All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Virus
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:25 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Anastasia pushed through the large clouds of other Russians, queued up in the airport waiting for the storm to pass. Her flight was intended to leave in just 40 minutes and though she knew it would be delayed she wanted to be at her gate in case the storm lightened up. Head down, and hood up, she tucked her blonde hair behind her ear and shuffled along. Being famous wasn't always easy, especially in places like the airport. On the bright side, she looked like the typical young Russian woman so she wouldn't necessarily stand out in a crowd. Her one defining characteristic was her music note tattoo behind her left ear. But hardly anyone saw that anyway. As she arrived at her gate, she took a seat near a man who was charging his phone in one of the charging posts. She relaxed into the padded seat and looked up at the television on the wall. A man was yelling into a microphone to a crowd of cheering Russian civilians. This man, was Dmitri Polosky, the president of Russia. He was informing the country about their new weapon to be used upon the rest of the world. There were several Americans nearby, but unless they spoke fluent Russian they wouldn't understand a word Dmitri was saying. She turned to the man next to her and in her thick accent mumbled "Can you believe dis guy? He's crazy"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Virus
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:50 pm 

James Reynolds had been sitting in the airport for several hours. Normally, he would travel in his own plane, but, normally, the only time he traveled anywhere that has a prerequisite of arrival by plane was with the band. He had been in hospital for several months, a blood clot had exploded in his leg during a reconstructive knee surgery. He had woken up, knowing he had faced the abyss and had come back, apparently for four whole minutes. He had considered retirement, his will to live having disappeared. His girlfriend had brought a guitar for him to play, but he couldn't bring himself to touch it for several weeks. By the time his bandmates had convinced him to go back on tour, that woman was just someone he used to know. He had wanted to play a show at Red Square in Moscow, as he had loved it the first time he went, and a number of his fans were Russian. He had met with the president, but couldn't make him budge. Flash forward, this woman who had just sat by him speaking, and Reynolds remains silent, not wanting to speak.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:16 pm 

Tasia turned to the man, slightly annoyed by his lack of response. "You are aware dat dis man is going to take out your country right? Vell, assuming you're not Russian." She added. She searched the man for any type of response. 'Maybe he doesn't speak English' she thought to herself, 'Or maybe he can't understand my accent' either way, she was still annoyed by his choice not to even acknowledge her existence. She rolled her eyes and turned back to the television, The man was still speaking in thick Russian about his new virus. Tasia leaned back in her seat and tried to push out her thoughts about the rest of the world's impending doom.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:33 pm 

He honestly didn't want to talk, he just wanted to get out of Russia as soon as possible. As much as he loves Russian fans, he didn't have much love for their country, apart from St. Petersburg and Moscow. He turns and looks at this woman who had begun to speak with him, hoping that if he said something, that she would go away. "Right now, I'm not honestly sure I care. The Americans are probably developing something worse anyway. Now, is there any place where I can rent a car? I desperately need to get out of this country, for I have no reason to stay." His voice is deep, abrupt, and betraying his origin of being from the Southern United States. He stands up and grabs his bags, not wanting to be in this airport any longer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:22 pm 

Tasia stared the man down, straight in the eye with her harsh Russian glare. "You shouldn't talk to a celebrity like dat" She snarled. "If you knew who I vas, you vould nevar talk to me like dis" she continued. She hated being spoken to rudely, especially by an American. Russia, though it was currently being run by a family of lunatics, was still the Mother Land and would always be her true home. By nature, she had always been loyal to her country and would protect it from stupid tourists or immigrants who threatened their intense superiority. However, in this case..she couldn't protect her country any longer. But that did not mean she would be antagonized by some American man.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:04 pm 

"Funny enough, I could say exactly the same thing, Miss. As a matter of fact, I probably have more fans in Russia alone than you do worldwide. Now, I will ask you again, where can a man get a rental car? I need to get out of Russia, I need to get home, and hopefully, I can get to another airport. Maybe you could ride with me, if you could consider changing that attitude of yours." He picks up his bag, if he couldn't get an answer from her, he is prepared to walk off and look for the answer to his question himself. "By the way, the name is Reynolds. James. Reynolds." He tells her, extending his hand in order to introduce himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 pm 

"Anastasia" she said quietly. "I can get you a ride. But only if you help me." she stared him down waiting hopefully for him to reply. "Ve could even ride in my veddy nice car to a differrent airport and go from there" She offered a smile, even though she wasn't usually one for smiles, and she was rather annoyed by this man. She was also tired from trying to make her accent understandable. She knew these Americans weren't always very intelligent, and this one had just questioned her fame...or maybe he just said he had more than her...either way he had offended her and she wasn't too pleased. "So..Vill you help me?" she asked again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:11 pm 

He acquiesces, "Okay. I will ride with you, for the moment. I have a flight option that can meet us in St. Petersburg, Beijing, or Vilnius, and I have passport clearance to each of those cities. But, if we're going to go, we need to move quickly, and west would, more likely than not, be our best option. So, what do you need? I'm willing to help, as long as you're not going to ask me to do something of a criminal nature. The last thing I need right now is bad publicity, especially with album number eight dropping in two weeks." He follows her, wondering what could this mystery Russian woman could possibly have planned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:29 pm 

She glared. "Just because I am a Russian doesn't mean I am a criminal you a**hat" she said flatly, turning and following him out of the airport as she pulled her phone and sent a quick text to her driver. "St. Petersburg will be fine." She added as she continued to give him the cold shoulder. When they arrived at the car she cut her acts of silence against the man and immediately began to talk "Ve must protect these countries from vat mine is about to unleash on dem" She began. "Ve should start in your country. The U.S. is the most hated country of all in da Mother Land," she continued, as she said something in thick Russian to her driver. Then she turned back to the stranger. "You said your name was Daveed?" she asked, not bothering to wait for a response. "Vell Daveed, you're in for a real Russian spy adventure." She grinned and turned to her purse, pulling out a notebook and beginning to write down as many countries as she could think of.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:49 pm 

He says, "My name is James Reynolds. And honestly, I just need to get home. I could give a damn less about your Russian spy adventure. Everybody, including America, hates America. Plus, the Cold War has been over for nearly a quarter century, wouldn't making the Russians the bad guys just be another in a list of trope filled adventures? I've already faced death by virus once, I died of a MRSA infection on an operating table. If I really have to die again, I'd rather go out with a bang than risk my life for something that, more likely than not, has no antidote, and probably has other versions of itself being made around the globe. Just get me to St. Petersburg, and as long as you aren't too heavy of a presence on social media, you will never see me again." He sits back in the car, hoping the ride will be short, he would rather not be stuck with this woman longer than necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:43 pm 

Tasia immediately burst into more words. "You sir have no idea vat you are dealing vith. Mother Russia will rise again unless someone..us..takes dem out. The people who will die are your fans, your followers. Don't you care about their lives Mr. Rey..Mr. James" she stumbled over his last name, and due to her accent decided to simply call him by his first name. "I am veddy sorry to hear about your virus sir, but der are other people on dis earth not just you...and it is your duty as someone vith power, to protect them. So I suggest you come vith me..or you won't have a home to be rushing back to" she finished, clearly getting a little angry. She huffed and turned her head to look out of the window instead. She knew they were another hour or so from their first stop, and that she only had until then to get this man to help. The world needed them, and her country needed to be shut down...and fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:11 pm 

He gets more frustrated as she just keeps talking. "Just get me to St. Petersburg, please. Seriously, if your president is bragging about it, it probably means they don't have anything like what he is claiming. My people should be landing my plane in St, Petersburg about now. Plus, with your undying support for the Motherland, why would you care if he sets it off? Why wouldn't you want Mother Russia to have global dominance? Now please. I don't want to hear anything else." The rest of the ride to St. Petersburg is filled with further bickering. By the time,period they had arrived, he never wanted to deal with a Russian again, he couldn't wait to get out of this country, this frozen wasteland. He goes out towards the gate where his plane was waiting, hoping to leave Russia, and by extension, this woman, behind.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:16 pm 

Anastasia watched as the man climbed out of the car. She stared at him, and for a moment she wondered what would happen if she just kissed him right then. He was a jacka** sure, but he was plenty attractive and she was lonely, had been for a while. Shaking her head, she brought herself back to reality. "James..my president doesn't lie. Please you have to believe me. Dis is the only vay to save our world. Who knows vhat he could concoct next if dis doesn't wipe out all of humanity as it is" she leaned forward, taking his hand gently. "I know I am veddy overvhelming, but I don't know vhat else to do" she pushed her hair out of her eyes and let her tearful eyes meet his very intense ones.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:53 pm 

James stares the woman down intensely, listening to what she is saying. "If you are right, you won't be able to fight a damn thing here. If you aren't, well, I'm pretty sure someone heard you talking at the airport, and honestly, you should seek asylum in the States. I'm leaving, wheels up in ten. That means you have eight minutes to decide whether you're joining me or not." His voice remains stern as he makes his way forward through the terminal, ready to leave.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:47 pm 

Anastasia smiled gently. "Okay, I vill come vith you" she pulled her bags from the car as well and followed him to the jet. She decided that running to the United States for now was the best course of action. At least this way, she could stay close to this new man. He was very attractive in his own very deep way. It had been a while since Anastasia had a true friend. She wanted to stop this virus but she needed help. This man clearly didn't believe her and the only thing she could do was wait until she had some proof.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:11 pm 

He gets to his plane, it has a small degree of luxury, but without too much opulence. He makes himself a drink, offering one to her as well. The engine roars as it comes to life, and within moments, they are in the air. He ignores her for the most part, trying to rest, knowing he has a lot of work that will need to be done once the wheels touch down in New York.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:01 am 

Anastasia took the drink with a smile and goes to her seat, where she immediately fell asleep. She dreamed of kissing this new stranger and of holding him in her arms. When she awoke, they had touched the ground and were preparing to get off. "Ve are here?" she asked him in a more gentle tone than she had been using throughout their recent conversations.