All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:21 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Mikayla didn't like that reply at all. She had no idea if Aiden did or didn't take a shower after the other night. She wasn't his keeper or his boss. Hell, she wouldn't have taken a shower if Tara hadn't sprayed her with that damn Lysol.

"Actually, Tara made me. She used the damn Lysol like it was bug spray."

Mikayla admitted, it had been annoying the other day but she was no grateful.

"That vaccine...won't it help him and the others, though?"

Not that she had any idea how soon you needed to take it or if it was only a prevention measure and not a full out cure. She was literally learning on the go.

"What are we going to do?"

Mikayla asked and followed Aerius to the janitor's closet. She took a gun and felt very uncomfortable. She had never used one before. Allie looked down at the gun and asked.

"How did you get into all this stuff?"

He obviously had done enough to research to know what he was talking about and he was her age. She had spent her years worrying about school, friends, and boys. Not the end of the world.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:58 am 

Medals: 2
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

"Then I'm glad Tara made you. Otherwise you'd be dead like them.", he spoke before they went in the closet. He'd be forever grateful to her.

"I'm glad SafetyT202 listened to me and sprayed her stuff down as well as friend."

Aiden asks for his current conditions....once he was told, he swallowed sadly, "The vaccine isn't a cure. It won't work after five hours after being bitten or a day after being exposed to the airborne one. Cleaning your body and things usually slow its process.....Aiden, regrettably, is pass the one day mark."

When they asked their questions, he answers with, "We are going to put down these poor, suffering people."

He cocks his gun voicing, "And, when you basically live on your own until you are 11-12, you learn alot over the time alone....especially after seeing a zombie movie. Learn from their mistakes and take precautionary measures, follow the secret underground groups of doomsday preparers and a bunch of other people like you. Get into a bunch of government conspiracy theorists groups and learn what they are up to and prepare for it. Buy stock with the money left to me and become someone who made their money of the stock market as well as sell weapons you made and that actually work to these preparers. By the time I went to public school, I was already a multimillionaire with a vast knowledge of what I was doing before this even began....but also I was lonely and I never wanted to lose my sanity over this so I went to school not telling of my fortune or anything and met Mikayla."

He told this to them as they reached a quiet part of the stadium.

"After this is done, we are going to get out of here and head to Chicago. They'll have a base up there ready to take in refugees. We'll be rescuing lucky ones along the way."

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:44 pm 

Hearing that made Mikayla scared. She always thought Tara was sweet, but a little crazy. She had been so annoyed when she sprayed her down, but she might now have saved her life. Tears filled her eyes when Aerius confirmed what she feared, nothing could be done for Aiden. She didn't like that answer at all. Allie reached over and squeezed Mikayla's hand.

"I'm sorry, Mikayla."

"Thanks."

Mikayla replied with a sad smile. If Aiden hadn't taken a shower after that football practice, then he'd be gone, like Brock was. Allie knew how much Aiden meant to her friend. Just like how much Brock had meant to her. Allie nodded her head when Aerius explained how he got into all this kind of stuff. It was a good in a way, but also sad. It sounded like he didn't have a real childhood.

"How many vaccines do you have?"

Mikayla asked, wondering how many people they could save along the way to Chicago.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:19 pm 

"On me...7....back at my place?.....20 crates full. Everyone we rescue can get it if we get to them early.", Aerius says. They walk for a while until they hear a scream.

"Mikayla! You dad!", Aerius exclaims.

They run to the source and see Aiden towering over her father who is scared for his life. Aiden was growling with blood running down his hand with his back towards them.

Aerius whistles, "HEY!! YA BIG LUG!!"

Aiden turns and he looked rabid...more rabid than Brock did.

"Mikayla, get to your father. Allie, go with her and get out of here. I'll tell you when I am on my way....", Aerius spoke calmly. He watches Aiden snarls and advance towards them slowly. His eyes scanned them then settled on Mikayla. He tilts his head looking her over.

If she doesn't listen and tries to approach and reason with him, he would stop listening...though...if she goes to touch him, he roars and pounces on her. Aerius then tackles him to the ground and punches his face.

"Girls, go!!", he orders as he postpones shooting him in front of Mikayla. He headbutts him and just pins him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:26 pm 

Mikayla wondered how Aerius had any time to study if he had that many vaccines made.

"We should go to the CDC. Get them to mass produce the-"

She was going to suggest that they needed to get vaccine in the hands of someone capable of mass producing the vaccines. If it spread as fast Aerius claimed, then those vials he had wouldn't last long. She heard a scream and ran towards it.

"Dad! Are you- Aiden! No!"

She screamed when she saw what had happened to her boyfriend. Why didn't she listen to Aerius and Tara before? He looked worse then Brock...It broke her heart and she stood there, stunned a moment. Allie grabbed her shoulder.

"Come on, we have to go."

"I..."

"It's not him anymore....Remember?"

Allie replied and Mikayla sadly nodded her head. She was echoing the same thing that Mikayla about Brock not too long ago. She nodded her head and said to Aiden.

"Aiden...If you're still in there, I loved you!"

She yelled, not knowing if Aiden would hear her or not. She knew what Aerius would do and she wasn't ready to process that. She had to help people. That she could...She'd cry for Aiden later.

"Come on, Dad!"

Mikayla yelled and tossed her father the ax so he had something to protect himself with.

"Mikayla! What the hell is-"

"We can explain later, let's go!"

Mikayla replied, running with Allie and her father away from Aerius and Aiden. Even if Aiden was gone and that thing wasn't really him...She didn't want to be around when Aerius put him down.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:51 pm 

Aerius and Aiden grappled on the ground. Aiden seemed to be much stronger than Brock and was much more difficult. He threw Aerius into the wall and clawed through his clothes. Aerius was lucky that he had padded clothes one plus quick reflexes otherwise he'd be dead. Aerius rolls out the way of a claw attack and shoots his gun. The gun rang out through the corridors followed by three more.

Aerius pants and sighs looking at the dead football player....feeling like crap. He just killed Mikayla's boyfriend...zombie or not. Aerius slightly disliked the guy but he would never kill him. Aerius shook his head then took out a match and set the remains on fire. He forgot to do it at Brock's because he was in a hurry to get over here to save Mikayla's father.

He radios Mikayla and asks, "Where are you? Tell me your location."

Minutes earlier

Her father, Allie, and Mikayla ran from the spot not knowing where to go. Mikayla could suddenly remember Aerius's place. He took her there two days ago telling her where to run to avoid the traps set by him.

While running, he father yelps in pain and slows down.

"Mikayla, wait, your dad.", Allie pants to her. They check him and see he has giant claw marks in his sides.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:36 pm 

Mikayla wasn't sure where to go. Staying at the stadium was not an option. There was mass panic all around. People running for their lives. Former people trying to kill other people...The police had arrived and were trying to restore some order but it was not going to be easy. They were in riot gear and whatever people became if they were infected was something out of a horror movie. Today, Ohio State would be on the news today but it wouldn't be because of their first football game.

Mikayla was trying to think as they ran, when her father yelped in pain.

"Dad? Are you- Oh, ****."

She said, looking at his back. It was bad...She heard Aerius' on the walkie talkie.

"In the parking lot...My dad's really hurt."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:59 pm 

"I'm on my way. Try to stop the bleeding of the wound. Use your nurse skills.", Aerius tells her then starts running towards them.

Allie is looking over the wound and the gashes were already forming pus. She nearly gags at the sight as her father pants. She helps Mikayla to slow the bleeding with a old towel. They ripped it apart and used it as a bandage on his wounds.

He pants looking at his daughter, "What is going on, Mikayla? Please tell me this is a stunt or this is a bad dream."

Her father groans in pain as his cells begin to burn in his body.

"Ahh", he hisses. Aerius gets there and asks, "How is he?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:32 pm 

"I'll try."

Mikayla replied to Aerius but she didn't sound very confident. The wound was bad, her father needed to see a doctor. She tossed Allie the walking talkie so they wouldn't lose it. It was getting infected and Mikalya knew the best she could was some basic first aid here. Her father needed to get to a hospital. He needed antibiotics and probably stitches. She ripped her shirt and pressed it against her dad's back, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Sorry, Dad."

She said, she was sure it hurt. She sighed at his comments.

"I wish I could....Aerius was right, after all."

Her father would remember the theories Aerius had about the end of the world. He hadn't taken the boy anymore seriously then Mikayla had. It was a bad idea in hindsight now. She looked up at Aerius.

"It's bad. He needs to be in a hospital."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:25 pm 

Her father looks horrified that the slightly insane but lovable boy was right about his crazy theories.

Aerius shakes his head, "No, bad idea. We got to get to my place. I can help him there."

He picks the man you before going to an abandoned car. He sets her father down before busting in the window. When he gets in and hotwires the car, it starts up and Aerius puts her father in the back. Allie gets in the back with him.

"I got him, Mikayla", she assures her. Aerius gets in the driver seat after they all get in and drives crazy fast towards his house. He dodges all he could and runs over some zombies in the way.

They get to his house outside the city in the woods. He drives down to the dirt road to a giant wood cabin. A gorgeous, mansionsque, log cabin. He stops in front of the front door then taps on his phone and the door already was open. Aerius carefully gets him inside.

The inside of his house was huge and looked actually clean for a doomsday preparer but gun pieces laid neatly out on the dining table and a giant computer monitor in replace of an actual tv screen. Aerius carries him to his bedroom then opens up one of the wooden closets and takes out some medical equipment and gets to work on her father.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:44 pm 

Mikayla frowned at Aerius.

"But he needs antibiotics and stitches."

She tried to argue. She would have felt better if her father was in the hospital. Hospitals were where you went to be safe. At least, you were supposed to be safe there. Who knew right now? Allie told her they needed to move. The police were having trouble getting things under control and it was dangerous out here. Mikayla got in the car and felt like she was in a horror movie. Zombies everywhere...'None of this was real,' she thought. 'It's all a dream.' She pinched her arm and realized it wasn't. Mikayla and Allie went inside the house and Mikayla asked.

"What happened to Aiden?"

Although she had a feeling she would know the answer. She just needed to hear it out loud that her boyfriend was gone.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:28 pm 

Aerius poured peroxide on a rag and wipes the wounds before answering, "I'm sorry, Mikayla, but Aiden is dead and his body is now dead."

He focuses on the dying man before them. He injects her father with morphine and the vaccine and wraps the wound waiting for it to kick in.

"Watch the wounds, please. Tell me when he can't feel anything. I have to go wash this blood off....it should take about 15 minutes to kick in.", he tells them then kisses the man he considers a father on the head before going to the bathroom. He runs water in the sink and washes the blood off his skin. He removes his clothes and showers the rest off his body and from his hair. He doesn't take long and gets new clothes from the closet. He pulls on cargo pants and a dark green button up, rolled up sleeved shirt. He runs his fingers through his hair and puts on dirt brown shoes.

He is either going to called out by Mikayla or going to walk out on his own.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:20 pm 

Mikayla's eyes filled with tears when Aerius confirmed her fear.

"No..."

She whispered, she didn't want Aiden to be dead. She had loved him. She wanted to start to crying but held back her tears. Her father was still alive and needed her. She sniffed and wiped a few tears from her face.

"I'm sorry, baby."

Her father said and she gave him a small smile.

"I know, Dad."

She said, taking a hold of the hand he offered her. Breaking down wasn't an option right now, Mikayla thought to herself. Her father needed her. Her friends needed her to stay strong. Aiden would want her to stay strong. Help Aerius get people out of the city. Help those they could...She wished Aiden was here. Her father squeezed her hand as Aerius treated him. It hurt and it upset Mikayla to see her father in pain.

"Okay."

Mikayla said, nodding her head. Her focus was on her father and she was praying she wouldn't lose him as well. There was a knock on the door and Allie went to answer it. She was surprised to see Tara there.

"Is Doc A here?"

"Who is that?"

Allie asked, confused. She had no idea who Tara was talking about. Tara realized that Allie wasn't up to date on a lot of things.

"Aerius, I meant. Is he here?"

"Yeah, he went to the bathroom."

Allie replied and Tara hurried to the bathroom. She had no time to wait. He needed to know how badly the **** had hit the fan in Columbus. She didn't even notice Mikayla and her father as she first knocked and then entered the bathroom. She blushed a little, seeing that Aerius was changing.

"Oh, crap...Sorry....Allie didn't say you were changing."

Tara replied, her cheeks were red and she turned her back to give him privacy.

"What happened at the stadium is just the tip of the iceberg, Doc. The zombies...They're taking over the city. I heard on a police radio that the governor ordered a shutdown for the city. No one can go in or out."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:01 pm 

Aerius listened to Tara and wasn't fazed by her intruding. He growls, "D**mit all...quarantined....not like it will make a difference. We have to get out of here fast."

He moves past her brushing up against her. He checks on Mikayla's father then looks to her.

"Call your mother. Tell her to get to my old house and go down to my basement there. It is a safe room...just in case I was still there when this happened. We'll pick her up when we leave."

He turns to Allie and Tara, "Can either of you drive?"

When he asks that and they ask why, he brings up his surveillance monitors to the underground. It shows three transfer trucks modified to carry live things. They gave windows and side doors and meant for human and animal life.

"I need someone to drive other two...someone I trust. In times like these, people will get incredibly selfish.", he announces. Aerius goes back to Mikayla's father and tests his condition...once he determines he is under enough, he gets set on sewing the man up.

"We'll stay here for a day. In that time, I'll teach you how to fight and use my modified weapons and the weapons on the trucks. It'll be crucial as we are going to have to teach others.", he says wiping away some access blood from the father's wounds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:43 pm 

"I know that but those people...You know how government people always think they know everything."

Tara replied to Aerius. She wasn't an anarchist but it did annoy her that government always thought they knew was best. Allie listened to Aerius and Tara confused.

"Why won't it help? If the city is in lock down, then wouldn't anyone outside of Columbus be safe?"

"It only takes one, Allie."

Tara replied and Mikayla frowned. One person was all it took to cause this. Hundreds of innocent people were dead. Aiden was dead. Her dad might die...All because of one person. Allie said what Mikayla was thinking.

"Brock's roommate...He did this. He infected Brock, who infected his teammates, who infected the people in the stadium..."

Tara nodded her head at what Allie said.

"It's a domino effect."

Mikayla looked down at her father and hoped he would be okay. She nodded her head at Aerius. If what happened to Brock had went so far that the city was in lock down, who knew how fast the state would be. She told her father she'd be right back and grabbed her cell phone. She walked into the bathroom to talk to her mother privately. She didn't get a hold of her, her mom was still at work, and left a message on her voicemail. Both Allie and Tara told him that they could drive. Allie was surprised how prepared Aerius was for the outbreak, like he had been preparing all his life. Tara wasn't shocked, before she had met him in person, she had been reading his research.

"How many people are you planning to take with us?"

Tara asked him.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:46 pm 

Aerius has been preparing all his life for this moment and made many research papers from medical to political. He was quite the genius when it came to gathering correct information and putting it together.

"As many as we can", he announces finishing up on Mikayla's father whose name is Ryan.

"Each truck can hold about 100 people...150 max if we squeeze them in. I modified the actual cargo part to where it was two story utilizing all the space I could while still trying to make it comfortable.", he told them.

He immediately washes his hands and gives Ryan extra strength pain killers.

"You all must be hungry.", he says changing the subject...it must be a stressful thought on Allie and Mikayla and Ryan. They aren't mentally prepared for this life...surviving the apocalypse.

"I'll make sure burgers. Any topping ideas?", he asks as he gestures for the standing young adults to follow him to the gorgeous kitchen made of oak wood and had black marble countertops, an island, silver two door fridge, silver oven, and black tile floors.

He opens the fridge that wasn't packed like a zombie preppers. Unknown to Allies and maybe Tara is the tons of food hidden in a underground freezer all injected with a honey serum to keep them forever fresh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 am 

Tara nodded her head in understanding. Although in a city with of over eight hundred thousand people, not many would be saved. Allie asked.

"That's only, at most, only four hundred and fifty people...How will-"

"First come, first served."

Tara suggested. She didn't want to think about how people would die, compared to how many would be saved. If she did, it would be very upsetting. It was better to think about how many they could save, compared to how many would die. More would die if they didn't get to Chicago and mass produce Aerius' vaccine. The only way to stop the whole country and neighboring countries from the outbreak, was to get people vaccinated. Once the infection had no more new patients, it would end. There was a light at the end of the tunnel, but it would take time to reach it.

Mikayla looked down at her father, he was so hurt. The pain killers helped a little. He was in so much pain, he wasn't even hungry. Food...That was something Mikayla wasn't even thinking about. With her dad resting, she was thinking of how Aiden was dead. She mumbled that whatever Aerius made to eat would be fine. She wasn't feeling very picky, neither was Allie. With Ryan resting, it was hitting her again that Brock was dead. That he helped spread this outbreak and hadn't even known it. Tara offered to help Aerius with the food. She was depressed, she knew her cousin, Aiden was dead, and she would miss him. He had been a good guy. She had thought he would have taken a shower after practice. She wished she had made sure he had, like she had made sure Mikayla had been clean.

If only...What ifs didn't matter now. Columbus had fallen and other cities would soon too. It only took one, like she had told Allie.

"Be honest, how many people do you think will die before we get your vaccine in the right hands?"

Tara asked Aerius quietly.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:19 pm 

Aerius knew these girls were all depressed....right now it was hitting hard that their loved ones, boyfriends, family members and friends alike, would either be dead or a flesh eating being. Aerius was nearly lucky that he had no true family like they did....if you don't count Mikayla's parents taking him in. These girls and his crush', Mikayla's, parents were his only family so they were is main priority. He hurt him to see them so upset making him wish he could turn back the clock to prevent the true masterminds behind this from making the da***ed disease.

Aerius sighs and rubs the back of his head feeling awkward. In hoping to at least raise their spirits by a few notches, Aerius puts on a funny song called Gummy Bear. He washes his hands and preps. When Tara asks, he goes silent thinking at that number.

"....With this set back....and infected people finding holes in the quarantine barrier......and trying to actually save people in danger........", he calculates carefully. Aerius figures out the number and shakes his head, "It's a number you don't want to hear."

Aerius takes out some of the girls' favorite veggies and begins sautéing them up after putting the burgers on.

At Mikayla's mom work, she finally got a break from her job. She sits to eat some lunch and takes out her phone.

A text from her husband was the first message she saw. It read:

Hey Babsy (cute name for Barbara, Mikayla's mother), I finally made to the stadium. I'll text you at half time. I love you.

Ryan.

She smiles then checks the time. It was nearly half time...odd how that synced up. Barbara looks through her phone until realizing she has a missed call from Mikayla. She calls her voice mailbox and listens to the message.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:51 pm 

Aerius only confirmed what Tara already belived.

"I figured."

She replied, helping him prep food.

"Allie's right, though. There are too many people. We can't take them all with us."

It was a depressing thought, leaving people to die or become a monster. But there was no way they would have enough room to save everyone in the city, let alone the people they might encounter on their journey.

"We get to Chicago and make sure the vaccine is mass produced and given out...It'll all be okay in the end."

Tara said, not sure if she was reassuring Aerius or just herself. She had to believe it would all work out in the end. People would die, but more would be saved. The saved would outweigh all the losses...Believing that would help her carry on.

"Do you think Mister Jackson will make it?"

She asked, she knew how close Mikayla was with her father. Aiden was already gone and...It would not help Mikayla's mental state at all to lose him too. Tara was checking her phone constantly to see if her loved ones had sent any messages. None so far...She hoped they believed her that they would be in danger but she wasn't sure. Like Mikayla, her family would tolerate her end of the world claims, but never truly believed her. For once, Tara wished she hadn't been right.

--------------------

The message from Mikayla was that her mother needed to get off work right away and head to Aerius' house. She didn't want to worry her too much. It was just a voicemail telling her to turn on the news and know she and her father were alive.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:23 pm 

Barbara heeded her daughter's warning and did turn the news on. What she saw and incredibly freighting and something just had to be a prank....Zombie?! In Columbus, Ohio?! Oh, let this be a movie stunt!

She was about to call Mikayla when her work's alarm goes off. An intruder who was snarling and tearing at the front doors...the zombie smelt pumping blood and was on the verge of starving. It manages to bust through with its new strength and takes out the security going to force him out. The panic starts and Barbara doesn't even wait to see what it was. She takes the back entrance and goes to Aerius's old and much simpler home.

Aerius was setting out the food and toppings.

"Help yourself, girls.", he tells them, "The depression will soon turn to anger and determination. Need to keep that strength up for the training."

He leaves them to their thoughts and stomachs to check on Ryan. While in the room, he hooks up and IV and some blood to him. Aerius already knew his blood type so he wasn't worried about that. He checks the online chat room of Apocalyptic. It was blowing up and everyone was saying DocA214 and some others were right and calling out to Doc A for what to do. He orders them to start saving people and get to Chicago.

He sighs and rubs his face....so this is how the fictional heroes of the comic world felt.....the world resting on his shoulders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next