All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:11 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Medals: 1
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The snow gently fell as the night drew closer in the city, the crunching sound of footsteps in the snow could be heard as two travelers walked through the snow-covered streets. The travelers were a pair of siblings who were also well known wizards. The older of the two siblings had black hair and black feathered wings as well as red eyes while the younger one had golden dragon wings as well as a wolf tail and wolf ears. The younger one, a girl named Draco, said, "Kurai, which inn shall we stay at? I'm cold and I'm hungry." The older one, a man named Kurai, replied, "We're almost there, and you wouldn't be so cold if you didn't insist on wearing shorts and a sleeveless top while traveling." Draco said, "Well I don't have any other clothes to wear. I'm not used to cold weather." Kurai chuckled and said, "I know, I know. We'll get you some new clothes soon. Probably tomorrow when the tailor is open." Draco nodded and walked with her older brother.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:02 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

Tinuviel stalked behind them, her cloak turned up but offering little protection against the harsh winds. Her hair whipped slightly, black strands wet from snow fall and stinging her face. She gently tucked them into her cloak, continuing to anonymously follow the two. Snow had gotten in her boots at least an hour ago and the night was proving to be slim pickings. She sidled closer, careful to be quiet and remain unnoticed as she easily slipped a slender hand into the mage's pocket and plucked any coin that was there out. With that, she stepped back to fade into the meager crowd of people bustling towards warm hearths and hearty meals. Tinuviel turned to head into an alley with her stolen goods. Hopefully, there'd be enough to get a meal and a warmer cloak. Or some boots. She smiled.

Last edited by FawnChaser on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:19 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Kurai appeared behind Tinuviel and said, "I would like my sister's present back if you please." Kurai was not easy to steal from, he was aware of every little detail around him and even if he didn't let on that he knew he was being stolen from he had known she was following them. Kurai got a look at the girl and said, "That's a strong curse you have placed on you. If you give me back what you stole, I might be willing to take you on as an apprentice and teach you how to lift the curse." Kurai's red eyes were devoid of any emotion so it was hard to tell if he was angry or not. Draco looked around and said, "Kurai? Where'd you go? This better not be a prank!" Draco was not in the mood for his games.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:57 pm 

Tinuviel gave a tight sigh, drawing her cloak further around herself. She handed him back the trinket, then stalked away rather than be bothered. Her head pounded slightly behind her eyes and she could feel her stomach tighten with hunger. Brushing past him, she left him with the trinket and merely ignored what he'd said. She didn't want someone giving her empty promises of help and forcing her to wash magical candle wax all day. Kicking up snow behind her, the teen ignored the sting on her cheeks and began maneuvering her way to the edges of town. Best to get out of the area before the moon showed itself. She didn't want to eat that jerk rich guy, despite the slight rage in her stomach. Screw him. She'd find food other ways.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:15 pm 

Kurai took back the trinket and grabbed the teen by the hood. He could tell she was starving and he said, "I'll treat you to dinner at the very least if you don't want to be my apprentice." Kurai wasn't one to pity the unfortunate, he just did what he felt had to be done. Kurai dragged the girl back to where his sister was standing. Draco said, "Who's that Kurai? A new friend?" Kurai said, "Just a pickpocket who needs a meal." Draco said, "Oh. Is that all? Okay." Draco smiled at the girl, and said, "I'm Draco, that's my big brother Kurai. He may seem strict but he's really not all that bad. If he makes a promise he always keeps it!" Draco was very innocent, she didn't seem to care that this girl had just tried to steal from her older brother, she just smiled away. Once they arrived at the inn, they were served food and drinks by the innkeeper's wife. Kurai had even paid for the food ahead of time and made sure there was enough for the three of them. Draco turned to Tinuviel and said, "So what's your name miss?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:37 pm 

Tinuviel hissed, angrily snapping her foot back to kick him. She struggled as he dragged her back to his sister, spitting out some of the vilest words known to man. Or Celestials. Upon meeting Draco, Tinuviel spat in the girl's face then continued forcefully pulling against Kurai as he dragged her through the snow and into the inn. At this point, she'd lost patience. The girl deftly turned and sharply bit him on the hand, hatefully glaring at him with her dark eyes. There was a raw gash on her cheek and a bruise on her eye as she snapped back, her hood falling back and revealing a mess of scraggly black hair. The girl dashed out of the inn, running through the snow and ignoring the pain and cold. Tears built up in her eyes and she began crying hard as she tore as far from the town as she could get.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:51 pm 

Kurai let go of the girl when he saw he was being a bit too rough. He didn't think she would react that way. He felt her bite his hand as he let go and watched her run out of the inn. Draco looked at her brother angrily and said, "You're too rough with other people Kurai! Now I have to apologize for you, again." Draco followed the girl quietly, Draco transformed into a wolf with wings when she got too cold to stay in her human form. Draco needed to talk to the girl.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 pm 

Tinuviel ran, her breath freezing in the air as she dashed through the cold snow. She stumbled, fell, picked herself up, then continued, exiting the known boundaries of town and dashing towards the woods. Sensing that she was still being followed, the girl turned and drew a dagger covered in hand made poison. She glared at the girl in front of her and listened to her own blood rushing. She'd be a panther soon. "Get. Away. From. Me. NOW!" The teen snarled, one knife raised and her dark eyes glittering with building outrage and hatred.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:09 pm 

Draco was not one to run away. Draco said, "I'm sorry about my brother. He's a real idiot sometimes. He's just not used to talking to other people. I just wanted to apologize to you." Draco then politely bowed and turned around to go back to the inn. She could tell the girl was cursed, she had one as well. Draco said, "I hope you find a way to break your curse." She then walked back into town and went back to the inn. Draco sat down across from her brother and said, "I hope you're happy now." Kurai looked at his sister and said, "You know I don't like hurting people." Draco scoffed and said, "Sure seems like it. You need to be more gentle with people."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:12 pm 

Tinuviel glared at the girl, then frowned even more at the mention of the curse. "Keep your damn mouth shut, witch girl," she thought, hating the fact that she'd brought up her biggest failing in life. Kicking up a heap of snow as she turned, Tinuviel stalked deeper into the woods, her skin tinting blue as she walked. It was getting so cold. Tiredly wandering into her cave, the teen settled down and weakly washed her face with a handful of snow. Then she settled on a ragged mattress, balling up in the pitifully ragged blankets and trying to fall asleep. The job had paid with not even a crust of bread this day. She gave a shaken sob, then softly began to drift asleep.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:37 pm 

Draco and Kurai had gone to bed at the inn. Draco was irritated with her brother for being so rough. Draco and Kurai laid down into their beds for the night and fell asleep.

Draco and Kurai awoke the next morning and got ready for the day. Draco and her brother walked out of the inn and went to the tailor to get Draco some new clothes for traveling in cold weather. Draco said to her brother, "Now we're going to have to find that girl again so you can apologize. You also need to be careful not to offend anyone else while we're in town." Kurai said, "I got it, I got it. You know, with how you're lecturing me, you could be seen as the older sibling if it weren't for the obvious age gap." Draco said, "This is no time for jokes big brother."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:42 pm 

The only reason she went into town was the nagging hunger in her stomach. Tinuviel left the woods, wrapping her rags around herself and weakly shuffling through the deep snow into town, the cold biting at her skin and making tears spring from her eyes. After an hour trek into the village, she managed to snag some hotbuns cooling in the window, gulping them down quickly. The girl pocketed several then took off as a man came around the side of the house, tossing rocks at her. She dashed away, managing to disappear into an old alley behind some shops.

Wincing at a new bruise from the rocks, she curled up and began rocking softly, tears in her eyes. She coughed harshly, blood spattering her sleeve then she fell still and stared into the wall, shaken.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:02 pm 

Kurai saw the girl after leaving the tailor with his sister. Draco said, "Go on!" Before pushing Kurai towards the girl. Kurai walked over to her and said, "I'm sorry about yesterday. I was too rough, and I was out of line." Kurai bowed politely and waited for the girl's response. Draco however was busy dealing with the payment for the hot buns that the girl stole. Draco even purchased an extra one and walked over and held it out to the girl as an apology gift for yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:08 pm 

Tinuviel blinked at Kurai, flattening herself as if preparing to be dragged around again. She slowly relaxed then nodded. "Thank you," she said softly, shivering and looking down. She curled up in her ragged cloak, coughing harshly. "I'm sorry. For stealing yesterday... J-Just hungry is all..." Noting Draco's gift, the girl's eyes lit up and she snatched the food, hungrily devouring it then blushing and looking away. "Th-thanks," she whispered, watching the two nervously as she licked the last crumbs from her mouth. Hot food.... So good on such a cold day. The girl sleepily blinked, then coughed into her sleeve, feeling horribly underdressed compared to the two standing over her curled up form.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:56 pm 

Kurai nodded and said, "It's fine. I've been in your position before. Here." Kurai then threw an extra cloak over her and turned to walk away. Draco nodded to the girl and whispered to her, "I know my brother seems strict but he's really a nice guy once you get to know him. He's usually a lot nicer to people than yesterday, I guess he's just on edge since there's a war going on in our homeland and we're so close to the border. We fled the country to escape the violence about twelve years ago." Draco and Kurai were refugees that had fled and were among the very few to successfully cross the border. Kurai had cared for Draco by himself, living on the streets and stealing whatever food and money he could to survive. That was before Kurai became a wizard.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:26 am 

Tinuviel gave a brief nod, waiting for her to catch up to Kurai. She slowly approached the older wizard, wrapping his cloak around herself. It was so warm. She wished she could fall asleep right there. Exhausted, she trailed after him in a daze, uncertain how to ask if he was still willing to take her up as an apprentice. Heck! The way she felt right now, she'd likely settle for kitchen maid if it meant some regular food and some blankets. Yawning, she continued to follow at a distance. If he turned to look at her, she'd blush and give the space. If he didn't, she'd get closer. She hated being alone but that was part of the curse.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:41 pm 

Draco walked at the same speed as Tinuviel to make sure she didn't fall behind. Kurai didn't even look at her as he said, "If you choose to follow me know that the path you have to take to become a wizard is very long and difficult but it is well worth the journey. Knowing that, do you still want to follow me?" Draco looked at her brother as he spoke, she knew what he was doing. Kurai then turned toward Tinuviel and looked at her as he awaited her answer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:54 pm 

Tinuviel blinked at him. "Yes. I'll go with you." She smiled softly, tiredly rubbing her head. The girl wrapped the cloak tighter around herself, shivering in the wind. "Please. I can work hard..." she added quietly, watching him. She gently bowed her head, shivering in the harsh cold. The girl nodded again. "I'll work hard. I can work hard and I want to be rid... of.... of this...." she trailed off, silent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:51 pm 

Kurai nodded and said, "Then come." Kurai then turned to walk towards the forest. Draco followed him and made sure that Tinuviel didn't fall behind at the same time. Draco and Kurai came to a large forest before stopping. Kurai said, "The first step to becoming a wizard is to carve your own wand. You must find a tree that is willing to share it's wood with you, you can't just pick up any piece of wood on the ground because wands made from fallen branches are very dangerous to the wizard using them because they were taken without permission from the tree that they came from. Now, you must find the wood destined for your wand. Draco, help her since she's new to this." Draco nodded and led Tinuviel through the woods. Draco said, "I bet you're wondering how you'll know if the tree has given you permission to use it's wood. Well, it's different for each person. For me, it was a Dragon Cherry Blossom Tree and it grew a new branch for me to use right before my eyes. It was very beautiful and I will never forget the glow that tree had as it was bestowing it's wood to me. I even know where that tree is now." Draco smiled to herself at the memory.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:16 am 

It was colder now, but she followed in the snow and prayed this wasn't his sadistic attempt to get back at her for stealing. Upon stopping at the edge to a large forest, Tinuviel tensed slightly. Her home. They couldn't find this place, ever. She silently shivered, listening to Kurai. Why on Earth had she dragged herself into this? The girl nodded at the instructions, biting into her lip as she looked around the forest. No. We can't go in there, she thought, silently freaking out as Draco began to lead her into the trees. This was very bad; time to escape or something, she figured, barely able to listen to Draco's words. Slowly, the girl gave a nod. "Th-thanks," she muttered, then frowned. She came across a small black tree and settled nearby it, as if almost refusing to go any further in the snow. Surprisingly, the tree dropped a branch - on her head, no less. Tinuviel winced slightly, then looked up. She shook her head in complete disbelief, then grabbed the branch from her head and swayed slightly, walking over to Draco.