All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:47 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Mikayla nodded her head sadly to Tara. Of course she missed Aiden, he was her cousin. Tara was the reason she had met Aiden. Sometimes it was easy in grief to forget other people were grieving too. She gave her friend a hug and smiled.

"I'm glad."

She could tell Tara really like Peep and Davy. Maybe she liked Davy as more then her friend. Before this all happened, she would have teased Tara about it. Things were different now, now she was just happy that Tara had people who gave her a boost. People that made her feel that things were still worth fighting for.

Allie nodded her head to Aerius.

"Yeah, that's not a problem."

She helped Kevin into the cab as other got loaded up.

---------------------

On to the next city on the way to Chicago. Each time was almost like the last. Making a camp to rest, killing zombies, and trying to help survivors. Some towns were totally destroyed, while others were still standing. For those towns, the group tried to help them. Give them tips about surviving. Offering to take people with them to Chicago.

Each mile that got them closer to Chicago, Mikayla felt more confident, stronger. She still missed Aiden a lot, but her grief didn't consume her as much. When she wanted to hide in a corner and cry, she remembered that people were depending on her. Then they finally reached it, Chicago. That had been their goal since they had left Columbus. She wondered what state the place was in. She walked over to Aerius and asked.

"Do you think this place is still somewhat safe?"

Mikayla hoped so. If Chicago was destroyed....That would be so terrible. They would have traveled all this way for nothing.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:03 pm 

Medals: 2
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Aerius looked up, "I sent a group to scope out the city. I'm waiting for them to return. I'm hoping we made it just in time."

As soon as he spoke, his radio buzzed, "Doc A, come in, Doc A."

Aerius picks up, "Go, Terry."

"Chicago is all clear for set up. It is deserted but we don't know why but it seems OK."

"Good, we are coming in.", he hangs up and smiles to Mikayla, "It seems hopeful. We don't know about nighttime so security needs to be beefed up until we get a barricade up."

He pulls out blueprints to a retractable wall barrier made of electrifyed steel, "Here, this is what I plan on building first for the civilization. It will go around the medical facility."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:47 pm 

Mikayla nodded her head to Aerius.

"I hope we did too."

She replied to him. She hoped they had got to Chicago before the zombies had spread too far north. It was a large city, it could either be safe or it could have fallen. She frowned when she heard what Terry had to say.

"Why do you think they abandoned it?"

It made her nervous to think that one of the largest cities in the country was deserted. Of course, it was good that apparently there weren't any zombies roaming around either.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:15 pm 

"I could make many guesses but I'll give you the one that seems the safest to tell.", Aerius explains, "They ran. They got the hint zombies were coming and they fled for their lives. Hopefully, that's the reason....but that is our destination and we don't have time to find another medical facility. We need to get going."

He stands up and helps Mikayla up, "Round up everyone. I will go ahead to help the team set up defenses. You can drive our truck."

Aerius gives her a walkie talkie from his bag, "Call me if you have trouble."

He smiles and offers her a hug. Hopefully she accepts and itnlasts a good minute. If not, he sighs dropping his arms and leaves. Aerius takes his motorcycle after grabbing a few supplies and leads the trucks with building material into Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:44 pm 

Mikayla nodded her head to Aerius.

"I guess that does make sense. But you're right, we do need to move."

She hoped her friend was right, that the people ran in fear of their lives. Hopefully the medical facility was okay and they could still use it. She took the walkie and agreed that she'd call the rest of the group.

"I will. You be careful."

Mikayla replied to Aerius, giving him a hug. He was a dear friend to her. She was tired of losing people on this trip and hoped he'd be okay. She watched him get on the motorcycle and went to gather the people and get inside the city.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:59 am 

Aerius smiles into her hug then left. The building team didn't waste any time securing a large perimeter of area to start building the wall as quickly as possible. It was in the biggest park where an army set up was. The base was abandoned when they got there. For now, they had a simple barbed, electric fence to keep out the zombies.

Aerius oversaw the building of the wall. The rest of the caravan will be showing up in about two hours at the least. The radio stayed on as he listened for any sign of danger. The medical facility would then be scooped out next once he felt like the current caravan was settled.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:20 pm 

Mikayla watched Aerius leave and then headed back to her group. Everyone had a job to do. That's what made this whole thing work. She did truly hope her friend would be careful. She didn't want to lose more people.

"Everyone, get into the trucks. We're heading for that medical facility."

Mikayla said, pointing out their destination. Hopefully it wasn't overran with zombies. Aerius had been right, there was no other place for them to go. She hoped it was still usable. It would be awful to travel all this way to find nothing at all.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:27 am 

The group followed orders with no problem. By this time, her father is ok. He is no longer limping or in incredible pain. Her mother still limited what he could do but Ryan couldn't stay down. He had to something so he was in charge of telling stories to the younger kids. They all seemed to like him very much and his jokes. He was partnered with this other woman who, unfortunately, had to get her arm amputated and replaced with a robotic prosthetic. They told stories together like they were doing it all their lives. Luckily for his family, Ryan was a loyal as a wolf tamed by a human and the woman named Rachyl was lesbian.

Barbera took to helping cook and distribute food along with helping Mikayla.

Once the group was ready and loaded, Tara buzzed in, "My counter said my truck is accounted for."

The other drivers buzzed in with the same thing saying everything and everyone was accounted for.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:52 pm 

Mikayla wasn't too concerned about the group following orders. Everyone was working pretty well together and getting the routine down. Even the newer people they had found closer to Chicago. Mikayla was still worried about her dad, like her mom was, but she knew him. He wasn't one to stay down too long. Rachyl seemed like a nice woman and her mom had no reason to get jealous either. She was becoming a good friend to Ryan and to Mikayla too.

Mikayla helped her mom pass out the food and was happy to get reports that everyone was accounted for and checking in.

"Hopefully Aerius will check in soon."

Mikayla commented to her mother. She was worried about her friend.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:59 am 

She pats her hand smiling, "He'll be ok, dear. Nothing can get that boy down now."

Luckily for Mikayla, she didn't have to wonder on it too much longer. Aerius buzzes in, "Defenses are prepared, Cupcake. Bring them in. Set up immediate defenses though. It's getting a bit late and we still didn't see any zombies. When you get here, I'll head to the medical distribution plant."

When she buzzes back, Aerius follows up, "That's good. I'll see you when you get here. Be safe, Mikay."

It sounded a bit more sincere than normal and her mother oooos, "Sounds like someone likes you, Mikayla."

Barbara smiles at her daughter warmly, "I always wondered why you two never made it official."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8