All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:05 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Mikayla nodded her head listening to Aerius. She wondered if it was possible to bring someone back from being turned. She couldn't forget the look in Aiden's eyes when he was turned. His body was there, but the boy she had loved was gone. It was like looking into a monster's eyes. She reached over and touched Aerius' shoulder.

"If it is possible, I know you'll find it."

She did believe that and handed Aerius her plates. She was done eating. Hopefully the road to Chicago would go okay. Hopefully it would be uneventful, but Mikayla wasn't going to hold her breath for that.

"Thank you."

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:01 am 

Medals: 2
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

He nods and leaves to take care of the dishes.

Davy sighs, "I'm too nervous about this, Tara."

"Look. Aerius is the best bet we have. He has been planning this for years...more than me. True, he isn't perfect and his plans aren't perfect but he can't plan for every single possibility. He is still human. We just have to go with the punches."

Davy looks towards Aerius interacting with the group and making the kids laugh. He looks down and nods, "Yea...ok"

Tara holds his hand, "It'll be ok, Davy. I promise."

He smiles at her, "Thanks"

Aerius finishes laughing before checking the time.

"Ok, crew! Time for rest. All drivers go to sleep. Tomorrow we scavenge for supplies, food, and more survivors. Good night all."

Some either sleep in the vehicle they are traveling in or take the bedding and sleep under the stars. The night crew shifts out and Aerius puts out the fire. Barbara and Ryan get back in the truck after Aerius hugs them and he goes to Mikayla.

"You know the drill.", he smiles and hands her a loaded gun.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:54 pm 

While Aerius went to take of the dishes, Mikayla and Allie talked.

"Do you think once we reach Chicago this will be over?"

Allie asked and Mikayla replied.

"I hope so, but..."

"But?"

Allie asked.

"As fast as these things spread...It only takes one and...I just hope Chicago is still standing."

Every city they had encountered since leaving Columbus had been under attack from the zombies. The disease was spreading so fast, could they really outrun it? Get to Chicago before that city was overtaken too? Mikayla hoped so but she knew she had to be realistic too. She was going to just hope for the best. Allie decided that was a good call too.

When it was time for sleep, Mikayla took her gun. She nodded her head to Aerius.

"I do. You need to get some sleep tomorrow when we hit the road. I'll drive."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 am 

"If you say so", Aerius smiles, "Good night"

He turns and goes on patrol. During the night, he contacts Chicago apocalypse preparers to warn the city as a precaution. Hopefully, they will be able to protect the city until they get there. The night is uneventful and no criminal activity is seen inside the barrier.

NEXT MORNING

Everyone was packing up after breakfast and the injured was getting checked on by Doctor Aerius. Some seemed healed completely but others, like Ryan and Davy, where halfway healed. Their injuries are doing extremely well.

Once everything was said and done, Aerius asks Mikayla, "Want to lead the scavenge in the city or will that still be me?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:33 pm 

"Night."

Mikayla replied with a sigh. She knew Aerius was taking it on himself to protect all of them. The thing was, she wanted to make sure he took care of himself too. She checked on her parents and settled down to go to sleep. Maybe in Chicago she could sleep in a real bed again. That would be nice.

------------------

Mikayla replied to Aerius.

"Do you honestly think I'm ready to go scavenging?"

She knew scavenging was important. They needed to food and supplies on their journey to Chicago. Mikayla just wasn't sure if she was ready for the task yet. Even if she did know what was important stuff for their group to have.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:23 pm 

Aerius nods understandingly, "Alright"

They all get in and drive inside the town. At each stop, the procedure was the same. Everyone stopped, siren turned on, and the stations set up. Mikayla was left in charge of the vehicles while he and the search crew scavenged the area for parts and food and such.

At the vehicles, 80 more people joined and they were able to hotwire 8 more cars. One was actually a charter bus which, sadly, had a school of third graders going on a trip. Tara and Allie investigated cautiously with four other gunners. The scene inside was terrible....

Most of the children were dead...killed by a chaperon on the bus who was sick. It was bloody and horrible as the imagination went wild at the scene of a sick father on the bus gruesomely attacked everyone. The counter was 1 driver, 4 mauled adults, and about 16 third graders....dead. Especially when the bus got overran as well. Tara ran out sick visualizing little Peep as one of the poor kids.

The rest were a bit stronger as they saw a few zombies trying to break a makeshift wall in the back. A gunner named Alexis took them out and childlike screams were heard from behind the wall.

Allie, who was trying to be strong, radioed Mikayla (I'm using her for a bit), "M-Mikayla....we...we have survivors in here."

"And one is badly injured", an adult's voice sounds out

"An...And one is badly injured."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:13 pm 

Mikayla didn't feel confident enough to be in charge of the scavenging. It seemed almost too much responsibility, and she wasn't sure she could handle it yet. She hoped Aerius wasn't too upset with her. She told everyone to stay safe and was left in charge again with the vehicles and the people who were left behind. She felt more confident in doing that right now.

Mikayla watched Allie and Tara leave to search the cars. She hoped her friends would be okay. The world was so scary now, so much different then just a few days ago. She had a radio on her when she heard Allie's voice.

"Okay...I'll be right there."

She replied, wondering how bad the survivors were. She could hear the zombies in the background before they got taken out. Aerius was on a run and she had taken some medical training at school before the world went to hell. She looked over at a man named Devon. He had escaped Columbus with them, even though they hadn't know each other before the outbreak. In the short time he had been in the group, he had proven himself to be a good fighter. She grabbed a bag of medical supplies and said to him.

"Grab a gun and follow me."

Devon nodded his head and went with Mikayla to the bus.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 am 

The zombies were taken care off and the clean up crew (people with stronger emotions and stomachs) were cleaning the van spotless of blood and zombie blood. The bodies were being separated out as Allie and Tara were helping take down the tightly packed wall.

They were through enough that the inhabitants back their could get out. Six third graders (even split of boys and girls), a pregnant mother chaperone, a man teacher, and a young man with a broken arm and a bad scratch on his face.

One of the little girls is African American with dark brown eyes and pretty, onyx hair which was braided into small braids. They have colorful beads at the end of each braid.

"Are you going to help us?", she asks in a scared voice.

Tara nods gently, "We are. Now, please follow us. One of our leaders here can examine the guy in the corner."

"His name is Kevin.", the girl pipes and the able bodied people get out the way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:55 pm 

Mikayla and Devon arrived to see the cleaners at work. Mikayla was starting to get used to the mess killing zombies made and not want to get sick at the sight of it. They both put their guns in the waistbands of their jeans.

"We'll help him."

Mikayla told the girl. She almost said that Kevin would be okay but stopped herself. She had no idea how injured he was. If he had been bit, there would be no hope for him. Mikayla was learning fast to not give people false hope. Either they would be able to treat his wounds or...Either way he'd be helped. Devon followed Mikayla inside the bus.

"Hi, Kevin. I'm Mikayla and this is Devon. We're here to help you."

Mikayla told him, approaching him slowly.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:41 am 

He nods, "Th-Thank you.....it hurts so bad."

"Have you been bit?", Devon asks immediately and he shakes his head.

"N-No....but my arm is broken pretty bad...the bone is threatening to tear through my skin", he whines in pain.

"With the virus airborne, he can have an internal infection.", Devon deduces, "We have to get this settled right away. What should we do?"

At the camp, Tara and Allie were getting the newcomers settled in. Tara administers the vaccines to all and Peep gives them candy to make them feel better. As they get through the people, Peep smiles, "Look, Tara, more kids to play with! I hope we find their mommies and daddies! I hope they're luckier than I was with their families."

He smiles at her then pops a sucker in his mouth and gave her one.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:44 pm 

"I'm sure it does. Devon and I will do everything we can to help you."

Mikayla told the man and Devon nodded his head. Devon set the medical bag down and reached in to get supplies. Mikayla was relieved that the man said he wasn't bit. At least they wouldn't have to stab him in the head with a knife before he turned. She had seen others do that and she wasn't sure she'd be able to do. It would feel like murder, even if the person would become a zombie.

"Let's give him the vaccine, some painkillers, and set the arm."

Mikayla replied at the question. She apologized for the sting of the needle of first the vaccine and then the painkiller in the man's good arm. She tried to be as gentle as possible, but she'd have to set his arm before she could wrap it in a cast. Hopefully he'd feel more uncomfortable then being in pain once the pain killer kicked in.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:48 pm 

Kevin winces at the pinch and gladly took the pain killers. They soon kicked in and he dozes off...

Devon looks to Mikayla nodding and gets to work on his arm. Devon sets it back into place and waits for Mikayla to wrap it and cast it.

Tara takes it happily and sucks on it. Aerius returns with the others and supplies. They take it to inventory so they can see what they now have. He also checks on his patients. Ryan's gashes are doing well....still need eleven more days before considering to remove the stitches. Davy's leg still critical but he is used to the cast.

Aerius walks around happy knowing that these people are making an amazing community. He notices the new vehicles and people and makes a mental note of introducing himself soon. He spots Tara and goes to her.

"Hey, have you seen Mikayla?"

"She's helping someone out. We found a transfer bus...it wasn't pretty but there were survivors.", she explains.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:07 pm 

Mikayla felt bad causing Kevin some pain. Of course, he would have been in a lot more pain if not for the pain killers. They were strong and went to work fast. Which was good, resetting a broken arm was not easy work and Mikayla was grateful Devon's help.

"Let's get him into a van."

Mikayla told Devon, who helped her get the man up. Since she had not know how badly Kevin was injured, they had brought a stretcher with them. A good idea, since the man was sleeping and it would more complicated to move without it. They gently placed him on the stretcher and started to wheel him back to where the injured were kept. Kevin seemed to the worst of the injured, but Mikayla made sure to check on the other people in the bus too. Some needed some stitches and a bandage here and there.

Mikayla saw Aerius and asked.

"Everything went okay for you?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:54 pm 

Aerius nods, "Yes. The place isn't picked clean so we resupplied ten-fold."

He tells her to follow as he goes and washes his body off, clothes and all.

"I found more ingredients for the vaccine. I could make some more tonight if allowed.", he says drying off and putting back on his glasses.

"Not too many zombies around yet so most ran away which is good and selfish.", Aerius comments looking at some of the patients.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:35 pm 

"That's good."

Mikalya replied to Aerius, they could always use more stuff. Especially since they were taking on more and more survivors. She was sure the closer they got to Chicago, the less supplies they would find.

"Do you think we'll have enough vaccines to get to Chicago?"

She asked. The vaccines were keeping people from getting infected, but they were constantly finding more and more people along the way. Eventually the demand would surely outweigh the supply. She nodded her head that it was good that there were few zombies. Although he had a point some people were selfish. Leaving others to die.

"Stuff like this brings out people's real personalities."

Mikayla commented. Some people only thought about themselves, while others try to help each other.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 pm 

"I'll make sure we're have enough supplies for the rest of the journey to Chicago. Don't worry about that.", he says then looks at the time.

"We can get on the road now.....but we can wait...", Aerius looks up at his best friend, "What do you think we should do, Mikayla? Stay and wait or hurry on to Chicago?"

Aerius thought both ideas were great so this is when a second opinion is needed.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:07 pm 

"All right, I won't."

Mikayla replied to Aerius when he said he had enough supplies for the rest of the trip. She always worried a little about things. Although as she had gotten older, she tried to remind herself she couldn't control everything.

Mikayla thought a moment at his question. Then she replied.

"I think we should move on to Chicago. Help people on the way, but until we get there, we won't be able to help lots of people with your vaccines."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:18 pm 

"Agreed...alright.", Aerius nods and shouts, "Alright! Load up, everyone! Time to keep moving."

The team starts loading up the camp. Tara walks over to her, "How are you doing?...I know we just spoke but I was wondering about how you were holding up..."

Aerius tendd the the injured before loading them up in their designated van.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:04 pm 

Mikayla was glad that Aerius agreed with her. She wanted to help people, but she also wanted to make sure they got to Chicago. She felt there they would be able to help even more people. Mikayla helped pack up the camp. It was a little weird how this was becoming second nature to her. She looked over to Tara and replied.

"I'm okay...All this, though..."

She was thinking about the deaths they had seen on the road and all the injured they had found.

"It's a lot to take in. And I miss Aiden."

She did miss Aiden. She was trying to stay positive but she missed him a lot.

"How are you holding up?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:01 am 

"Good. I miss him to.......", Tara looks down thinking of her cousin.
"But Having Peep and Davy with me gives me a boost in wanting to survive....especially Peep.", she gives a chuckle helping her, "It gives me hope."

As they talk, Aerius goes to Allie and asks, "Hey, you know that new guy, Kevin? Do you think you can let him ride in your cab? It seems he has a claustrophobia problem around a lot of people."

Hopefully, she say yes and he gets in her cab but, if she says no, Kevin is put somewhere with less people.

With everything loaded up, Aerius gets in the first truck and leads the caravan out the city.

For the next week or so, the team rode through to Chicago. They saw towns that weren't hit yet but heard the news. They were the towns preparing and they went through towns ravaged by zombies. Through good times and bad, Mikayla didn't have to face it alone. Aerius led, her friends are by her side, and her parents are supportive. Her father is healing nicely. A great thing is that Tara and Davy seem to be hitting it off very well. One could say they might be near couple stage.

One night, Aerius is looking over a map eating. It was around Chicago and he was waiting on the scouts to see how the city was doing before sending in the rest of the caravan to set up shop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next