fresh tunic. Tbe mage spoke softly, "What can I get you? I never seen anyone so brave. I am happy you also have the talent. We can help eachother create potions and study healing arts. You saved your life by quick thinking and did not panic."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:37 pm 

Left or right?

Latagu was starting to feel better, he defeated death yet again, he was glad to have had Kate and her friend aid him in this battle. "Latagu beat death again, thank to Kate and her friend. Latagu has nothing to give in thanks, if Latagu was home he throw great feast, this victory would not have been had without you by my side. Latagu very much thankful, Latagu already tell Kate he go with her to help how he can, he will do so with all his heart in thanks."

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:19 pm 

Kate hugged him, "Tomarrow you can help me heal and make potions. Get some sleep so you are fresh."
The mage yawned, "If you need anything I will be next curtain over."

The redhead covered bim and dimmed the lamp. "If you have nightmares Let me know. I can help you have sweet dreams. Breakfast is at 7am. Good night and sleep well. Your safe now no harm will come to you. Wear this pendent of the house of Lyons. It represents my father's house in the kingdom of Atria. I am going to bed. Tomarrow will be a busy day."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:01 pm 

Left or right?

Orcs often slept by day and not by night, even then they were hardy creatures and could go long periods with sleeping very little. Latagu shared this trait for different reasons, his herbs and blessing on the tea helped him keep up with the orcs. Being sick had already caused him to sleep more than usual and at night, having his herbs again he felt like wrestling a boar. He nodded to Kate, "May you sleep good as the bear. Latagu will be alive before 7am." He tied the pendant to his long red hair, letting it drape down to his chest. He didn't know when 7am was, so he figured the best way to be up by then was to not go to sleep at all.

Once he was sure Kate was gone he got up and decided to look for books, reading is what his mentor taught him to do when he had the time. It took him a while to read even short phrases, even the few ones in orcish, but that didn't stop him. Without knowing where to look he went to the next curtain over where Mal said he would be. "Kate's friend? Latagu hunts for books, can you put him on right trail?" He called quietly.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:49 pm 

Mal led Latagu to a large stack of books that were neatly placed at the left side of Kate's partition. M handed him a common to orkish dictionary,"You may have access to any book. You have any questions ask me. I am on night duty. If tou feel like making bandages and preparing cleansing oils the materials are on the desk by operation table labled 3. You will find it by the entry way."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:11 am 

Left or right?

Bandages were important and Latagu thought they should come first, so he went over to the table he had mentioned. He had to take a moment to familiarize himself with the materials, but once he started he made them well and quickly. Things like this was what his Mentor often had him do, they were boring tasks that not just any orc could or would do. Latagu never hated doing it, as long as he knew it was helping out the clan he did his best at it. Soon all the materials that were there had been used, he had wished they had a few more herbs that he was used to adding to cleansing oils and the like, but they weren't necessary. He then went over to the books and began his slow read through one of them.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:58 am 

A trupet announced the beginning of a new day. Tbe camp came to life. Smells of coffee and fried bacon permied the air. Kate Kate rolled out of her cot; washed her face; dressed in a clean mage robe; then joined her charve as he was reading.
"Good morning Lat. Come join me and the mages for breakfast. I want you to meet people that you will be working with. Tonight we will have supper with my father and brother. Hopefully we will go home soon. I look foward to showing you Wildwood."
Kate led Latagu to a large tent filled with cooks serving eggs, bacon, sausages, sweetbreads, coffee, hot cocoa, and a variety of juices. Once their plates were filled, Kate led him to a long table where people in mage robes of various colors, sat with their plates, mugs, glasses of juice, and utencils.
After they were seated in the middle, Kate introduced Latagu to a few mages; not to overwhelm him. He was greeted warmly by them.

After breakfast all the mages attemded the sick amd wounded. It was late afternoon tjat Kate tpok Latagu toert her father. Lord Lyons was stamding over a map spread over a large table. He was dressed in chain mail tunic over a cotton undertunic and brown pants. The lord was alone and looked fatigued and disheveled. He looked much older than 40. His 6'3" frame was impressive as well as massive. His eyes and shoulder-length hair were darker than Kate's.

Kate cursied to him, "I have brought my charge upon your request. His name is Latagu. He has been a great help. His knowlehe in healing arts has been a great asset. I would like for him to stay with us."

The lord raised a brow, " Kate you never requested to keep a human before. I am sure the lad acquired many skills living among the orcs. Lad, what do you have to say? We break camp in a few days. Where do you want to live? I can understand if you wish to stay."

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:04 am 

Left or right?

Latagu didn't seem tired at all, even after being sick not long before. He didn't say much, just greeting Kate and then the mages she introduced him to. He was surprised to see so many, the magic users in his clan were just him and his mentor. Latagu ate the meat that was served and the coffee, but nothing else.

Once he saw Kate's father, he was shocked, he had never seen someone so old, even the clan's elder wasn't as old as this man looked. It was no wonder he was in charge of so much, he had to have more wisdom than him and Kate combined. Latagu saw Kate curtsie to her father, he hoped he wasn't meant to do that. Instead he decided to do the typical orc greeting, so Latagu slammed his fist on his chest, leaving out the words as they wouldn't be understood.

Latagu was a little confused at Lord Lyons' words, even after he worked out that he meant him when he said lad. Latagu didn't usually have much say as to what he did, he just did what was needed and what his mentor told him to. But staying didn't seem like much of an option, after all what did he have here? His clan was gone and he hadn't known anything else. Before answering he got in a defensive stance, when trying to express what you felt was right to do in his clan, you had to show you were willing to fight for that belief, especially if you were doing it to someone seen as greater than you. "What is for Latagu here? He have nothing to do, no one to hunt for, work for or fight for. Latagu lives to serve, it is honor to work beside chosen of Vajaz Frum. So it easy, Latagu should go with Kate, he know of no better plan."

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:59 am 

Lord Lyons was impressed witj the young man. He was not surprised by Latagu's orckish manners and accent. He stomped his right foot and in turn saluted back. Lyons balled his right hand into a fist and punded his chest; in a deep caln voice spoke, "I hope you are well and well treated. Please take a seat by my desk. I want to know you better."

Two leather chairs were placed in front of a camp desk.
No chairs were around the table. Lyons, looked human as he took a seat in the right hand chair. "Kate, I wish to imterrogate the lad for a bit. Please see we are not disturbed."

Kate nodded and smiled, "Yes Papa. Can I get you anything before I leave."

Lyons shook his head, "Nothing for me. Do you want anything lad?"

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:25 pm 

Left or right?

Latagu couldn't help but feel uneasy, not only was he out of his environment, but he saw it that he was talking to someone who was on a different level than him. Kate took some time to get used to, and she was something he could understand, a healer shaman. To talk to an elder war chief was something else entirely, especially one that had interest in him for some reason. He didn't like it, he was nothing special and saw it that he should be treated as such. It didn't help how Kate treated Lyons, it was very un-orc like and he was unsure how he himself should act in this situation.

He thought that doing as little as possible would make it less likely he would do something to offend Lyons. So he just shook his head and sat down, but he couldn't help but have a somewhat combat ready posture, as if at any moment Lyons might attempt to hit him upside the head.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:19 pm 

Lyons was quick to notice the young man was leary of him. He was used to humans and other species reacting dfensively. Afterall he was in command and respect had to be earned. Lyons did not freely give any emotion as he guarded against showing feelings. To him the human was the servant of his enemy. No orc or anyone associated with them could be trusted. The lord's eyes averted toward Kate as she nodded to her father
Hislordship motiomed Latagu to be seated. He sat opposie the lad
"Have you given thought what you wish to do with your life? Going back to the barrons is not an option. Think carefully lad. What you deside will impact the rest of your life. I can leave you in the next human village or you serve the house of Lyons. If you serve me, you will live in my home and receive an education. I ask that you serve me until you can earn a comfortable wage and live on your own. I want repayment a lifelong loyality and protection. You will be expected to take up arms if the House of Lyons is threatened. We will leave for Wildwood at dawn tomarrow. I need your decision very soon."

Kate stood beside Latagu knowing her father would give Latagu a choice. She was trying to stay impartial and keep a poker face. Her father could be intimading, firm, and fair. She was anxcious to hear the lad's reply
The mage knew Latagu's choice was his but she grown fond of the young man. She squeezed her robe at her sides.