All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: S for Synthetic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:30 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

It took Max few minutes to wake up. At first his mind processed it all as a dream. He hadn't slept so well in what felt like forever. So deeply. Then he felt her kiss him. Nuzzle into him. He sleepily returned the kiss with a small murr of someone just waking up. His arms went around her waist and he pulled her close. The record had stopped hours ago.

He vaguely remembered somewhere In the night a slightly burnt pizza had been consumed. He could feel her warmth. The bio - engineered skin soft against his own. Reality began to filter in. He'd shared himself with someone. Fully. For maybe the first time. He planted a soft kiss on her lips and whispered
"if this is where we are then we need to work this out. First. You need to know where Maxamillion Wright came from. For starters he's a figment of my imaginationn. A pen name. Nom De plume. My real name is Jerusalem. Jerusalem Winters. And Max was born the way so many other people are. Someone had to die." He sat up. "I was ten when I watched my best friend get black bagged. Here in the lower districts getting food isn't easy. Aiden and his dad were just trying to survive. They'd organized a group of concerned citizens. Including my parents. They had a plan. They hacked onto the rationing system and made fake citizens for the upper districts. Stole clothing and had the proper identification and that was it. Food for the neighborhood. As usually happens though. Some bean counter figured it out. Most of the kids from the neighborhood were just taken to the labor camps with their parents. I had learned how to hide. How to erase myself from the system. So. Legally Jerusalem Winters doesn't exist. According to the system this apartment is rented by a 78 year old man named Ben Locke. He pays his rent on time, his rations are delivered every week and he doesn't make trouble. He is likewise a figment of my imagination. Second cousin to Harvey the rabbit. In short. He's not real.

My father used to say that doing the right thing sometimes meant doing the wrong thing. But Max Wright wasn't born until I saw what the upper district lived like. People need day jobs too. Mine at the time was tending a bar. Sometimes we'd get extra money as wait staff at upper district functions.
Max Wright was born from watching an upper district type rape and then murder a synthetic humanoid. She was begging him to stop. And I couldn't do anything about it. That wasn't all he'd done but it was the catalyst for me to take action.

Despite synthetics having no rights there are certain standards that are expected. To at least publicly be upheld. And that man had violated that. Where he'd broken the law directly was much worse. There were slaves. And he the same night beat one nearly to death. He was unhinged. All because the synthetic woman had tried to stop him. She paid for a slaves life with her own. I knew what had to be done.

All over the city wide news feed the next day the banner ran: Iian Bradley, factory manager beats slave, kills synthetic who tried to stop him. There Were Pictures posted. The police didn't have a choice. They arrested him. Nothing happened in the court system but his reputation was ruined. His contacts dried up. So did the money eventually. A year later as they were reposessing the last of his things he killed himself.

See. Jerusalem couldn't do anyrhing. But Maxamillion Wright could. He could be anyone. Everyone. He became the bogeyman of the upper districts." He looked at her "It's not much. And as much as I hate the term social justice that's what it was. Calling out the terrible. Laying out their crimes for the world to see. Forcing a corrupt legal system to take action."

He nuzzled into her. "Maxamillion Wright was how I found you. So. I regret nothing, Cara."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:19 pm 

needing sleep

Blog: View Blog (2)

She traced her fingers on his chest as she listened intently on what he explained to her. There was some type of confusion at first, before realizing he was Maxamillion, even though he was just a creation in the figments of his mind, he was still him. "I will still call you max, because no matter what, he is you." She explained as he nuzzled into her.

"And I am also glad that you found me now." She said as she placed a small kiss against his lips. "Now what to do today?" She asked him as she bit her lip softly and ran her fingers across his.

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/jamie-dornan-gifs-50-shades-of-grey-trailer-wow-dakota-johnson.gif

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 am 

He considered that a moment, pondering.what to do today. He knew he needed to find her clothing. And he knew they'd be looking for her. And him. He looked in her eyes and spoke quietly. "Well. We're going to need things. Clothes for you. More food. To figure out how to keep you hidden."

He thought for a moment. "If I had access to a recombiner we would be in business. It basically breaks down the atomic particles of what goes into it and remakes it into what you want. Sort of. Stuff usually doesn't have as long a lifespan as the real thing but at least it would give us a jump start. " He planted a light kiss on her lips. "First thing I'm doing is making you breakfast. After last night I wanted to do something sweet. Also I'm hungry." He grinned at her and found himself not fully willing to get up yet. Instead he planted another soft kiss on her lips to let his mind catch up to the task at hand.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:40 am 

needing sleep

"Well as long as you keep on keeping me in this bed, you will never get the task done for today." She smiled as cuddled up next to him. Her body pressed against his as she felt his warmth.

She hopped out of bed, and grabbed hands, "Now get up. I really do need to start wearing clothes or I just look like a prostitute you paid for." She smiled as she tried to pull him up. "Gosh you're heavy." She grunted as she gave up. "I wear a size 7 in pants, and an extra small in shirts. A size B28 bra, push-up preferred. I may have spent a lot of time in lock down, but this did let me chose a preference on clothes. I just didn't get to grab them before I left with you. I'm telling you this because I guess I cannot leave your apartment at the moment." She smiled before slipping on his t-shirt from last night. "And you don't care if I wear this? Right?"

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/jamie-dornan-gifs-50-shades-of-grey-trailer-wow-dakota-johnson.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:11 pm 

He chuckled. "Well. It's possible for you to leave. We just need to not make you look like. Well. You. Not only to the eye but the reading devices out there. Big brother certainly is quite the voyeur, it turns out." He got up and brushed his hair back. " My cloaker. The one that makes me unable to be seen by the system was fried on the way back. It's possible to get a new one. But it's black market tech. We're talking hard time in a labor camp if they catch you with one." He pondered a moment. "I don't like the idea of keeping you in the house. It's every bit the form of imprisonment I set out to free you from." As he dressed he began rummaging around in a drawer.

"One advantage to Being Max Wright. You certainly run into interesting people. And. Just on occasion they hook you up with incredibly useful, albeit illegal and highly experimental items. Liiike..this." He drew out the word and pulled out a pair of small credit card shaped devices and made his way to a computer, motioning her to join him. "It's literally a get out of jail free card. Pretty much grants us diplomatic Immunity for a day. Of course we need fake Ids. Fortunately I've got ones to match these. How do you feel about being the countess of the former republic of Monaco for a day? At least with that the system won't suss us out for twenty four hours and we can find clothes you like. Make a date out of things. The Ids shouldn't get questioned. And we can eat out of my price range. Out of most people's price range." He finished throwing on his clothes and took her hands.

"Cara, would you like to go on a romantic date at the expense of the Noram government with me?" He looked her in the eyes and smiled.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:46 pm 

needing sleep

"Okay." She said a bit confused. "I guess I get it, but I will get the hang of it better, soon." She said confidently before she smiled at him.

"And sure." She chuckled at him. "I would like to go on a romantic date of the Noram Government expense." She smiled before placing a hand on his cheek. "But I can't walk around outside in this. That would be public indecency." She laughed before placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I have got to use the restroom. But wait!" She said. "I have an idea! How about this accent? Does it change my appearance just a bit more?" She asked while she talked with a British accent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 am 

Gabriel smiled. "Well. It won't hurt our cause. But I'm talking about fooling gene sniffers. Look. It's like this. Every human has a genetic code. Different from everyone else. Your kind don't have a unique code the way that everyone else does. As an engineered being each synthetic has the same genetic structure at first. You're designed to be the same. However inside your blood are nanites. Microscopic robots designed to upon your mental bonding with a person begin to alter your genetic code. So. For example. Your brown hair becomes blonde. Eyes become green or brown instead of blue. Ethnicity traits such as slanted Asian eyes or kinky African hair are re written into your code. This is done by reworking the atomic code and the gene sequences and your chromosome pattern via nanites. After once time doing this, normally said nanites are then flushed out of your system and aside from a few telltale genetic markers no one would know you're synthetic."

He paused. "In order to go out we have to do the following. One. Change the system to think your genetic makeup is that of a normal person. This is not easy. Or two we have to alter your genetic code in such a way the nanites in your blood don't recognize it's happening. Which if done wrong could kill you. "

He looked at her and paused. "The system is so advanced it's able to track everyone on the city. The only way I had to disrupt it wss to use my now useless disruption program. Which sent out a signal to the DNA trace programs that I was In effect a meat popsicle. It also distorted my image from system cameras and other tracers. If we had something like that and the diplomatic paperwork it would make sense to anyone eatching. They'd think we were VIP personal and leave us be. "

He reached for a laptop and got to work. "It's simple. All I Have to do to keep the systems eyes off at this point is flood their system. I'm going to make the system think the streets are flooded by a couple billion rats. They'll know someone breached tbem. But not whom. Or from where."

He set to work. If all went well they wouldn't have the system back up until the pair of them were already home. He began to change into something more formal looking.