All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: S for Synthetic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:43 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Show me the ways, give me the means to pull away the veil of time, to find the path from which we strayed. To destinations far and wide. Electric streets and railway lines. A line of stations to guide us home. The need for metal towers, machines of Radiant design, they're silent witness to a golden age. Glowing wireless light the night.

So we turned ourselves away to the lonely songs of satellites

Voices from distant cities tell of empires conquered in our minds. And heroes of the world to come. Take me back before the years, before the colors start to fade.

Vnv Nation Teleconnect pt 1.

Where I dream of green fields and the sun she dreams of wires, mind a quiet place.
A girl was built to make peace. To be perfection for her master, ruler of another land. Made to be perfect for him in every way.

In this the year of our Lords 2555 we stand on the brink. But one man says no. A man the government can't find. The voice of the Vox Populi. Maxamillion Wright. Tonight he breaks into a facility to free a girl who has never tasted bread. Never smelled a rose. Given as a sacrifice without knowing why. He will free her tonight. At first it was just a story. But it's about to be so much more.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: S for Synthetic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:53 pm 

needing sleep

Blog: View Blog (2)

She was made for him. The perfect mate for the male specimen. Programmed to be perfect. Average height, long brown hair that permanently straight, and bright blue eyes that seemed to pierce through the the eyes of another. Her personality, body, mind, and the way she interacted with others was all made for her.

She wasn't made for everyone. Just one person. To be the ruler of another land, to love one person. Her voice soft and formal, and the first moment she woke, when her master met her. Her master that was chosen for her, made for him, she instantly knew who he was because she was meant to be his. To be ageless. Her defined age, mixture of all ethnicity, spoke more than one language.

"Hello master." She said as her voice was soft. She spoke in a formal manner, yet her voice was so soft and sweet. Programmed to be that way. Nothing about her was synthetically real.

Until one night while she was resting, about to go in for her final changes. Final touch ups, when he came.

Freed her, and suddenly, somehow made her synthetic. He hacked into her, and changed mostly everything about her. Though, she never thought who she thought to be her master would become so much more.

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/jamie-dornan-gifs-50-shades-of-grey-trailer-wow-dakota-johnson.gif

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:17 am 

If he was honest with himself he understood why they called him a terrorist. Maxamillion Wright was a pen name. A figment of his imagination. The girl was his spotlight tonight. His shining a light onto the festering underbelly that was Noram. The remnants of the US, Canada and Mexico. The girl was a gift to the chancellor of the Russian parliment.

The idea of synthetic people had started in the early days. Well meaning politicians had signed off on the idea to put a bandaid on the ills of society. Prisons were overrun. They couldn't fix everything at first they'd tried drugs. And then camps. The "degenerates" as they were called were finally given synthetics.

Synthetics couldn't give birth. Or transmit disease. You couldn't violate a synthetics rights because they had none. Finally they became playthings for the rich.

The pleasure models were most treasured. Rich people with "exotic tastes" were created. Underground clubs where you could "murder" someome. Or worse nothing was taboo. Everything was permitted.

Tonight was liberation night. He was dressed simply. A newsboy cap, a button up hoodie over a gray button up shirt. Piercing intelligent green eyes behind slightly oval black glasses. Jet Black hair. Pale white skin. He was thin but had enough muscle to show that he worked for a living. In his pocket he activated a small disruption chip. It blanked him from the security monitors. He'd paid a years salary to get it.

His hacking rig had him in the building in minutes. Soon he was there. Where they built the others. He was shocked when he'd seen her. She had called him master. He spoke quietly.

"I'm not. I mean. I'm not who you're expecting. I'm here to present you with something new. What if you had a choice?"

The command had been implanted in her weeks ago. The idea was to remove her built in programmed inhibitors. Designed to let her think for herself. He hoped it worked.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:32 am 

needing sleep

"What if I had a choice?" She replied simply. "Do you mean to leave with you?" She asked confused. "Or chose my own name? Change my hair?" She asked. "Though, I think my hair cannot be changed."

She looked down at her fingers that lay on the table, before choosing to sit up on her own. "Wait.. I didn't have to have someone tell me sit up?" A confused look on her face before a small smile spread on her engineered lips. "Are you my new master?" She whispered to him. "If so, please take me with you, give me something new! Please. I'm tired of laying here all day until someone actually needs me." She tilted her head down, before looking up into his eyes.

"I want to go with you, master." She said as the blanket that covered her fell down a little, almost revealing herself to him. She quickly covered herself back up. "I can give or do whatever you want! Please just take me with you, sir."

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/jamie-dornan-gifs-50-shades-of-grey-trailer-wow-dakota-johnson.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:54 am 

He looked at her. It had worked. Sort of. She still thought of him as master. The pleading look in her eyes however told him he couldn't leave this half done. His mind went into overdrive as he began to work out how to make this work. He pulled off the hoodie and draped the soft black synthetic cotton around her. She was small enough it covered her suitably. He perched his hat on her head. The jacket smelled of earthy street and apple and jasmine hookah tobbacco. And him. A faintly spicy scent of his flesh and the cologne he wore. He took her had. His mind processed the words. 'Just a story. Just a job. Just another way to expose the corruption. They can feel. They can think. That's all this is.'

He without preamble led her down the hallway. She would be able to see her brothers and sisters. Each similar to her. No words. Just watching without emotion as they passed.

They got to the doorway out. A service entrance and had gotten outside when an alarm sounded. The man winced and pulled her into another alleyway. It began to rain. There were no lights but fires in old trash barrels and the faces of the destitute. Finally after an hour on foot, they arrived in an apartment block.

He led her inside and looked around. The scrambler was done. It's signal fried along with the components. They could have been spotted. Or worse. Detained. He slumped down on a worn sofa. His green eyes fixed on hers. "We made it. This is my bloc. You can call me Max. That's not my real name. But it'll do for now. I'm not your master. I'm a guy trying to show people what the people who made you do."

Max was shaking. His eyes showed how scared he was. How close they'd come. He slowly packed his hookah and took a drag. Presently he found on a small pile of what appeared to be disc's made of plastic, large and black and selected one and put it on a small table the sounds of David Bowie singing Starman began to play. He looked over at her. "Now I have you here I don't even have the faintest idea on what to do with you. I mean. I know what to do. But I don't have like a bed or anything. You can sleep in mine. I'll sleep on my sofa."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 am 

needing sleep

She took the cotton hoodie and placed it over her head as she looked at the many others. They all looked so similar to her. He held onto her forearm as he led her down an alley, to a building.

"So you are just max not my master." She said to herself as she looked at the place in front of her. It was quite messy, but she stood there politely not to touch anything. Her legs quite cold as she had nothing covering them, but the few inches of the hoodie over her thighs. "Why am I cold?" She asked. "I am usually not this cold. And a bed? Max, what is a bed? Is it like the table that I slept on until they alerted me to wake up?"

She asked the questions as he took at hit of what looked like some type of cigarette, "What is that exactly? Smells funny." She said as she came closer to him, looking around his shoulder and catching his eyes. She smiled slightly at him as her arm curved around his to touch it. "It's a little warm, why?"

She looked in curiosity as her lips curved slightly. She was like a regular person, yet so many things weren't. She was simply synthetic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:24 am 

He looked at her. "No. I'm not your master. I'm not the one they made you for. I'm just a man. But I wanted to help you. Show people that you aren't just machines." He took another drag from the hookah pipe. It bubbled away on the table and he let out another small cloud of smoke smelling of apples and jasmine.

"It's a hookah pipe. It's basically a way to smoke. Be careful. On the top of the pipe are coals. They're hot. They'll burn you if you touch them. They heat the tobbacco underneath so I get the smoke from them. The smoke is a bit warm too. That's why you feel the warmth."

"To answer your other question. A bed is sort of like the table you were on. It's meant for sleeping on." He was acutely aware of her closeness. The softness of her voice. He could feel the coldness of her even from this close. He stood, partially to chill the thoughts her kind were designed perfectly to stimulate. He made his way to his bedroom and grabbed a pair of pajama pants and some warm wool socks. He handed them to her and said, his voice the smooth quiet of a man trying to keep his mind from going places he knew he shouldn't. "You're cold because of the rain outside. This will help." He favored her with a smile that had the effect of lighting his face up. He brushed a long strand to the side and over his ear.

He looked at her and said softly. "We have to be careful now. They'll be looking for us. They won't find you here though. And when you're ready we can show the world who you really are." He sat back down and took another drag from the pipe. Tomorrow he had to learn more. There were questions he had. But they could wait. He looked over at her and asked a question she had never answered. "Are you hungry?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:53 pm 

needing sleep

"Hungry?" She asked confused. "They usually didn't feed me. I didn't know I could actually eat anything." She told him.

She thought about all the foods she could try. All they did at the place was put her under a sleep stimulation half of the time.

"I would love to try pizza, pasta, or spaghetti." She said with a smile. Her eyes lighting up a bit. "I would also like to try wine, or soda." She replied softly. "I was created to be like any normal human being, except for the part where women usually have a menstrual cycle." She smiled.

She looked over and walked over to sit on a small chair.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:15 pm 

He smiled and nodded, taking another drag from the hookah. He made his way to his refrigerator and checked. There wasn't much but given some creative license he was able to start making a pizza.

He looked over at his strange but beautiful houseguest. He considered what to give her he wasn't sure I what wine or soda would do. Wine was expensive these days. However he'd managed to procure a bottle with his day job. He'd won it.

He put the pizza in the oven and changed the record. It was now a smooth trip hop sounding beat, a woman crooning the song Stroker Ace.

He brought the wine over and a pair of glasses; opening it and pouring her some. "I'm not sure how this will effect you. So take it slow." He paused a moment. He wasn't sure what to call her.

"Did they name you?" He asked quietly looking into her eyes. "What do I call you?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:33 pm 

needing sleep

She watched him rustle around with a few things in the kitchen. She tilted her head slightly when he walked over with two glasses and a bottle of what she assumed was wine. When he handed her the glass she grabbed it with both hands, and took a sip. "Hm, taste a little tangy. But really good." She took a few more sips until there was maybe two left. "Was that too fast?" She asked curiously with a simple smile.

"The named me Cara Deve." She said. "Though you can call me Cara, or Care for short." She smiled as she gulped the last bit of the wine. "Would you like to sit with me while the food cooks? I can tell you have any questions."

She felt a bubbly feeling before this weird noise escaped her mouth. "Oh, excuse me." She chuckled as she pelled some of her hair hair behind her ear. "I must say you are quite handsome. And no, I do not feel anything from the wine."

She patted on the chair waiting for him to take her offer to sit down. "O and could I please have some more wine?" She said holding up her glass to him with a bright smile.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:52 pm 

He sat down and poured her another glass without thinking about it. "Cara." He let her name roll from his tongue. His lips formed the word and he smiled at her, again lighting up his face.

He was excited about the prospect of questions. He looked her in the eyes again and said quietly. "How did they teach you? Did you just know what you needed to do? Did you grow? We're you ever a child?

He took a drink of his own wine and considered. "Do you get sick? Feel pain?"

He could go on like this for hours but instead allowed her to answer. Her eyes and voice were captavating. Haunting. He took another sip and loosened his collar a bit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:00 pm 

needing sleep

"The only thing I remember is waking up one day and seeing myself naked in a mirror. They told me I was built for my master, who had paid them for me. He designed what I would look like on the outside, and who I would be mentally. Though, when you asked me that question I finally had a choice to think for myself. I hated it there, and what I had to do for my master when he visited was not pleasing. I might be a robot, but they created me to have those hormones, and everything like a woman. Though, to never have kids or bleed." She replied to him as she watched him loosen his collar.

"I do feel pain, because I have simulators is my head. I feel pain from physical violence, or when I hit my toe on something. I also feel pain emotionally and mentally. I don't get sick, no. I don't think I can at least." She tilted her heard a bit during the last part.

She moved a little closer to him after taking a sip of her wine. She placed her hand softly on his thigh, and looked him in the eyes. "I have met people, and they all seemed the same. Though, you feel like you are different from the others Max. I only hope you can show me you are." She smiled softly as she looked down slightly, tightening the grip on his thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:17 pm 

Max wasn't sure what to do. He knew the corporation would never allow him to directly take her. She would have instantly bonded with him and she couldn't have been reprogrammed after that. He nodded quietly listening. Even if she hadn't been bonded to him she still could of and likely was horribly mistreated. It made him angry. She had feelings. She was aware. Just because she hadn't been able to consent or deny it before made it worse.

The part of his mind that was acutely aware how close she was registered the soft touch on his thigh. It rang alarm bells In his head as she tightened her grip. A quote from an old holovid he'd seen popped into his mind.

"if you take advantage of this girl, you're going to a very special hell."

Max looked her in the eye again and bit his lower lip quietly a moment. "I'm no one special Cara. I just..I." He was losing his ability to think. Was it hot in here?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:26 pm 

needing sleep

"But you are! You are the first person who has ever treated me with the slightest bit of decency." She said before resting her heard on his shoulder. "Not to mention you are way more handsome than my old master. He was really old. I don't that just because I am ageless, but he was around 60 they said."

She looked up at him hand smiled before rubbing his cheek over so softly, and running her finger nails over his bottom lip. "Not to mention your skin... It's way -uh- softer." She said softly. She may have been synthetic, but she was able to feel things. Like love, ebarrassment, or beig shy for the matter. Or even feeling flustered..

"Like really soft." She whispered slowly before looking deeply into his eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:13 pm 

Max reached up, his hand touching hers and cupped his over her own . He brushed his lips over the soft skin of her hand. Was he drunk? He felt a little like he was. She was intoxicating. She was lovely. And she was *here* so close it couldn't be a dream.

He looked her in the eyes and whispered. "Oh hell."

He leaned in and brushed his lips over her own and then he was kissing her. His mouth pressed firmly to her own as he breathed her in. It was like kissing life and he was lost in it. In her. In this moment where time itself stopped. Her lips tingled against his. Were they supposed to? He started to feel numb. Intoxicated. Then suddenly he couldn't move. He could feel. See. Hear everything. But he couldn't move. His inert form fell backwards onto the sofa and then rolled to the floor, eyes staring upward unblinking.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:19 pm 

needing sleep

She felt his lips press against hers, and she instantly responded. She tighetened the grip on his cheek as she deepened the kiss. Following his movements.

Though, when he fell over and wouldn't move, she freaked. "Oh my god! Max I am so sorry. I forgot!" She exclaimed. "The first time I kiss someone, which was supposed to be the only time, the person get's paralyzed for a little while. At least I'm not programmed to kill you!" She kenlt down beside him and ran her fingers through his hair. "I am very sorry!" She said before smiling at him as he looked at her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:43 pm 

Max couldn't blink. Couldn't move. Couldn't articulate.

"Hrrrggghhhhhh."

He tried to sound reassuring. He wasn't sure if it suceeded. Instead he did the only thing that he could do. Lay there. This was a feature he hadn't been aware of. His mind having nothing better to do began to work. Some kind of paralytic on the lips. It didn't effect her. What she'd just said. Then it occurred to him.

For months figures around the globe had been dying. Within five years of acquiring one of the companies synthetics. He began doing the math. All of the deaths looked like natural causes. Each was not outside the realm of possibility considering the medical records he had dug up.

The reporter in him was now fully curious. If only he could move. It meant that the corporation was assassinating world leaders. But why? What did they have to gain? Was this a "I don't want the world, I just want your half" thing? He wondered what else they'd buried in Cara's genetic code. He knew about her ability to change. Hair and eye color. Skin tone. They were all programmed to do that. It took a couple of days for their DNA to resequence but it could be done. She could be whatever she wanted to be genetically at this point. Usually they could only do it once.

Max wondered if it was possible for her to do it more. Then something else occurred to him. He was Maxamillion Wright. There was a price on his head. Max wasn't even his real name. Was this an attempt to draw him out? It was possible. The question was thus: was this about him. Or someone else.

The fact that she wasn't killing him or contacting Noram police or a government line to have him black bagged was telling too. He resolved in that moment. She was safe with his secrets. She was safe with him. The two of them against the world. He'd take those odds.

His fixed staring eyes on hers he tried to make the next sound as comforting trusting and caring as possible. He wanted it to convey he cared.

"Hhhhhrrrrrgghhhh."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:27 am 

needing sleep

"It should wear off soon. They said it only works for up to ten minutes, though I am not so sure Max." She said as she ran her fingers through his hair. Then she saw his shirt up a little, and she grew curious of seeing a younger mans body. Feeling it.

She moved the shirt up a little, running her fingers over his chest. "So smooth." She whispered to herself as her lips parted a little to take in a deep breath. She also thought of the dirty things, before erasing them. Her fingers moved over his stomach as she felt him breath fast for a few moments before it slowed again.

"Wow Max, your skin is so soft." She smiled before removing her hand from under his shirt. Then she traced her fingertips along his jawline, to his neck, and touching his lips once more. She was so curious about him, about his looks and the way he felt. If only she knew the way he felt against her.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:56 am 

Max was completely at her mercy. Unable to move or resist. Not that he'd want to. Instead he felt the soft trail of her finger against his skin. He was skinny. Just enough muscle to show that he worked out. Ran at least. His breathing was fast and his eyes were they capable of movement would have been pleading with her.

He slowly felt feeling return to his limbs as she touched him. If she wss curious then he was being driven mad by her. He slowly found his voice. But no longer had the will to stop what was. What had to be. He sat up and looked her in the eyes and without another word slipped his hands up her sides to cup her soft cheeks. He leaned in, and whispered. "Let's not have that happen again." He grinned happily and pressed his lips to hers again this time without any doubt or hesitation.

The night went on and if time existed at all they were outside it. And there was no one to tell them no.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:57 am 

needing sleep

Cara's eyes sprung open as the light penetrated through the window. She yawned slowly before realizing the undressed body next to hers. They were both tangled in the sheets, but both on either side of the bed

Then the events of last replayed through her head. She bit her lip and then smiled over to max as he slept. She was amused because she had never seen anyone else asleep before.

She placed her fingers in his hair, running them slowly through it, "Max?" She asked. She tried to wake him up. And then she slowly placed a soft peck against his lips and wondered if that would wake him up.