All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:12 pm 

Medals: 1
Completed RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

“It’s good to hear you laugh, even a little,” Cam replied over his shoulder. He then looked down at his chest before asking, “You mean this thing? It’s hard to explain. With you behind me its hard to show you, but when we get down I will. It’s like a tattoo didn’t ask for. Kind of a long story,” he added, dodging a bit. He decided to change the subject since he wasn’t sure how she would react to the details.

“You know, I may be the first person ever to drown in this desert,” he quipped as rainwater washed over him in a small waterfall. “Can you believe this? The weather keeps getting stranger and stranger. What’s next, snow?”

“Did you grow up somewhere with snow? I did. I miss it a lot. I came from central Colorado originally. How about you?” he asked. As if to answer him a terrific thunderclap echoed across the plain, frightening Bronzey who neighed loudly before picking up the pace.

“Don’t worry, old boy, I don’t think the thunder gods will strike,” Cam said, patting the horse’s mane. He looked back at his slightly drier passenger. “Professional courtesy,” he explained with a smile. “Speaking of which, wasn’t there a Roman goddess of lightning – Fulgora or something?” he asked rhetorically to pass the time. Ahead in the distance some hills with exposed rock came into view.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:20 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Mare smirked softly as he brought up Fulgora. He was right so at least that was good that he knew his mythology, she always loved a smart guy.

Moments passed and they finally arrived to the hills, the sun started to set one they got there.
"We should look for a place to rest for the night. I think Bronzey here would enjoy the rest as well." When Mare mentioned Bronzey, the horse whinnied softly and moved his head up and down in agreement. Mare gave a soft smile and patted Bronzey. Mare believed that the horse should have some rest, being of an Arabian breed he was stronger and faster but he still needed his rest.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:41 pm 

Completed RP (1)

“That sounds like a good plan. Somewhere kind of dry I hope,” he added. With the clouds overhead the sunlight was fading more quickly than usual. By the time they reached the rocks it was just about dark. Cam got down to lead the horse by foot as they looked for a good spot to camp.

“There – the rock wall kicks out enough to form a rainshadow. It’s not quite a cave, but it’s better than nothing. All three of us can fit under it. I’ll take care of Bronzey if you look for anything that will burn. Agreed?”

The area under the outcrop was mostly but not completely dry. It took several minutes for Cam to get the load off of Bronzey who was by then completely stressed out and exhausted. Working by flashlight Cam fished out his horse’s feed bag and filled it up with Bronze’s evening meal.

“You doing OK?” he asked Mare as she stepped back into sight carrying some waterlogged brush. Nights in the desert were always cold – even in the middle of summer – but this night’s dampness made things much worse. Cam was utterly soaked and shivering but still managed to find a smile for Mare.

He asked her to set down the brush while he retrieved a few things. When he returned he squirted a dash of some kind of fluid over the wood and then set it on fire with a cigarette lighter. He then tore pages out of an old paperback novel to feed the flames. Once the fire was going he turned back to his gear and fished out a towel and sleeping bag, both of which were relatively dry.

“Here, you get first dibs on the towel, and you can have the sleeping bag. I’ll trade you for the poncho,” he added with clattering teeth as he warmed his hands over the small fire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:25 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare passed the towel to Cam after she dried her hair and body. She sat down beside the fire and started to warm herself. Her outfit wasn't meant to be in the desert at night, because she was usually in the rogue camp or in her truck by this time. She gave off a soft sigh and started to wonder something.

"I find it strange that as soon as my tires were shredded that you showed up..." Mare squinted at Cam. She did trust him but she had a vague idea of who he really was. She just wanted him to admit it and maybe then she could convince him to not take her back to the Kingdom of Silvers. She hated it there. Pointless things such as grand balls, puffy and restricting dresses that she hated to wear, and the lessons on how to be royalty was the worst. Always with the same monotonous instructor, locked in a room for three hours a day.

Nobody understood how much torture she went through when she was in the Kingdom of Silvers.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:51 pm 

Completed RP (1)

Cam was in the middle of drying his hair with the towel when she dropped her bombshell question. He paused momentarily as he proessed what the question meant. This was a problem. The towel fell around his shoulders and he glanced at her softly.

He knew when he took on this job it was going to be tough even before he found out about her powers. So far things have worked out pretty well – he got her out of her vehicle and earned her trust. They also headed west away from the Rogue’s basecamp and closer to Silver territory, all according to plan. Her parents explained that she wouldn’t want to come home but didn’t explain why. Maybe they were afraid he would instead ransom her off to the higher bidder if he knew she was royalty. And now, further complicating things, he had feelings for her. The whole situation suddenly seemed impossible. The worst part of all this, though, was that now she might feel manipulated. Truth be told, Cam never imagined he would fall so hard. The equation had changed and he had no idea how to solve it. He decided the truth was his only option.

“It’s no coincidence,” he said simply. “I wont lie to you. I was sent to find you and bring you home. Let me dry off a bit and we can talk more,” he added as he walked away.

He stepped around to the other side of Bronzey for a little privacy. Once there he changed into all the dry clothes he owned to try and stay warm – three T-shirts and his other pair of jeans. He kicked off his boots and turned them upside down to dry before hanging up his wet clothes on the rock wall. He then walked back around Bronzey barefoot and defeated, carrying a canteen and a bag of dried food.

“Did I say water in the desert was the best thing ever?” he asked, flashing her a warm smile. “I was wrong. I was also wrong about you; you are too smart to be fooled for long.” He sighed as he sat down cross-legged in front of the small fire. “Eat something,” he suggested, handing her the bag. Inside was some hard bread, dried fruit, nuts, cheese and a small bag of trail mix. He grabbed a handful of peanuts and threw them in his mouth, washing it down with a swig of canteen water.

“Can we talk about home and why you don’t want to to back?” he asked with a sincere expression.

The rain seemed to be subsiding outside and an enormous moon could be seen coming into view.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:29 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare denied the food and water, she knew something was wrong when she realized that they had been going in the opposite direction of the Rogue Territory. She squinted her eyes at him, she now had to banish any feelings she had for him, he had lost her trust.

"Why should I tell you.... You lied to me this whole time." Mare was getting increasingly angry which was not a good sign. Whenever she was angry, her body charged up with electricity, anyone would touch her and they would be shocked. How painful the shock was depended on how angry she was.

Mare could hear that the rain had subsided. She squinted once more at him before saying a final word.
"I don't need your help... Leave me alone, and you can tell my parents to **** off when you see them next time." She glared at Cam before turning and leaving the small cave and into the cold desert. The cold didn't bother her since the heat from the electricity on her skin was burning hot.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:46 pm 

Completed RP (1)

This was bad.

“Wait, no…” he said, standing up. “Please, let's talk this through. You know I couldn’t force you to do anything you didn’t want to…”

Still she kept walking. Having no choice he followed her, barefoot and all. “Three things – give me a minute to say three things!” he shouted after her. In the dark he stepped on a sharp rock and toppled over with an anguished yell.

“Damn it!” he yelled at himself, cradling his bleeding foot on the ground. "Please... hold up!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:54 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare had an advantage in the desert and at night. She had her steampunk style goggles that she modified to double as night vision goggles. She kept walking. She didn't want to hear what he had to say, she didn't care for traitors. He was just lucky that she controlled her anger for once instead of just killing him on the spot. She couldn't have killed him even if she wanted too. But she had to not be in love with him.

Mare kept walking, ignoring Cam's cries for her to stop or slow down so they could talk but she refused, she wanted nothing to do with him. She decided that she would go back to her truck, fix the tires with a way she learned from the rouges, and go back to their hideout. And that's exactly what she did.

Hours had passed and she was thankful that Cam gave up. She finally came upon her truck and turned on her headlamp and began her work. Once the tires were filled with air and all fixed, she jumped in, turned the truck on and sped back to the hideout where she found one of her closest guy friends that she needed to talk too.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:17 pm 

Completed RP (1)

That was the longest night of Cam’s life. He spent the entire evening staring at the oversized moon trying to decide his next step. After hours of rehashing every word they said to one another Cam still couldn’t accept what had happened. Why would a creative person with such a kind heart want to hang around with a murderous highway gang? Eventually he came to a conclusion that he didn’t like: Stockholm syndrome. She must have been kidnapped and brainwashed by those thugs – there was no other possible explanation. He knew then what he had to do.

The next morning Cam was on his horse and racing west. He knew where she was – the Rouge hideout – and he needed to tell the Silver King and Queen. Knowing that much would allow them to mount a proper rescue. He wouldn’t earn the bounty by leaving her behind but he didn’t care anymore. Cam wanted her to be safe even if she hated him for it. And it seemed that she definitely would.

“Don’t crash into the Earth today,” Cam shouted to the enormous moon which was still visible in the morning light. “I have work to do…”

Last edited by TinMan on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostThis post was deleted by GreyHelm on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:42 am.
Reason: Double Post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:17 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Once the giant truck was parked in the garage, she grabbed her keys and jumped out from it. She walked amongst the other rogues to find her closest friend she could ever have. The only one who knew that she was the lost Silver Princess.

After a bit of searching, Mare found him on a board underneath his truck. She looped her foot under the board and yanked him out from underneath. She smiled down at him. "Let's get somethin to eat, I'm starvin." Being around him was the only time she genuinely smiled. He understood her. Cam understood her too, but he betrayed her. And he never wanted to see him again.

Queen Guinevere was asleep next to her husband when a guard knocked on her door, it had been a few months since she heard word from Cam and she finally was going to get an answer. She walked to the throne room and waited for him.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:11 am 

Completed RP (1)

Initially Scorpio looked **** as he was unceremoniously dragged out from under in the middle of a repair. His expression softened instantly when he saw who it was, though. The muscular mechanic grabbed a rag from his back pocket and wiped some of the grease off his hands after standing. He always had a soft spot for his favorite little firebrand.

“Artsy, where the hell were you? You look like crap,” he added with a concerned expression. “And that’s hard for you to do. Sure I’ll grab some chow, but are you OK?”

As she explained they walked to the canteen next door where Cookie was cleaning up. “Get out, I’m closed,” the older cook yelled at the two young people.

“Shut the hell up and get us something. She’s really been through it today. And none of that crap you served at dinner, something edible this time.”

“**** you,” Cookie replied simply.

“No thanks, I’m busy.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your highness,” Cam began in an apologetic tone. “I am sorry to get you out of bed at this hour. I just arrived,” he explained, “and I didn’t want to delay my message.” Cam looked like he hadn’t slept in days, and was as dirty and disheveled as he possibly could be. The queen looked sleepy but hopeful.

“I have mixed news, your grace. Your daughter is alive and well – but she refused to come here with me. She’s joined the Rogue highway gang. Had I known about her… powers, though, I might have been better prepared.” Cam was truly irritated that he was not told such an important fact but did his best not to show it now. “But at least I know where she is, and I have an idea.”

With the Queen’s permission he explained.

“She is really upset that I was sent to bring her back. Still I think she will talk to me if I can get close to her - alone. The Rogue’s vehicles are well armed against other vehicles but few of their guns point upwards. That makes sense because almost no one has aircraft these days. But I do know a guy with a helicopter for hire. We could use it to fly her out once we… well… sedate her.”

Cam had given this a lot of thought on the way there and truly believed this was the only way to rescue her. He knew she would never forgive him, but that wasn’t as important as saving her from the gang.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:53 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare chuckled to herself as she listened over what the two men were saying. She loved Scorpio's sense of humor.

"Come on Cookie, I've had a rough few days. Get me somethin to eat before I slit your goddamn throat." Mare's body started to heat up and electrify. She noticed this and immediately started to calm herself down. She glared at Cookie until he sighed and finally agreed to give them some food.

Once it was finished, Mare took the bowl and plate filled with actual good smelling food and sat at a table. She glanced at Scorpio before she started to dig in.
"So... Did I miss anything good?" She asked between bites of food.

The Queen stood and listened to what Cam had to say. She gave a soft sigh and nodded her head in agreement to the plan. She didn't want to have to sedate Mare but that would be the only way to get her out without her electrocuting anyone.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:53 pm 

Completed RP (1)

“Nothing really,” Scorpio answered as he took a bite of his mystery sandwich. It tasted kind of like a sloppy joe made from rats.

“Hey, great sandwich Cookie,” he yelled over Mare’s head. “No one can cook up roadkill better than you.”

“Oh yeah?” the cook shouted back, “Tomorrow I’ll make you a **** sandwich – hold the bread!”

“Please,” Scorpio replied with a laugh, “It would taste better than this!”

“Same thing different day,” Scorpio said to Mare in a concerned tone. “Now are you going to tell me what happened to you or what?”

----------------------------------------------------

“If it pleases you, your highness, I can leave right away,” Cam said urgently – perhaps too urgently. “All I need is your permission and I’ll gather the gear and reach out to my pilot friend.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:11 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare took a bite of her food before responding.

"I was driving along our route when my tires misterously were shredded from nothing. Or so I thought. So I started to walk back to the Rogue Territory when a man on a horse told me he would give me a ride. So I agreed. He told me I could trust him but he was trying to take me back to the Silver Territory the whole time." She rolled her eyes as she took another bite of her food and shook her head.

The Queen thought it over for a moment and then nodded.

"Anything to get my daughter back..." She said as she dismissed him. She walked back to her bedroom and fell back asleep next to her husband. Worried of what was to come.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:10 pm 

Completed RP (1)

“You seriously hopped on the back of some guy’s horse?” Scorpio asked incredulously with genuine concern. “A horse? Are you nuts? This sounds like a bad B-movie. So what did the Lone Ranger do to you? What did you do to him? Who the hell rides a horse in our desert?”

------------------------------------

“Yes, your highness,” Cam said as the Queen departed. Once she was gone he literally ran from the chamber to begin his preparations. He had so much to do…

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:55 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Mare shrugged softly when he asked who rode horses anymore, especially when they had all of these awesome parts to use in making trucks.

"He kissed me... And that was basically it." Mare sighed as she finished her sandwich and stood from the table, she had more things to do on her truck. She planned on putting in a new engine to make it to go faster and a new exhaust to make it louder. She walked with Scorpio back to the garage and took a board, and slid under her truck. She gave a smile to him before she plugged in her earbuds and blared music into her ears as she worked.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:49 pm 

Completed RP (1)

The next few days seemed like an eternity for Cam. Finally, though, his plan was set in motion.

Dawn broke brightly over the deserted Interstate 40, nearly blinding the young man as he sped eastward towards the horizon. He left Bronzey behind favoring instead a steel horse for this mission – a rebuilt Suzuki Hayabusa. The sleek, black machine tore down the roadway at well over a hundred miles per hour, which was still far below the bike’s top speed. Although it was unarmed, the bike would be fast enough to outrun any highway deathwagon the Rogues could throw at it. At least he hoped. Besides his helmet he also carried a sidearm, a 2-way radio, some other gear and food in a backpack strapped tightly to him. He shifted gears for a little extra speed as road lit up before him. Tonight would be the night.

That evening Mare would find a handwritten note left on the driver’s seat of her truck.

Cam wrote:
Mare,

I’m sorry – so, so sorry for misleading you. Please read this.

Yes, I was hired to find you – but only to try and talk you into going home. I understand now that you’re not just some runaway but someone truly special. So special that I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you. Not even for one minute.

I know you will never forgive me for not telling you the whole story, but I need you to know that I felt I was doing the right thing. I want to tell you why exactly but I can’t in his note. I looked for you tonight but didn’t see you anywhere.

I’m heading back into the desert where we almost camped that night and I’ll be there until dawn. Please come so we can talk. I’m not asking for a second chance – only to explain why I did what I did. I know things about these gangs that you might not.

Please come.

Cam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:46 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

When Mare got in her truck and found the note she read it over. She rolled her eyes as she took out her lighter and burnt it. She stomped it out with her boot before getting in the giant truck and starting the engine, she needed to go for a ride. They always cleared her mind when she was in a bad mood.

She drove down the highway in the desert and cut the wheel hard when she decided to go off roading. She sped down the deserted earth, the windows down and her long blond hair blowing in the breeze, her goggles covering her green eyes from getting dust in them.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:00 pm 

Completed RP (1)

Cam set a small fire in the exact spot he had days before. The night was cooler than the last time, but drier. Despite being more pleasant the place was still incredibly lonely. He passed the time waiting for her staring up at the enormous moon hanging overhead.

With the moon so much closer now it was never truly in shadow. Even during a new moon there was enough light reflecting off of the earth to illuminate its surface. Often the color of moon varied based on the ambient colors reflecting towards it. Tonight the moon glowed with a mix of sad oranges and angry reds.

The knowledge that the moon was getting closer each day was more than a little unsettling but still didn’t take away from its beauty. Cam found it ironic that the most beautiful thing he knew was about to destroy everything that he knew. As he sat there, alone, he started to wonder if it really was ironic or not. Maybe instead it was more of a metaphor for how love wreaks havoc. Certainly his feelings for Mare was doing a number on him.

Hours went by and it became clear that she wasn’t coming. Cam sighed and looked east to look for traces of a false dawn. As he did he noticed a pair of headlights far off in the distance. Squinting in the darkness he imagined that it might be Mare’s truck after all. If it was, though, she was heading in the wrong direction. Maybe she was lost?

Gripped with a sudden sense of urgency Cam ran to his bike and fired it up. He raced ahead of where it looked like she was going to get himself in front of her. At least, he hoped it was her. The bike screamed across the hard desert surface as he raced on an intercept course.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next