All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:25 pm 

Medals: 1
Completed RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Cameron Mackenzie squinted in the dawn sunlight for a moment before bringing up his binoculars to scan the horizon. The chestnut-colored stallion under him complained with a snorting sound before bobbing his head for attention. Mack patted he horse's flaxen mane for a moment to reassure him. Bronzey, which was the horse's name, wasn’t happy – he really wanted to keep going. Although he had only bought the horse a week ago, Cam was already getting a feel for the creature. The part-Arabian loved to canter in the morning.

“No running today, my friend,” Cam said simply in response as he lowered his binoculars. “We’ve found what we’ve been looking for.”

Cameron, who also went by the nickname ‘Mack’, slid out of the saddle and took off his leather jacket. The late spring mornings were growing warmer in the high plains. Looking at the sun, he guessed noontime today would actually be fairly hot. He scratched the weeks’ worth of stubble on his face and decided on his next move.

He led the horse to a grove of trees that sat alongside a small river not far from an old paved road. There he tied up the creature with enough slack to reach the water, shade and grass for grazing. He removed the saddle and his gear from Bronzey before heading down to the stream to shave and wash up. With that out of the way Cam felt much more human again. As he dried his face he made final preparations for what was to come.

Refreshed, Cam then dug a handful of short roofing nails that were spray-painted black from one of his saddlebags. He carefully placed the small metal objects on their backs across the entire width of the nearby roadway, creating a nearly invisible barrier that would most likely shred the tires of any passing vehicle. After looking over his handiwork one last time he hid his footprints with a leafy branch before retreating into the grove. He took cover just in time as the sound of a single vehicle could be heard in the distance.

After that there was nothing left to do but wait.

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47942

Last edited by TinMan on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:10 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Mare was driving her larger than life truck loaded with her equipment and armed to the T with guns of all sizes and power. She was speeding through the desert, her hair blowing in the wind and her steampunk glasses covering her bright green eyes from the flying dust. She was enjoying herself for once in her life when suddenly she started to lose control of her vehicle. Afraid that she was going to possibly flip it, she braked and stopped the truck.

Aggravated as hell, Mare jumped out of her truck and slammed the door. She walked to her tires and saw that they had been shredded to pieces.
"What the hell...?" Mare asked herself softly. She lifted her goggles and looked around confused. She bit her lip softly and rubbed her chin before sighing angrily and rooting through her truck for anything to fix it with. When she found nothing she decided that she somehow had to make it back to the Rogue Quarters to get new tires.

With a groan and heavily annoyed sigh, Mare grabbed her bag full of supplies and started the long hike back to the Rogue Quarters, her goggles covering her unmistakeable green eyes. She wore long leather pants with knee high lace up boots, her shirt was just a vest that buttoned up. Her tattoos were showing on her arms but not on the rest of her body. Her tattoos stretched from her neck all the way down to her ankles, it was meant to be a petty sign of her tampering her "blessed body" which was said by her parents.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:10 pm 

Completed RP (1)

Cam watched as the woman he was sent to retrieve, Mare Barrow, jumped down from her wheeled death wagon. She was understandably furious. Curiously she didn’t appear to call anyone on her radio, if she had one. Even more strangely she seemed to be alone. He smiled as he realized these would make his job a lot easier.

Eventually she shouldered a bag of gear and headed on foot back the way she’d come. He watched her long blond hair whip in the dry air as she walked. It didn’t appear she carried a rifle or a sidearm – another plus. She might have one in the bag, but at least that would take time to retrieve it.

He took his time saddling Bronzey knowing that he had plenty of it. Her base of operations was a two day hike from that spot. Crossing her path quickly would be a little too suspicious, and by noontime she might be more receptive to a friendly offer of help.

High noon was oppressive on the dusty highway. Bronzey, being part Arabian, was holding up well in the heat. Cam decided to ride up to Mare in an open spot where there was nowhere to hide, forcing her to talk to him. He did so with his right hand in the air and open – showing that he was unarmed; his left hand holding only the reigns. He made it a point to smile unthreateningly as he approached.

“Hello there,” he said in a friendly tone as he trotted closer. “Don’t worry, I don’t mean you any harm. Are you alright? Do you need any help, water or anything?”

He slid down and retrieved a canteen from his saddlebag. “You look a little lost,” he added in a tone of genuine concern. As it was his first time in her presence, he couldn’t help notice her perfect hourglass figure. While she wasn’t overly tall, she was proportioned well enough to be a model. Or a movie star – if they were still making movies.

“Name’s Cam. Cam Mackenzie. ‘Mack’ is fine if you like,” he added with another smile, squinting in the bright sunlight.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:23 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare spun around at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. She could see perfectly with her goggles on so she refused to take them off. She tilted her head slightly, her hair falling to the side as she did so.

"I'm not lost... I know where I'm going. And I don't need any help thank you." Mare said snidely at his concern for her. She watched as he reached for the canteen and tried to deduce if he was an actual threat to her or not. She decided that for now he didn't seem like he was going to be of harm to her, but she was going to cautious around him anyway. She was a wanted Princess after all.

"I'm Mare... Nice to meet you Cam..." Mare adjusted her duffel bag strap over her shoulder and shifted her weight from one side to the other. She noticed the horse and carefully approached it with her hand open, she thought for a second and pulled out an apple and offered it to the beautiful horse.

"So why are you all the way out here, it's dangerous to a non rogue..." She looked up at him with curious eyes. It was odd for a man out here to be alone.

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:49 am 

Completed RP (1)

As soon as Mare reached into her bag Bronzey began hungrily sniffing around at what might be inside. When the apple came out his eyes grew a bit wider and the horse leaned in expectantly. It was at that moment that Cam decided to intervene. With his lightning reflexes Cam reached out and grabbed Mare’s hand with his while pulling back firmly on Bronzey’s harness. Bronzey neighed loudly in protest but was unable to lurch forward.

“I’m sorry,” Cam apologized for taking her hand without permission. “It looked like you might have been handing him the apple fingers first. He’d never hurt you on purpose – but accidents do happen. The best way to feed him is with your fingers together and palm all the way open,” he added. He gently let go of Mare’s hand and opened his palm to demonstrate. “I’ve been bit before. It’s not fun,” he added with a knowing smile. Later Cam would think back on the moment oddly. There was a kind almost… electricity to the touch.

This close to her he could make out the bodysuit of ink that ran from her neck to her wrists. The impressive art explained that she was indeed a member of the Rouge gang. “I don’t mean to intrude on Rogue territory, I’m just passing through,” he explained as diplomatically as he could. “To answer your question, I’m a guide. If I didn’t make my way through this gang’s territory or that werewolf’s territory I’d be out of a job,” he added, doing his best to turn on the charm. He knew that his job would be a lot easier if she trusted him, or perhaps even didn’t mind being in his company.

Bronzey finished munching on the apple and began sniffing around at Mare’s duffel bag for more, jostling her slightly.

“Sorry about that,” Cam apologized, reigning in his horse again. Bronzey gave him a disapproving glare out of one eye and snorted.

“Listen, we could talk here for a while, but it’s really hot. This horse needs some water, and you look like you need a ride. I could rearrange my gear and make room for a second seat up here. You’re so slight that Bronzey here wouldn’t even notice you. Interested?” He asked with a friendly expression. “You’re not going to find a better guide out here, I can tell you that. And I take payment in gold, silver, or dried food – so I’m flexible.”

Whether he was on her territory or not, a wilderness guide needed still needed to get by.

“What do you say?”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:01 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

When Cam touched her, Mare almost freaked out. She knew that her power would've given him the slightest of shocks to the touch and with a power like that, anyone would know that she was the runaway Princess. She calmed her anger before giving Bronzey a soft stroke to his muzzle so she wouldn't shock him as well, she was rude but she did have a heart, and shocking a beautiful and innocent creature such as this horse would be awful to her.

Mare listened to what Cam had to say as she continued to stroke Bronzey. A moment of silence passed by as she thought it over. He was right, she could use the ride, walking to the Rogue Quarters would take days.

With a sigh and a nod of her head, she looked up at him. "Ya fine..." She muttered as she dropped her hand from Bronzey's muzzle.

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:50 pm 

Completed RP (1)

Cam simply nodded in response and went about reorganizing Bronzey’s load. To start he took his sleeping bag and fashioned it into a makeshift seat right behind the saddle.

“The saddle is oversized and just about big enough for two people – but we don’t know each other well enough,” he joked, referring to how close together they would have to sit if they shared the Western-style saddle. “Instead this folded up pack should be comfortable to sit on, and you can hang onto the back of the saddle if you like.”

He then went on to strap down her bag together with the rest of his gear. Bronzey looked on with an uninterested expression until he offered Mare the stirrup and a hand. At that point the horse registered a loud whinney as a complaint. Apparently he wanted nothing to do with carrying both people.

“It’s alright boy,” Cam added as he patted the horse reassuringly. “It’s only for a little while.” Bronzey was hearing none of it, though. He stomped his feet and tried to pull away. It took Cam a few minutes to calm the creature enough to continue mounting up.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be fine,” Cam added as he offered Mare the stirrup once again. Bronzey snorted and looked away from the two of them, pouting.

Once they were both up and ready to go Cam explained his next move.

“Ok, first we’re going to head northwest. I know you were heading north – but there is a stream that way and we need water. Bronzey will travel faster after being watered, and we can make up the time.” Without waiting for a response Cam made a loud clicking sound and gave his unhappy horse a kick to get moving.

The high plain around them was mostly covered in dry grass interrupted by patches of barren sand and exposed rock. It was the kind of terrain you wouldn’t want to fall from a horse onto. Hitting the hard ground would likely break something, and taking a header onto a rock could mean death. Cam was silent for a while as he focused on navigating the safest path possible through the rough terrain. A few minutes in he turned to look at Mare to make sure she was OK.

“I’m sorry,” he offered in a teasing tone. “I’ll be blocking your view all day. At least as long as we head northwest you’re giving me a little shade. Thanks for that,” he offered with a smile.

A few minutes later a splotch of green and blue became visible on the horizon – perhaps a stand of trees by a river. Bronzey saw it too and hurried up into a trot.

“Whoa, boy, whoa…” Cam called out, pulling back gently on the reigns. Cameron was concerned that they might be travelling to fast for Mare to hang on, or for him to keep an eye out in front of them. That’s when he saw it.

“Look out!” Cam yelled – but it was too late. A rattlesnake launched itself into the air just in front of Bronzey. Instantly terrified, the horse reared out of control and wheeled backwards to avoid the snake on two legs. The sounds of the snake’s rattle and hiss mixed with Bronzey’s terrified whinnying as time seemed to slow down for Cam. Reacting without thinking, he instinctively pulled down on the reigns with his left hand as he threw his right arm behind for Mare to grab a hold of. Unconsciously he knew it would be impossible for her to stay mounted without a saddle – and a falling could be fatal.

“Hold on!” he shouted as he desperately tried to bring the horse down with one hand. Meanwhile the huge snake had landed into a coiled heap of rattling anger, ready to strike again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:59 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare had sighed multiple times in her life but this time was different. She was actually very bored, and the fact that she couldn't see much didn't help either. She always thought that the desert was some sort of peaceful and beautiful place. But very dangerous.

At the thought of the desert being dangerous, Mare was almost flung off of Bronzey when he reared up at the sight of a rattlesnake that was coiling up to strike. She grabbed onto Cam's arm and when she did, she gave off a small shock, she felt the shock transfer from her body into his.

Without thinking about her next move, she held out her other arm and a bolt of electricity came from her hand and flew to the snake, it shocked the snake so bad that it burnt the small creature to a crisp. When the threat was gone, she reached around and softly pet Bronzey to help calm him down, Bronzey came down from his rear legs and started to settle at her touch. She tried her hardest to avoid Cam's gaze.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:50 am 

Completed RP (1)

It all happened so fast. Cam barely had time to react to the shock in his right arm before a bolt of lightning shot out and destroyed the snake. Every fiber of his being wanted him to jump from the horse and run, but that would mean falling and potentially getting trampled. Instead he put everything he had into puling down on the reigns. Thanks to the adrenaline coursing through him and Mare’s calming actions, Bronzey finally dropped to four hooves. Cam then steered the wild-eyed horse away from the spot as fast as he thought Mare could hang on. A few moments later he brought the horse to a stop, shook his arm free from Mare and dismounted.

With his face close to Bronzey’s and both hands holding the bridle Cam spoke softy to the large animal for a moment to help calm him. He then spoke to Mare without taking his eyes off of his horse.

"I’m going to walk him for a little while to help settle him. You can take the saddle if you like.”

It was at that point that Cam turned to look at Mare directly. She hid her eyes from him behind her long bond hair, which waived gently in the faint breeze. Cam looked over her hands to see if the electricity had burned her in any way, but it didn’t seem to have.

He then turned and began leading Bronzey on foot. They walked on in awkward silence for a while before Cam spoke up again.

“Look, I’ve seen everything out here. Just try not to zap me too badly,” he said, turning to face her with a half-smile.

He had seemed genuinely surprised by her powers because he was. Her parents, who hired him to find her, didn’t bother to explain that she could shoot lightning from her fingertips. That was information he could have used yesterday. His mission, which had been going so well, suddenly became much more complicated. He shook his head and sighed at his predicament.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:36 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare glanced down to Cam as he walked beside Bronzey. She had decided to stay seated on the saddle, she would frequently lean down and pet Bronzey's neck to which he would give a gentle whiney. Mare would smile softly and then return to looking around the desert. The view was beautiful when a sandstorm wasn't in the midst.

Mare sighed softly as she leaned back in the saddle and waited until they could reach the river.

"So.... You don't care that I have powers of lightning...? Anyone would run away in fright." She raised her eyebrow at Cam as she looked down at him. She was confused as to why he was still even with her and hadn't had pushed her off of Bronzey and sped as far away from her as fast as possible.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:30 pm 

Completed RP (1)

Cam stopped short to think about the question. Since he was holding the horse’s bridle Bronzey had to stop as well, but only after giving Cam the hairy eyeball. The horse could smell running water and really wanted to reach it.

Believe me, I care more than you know, Cam thought to himself.

The young man breathed deeply and sighed as he stared at the ground. He knew exactly why he was sticking around: to collect a sky-high bounty for returning her safely home. Even though he couldn’t admit to that detail there were other reasons which were also true. He turned and took a step closer as his spoke, his blue eyes glinting in the bright sunlight.

“This is how I see it. If I were someone who wanted to hurt you or take your stuff, I would have tried by now. That’s not me. If you were someone who wanted to hurt me or take my stuff, you would have tried already, too. So here we are.”

He let that thought sink in for a moment before continuing.

“What I do for a living is help people out here – that’s how I get by.” He made it a point to make eye contact as he explained. “I help you get home, you pay me and I get to eat. It seems like a fair deal to me. Every day I wake up involves risk. I can see by the way you treat Bronzey that you have a kind heart. That's not true for most of my clients. So, the deal is still on as far as I'm concerned.”

Out of habit he reached out his hand to reconfirm their arrangement with a handshake, then thought the better of it. “I… ah…trust you. We don't need to shake,” he tried to explain awkwardly as he retrieved his hand.

"Besides, I have seen a lot of odd things in my time. The moon is getting closer every day. I think things are only going to get weirder.”

With that he let Bronzey lead him forwards. The horse really did need some water after all. Cam thought more about her situation for a few minutes before turning his head and making an observation over his shoulder.

“It must be tough, having to hide who you are, not letting people get too close to you.” His observation was genuinely heartfelt but stopped short of pity. She was clearly a strong person who could take care of herself regardless of how she might feel about her powers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:45 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare listened to what Cam had to say and actually agreed with him. If she really did want to hurt him or put him through hell she would've done it already. For some reason she felt as if she could trust him. She never really felt that way towards anyone before, maybe when she was younger, but certainly not when she was older and now on her own.

"Ya, it's kinda tough... Hiding that I have that ability from the other rogues..." She sighed softly and looked off into the distance.

A few moments passed and the trio finally arrived to the river. Mare got off of Bronzey and moved to the water, she leaned down and started to splash water on her face after she lifted up her goggles revealing her bright green eyes. She rolled up her sleeves, revealing her long sleeve of tattoos flowing up and down her arms. They were mostly vines and silhouettes of birds. Mare looked up at Cam and looked over at Bronzey who was drinking at the river like there was no tomorrow.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:52 pm 

Completed RP (1)

Cam kneeled at the shore and held his head underwater for as long as he could before coming up for air. He slicked his hair back as he breathed in deeply, feeling utterly refreshed.

“It’s the simple things, isn’t it?” he asked rhetorically. “Like water in the desert. One of the best things ever.” He returned Mare’s glance with a smile, his eyes lingering on hers for a moment.

Wow… he thought before forcing himself to look away. He had work to do.

A few minutes later the canteens were filled but Bronzey wasn't quite ready to leave. Cam decided not to push the horse after the day they’d all had. Instead he sat down next to Mare.

“You have some incredible art there,” he said in a genuinely impressed tone. Since she had rolled up her sleeves Cam assumed she didn't mind getting compliments on them. “They’re so intricate. I don't know who could even draw that, let alone tattoo it. Let me know if you don't want to talk about them.”

Cam’s eyes were drawn to her fingertips where he guessed her powers stemmed from. He found it amazing that there didn't seem to be any injuries, scars of even soot stains on her hands anywhere. As he looked he felt the urge to press his fingertip against hers to see what would happen. He slowly brought his index finger closer to hers, glancing at her emerald eyes first for permission. After the faintest of touches he pulled back quickly expecting the worst.

Nothing happened, so he decided to try it again. The second time, though, he recoiled in pain with a yelp and shook his hand violently.

“Damn! Really?” He asked accusingly.

Just as she was about to react he stopped shaking his hand and smiled.

“Just kidding,” he said with a grin.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:57 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare was about to apologize until he smiled and said that he was kidding.

"Oh I could make it hurt." She grinned a bit evilly but then the evilness faded into a genuine smile.

"And talking about my tattoos is okay. I actually drew them myself, and a friend of mine tattooed them on me. It took a while and a lot of pain but so worth it." Most of the tattoos on her were all connected somehow. They were either tribal looking or were thorny vines up and down her arms. A bunch of Irish symbols were also engraved on her body, but they were strategically placed so they didn't look out of place. Everything was fitted perfectly on her, nothing was out of place, the tattoos seemed almost as if she was born with them.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 pm 

Completed RP (1)

Cam laughed out loud as her evil look melted into a smile.

“Man that is one hell of a mad face. Remind me not to **** you off. Seriously.” He joked, clearly enjoying the conversation.

He stared at her in disbelief when she explained the artwork was hers.

“Get out…” Was all he could say as he leaned in for a closer look. After studying her outer forearms he reached in and lightly touched her wrists. “May I?” He asked as he gently turned them over. He spent the next few minutes admiring the continuous, swirling patterns that seemed to wash over her like a river.

“It's incredible. A masterwork,” he said sincerely as he raised his eyes to meet hers. Having leaned in, though, he didn't realize how close she now was. Suddenly filling his vision was her long blond hair and those incredible green eyes. The rest of the world faded from view entirely. His heart began to pound and his pupils dilated. He had been frozen in place by this incredible stranger in front of him, and time seemed to stop entirely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:53 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare watched as Cam looked over her artwork on her body. She had never seen or known anybody that loved her artwork just as much as she did. Nowadays, art was a dying hobby. Anyone who did it was either completely insane or insanely rich, and even then it wasn't the greatest pieces. but Mare's on the other hand told a story if someone were to look close enough.

When Mare realized how close he was to her, she could feel her face burn red hot with both embarrassment and excitement. Her heart started to beat faster as she continued to look into his eyes. Beautiful blue eyes that she could gaze into forever and get lost in if she could. She blinked; her long and thick eyelashes fluttered softly as the rest of the world faded away. She was now aware that the only sound that could be heard was her own heart beat.

"Uh..." Was all that Mare could say. Her mind was completely wiped of any knowledge or words that she knew. All that mattered to her at that moment was her and Cam.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:22 am 

Completed RP (1)

Completely lost in the moment as he was, Cam too was completely incapable of words. Still, their blushing cheeks and widening eyes spoke volumes to one another. Like the moon helplessly caught in the Earth’s gravity, Cam was gradually and inexorably pulled towards her. After what felt like an eternity of falling their lips finally met. His sense of the passing of time completely ceased. It seemed like the sky had exploded and began falling without making a sound. The world became perfectly silent.

Things were so quiet in fact that he could hear his heart pounding out of his chest. Then he heard it again.

Boom

That wasn’t his heart. The spell was broken as their lips parted. The world came screeching back to him in all of it’s blinding harshness. Something was wrong. Still in a daze from their incredible kiss, Cam still had a hard time putting words together. All he could do was stand up and look around.

He didn’t see anyone or anything nearby, so he decided to grab his binoculars. He stepped over to Bronzey who had heard the noise also and was looking towards the south. With one foot in a stirrup Cam hoisted himself up to scan the horizon.

“Storms,” he said finally. “A strong line of them, coming this way fast.” He immediately jumped into the saddle and wheeled the horse around towards where Mare was.

"We need to find cover. Even if lightning doesn’t scare you, we’re in a valley here. We could get hit with a flash flood or even a tornado. Over that way,” he said, waiving to the west, “are some rock outcroppings. High ground and shelter. We need to move fast.”

He looked over his shoulder at the makeshift seat Mare had been sitting on. “That’s not going to work. You need to sit close to me and hold on tight.” He scrunched forwards in the oversized saddle as far as he could, making room for her between him and the saddle back. He then kicked his foot out of the stirrup closest to her and threw out his arm.

“Do you trust me?!” he asked urgently as he reached out for her hand.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:02 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare was surprised that they had kissed. She had never felt such feelings flutter in her heart, it was new; but she liked it. When she heard the loud boom she too thought it was her own heart, but when she heard it once more she was snapped out of her trance like state and stared blankly at Cam as he spoke.

Thunderstorms didn't scare Mare, but tornados kind of did. She shivered at the thought of a tornado coming in and destroying everything. Her thoughts were then re directed to her truck. What was to become of all of her hard work? She gave a sad sigh and looked at the ground. Mare was snapped out of her trance once again by the sudden sight of Cam's hand near her.

"Do you trust me?!" His words echoed in her head. Trust... was something she didn't believe in. But for some odd reason, she felt as if she could trust this man with her life.

Taking Cam's hand, Mare pulled herself up and onto the saddle and pressed herself close to him. She wrapped her arms around him and held on tight.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:56 am 

Completed RP (1)

Once she was settled Cam gave Mare a reassuring look over his shoulder.

“No matter what, don’t let go until I say so,” he said as he gave Bronzey three big kicks. The horse took off like a shot.

Mare’s arms wrapped tightly around Cam as they rode, with his free arm also holding onto her for good measure. Cam instantly found the odd mix of danger and the intense feeling of well-being from her touch to be intoxicating. Despite the seriousness of their situation and the secret that brought them together, Cam didn’t want this ride to ever end.

During the race across the desert Mare’s right hand happened across a circular scar of some kind on Cam’s upper right chest. It was obvious to her even through the thick T-shirt that he was wearing.

They covered many miles before the rain finally caught up with them. It fell in sheets so heavy that mud instantly formed all around. Cam brought the stallion back to a walking pace to avoid risking a fall now that they were out of the valley.

“You can let go now,” Cam offered as they slowed down. “Or not,” he added with a smile, hinting that he really didn’t mind.

“Oh yeah, ‘scuse,” Cam then said as he leaned over her to reach into a saddlebag. After rustling around a little he pulled out a poncho. “I only have one, you can wear it,” he offered.

“By the way, you don’t attract lighting, do you?”

The rain continued to pour on them and Cam was quickly soaked to the bone.

Last edited by TinMan on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:26 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare let go when she realized how tight she was holding onto Cam and took the poncho in her hands and slipped it over her head. She didn't mind the rain much but she was wearing tight clothing so if they got wet they would've gotten even tighter which would've been a nice sight, but uncomfortable.

When Cam asked if she attracted lightning she cracked a small smile and shook her head.

"I don't believe so. I think you're good." She gave a small chuckle and returned her eyes to the horizon. She couldn't see much through the rain but what she could see was nice to look at. Her mind drifted to what she felt on his chest.

"So there's a whole in your chest? What happened there?" Mare wasn't afraid to ask. And she wouldn't pressure him to answer if he didn't feel like it.

My Character's