All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:16 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"We promised to keep each other safe. If you look like you're about to pass out, I'll tranquilize you."

Mikayla warned Aerius with a smile and meant it. While she had no doubt that while she was busy worrying about classes and dating, he had been training himself physically and mentally for this. She also knew him and knew that sometimes he needed someone else to look out for him. Going too long without sleep wasn't good for your body or your mind. She'd make sure he didn't make a habit of doing it too much. She took the gun and told him.

"I got it, be careful."

Mikayla slept with the gun in her hand. Something she hoped she never got used to.

Day Two

People seemed that they slept as best as they could, given the circumstances. Offering people pancakes and bacon, though, cheered the spirits a little. Mikayla took a plate and said.

"Good morning. Where are we heading towards today?"

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:58 am 

Medals: 2
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

"We'll be heading through Indiana and going to Indianapolis. See how far this has spread and save more people if need be.", Aerius answers as he gave them their choice of drink.

Tara wakes to see Peep cuddled to her and Davy holding breakfast for them.

He smiles, "Good morning. Aerius brought us breakfast."

Aerius looks at his watch then to the group of people.

"We'll probably head out around 10 or so. Give more people time to come and wake up."

He breathes in and smiles, "And troubles last night?"

Mikayla's parents shake their heads.

"Nope, it was peaceful and actually comfortable.", Ryan comments

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:21 pm 

Mikayla nodded her head to Aerius.

"Will there be more vans joining our convoy too?"

She asked, although she had a feeling she knew the answer. It surprised her how many people had joined them. Although it was a good thing. That meant more people could be saved. However, it was also sad...Just from traveling from Columbus to their hometown, she had seen how many lives were lost. The road to Chicago would probably be filled with more of the same destruction. She smiled seeing Tara with Davy and her brother. Allie elbowed her and whispered.

"Just think, all it took was an apocalypse for her to find some one."

Mikayla nodded her head with a smile. It was good, she wanted her friend to be happy. Everyone seemed to agree that ten was a good time to head out.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:30 pm 

Only five people joined the rest of the 358 people of the convoy. Ten o'clock rolled around and everyone was packing up....or were when a gang of raiders show up. They show up as people wanting to be saved but instantly turn on the not even five minutes later. They grab hostages and one was Mikayla. They get near the head truck and Aerius is seeing red now.

"How dare you!", he snarls producing his machete....his glasses are discarding, sleeves rolled up, and top three buttons are unbuttoned. His eyes seemed to darken and, some girls won't lie, he looked like sexy, deadly bad boy.

The leader of the raiders comes up to Aerius confidently. Aerius watches him before letting him punch him in the stomach. He goes to punch him down but Aerius grabs his fist and breaks it.

"AAAHHH!! SHOOT-!!", the raider shouts but was cut off by a machete in his gut. No one shot anyone because Aerius had a gun raised which shot the person holding Mikayla.

"Let.....them....go....", he snarls. The raider leader looks at Aerius sneering before going pale and afraid....something in this guy's eyes and face made him order them to let the hostages go. Aerius then shot the guy in the head and kicks him off his machete. He wipes off the blood from his blade....and looks up.

"You...biker gang...follow us. Leave the convoy and you will die...by zombies or starvation or thirst or sickness.....or, if you try this again, by me. Never touch anyone in this party out of spite, lust, or anything else...or feel my wrath....noe...lets move out.", Aerius orders and heads to the main van.

Tara, who looks a little afraid, hand Mikayla his glasses.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:53 pm 

Mikayla was helping Allie pack up their temporary camp when the raiders appeared. They briefly acted like they were people needing help. From the stops yesterday, Mikayla was starting get more comfortable talking to people and seeing how to help them.

"Hi, I'm Mikayla. How can-"

Mikayla was trying to be friendly but then the one man grabbed her.

"Hey! Let me go!"

She yelled at him, trying to kick at him. He had his arms wrapped around her arms and chest and the girl struggled against him. One of the other raiders tried to grab Allie, but she kicked him below the belt and ran. She had been in track all through high school and was able to out run the man, who was out of shape.

"Aerius!"

She yelled and went to grab a weapon. Many of the people were afraid. Most were peaceful people but times like this also brought out the worse in people. Some people decide to grab make shift weapons. They had been getting used to fighting zombies already but now it was hitting them that they also had to be afraid of humans too. They waited to see what Aerius, the young man that was their leader, decided to do.

The man holding Mikayla let her go when his leader ordered them to let the hostages go. Mikayla kicked him in the shin for grabbing her and everyone, survivor and raider, were shocked that Aerius killed the leader. The raiders nodded their heads and Mikayla quietly took the glasses. She ran after Aerius.

"Are you okay?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:43 am 

"Fine", he says in a low voice. Aerius takes his glasses gently and watches everyone finish packing up.

He gets in the driver's seat and had everyone called in. Once that was done, the convoy head out with a newfound respect and fear for their young leader. Aerius drove quietly watching the road. One hand on the wheel and another supporting his head on the window.

Mikayla and her parents never seen this side of Aerius. He was always calm, fun, happy, and never violent. Usually, he would've talked them down but something they did made him snap and go full on death boy. It was slightly tense and her mother whispered to Mikayla, "Talk to him, dear. Cheer him up."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:13 pm 

Mikayla was speechless at Aerius' reply. She had never seen him like this before. It was so not like him and she wasn't sure what to say or do. She quietly got into the truck, unsure what to say. So, at first, she said nothing. When her mother told her to talk to him, Mikayla sighed in her mind. 'And say what?' she thought. She had no idea what she was supposed to say.

"Aerius...Thank you for what you did."

Who knows what the raiders would have done to her or the other hostages if he hadn't stepped in. She was thankful for that.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:53 pm 

Aerius nods, "It's my job...I couldn't let them hurt those people....or you."

He growled the last word gripping the steering wheel. He was tense watching the road. Whatever Mikayla does next relaxes him and makes him smiles a small smile. It became less tense as they drove....he even started cracking jokes once again.

An hour later, the convoy pulls into a town that was in mass chaos. The outbreak just got there and Aerius was assessing the situation. The denizens of the town needed help fast but, with all the chaos going on, it be impossible to help people with the all the vehicles.

Allie radios, "What do we do, Aerius?!"

Aerius thinks before picking it up, "I need the bikers up front."

He turns to Mikayla, "You are in charge."

She is probably put in a state of shock and panic and says something. Aerius replies, "I need you to be. I'm going in there to rescue as many people as I can. You have to stay here and be my eyes and ears. Comfort the people and watch out for zombies. Have Tara and Allie help but you have to be in charge....I trust you the most."

Aerius then takes her hand and kisses it, "If I don't come back, lead them forward to Chicago and heal the world. Also, look in the dashboard in a secret compartment but that's if I don't come back."

Sensing he might have caused a rise in her panic, he gives a goofy smile, "I mean of course I will but you never know. See you soon, Cupcake. You can do this."

Another kiss on her hand, a hug to Barbara and Ryan, he hops out and gets on a motorcycle. He then leads the group plus an emptied van into the city.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:36 pm 

Mikayla knew it was his job, but she was still thankful for it. So many people, herself included, weren't prepared for this. They had not known what to do. Without Aerius, what happened with the raiders could have been a lot worse. Mikayla reached over and squeezed his forearm.

"I know."

She replied, sometimes the best thing to do when someone was angry, was to just give them quiet support. The next town, near the Ohio/Indiana border was a scene of mass chaos. The zombies were spreading and fast. It felt like they were barely keeping ahead of them. At this rate, who knew what Chicago would look like.

"Wait, me?"

Mikayla replied to Aerius in shock. She was just figuring out what her role should be in this new scary world. Helping survivors was one thing, being a leader? She felt severely unprepared for that.

"I...Okay."

She said with a nod when explained his reason why he wanted her in charge. She didn't like the idea of him never coming back. She had already lost Aiden, she couldn't lose him too.

"...Be careful."

Mikayla replied, looking at the glove box. Almost tempted to open it, but she resisted the urge. He would come back, he had to. She gave him a hug bye and checked her gun to make sure it was fully loaded. She contacted Tara and Allie to come up with a plan to protect the group while they waited for Aerius and the others to return.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:13 am 

Tara thinks then says, "The block from last night. Lets have everyone go into the block and have gunners on guard."

"If you are with this, Mikayla,", Allie voices, "We gotta move fast. I can hear them on the way!"

If Mikayla decided to go with it or not, the group does as she says and protect the convoy. Tara makes sure Peep and Davy was locked up safely. Everyone waits until a lookout shots, "Zombies! Bunch of them!"

Ryan and Barbara watches afraid. Tara looks to Mikayla, "Orders, please!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:14 pm 

Mikayla was glad that Tara was with her. While Mikayla had been worried about Algebra grades, Tara had been preparing for this. It was hard to for Mikayla to get into this mindset. Just a few days ago she was excited about seeing Aiden play in his first football game for the season. Now, Aiden was gone and people expected her to be a leader. She didn't feel ready for this but she knew she had to be one. People were counting on her.

"Yeah, let's do that."

She said to Mikayla and Allie. Their priority should be to protect people until Aerius returned. Mikayla looked over at Tara.

"We have to protect the convoy. Kill the zombies."

She ordered and took out her gun and started to shoot at the zombies. Remembering to aim for the head.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:42 pm 

They nod and aim. Zombie close in and everyone opens fire....zombie were falling left and right. Tara and Allie stood by her side and makes sure to cover the other as they reload. Some zombies were running since they weren't decaying zombies so the melee team got to see some action as well. In the first truck, Ryan turned on the siren that slowed the zombies...it was messing with their hearing and brains. It hurt them so bad and less bullets were wasted.

This lasted ten minutes before the team heard revving of the bikes and van. Zombies were ran down by the van while the bikers went to work of the remaining zombies.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:21 pm 

Mikayla felt like she was in the middle of a war. Gunshots and blood were flying every where. Then there were the sirens...It was so loud, which was good. It harmed the zombies. Mikayla realized when it was over, that this was almost feeling second nature to her. Killing zombies that had once been people. It was easier here, she didn't recognize the former people they were taking down. Still, she hoped she never got used to it.

Mikayla motioned for everyone to move back when the bikers returned. She wondered Aerius was at.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:08 pm 

Everyone moved back and made room for the approaching vehicles. They received applause from the caravan and the females cane over to help the newcomers. The bikers got their bikes out of the way...Aerius wasn't among them, however. This sent worries probably not just Mikayla but the whole group.....Where was their leader?!

Before anyone could panic, a lone rev sounded and zoomed through the fire. Aerius appeared with two children riding with him. They held onto him and each other for dear life as he rode. The young man would've loved to ride carefully but, as the group could hear, they were being chased. Aerius screeched to a halt and a random gay couple ran to their children hugging them.

Aerius turns to face the zombies and the battle starts up again with Aerius by Mikayla's side. It didn't last as long as the last time but it was still unsettling. Once it was over, he ordered the vehicles to be put in an open square and set up everything within the walls of the automobiles. He, Mikayla, Allie, and Tara jump in the transfers and maneuver them the best they could to make a barrier for the passengers. After that was settled, they start setting up the medical station, kitchen and serving table, and wash station. Aerius speaks to some of the van hauling only clothes and food telling them about the city and they will be scavenging once the chaos dies down. They leave him and he works on his newest patients. There was one fatality due to them being pierced in the chest....a father died protecting his wife, two preteens, and one child from zombies. A ceremonial burning is held for him and any other fallen, zombie and human alike.

By 8:16 pm, everything has died down enough to where Aerius was able to approach Mikayla smiling at her.

"I heard you did well today.", Aerius smiles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:50 pm 

Mikayla was relieved to see Aerius coming with the two children. Before anyone could ask what happened, everyone realized they were more zombies.

"Same as before!"

She yelled to the people near here, reloading her gun. One battle had ended but another quickly began. This time, though, it didn't last as long. More blood and guts were spilled. Mikayla hoped the children didn't look too much. Mikayla cleaned up and attended the small ceremony they held for the man who lost his life protecting his family.

"Thanks, I tried my best."

Mikayla replied to Aerius. It had been a long day. She realized there would be lots of long days ahead of them until they reached Chicago.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:05 pm 

"I know which is why I picked you as the leader. You truly have a knack for this, Mikayla.", Aerius smiles proudly at her. He gives her a should hug before getting in the truck and starts being a DJ. The truck went under a small transformation producing speakers. He puts in one of Mikayla's favorite CD and plays it for all to hear....and he plays the siren. Barbara got Ryan up for some exercise now that the wound is doing better and they mingled.

The sky starts to darken and someone lit a good sized campfire in the middle....a small community. It was happy and peaceful in the sanctuary. Besides Aerius, maybe Mikayla, and the look outs, they all forgot their was a zombie apocalypse outside the vehicles protecting them. The only thing that brings them out of it is the occasional gunshot of someone killing an undead thing.

Aerius walks back to her after a quick check in of everyone with a plate of food. It was taco night.

"Here, I fixed it the best way I think you might like.", he says and gives her a drink. He sits on the ground and eats.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:32 pm 

"So you say."

Mikayla replied, she wasn't confident in her leadership abilities. Although it did make her feel good that Aerius believed in her. Sometimes people need others to help them believe in themselves. She returned his hug and smiled when he played her favorite CD. She knew all the words to the all the songs. She was sure she had drove her parents nuts listening to it over and over again.

They were building a little community already. It was good, there was safety in numbers. Plus, having all the people together made it feel like there wasn't a whole bunch of zombies near by that wanted to eat them. It was like everyone was camping.

"Thanks."

Mikayla replied when Aerius brought her a plate of food and a drink.

"What happens when we get to Chicago?"

She asked as she began to eat.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:32 am 

He takes a sip of his drink and says, "We find the lab that mass produces vaccines and medicine. Hopefully, Chicago will be in the state unplagued by the outbreak. I'm hopefully that we can get it out fast enough before it goes world wide....with people fleeing the country and carrying a disease they don't know they have yet is very time crunching..."

He takes a bite of his taco, chews, then swallows before continuing, "With the worry of the rest of us turning into those things out the way, I can focus on the cure for those that are zombified....maybe I could bring them back if the soul is still within the body."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:45 pm 

"Hopefully we get there in time."

Mikayla agreed with Aerius about Chicago. She hoped that the outbreak hadn't spread that far. Although at the rate they were going, she felt like the zombies were almost following them out west. She frowned a little he brought up how far it could spread. So far it seemed to be contained here but all it took was one person.

"Do you really think you can change them back?"

She asked in surprise. She knew people like Brock and Aiden were gone, they had been killed as zombies. But maybe they could save others from that same fate.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:21 pm 

"Yes...I do with time. Once the vaccine prevents others from turning, I cam turn the others back....though if I see if it is just an empty shell of a human after they are returned...then I won't try to turn back the others."

He sighs sadly, "I know for a fact I can bring back a human physically but I can't bring them back mentally, emotionally, or anything that makes them them."

Aerius looks at the camp and another silenced gun goes off. All the night guns had silencers so as not to attract anymore zombies and disturb the rest. Aerius finishes his food and takes another sip of his drink. He looks at Mikayla and asks, "Are you done? I'll take your dishes if you are. "

Tara sat with Peep and his brother. Peep was roasting marshmallows with the other kids and he sighs.

"What's wrong?", she asks

"Nothing..."

"Davy."

"....I'm nervous...."

"About?"

"...this security Aerius cooked up....what if it is flawed? What if they get in and slaughter us....slaughter Peep."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next