All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:44 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It was a beautiful fall day in the city of Columbus, Ohio. Football season was going to begin very soon and anyone with half a brain in that city cheered for the Ohio State Buckeyes. Mikayla Jackson certainly did. She was an Ohio girl, born and raised. This was her sophomore year at The Ohio State University. She was studying medicine. She had grown up in a town about two hours away from Columbus and all her life she had wanted to attend OSU. She had been raised a Buckeyes fan. Her dad been so excited when she was accepted to the school. In fact, her father was even more thrilled that her boyfriend, Aiden, was one of the players on the football team. Aiden was a defensive safety and Mikayla planned to be decked out in scarlet and grey to cheer him and his teammates on at every one of their home games. Aiden was at practice right now and Mikayla was walking through the campus. Looking for some friends to hang out while he was at practice.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:06 pm 

Medals: 2
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Aerius Jonathans was sitting under a tree working on a weird looking gun. He was slightly sadden at the fact he hasn't been able to talk to Mikayla yet. He and her were best friends high school and part of middle school. He was only a year older and he got accepted into OSU on a technology scholarship. He was so excited to finally meet her here but she has been busy as a college freshman and hanging with her boyfriend and his crowd....the jock.

Aerius doesn't consider Aiden a bad guy. They were friends in a way but Aerius also liked Mikayla and hurt him to see her with another...not like he was ever going to say that. As long as Mikayla was happy, he is happy...even if he truly wasn't.

He sighs looking up from his project fixing his black round glasses. Aerius is one of those cute looking nerd boys wearing a nice button, untucked, blue jeans, and black Nikes. His brunette hair fell to the middle of his ears and it was slightly parted over his right eye.

He goes wide eyed seeing Mikayla walking alone. He finally gets to talk to her in person for nearly over a year. He gets up and calls out, "Hey, Mikayla! Over here!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:24 pm 

Mikayla smiled at Aerius when she saw him. They had been friends a long time. They had survived teenage life in a boring small town together. Not that she realized he had a crush on her. He never said anything about it and Mikayla wasn't the type of girl who just assumed everyone would be madly in love with her. She certainly knew the world didn't revolve around her and wasn't arrogant enough to think that she was the most gorgeous girl in the world. Aiden thought she was pretty. She had blonde hair that was shoulder length, that she often tied back a lot in a ponytail and blue eyes. She also wore small black framed glasses, she couldn't see **** in a distance without them on.

The last year it had been different between them. Aerius had seemed to busy for her and she met Aiden. Aiden might play football but he wasn't a stupid jock. He was studying sports medicine, he wasn't the type of guy to think that he could play a sport all his life. He had a back up career. They had met through their medical classes. Plus, Mikayla had always liked football thanks to her dad. It was something that they had bonded over. She wondered what type of gun Aerius was messing around with, it looked from her vantage point, a little different. She walked over to him and said.

"Hey, stranger. Long time, no see."

She had been excited that at the idea of going to the same university as her friend, until she realized she'd be spending her freshman year without actually seeing him much. It had hurt at first, that was until she met Aiden and had started to make new friends. Not that she didn't miss her friendship with Aerius, though. She just didn't want push a friendship on him if he didn't want it anymore.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:51 pm 

He smiled happily at her. Aerius missed her a lot over the year.

"Hey", he laughs, "Didja miss me?"

Aerius embraces her in a friendly hug and lets go immediately. He looks her over and whistles, "Wow! You have grown-up so much, Cupcake. I think I have to call you just Cake now."

Cupcake is a nickname he'd given her when they met. In 7th grade, he saw her in the hallway and he wanted to make friends with her since he was the new kid coming from Britain. He didn't know her name but Aerius really wanted to talk to her. He looked and saw a giant cupcake on her backpack and decided to us that characteristic to catch her attention. Everytime up until he really learned her name he called her Cupcake and it stuck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:13 am 

"A little."

Mikayla replied, returning Aerius' brief hug. She had missed him and it hurt a little that he seemed to have avoided her for a whole year. Especially when they had been friends since the seventh grade. He seen what she had looked like in those awful awkward years. Mikayla laughed.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm finally tall enough to ride some of the big coasters at Cedar Point."

Mikayla said, talking about the amusement park not far from her home town. She had definitely been on of those kids that had late growth spurts. That cupcake book bag was long gone but the nickname had always stuck. She didn't mind it, though.

"So, what have you been up to?"

She asked, especially curious about the gun she had seen him holding before he noticed her.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:24 am 

Aerius didn't want to avoid her but she always looked so busy with either school, work, or Aiden.

"Nothing much, Mikayla. I am still readying for the apocalypse.", he holds up his new gun, "A new gun I have been working on. It's a solar powered laser gun. I modified a regular glock pistol and made something out of Star Wars."

Yes, Aerius is one of those nerds who believe in aliens, bigfoot, and talk about zombie apocalypses and actually prepares for it. He doesn't look it, however, so he doesn't seem totally crazy.

"I'm also working on a vaccination to inject my loved ones with so if they get bitten or catch an airborne virus, they won't turn. I'm almost done with it."

Mikayla knew that went he meant loved ones, he meant her and her family. Aerius is technically an orphan....his parents left him the house and possessions and money when he was six years old. He lived on his own and self taught himself until he felt too lonely to continue on homeschooling himself. Aerius enrolled himself in the middle school at the end of the sixth grade year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:57 am 

"Oh, I see."

Mikayla replied to Aerius. She remember him always being obsessed with an apocalypse that hadn't come yet. An apocalypse she doubted was going to come. Not that she'd be rude and tell him so. She always tried to humor his obsession, even if she thought it was crazy. The Cleveland Browns were more likely to the Super Bowl then the world coming to an end. At least, that's what Mikayla personally thought.

"You always did want to be prepared."

Mikayla said, looking at the gun and nodded her head about the vaccination. Aerius was so smart, he could use that intelligence to focus on vaccinations for people with real illnesses, not worry about something that will never happen. She also knew he had very few loved ones. She never could wrap her mind around the fact his parents hadn't wanted to be parents to him. Her own parents had constantly invited him to their house, so he could get an idea what a normal family was supposed to be like.

"You planning to go to the game Saturday?"

She asked, changing the subject. It was the first home game and a pretty big deal, at least to anyone who enjoyed college football. Mikayla was planning to go.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:00 pm 

Aerius remembered those times and cherished them...it made normal and not the stereotypical apocalypse preparer that's insane.

He looked hesitant about the game. Of course, Aerius kept in perfect condition to make sure he was physically prepared for what was to come. He worked out his muscles until he could lift 300 lbs more than his 200 lbs weight. He took gymnastics and ballet to stay agile and flexible. Aerius also took many self defense and fighting classes. He is skinny but he has the body of a god with the height of 6'1. He ran everywhere...literally, the man never used a car if he could help it. If it wasn't for Mikayla convincing him not to, he would've ran to his college with all his stuff on his back. Aerius has a car and knows how to drive but prefers his speed. He ate healthily and knew how to cook. Aerius was a force to be reckoned with if he had to show off all his abilities.

However, he wasn't that big of a sports fan even if he looked up all the sports and history and statics including football so he could have something to talk about with Mikayla and her father.

"Umm.....sure?", he said

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:15 pm 

It had been fun spending time with Aerius and her parents. Her parents had felt so bad for him how his parents had abandoned him and they had treated him like a son. Mikayla could tell that Aerius was hesitant about her suggestion for the game. Sometimes she forgot he wasn't as into football as she and her father were. He would spend lots of weekends with them and during the fall, that meant watching football. She tended to forget he had never been as into the games like she and her father were. It was something an interest she and Aiden shared, though. He was obviously a huge football fan, since he played the game. One his dreams had been to play for the Buckeyes.

"You don't have to go, if you don't want to."

She told him, giving him a chance to get out of it. Mikayla wanted to spend some time with an old friend, but she didn't want to make him be bored either.

"If you don't have any plans tonight, I'm hanging out with Aiden and Tara. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you joining us."

Realizing that Aerius may not know who Tara was, Mikayla offered.

"Tara is my roommate and Aiden's cousin. She's how I met him. Anyway, she's a pretty cool girl and she's pretty interested in the ummm...apocalypse stuff too."

Mikayla was never into it, but she did learn to humor her friends who were. She just found it ironic that once she had moved into the campus that her roommate, Tara Walker, was also into the same things as Aerius. Maybe they would bond over it. Tara wasn't dating anyone and Mikayla wasn't sure if Aerius currently was. He wasn't much a big dater back in high school, but she never realized it was because of his crush on her. There was nothing wrong with her friends being friends too.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:18 pm 

Aerius smiles, "I wouldn't mind going to the game with you...I read up on some football stuff while here. Also, I'd like to meet this person. Wouldn't mind getting another fellows interest on the apocalypse and which one will be coming. I still think it is zombies and zombies by disease."

He looks at his gun for a moment a little awkwardly. He knew he was about to go on and on about this and she wasn't a believer. Aerius smiled though at how she humored him...such a great friend she was.

He looks back up calming his excitement, "Anyway, wanna hang out before Aiden gets off the field? I know a great café we can get a bite at."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:47 pm 

Mikayla smiled at Aerius when he said he would go to the game.

"Great! It'll be fun. I love being able to watch the games in the stadium. My dad loves it too, I got him tickets to every home game and he's coming down for the game. He'll be happy to see you again."

Aerius would surely remember that her father was a huge football fan as well. He would be happy to see Aerius. He had been surprised when Mikayla said she hadn't seen him at all last year. She nodded her head when he said he wouldn't mind meeting Tara. Maybe they would hit it off and she wouldn't have to worry so much about Aerius being alone. Tara was a nice girl and Mikayla considered her a good friend.

"I know."

She said, she remembered what he thought would cause the end of the world. Mikayla just didn't think that zombies would ever be real. It was stuff for movies and television shows. But she'd never be rude to her friend. She smiled at his suggestion for food.

"Sounds good to me. Lead the way."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:39 pm 

Aerius beams and leads her to the café. It was a hipster like café with jazz flowing through it. It wasn't all hipsters but the vibe was there. Upon entrance, the barista looks up and smiles.

"Aye! It's Dr. Aerius! Welcome back!", he bursts out. Everyone looks and claps, not snap but actually claps, for him. Aerius rubs the back of his head.

"Hey, Dylan", he says. They sit at the bar and, assuming Mikayla asks why'd Dylan called him a doctor, Dylan says, "He saved a guy here! A guy was having a stroke in the corner and stuff and Aerius goes over and helps the man. He got him out of his coma quick, fast, and in a hurry. So fast that the guy didn't end up with the lopsided face! Aerius is a hero here! And the old man turns out to be someone close to the Dean of the college!"

Aerius is red with embarrassment, "I told you not to tell."

"Sorry, Aeri, but I told everyone who walks through. The newpaper clipping is still up on the wall."

He points behind him and a framed clipping of his article is there. Aerius faceplants the bar as Dylan got him his usual.

He looks to Mikayla, "What can I do for you, Mikayla?"

If she was confused about how she knew her name without being introduced, Dylan says, "Aerius doesn't shut up about you. 'Mikayla is so smart! She made honor grad!' 'Mikayla and her family are so nice, they took me in' and blah blah blah. Everyday is a new story about you from him. I was waiting for him to walk in with you and I could call him Dr. Aerius."

Aerius is burning red now.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 pm 

Mikayla hadn't been to this café before. It wasn't the type of place she and Aiden tended to frequent. They usually would eat at sports' bars. It seemed pretty cool, though, and she was surprised when the barista called Aerius 'doctor' and the patrons clapped at his arrival.

"Doctor?"

Mikayla asked curiously and Dylan answered her question for her. She was surprised but also proud of him.

"That's awesome, 'Doctor'. You shouldn't be embarrassed."

She told Aerius and looked at the newspaper article. She frowned at Dylan.

"Umm...how do you know my name?"

Mikayla asked, very confused. She knew they had never met before. Her cheeks turned a little red when Dylan offered up how much Aerius talked about her and her family.

"Oh...We'll, we've been friends for years."

She replied, a little embarrassed that she was famous in this café.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:33 pm 

"Oh yea. He has been nonstop about you though. Nearly told his whole story of how you saved him from complete and totally insanity. In fact, I thank you for, if it wasn't for you, Dr. Aerius wouldn't have been here to save that guy. You are like an indirect hero!", he smiles and claps for her. Others clap as well and, when it settles down, Dylan smiles again and asks, "So what can I get for you."

After she orders and Dylan serves it, Aerius lifts his head and sips his special made tea and took a bite of his favorite sandwich, turkey and cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard.

He sighs and looks at her, "Now you know my secret life...Imma Doctor....I'm still working on the Police booth so I can time and space travel."

Aerius chuckles at his joke hoping she got it. He looks at his phone as it buzzes and he looks worried.

"Hey....Dylan...do you have those superfoods I asked for? I really need them to finish the serum."

"Huh? Yea, I'll drive them by your place.", Dylan answers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:19 pm 

As Dylan told her how much Aerius talked about her, Mikayla blushed. It was surprising that he'd tell other people so much about her, when he avoided her the last year.

"Umm...Thanks."

'I guess,' Mikayla thought. She wasn't sure what to think about being an indirect hero. She looked at the café's menu and order a ham sandwich and chips. She laughed at Aerius' joke.

"I guess so."

'It might explain why you avoided all of last year,' she thought but didn't say out loud. It hurt a little to know that Aerius had avoided her but apparently told all his new friends about her. Mikayla wanted to bring it up but she wasn't sure how to start it. She stirred the ice in her soda around with her straw a moment and frowned when Aerius checked his phone.

"Is something wrong?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:43 pm 

He looks at her then shakes his head, "Something apocalyptic.....I need to hurry on the vaccine."

Aerius sips his drink then looks at her, "But I won't trouble you with it right now. How was your year?"

He listened to her eating his sandwich. In the back of his mind, he was trying to push the worry off his mind.

'It's not here yet....I'll have it done in time....I just hope I can make enough....', he thought. He nods until she decides to bring up him avoiding her....assuming she thought this would be a good time to bring it up. If she does, he chokes a bit on his drink. Aerius wipes his mouth and looks at her slightly shocked, "You thought I avoided you?"

He looks slightly hurt then says, "I wasn't trying to...I was trying to give you time to adjust to the college life. It's a handful the first year. Very busy, getting settled, trying to figure out all the adult decisions. It was easy for me because I was doing it for years but you didn't have to. Plus you got a boyfriend during that time."

His voice quivered slightly at the end of that sentence.

"Honestly, I thought you were too busy for me and I didn't want to be a distraction. I'm sorry I made you feel that I was avoiding you."

Aerius's eyes meets hers, "I never want to make you feel bad about anything."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:48 pm 

"Oh, I see."

Mikayla replied. She didn't think there would ever be some kind of zombie apocalypse and that there wouldn't be a need for a vaccine. She knew Aerius truly believed it but she just didn't. There were real problems in the world to worry about. There were real diseases that needed to be cured, like cancer and AIDS. She wished that someone as smart as Aerius could focus on that. But she knew he truly believed in it and it wasn't worth arguing about it.

"It's been good."

Mikayla replied, happy for the change of subject. She talked about liking OSU, the classes she enjoyed, a club she joined, and what a good friend Tara had become to her. She brought up Aiden, but didn't go into a lot of detail. She wasn't sure how comfortable Aerius was about him. Somehow, during all the talking, she did bring up that she thought Aerius had made an effort to avoid her. She nodded her head.

"What was I supposed to think? We were best friends, for years, and suddenly you were too busy for me."

Mikayla didn't want to hurt him with the truth, but his actions had hurt her. She frowned when he brought up Aiden. Yes, she had gotten a boyfriend. It was a natural thing for people their age to do. Besides, he had never made a move on her. When they first met, she had had a big crush on Aerius. Other kids always thought they were dating, but Aerius made it seem like they were just friends. He never asked her out, never hinted he wanted to be more then her friend, so Mikayla had eventually gotten over her crush. She accepted they would just be friends. She had never brought up being anything else because she didn't want to ruin their friendship.

"Just because I met Aiden, that didn't mean I didn't want us to still be friends."

Mikayla looked down and crumpled up her napkin.

"You might not have meant it, but you did hurt me. We had so much fun together before and I thought it would be like here. Yes, we were adults, but we'd just make new memories together and with our new friends. I didn't expect you to act like I didn't exist."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:12 pm 

Aerius never knew of her crush. He always thought he felt too nerdy, geeky, and...well....crazy for a girl like her which is why he never made a move on her. A girl like her needed someone sensible and sane he felt but it still hurt him.

He looks at his own napkin then puts a hand on hers. Once she looked at him, he spoke seriously.

"Mikayla, I'm truly sorry for what I have done. I thought you were too busy for me but I see I was wrong. I never want to hurt you and I'm sorry I didn't come to you with my worries. As for Aiden, I thought it would be awkward if we were both near you. I didn't want to scare him away with my talk of apocalypses. Please accept my sincere apology. I swore I'd never hurt you and I broke it. I'm so very sorry and I start making it up to you right now. I want you to know I am never too busy for you...I'm always here for you...always and forever."

With the end of that, he lets go of her hand hoping he accepts it. He sips his drink and looks at the time to see if football practice was over with.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:28 pm 

Aerius didn't know about her old crush, because Mikayla never would admit it out loud. It had taken her almost two months to admit how much she liked Aiden and even then, he was the one who admitted his feelings first. Mikayla looked up when Aerius touched her hands. She listened carefully and did not speak up until he was finished. When he was done, she replied.

"Well, I think you were a butt head but I forgive you. I want us to still be friends and don't worry about Aiden. He's a good guy and he hears enough from his cousin about apocalypses. You won't scare him off. I think it would be awesome if we could all be friends."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:36 pm 

"Yea", he nods smiling a bot then checks his watch, "Getting late. Football practice is probably over...want me to walk you to the field or your apartment? We can catch up over the past year."

Aerius pays for their food and gets up. Dylan comes over and hands him a bag.

"Here. I already had the bag so I thought I give it to you now since you are here.", Dylan says handing him the bag. Aerius nods thanking him and waits on Mikayla.

When they left and started walking to their destination, Aerius says, "I took your advice in high school and started a medical degree here. Are you perusing your passion here?"

Aerius listens to her while remaining observant around the dark scene.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next