All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:47 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It was wise of Aerius to make Mikalya make a promise. Keeping a promise to someone else would make help her focus on other things like her grief. It would be far too easy to only think about that. She nodded her head and followed Aerius. Although the drive to Chicago, in theory, shouldn't take too long, Mikalya realized they would be stopping a lot. Letting others join them and trying to help people along the way.

"Okay, I can do that."

Mikayla replied. It seemed like an easy enough task. Making sure people were okay. She could give out water and snacks if some people asked. Offer them blankets and such. Seeing if people needed anything would keep her mind off of what she lost. She had Tara help her. She and Tara filled a wagon up with bottled water and little bags of trail mix. There were also some light blankets in it to give people.

"How are you keeping it all together? I feel like a mess."

Mikayla asked and Tara replied with a sigh.

"Well, I guess I hide it well but...I'm one too. I always knew something crazy like this would happen but...I wish I had been wrong."

It didn't feel good to be right, not when so many people had lost their lives. Aiden had lost his...Tara was sad. She had loved her cousin and had always been close to him. They had been like siblings. Him dating her friend had made her happy to see them both happy.

"I wish Aiden was here."

Mikayla said and Tara nodded her head.

"Me too, I miss him. He'd be right here, helping us."

Tara had no doubt about that and Mikayla nodded her head in agreement. Aiden had been a good person. He would have done whatever he could to help people. If only they had made sure he had taken a stupid shower that night...What ifs didn't matter anymore, Tara told herself. Aiden was gone and she had to make sure that other people didn't lose their lives the way he had. Tara touched Mikayla's hand to stop her from taking off with the filled up wagon.

"You have to stay strong. Aiden would want you to carry on. Survive this, have a good life. You know that, right?"

"I do...I just....I miss him and it's so hard."

Mikayla replied sadly and Tara gave her a hug.

"I know, it's hard for me too. I just tell myself that doing what we're doing is making him proud."

Mikayla returned the hug and smiled sadly.

"Let's make him proud."

She said and Tara nodded her head. They both put on smiles as they headed to the first van and asked the people how they were doing if they needed anything.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:58 am 

Medals: 2
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Since Aerius was working, he had no input to give them and nothing important to say.

In the van, Terra and Mikayla passed out the supplies. They notice these people were in shock and grief as well. Seeing this might make them feel less alone and sad because of this. Near the back, they could hear hear crying.

Terra investigates and sees a little boy crying into his knees.

"Hey, hey", she says to him. She gets closer to him and asks, "What's wrong?"

"I-I lost my mommy and daddy and my big brother...", he cries, "They told me to stay hidden in somewhere but someone found me and took me away! Now, I don't know where they are!"

He cries harder and Terra looks at him in sadness. She gently gets closer and wraps her arms around him.

"Shhh....it's ok...", she pets his head, "It's ok...."

Terra lays her head on top of the sobbing boy's, "We'll find your parents....and your brother."

He sniffs, "Really?"

"Yes, really. We will find them and they'll be happy and healthy..."

To everyone who had more of an adult mind, she was half lying. They knew it was more than likely those people are dead or zombies....but the boy didn't need to know that.

"Hey, what's your name?", Terra asks

"Carlos Levings...but my big brother calls me Peep."

"Why is that?"

"He said my first word was Peep because I liked baby chickens and the cute peep sound they made."

Terra smiles, "That's adorable. How old are you?"

"4"

"That's cool. I'm 22."

"That's my brother's age!", he exclaims,

"Perfect. Now, we can start looking for your family with this information. Do you have a picture?"

Peep nods and takes out a family photo.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:17 pm 

It didn't take Mikayla long to think she was selfish. Helping out the people they had been rescuing from the city, made her realize she wasn't alone. Other people were in shock and grief as well. She wasn't the only one who had lost someone she loved. She followed Tara and saw the crying boy. Her heart broke a little seeing him. Especially when Tara said they would help him find his family. Mikayla wished that was true, but it was very likely that Peep's family was dead. Not that Mikayla was going to tell him that.

Mikayla took the family photo from him and thought his family looked nice. They were happy and the kids looked loved. It was sad they weren't together now.

"We can show this to other people and see if they saw your parents and brother. Peep? Would you like to help us hand out this stuff?"

Mikayla asked, motioning to the wagon of supplies. They couldn't leave the small boy all alone. Maybe if he helped them, it would help him feel a little better.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:02 pm 

He nodded with a small smile. Tara smiles too and they get out. The little boy helped passed out supplies with them. The while, he kept asking about his brother and parents....he kept getting the same results of no.

Peep sighs defeated...everyone has someone from their previous lives. Even the main crew (Aerius, Mikayla, Allie, and Tara) had each other and Ryan. Peep was alone...

He started to cry again and Tara hugs him looking at Mikayla.

"Mikayla, go see if his parents and his brother is were Aerius is. Remember The father has pale skin with blue eyes like Peep and dark brown hair. The mother has dark brown eyes, blonde hair like Peep, with tan skin and birthmark on her left arm shaped like a heart. The brother is a tan man with dark brown eyes, jet black hair, and he has a scar on his neck and cheek.

Peep sniffles, "Those were from when Davy protected my from a gang of boys....he got cut when he fought them off."

Where Aerius was, he was finishing up when he saw someone limping towards them. He watches them ready to alarm the rest that zombies were near but noticed he didn't have symptoms of a zombie. The man gets close asking for water. He seemed that he completed parched himself from running with no liquid and his leg was broken.

Aerius helped him and asked someone to get him some water.

"What's your name?", Aerius says as he gave the newcomer a shot of the vaccine and handed him a bottle of water. The stranger drunk the water hungrily then spoke, "My name is Davy Levings."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:59 pm 

It saddened Mikayla that Peep kept hearing no about his family. He seemed like a sweet kid and pretty eager to help her and Tara out. She really hoped that someone had seen his parents or his brother. It would be awful to think the little boy might be all alone in the world.

"We still got a lot more people to ask."

Mikayla told Peep when she saw how upset he was getting. If nothing else, they could take him in. Make sure he was kept safe. Mikayla nodded her head to Tara.

"Yeah, I'll go see."

Mikayla passed Allie on the way, who had not seen anyone matching the description of Peep's family either. Mikayla was starting to feel defeated for the little boy and wished Tara hadn't given, what now seemed like, false hope. She walked over to Aerius and saw him handing a man a bottle of water. She only caught his last name.

"'Levings'? Your last name is Levings?"

She asked the man.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:32 pm 

He looks then nods, "Yes. Davy Levings. It seems like you heard it before...."

When she confirmed she had and from where, Davy goes wide eyed, "Peep! You found him!? He is here?!"

He tried to get up but grunts landing on his bad leg, "Ahhh!"

Aerius helps him up off the ground asking, "Peep?"

"Peep is my little brother....I thought zombie got him when I couldn't find him....he is all I have left. Our parents were killed by raiders.", he pants then looks to Mikayla, "Please bring my brother to me. It seems I can't walk."

Tara has taken the sad Peep to her truck. There she was comforting him and finding herself bonding with the boy. Motherly instincts were taking over in caring for someone so small with no family. It was natural for this bond to happen between people during these times. While grieving over lost ones, it's natural for people to draw together in times and sort of fill the painful holes of losing someone.

She was singing a lullaby to Peep who was talking asleep in her lap. Tara gives a little smile and hugs the boy kissing his head.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:01 pm 

Mikayla nodded her head to Davy.

"Yeah, I have. A little boy, nicknamed Peep, is looking for you."

She smiled when this young man was obviously someone she and Tara had been looking for. It saddened her to hear that the parents had died but at least the brothers could be together. It was better to have someone, then no one at all.

"I'll be back in a few minutes."

Mikayla told Davy and headed back to where Tara was comforting the sad little boy. She could tell that Tara was quickly getting attached to the boy. Someday Tara would make a good mom, Mikayla thought. She saw Peep sleeping and quietly told Tara.

"I found his brother, he's with Aerius. He's hurt but alive."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:41 pm 

Tara looks then smiles at her relieved, "Oh thank GOD...what about his parents?"

She heard Mikayla explained before sadly smiling at the boy....at least he has someone from his family...

Tara looks to Mikayla, "Tell Aerius to bring him to my truck. I don't want to wake him up right now."

When Mikayla left her, Tara sighs and continues to run her hand through Peep's hair. Minutes later, Aerius and Mikayla helped a limping man to her truck. She looks at him and knew it was Peep's brother. His face looked relieved and Aerius helped him beside Tara.

"Thank you so much for caring for my little brother.", he tells Tara.

"No problem", she says, "We just found him about 40 minutes ago."

Aerius looks at his watch then notices the siren has stopped. He looks to Tara, "Time to move out, Tara. Davy, stay in here with her. We don't have time to transport you and your brother to another vehicle."

He nods and Tara was secretly happy....she didn't want the little boy to go away.

Aerius turns and starts shouting orders to everyone else. Mikayla would probably have said see you later or something to them before closing the door.

Tara looks to Davy and gently gives him the sleeping Peep mindful of his hurt leg, "Here. I need to drive."

Davy takes him gladly and kisses his head.

The group outside packs up and loads all the equipment and made sure everyone and every animal was inside a vehicle. Aerius gets in the main truck with Mikayla and checks Ryan. He had fallen asleep in wait. He then checks the two transfers and eight vans. Once he got the ok, he speaks, "Alright, team, we are heading out of the city to my home town. We have things to pick up there. When we stop, look out for abandoned cars . We can add them to our caravan and transport more animals, people, and supplies."

They give a response then start up. Aerius starts up his truck and the pull out the city finally on the road. The leader of the caravan looks to Mikayla smiling, "I'm proud of you, Mikayla. Helping that little boy and passing out food and water is exactly what the start you needed to start being a leader in your own way."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:56 pm 

"They weren't as lucky."

Mikayla replied sadly to Tara. She wished that Peep's story could have a very good happy ending, that he'd be with both his brother and his parents. Still, at least he'd have Davy. He wouldn't totally alone in the world. Mikayla nodded her head and went to get Aerius to help her bring Davy to his little brother. She helped Aerius bring the young man over and smiled seeing the brothers reunited. It felt good to help make the world a little better for them. Mikayla knew Tara well enough to know she was secretly happy that she didn't have to let Peep go just yet. She told them bye and headed back to the truck. It would be weird to be heading home again. Hopefully their home didn't become what Columbus had. That would be awful to see places of her childhood ruined. She also hoped her mother was safe. Cell phone reception had went to hell once the city began to full to the zombies. She had no way of knowing if her mother was still okay. She just hoped her mother had followed Aerius' advice and stayed put in his old house.

Mikayla was surprised at Aerius said to her.

"Thanks, but it was nothing. I'm just glad Peep isn't alone."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:05 pm 

"Same but you helped him even if it seemed bleak of actually finding someone of his family.", Aerius smiles, "I'm still proud of you."

He then turns on the radio to play her favorite song. The ride wasn't as eventful as stopping in the city. All the passengers got to know each other. Tara and Davy got to talk about what happened to them. Aerius got to be nostalgic with his best friend for years and hopefully shared an actual laugh or two while driving down. They stopped a couple of times to help a passing person or group of people. Luckily not one of them was turning into a monster or was seriously injured. Aerius administered the vaccines and they were back on the road. It was turning to dusk by that time since traveling around five times in a big city took a lot out of the day and it will take about another hour or two to get back to their hometown...

Mikayla's hopefully wish of her hometown looking the same wasn't that realized. They entered the town around 9:00 pm and the town looked eerily deserted. It wasn't as messed up as Columbus but it was more deserted...like everyone packed their things as fast as they can and left....at least the cell service was better here than the destroyed city.

Aerius drove to his old house which was two blocks away from her childhood home. He puts on the signal and says, "Lets get Barbara.

He put Tara in charge of giving out vaccines and orders and led Mikayla through the yard of dead bodies of zombies and people.

Inside for the past two days, Barbara sat in wait for Aerius, Mikayla, and the rest to arrive. The bunker was lively and full of things to do...if was a bleak cellar with blank walls, she would've lost her mind. She felt at ease though everytime that one of Aerius's traps to keep out raiders and zombies made her jump. She was sipping water looking worried about her family and hoping they were still alive when she heard people above her head. They seemed to stop right about the hatch in his childhood bedroom. Barbara got nervous and pulled out the gun she found down there. The cocking sound of the gun was audible and they stopped.

"Barbara, it is us. Mikayla and Aerius."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:55 pm 

Mikayla blushed a little at the praise Aerius gave her. It felt good that he was proud of her. It had seemed bleak to find any of Peep's family but she and Tara had. Mikayla was glad about that, it would saddened her greatly if the little boy had been all alone in the world.

"Thank you."

Mikalya replied, taking the compliment this time. She sang along on the radio to the song. For a little while, she forgot how awful the world was starting to become. Of course, she always remembered it when they stopped to try and help someone. It was becoming a long day. She realized the road to Chicago would take days, if not weeks, at the rate they were going. Before the outbreak, it only took hours to get home from Columbus. Today, though, they had headed out in the early morning and it was now nighttime. While their city wasn't as ruined as the state's capital, it didn't look exactly like home. It looked people had packed up and left in a hurry. Taking only what they could fit in their cars...It was a little creepy, like they had entered a ghost town.

Mikayla nodded her head to Aerius.

"I hope my mom stayed put."

Mikayla followed Aerius, with gun in hand. She recognized some of the dead on the ground. People who worked in stores, a schoolteacher, her parents' next door neighbor. This was so hard and she had to try and steel herself so she didn't cry.

"Mom, are you okay?"

Mikayla called out when they reached the hatch to the bunker where her mother had been hiding out.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:23 pm 

"Mikayla?!", she cries out and instantly rushes up. She instantly embraces them, "I'm glad you two are alright! Where is your father? Where's Aiden and Tara?!"

Aerius looks to Mikayla then says, "Tara and Ryan are fine...Aiden...didn't make it..."

Barbara looks shocked and stunned....then looks to Mikayla, "Honey....I'm so sorry..."

"She's been really strong, Barbara. You should be extremely proud....but we got to go. Mikayla, fill her in on some simple fighting techniques and how to use that pistol in your hands. I'm going to pick up some things in the other room."

He hugs Barbara then her before leaving the room. She then looks at her daughter and asks, "What is he talking about, dear?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:25 pm 

"Mom! Oh thank God."

Mikayla said, tearing up in relief that her mother was okay. Mikayla put the gun in her waistband and happily hugged her mother. She bit her lip when her mother asked about everyone. She exchanged a look with Aerius, grateful that he answered it for her. She looked down when Aerius had to tell Barbara about Aiden.

"I...I know..."

She said sadly and was surprised that Aerius told her mom she was strong. She didn't see herself as strong. She was just trying to help out. She nodded her head but before she could say more, she told her mom.

"You remember all the times Aerius told us how the world would end?"

Mikayla was sure her mom would, Aerius tried to warn people for years about it.

"...He was right. Right about everything."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:04 pm 

"Honey, I can't-"

Mikayla probably interrupted her politely and firmly there and Barbara shakes her head, "I can't believe this..."

She holds her head in her hands then gasps, "Ryan! Where's your father?!"

Mikayla would've told her mother where he was and Barbara ran to him. She is shocked at the outside....a giant caravan of trucks and vans and even some abandoned cars now. The car where being quickly washed and cleaned to rid it of the disease. Aerius came out then gave Mikayla's mother a quick shot.

"Ouch!", she yelped surprised, "What was that?"

"A precaution. Ryan is in our truck.", Aerius tells her and leads her to the main transfer truck. She then sees her hurt husband and instantly gets back there with him.

"Ryan! Ryan, speak to me!"

"Barbs?", he asks sleepily

Aerius smiles then leaves them to go to Tara to get the new reports

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:26 pm 

"I know it's unbelievable but we have to go. It's not safe here."

Mikayla gently told her mother. She didn't want to be rude, she had certainly been taught better then that, but leaving wasn't up for debate. The zombies were spreading, rather quickly. At the rate this was going...The whole state would probably be overtaken soon. When Barbara suddenly remembered her husband, Mikayla took told her that he was safe and showed her where he was in the truck.

Mikayla smiled, seeing her parents reunited. While Tara was talking with Aerius, Allie came over and asked.

"Hey, so do those shots wear off eventually?"

Allie was very curious how they worked, as were other people that they had rescued along the way. She told the people that were traveling with her she'd find out.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:27 am 

Aerius looks towards her and shakes his head, "It shouldn't. They work like every other vaccine....but, to be safe, I'll readminister it in two weeks. I haven't been able to truly test it but others that haven't washed since we got here. We will see if it holds off any of the exposed ones."

He looks at the time and sighs, "We can't drive anymore. I won't have any of us falling asleep at the wheel."

He calls on the radio for everyone that is a night owl. He goes over the procedures of night guarding to the 25 volunteers. Aerius then instructs the whole caravan to get together to make the perimeter smaller to protect. Aerius looks at Tara and Allie, "You two rest. All drivers have too."

"What about you, Aerius?", Tara asks.

"Except me. I have to head this watch. I'll be fine", he smiles at them.

Tara looks apprehensive but nods, "Fine but be careful."

"No problem.", he says and hugs them both before looking to Mikayla if she was there. If not, he goes to the truck to see her.

"Hey, family", he greets

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:14 pm 

Allie nodded her head in understanding. She hoped the vaccines would keep people from becoming those 'things'. Maybe whatever this virus was would die out once everyone had been vaccinated. Of course, a much larger city was needed to make that happen. Tara and Allie both agreed they were tired and it was time to call it a night.

Mikayla stayed with her parents. She and her father tried to explain the best they could about what had happened. Mikayla had to fight back tears as she told them about Aiden. Her mother wrapped her around her shoulders to give her a hug. They looked over at Aerius when he joined them.

"Hey."

Mikayla said and noticed that people were started to get settled for the night.

"We calling it a night?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:47 am 

Aerius nods setting up the truck, "Yea. I don't want anyone falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing."

"That's considerate of you.", Barbara smiles

He nods and the back seat gently folds out to a bed when he presses something. It was big enough for two. The front seats had enough room to lay back in like recliner.

"There, your beds for tonight...it's not like sleeping in an actual bed but-"

"You aren't resting, Aerius?", Ryan asks

"No, I have to head the night watch.", he voices to them

"Won't you be tired?"

Aerius shakes his responding, "No, I'll be fine. I have trained for staying up late. The longest I can go without sleep is 3 weeks. I'll be ok."

He hugs them goodnight. He gets to Mikayla and smiles, "Did awesome today, Cupcake. Get some well deserved rest."

He hugs her and kisses the top of her head like he has done when she did something that made Aerius beyond proud. He leaves to head the guard.

Tara gets to her truck and sees that Davy figured out a way to get the truck set up for sleeping.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:22 pm 

"Not just considerate but also smart, Mom. People need sleep."

Mikayla told her mother. No one could go all day and night in motion. Lack of sleep could be dangerous. Mikayla let her parents sleep in the back seat together and planned to use the front seat for herself. She frowned at Aerius. Just because he trained himself for it, didn't mean it was safe. Everyone needed sleep, even him.

"Thanks."

Mikayla told him when told her she had done awesome. She touched Aerius' arm.

"Don't make a habit of not sleeping, please? You know that the more days you go without sleep, the more dangerous it is for your body. Trust your friends to help out with night watch duty."

Aerius didn't need to take it all on his own but Mikayla had a feeling he felt he needed to.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:37 pm 

"....I'll try, Cupcake. I promised to keep you and my family safe and I barely trust myself out of your sights."

He smiles at her adding, "But I will do so if you think I can't do it any longer. Just keep an eye on my mental ability....night, Mikayla."

With another smile, he leaves but turns and hands her a gun.

"Just in case a raider or a zombie tries to get in.", Aerius says then leaves to patrol.

Tara sleeps in the front seat like Davy as Peep slept on the bed part. The whole caravan settled down...most probably hoping that this is all a dream again.

NEXT DAY: DAY TWO OF THE APOCALYPSE

Aerius and few early birds made breakfast for the group of people. The smell of bacon, pancakes, and other breakfast goods waft through the air. The cooks cooked everything anybody could want for a breakfast. Three of the vans carried the food and cooking equipment. People woke up to see this and Aerius brought plates to Tara and her truck, Allie, and Mikayla and her parents. Tara and her truck gotten grape juice all simultaneously agreeing on it. Allie got apple and water.

Aerius opens the truck carefully holding the tray of food.

"Morning.", he greets cheerfully. Again, not a cheerful time but better than waking up to gloominess all day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next