All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:48 pm 

World building for RPs that always seem to die

Medals: 1
Most Creative (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Eric was not having a good day. Everything was going great and now he was stuck here, in the middle of nowhere tied to a tree. "It will be a simple job he said. We could use the gold he said. Should have killed the bastard when I had the chance," he rambled on annoyed with what his former 'comrade' had done to him. "Our hero, our hero. Claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you The Dragonborn comes," he sang the old song the bard at his favorite bar loved to play. As he sang to himself he wiggled in his bonds trying to get free before finally giving up and relaxed content to continue his song. He was quite the sight, as he sat their tied to a tree by the road singing like some drunk in a bar.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:11 am 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Lucifer continued walking down the road. He was getting tired and each footfall produced a small cloud of dust. Or what he was assuming was getting tired. He had no idea how long he had been walking or anything like that. All of a sudden, he heard singing. Something about a dragonborn or something like that. The guy sounded drunk and Lucifer thought there couldn't be any harm in going to investigate the source of the singing. Though when he found the guy tied to a tree, he will admit he didn't expect that.

Walking up to him but staying out of arm's reach, Lucifer looked at the guy. Then at the tree. Then at what he was tied up with before speaking. "How in the hell did you end up tied to a tree?" It was a valid question. Lucifer would untie him of course. He just wanted to know if he needed to knock him out first or not.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:12 pm 

Most Creative (1)

Eric looked up, surprised at the voice, and laughed before speaking, "funny story that. I was trying to see if I could tie myself to a tree and as you can see it worked." After those words the laugh in his voice died before he spoke again, "in reality, there I was working with what I thought was my partner and we had just finished the best job we had in years. Then the butthole decides that he wanted the money for himself and one thing led to another all ending with me a lot poorer and tied to a tree. Bastard even took my favorite sword," the bitterness in his voice was almost visible. "So you gonna to untie me or we going to sit here seeing how long before I start to become part of the tree," he finished sarcastically.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:16 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"Hmm. Given how slow trees grow, I suspect in about twenty five to fifty years." Lucifer shrugged as he moved to work on the knot tying Eric to the tree. "Then again, since you would die well before that, I imagine if you consider compost part of a tree, then about a year." Tugging the knot free, he started to coil up the rope. Never knew when it might be useful after all. "There you go. So what are you going to do now?" In hindsight, that might have been a question to ask before he untied Eric. Oh well. If Lucifer survived the encounter should Eric turn on him, he would take the lesson with him next time he met someone tied to a tree. Or anything else for that matter. Shouldering the rope, he started walking off once again. "Also, apparently there was a dragon attack in someplace called Helgen or something like that. Figure it would be fair to warn you."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:10 am 

Most Creative (1)

"Hey wait up. You weren't going to just tell me about a ****ing dragon attack and then walk off on me were you?!?!" Eric yelled as he ran up to follow Lucifer. "So whats your name anyway, I'm Eric," he looked at Lucifer as he walk his upper boy turned to face Lucifer before continuing, "I don't really have anywhere else to go with my partner having ditched me and stole all my stuff. So how about us, I can show you around Skyrim and you can help me get back on my feet. You and me verses the world. We could take the world by storm, and may get my old partner back for what he did in the process," the last part was a whisper.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:53 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

That was exactly what Lucifer was gonna do. After all, he had no idea really how to act here and one slip up and that was it. He would be breaking rule number two of this overall game. He really didn't want too see what would happen if he broke the rules. Probably nothing good if this was any indication of the type of people he was dealing with. He wasn't ready to accept magic just yet, but if they had this type of technology on their hands? Yeah. They were a force to be reckon with.

"Lucifer." He said it quickly and still continued to walk. Just in case people didn't like his name here either. It was possible.

Even though that last part was in a whisper, Lucifer still heard Eric and turn to look at him. "Revenge is not my goal. But, I guess since you are stuck on like a starfish, you can come along. Just don't let your goals mess with mine." Cause Lucifer would like to leave this place before he was fifty two.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:51 am 

Most Creative (1)

Balgruuf the Greater, Jarl of Whiterun, sat on his throne speaking with his steward Proventus and housecarl Irileth. "I am telling you Irileth, your 'friends' can't be reliable if they are telling stories about dragons of all things," the steward said with an arrogant tone. Irileth spoke through her gritted teeth, "they are not the stories of some common criminals, they are reports from a former guard who retired in the area. I saw the truth in the mans eyes, the fear in them told me he was not lieing, there is a dragon in the hold and we need to send troops to deal with it." Jarl Balgruuf sat stuck on his throne between his 2 trusted advisers unable to decide who he should put in his faith in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:13 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Lucifer didn't know rather to ditch Eric at the nearest pub or kill him. Eric for the most part, was unaware of Lucifer's dilemma as he was busy singing yet another tavern song. If he wasn't singing, he was talking. If he wasn't talking, he was getting them into trouble. Lucifer lost count of how many bandits they had to run away from cause Eric had insulted them. On purpose. Just so he could get into a fight. At least that was Lucifer's thinking. Eric's thinking was more along the lines of the bandits were stupid enough for them to spot them, they were stupid enough to be insulted.

So when they entered Riverwood, one of them had a headache and the other wanted a drink to sooth their throat. It probably wasn't too hard to guess which was which.

"Come on! I know where this tavern is that we can stop in and rest and get a drink." And maybe steal a few purses was Eric's unspoken thought there. Lucifer, not knowing how to escape, just sighed and rubbed his forehead. He had learned it was just easier to agree with Eric than to try and disagree. Namely cause Eric would just go do it anyway.

"Fine. But you start a fight, I'm not backing you up."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:39 pm 

Most Creative (1)

As they entered the Sleeping Giant Inn the sounds of drunken singing filled the air. The town drunk Emery swayed back and forth as he drunkenly sang along with the bard Sven. Well Sven continued to play he was visibly annoyed and easily looked as if he was about to bash the drunk over the head with his instrument. The bartender Orgnar stood behind the bar cleaning a mug with a rag trying to ignore the drunken idiot. The small inn had a few small round tables with varying numbers of chairs around them and a few patrons scattered throughout drinking. Most of them were people from the town though there was a small group of men in varying types of armor. These were the only men who seemed to notice their entering the bar as they looked up at them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:13 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Lucifer spotted the men in the armor. They were kind of hard to miss. Especially when they stuck out like a dog in the middle of a bunch of mice. An uneasy feeling crawled across his skin. For good reason too. The last time he had seen a bunch of people wearing armor, he was almost beheaded. That was something he very much would like to not repeat. Not so soon after it happened. Leaning down to ask Eric if this was a good idea, he almost fell over. Eric wasn't there. Lucifer looked around frantically and could have strangled him as he finally spotted Eric.

Eric was happily weaving his way through the crowd and towards the bar. He wasn't worried about the armored people. He knew he could get out. No problem. Picking up a drink, he wondered over to the bard and the town drunk. It wasn't long that he start to join in on the singing. Which made Lucifer wince as he moved towards the bar himself while still keeping away from the armored group. "You better not get us in trouble Eric. I have no desire to go back," he muttered under his breath.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:37 pm 

Most Creative (1)

With the latest addition to the drunken chorus Sven's look went from annoyed to a look of misery at his situation. One of the armored adventurers tossed a coin or two his way every song though so he continued to play as was his job. The man tossing the coin seem to enjoy the misery it was causing Sven more than the songs themselves. "Drink up boys tomorrow we strike gold," as their leader spoke he pulled a small statue out of his bag and raised it in the air before continuing, "This is our ticket to the top. No more small time caves we'll have the best equipment in Tamriel if what that thief claimed was even half true." The group raised their glasses in the air as they cheered to their fortune. The leader placed the statue in the center of the table as they drank, the statue seeming to give off a strange magic. As the statue sat in the center of the table it seemed to give Eric a sense of familiarity as if he had seen it before.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:54 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Eric pretended to ignore the group in the corner. Pretended being the key word here. He was actually paying quite a bit of attention to the armored group in the corner. Part of the reason why he joined in the singing to begin with. The second reason was he just plain liked to sing and what better partner than a bard? Even if the bard already had an unwanted partner and he just made the duo into a trio. That was completely beside the point. So it was when the leader mentioned a thief that Eric used his peripheral vision to see what they were referring too. The statue caught his eye almost immediately. He felt a memory tug at him, but something was keeping it back. Probably because he was trying to remember it.

It was only when he turned back to see where Lucifer had wondered off too that it came to him. That statue was his! He rightfully stole it and then that two face son of a...No. He would not resort to name calling. That was beneath him right now. Maybe after a few more drinks. Point was. That was his statue before his former partner stole it from him. He wanted it back and he knew just who to get to help him do that.

Lucifer, who had finally gotten his drink, had no idea what he was in for as he watched Eric stride back towards him. Something about the way the thief looked made him weary though and he steeled himself for what ever half baked plan his comrade had. He just hoped it didn't get them all killed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:19 am 

Most Creative (1)

Two individuals, clad in black versions of the normal garb of the Nord citizens of Skyrim, sat at one of the outer tables watching everything. Appearing to most to be two travelers sharing a drink, the two watched as their target's new companion made his way over to the target. "Why do I feel like he is about to make our jobs a lot harder?" the man looked to his silent companion who merely nodded her agreement. "Ever the conversationalist," his companion just glared at him pointing to the scar on her neck to remind him why she was silent. The man at least had the decency to look embarrassed before he spoke again, "Anyway, should we interfere I mean they don't look anyway prepared for what I feel coming." His companion shook her head showing her disagreement before motioning for them to wait and taking a drink. "Wait it is then, I just hope he doesn't start something that even we can't finish," as he spoke he rested his head on his right hand looking toward their target and his companion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:20 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Plopping down beside Lucifer, Eric ordered another drink. "See those group of guards there?" Lucifer just raised his eyebrows at the other. Of course he had seen them. He wasn't a knucklehead or at the least, an idiot. He didn't get a chance to reply or even attempt to look back at them when Eric had his face in his hands. Lucifer let out a low growl of warning, but Eric ignored it. Maybe he really was drunk. Wouldn't surprise Lucifer one little bit there. "Don't look! They have something that belongs to me. Remember me telling you about my friend and the heist we pulled? Well. Not friend any longer but still. It was the greatest heist ever!"

Eric then proceeded to tell Lucifer in detail how he pulled it off. Which to be honest, Lucifer was only have listening to it. Why should he pay full attention when he didn't really care about the story to begin with? It wasn't like it was gonna help them in the long run to begin with and he was more curious to see where Eric was going with this. Which he could have promptly stabbed him in the head when the thief was finished.

"So we are gonna steal it back." Eric looked a Lucifer, a big smile on his face. In fact, it was as big as Lucifer's frown as he stared at his companion.

"You're nuts."

"Glad you noticed. Doesn't change anything. We are gonna steal it. And tonight too."

"What's this we thing?"

"Come on! It will be easy. I promise!"

"You will just drag me along anyway won't you?" The look on Eric's face said it all. "Fine. I'll help. If anything, to make sure your dumb ass doesn't get killed cause it didn't know when to run away."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:58 am 

Most Creative (1)

An archer and a swordsman, from the group of adventurers, sat outside their camp visibly tired as they rested during their patrol. The small camp that the group had set up in the woods near the town bore cheval de frises around the tents. Most of the group rested within their tents while two switched out to patrol every hour or so. Within the largest of the three tents stood Fredric, the groups leader and a large Nord clad in heavy armor with a large bastard sword sheathed across his back. On his table sat the statue from the bar along with various odds and ends from Eric friend. He paced across the length of the tent contemplating what to do with the statue, 'That seemed very adamant about keeping it over all his other things, so it has to be worth something. He wouldn't shut up about how it would make him rich but I can't think of where we could sell it and make sure we don't get cheated.' As midnight neared he stopped his thoughts making to head for his bed within the tent.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:00 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Eric watched from the trees, Lucifer not far behind him. The smell of burning wood reached his nose, but it was faint. Like most smart bands of adventures, they had banked most of their fires for the night. Of course, not before he had found them. A thief like him knew too much about groups like these to not be able to track them down. For once, he was quiet as his eyes scanned the encampment. The archer and the swordsman would be child's play to get past. But if they didn't go soon, they would miss the opportunity when a new fresh of eyes came upon the scene.

Eric didn't want to move just yet. Precious seconds were drifting by, but yet he still did not move. Behind him, he could hear Lucifer shifting around and knew he was getting impatient. Which Lucifer was. He did not know why he was here. Eric didn't need help. And besides that, it was kinda creepy how quiet the other had gotten. Almost like he was a different person. "Why don-" He stopped as he was shushed by the thief. Okay. Talking was out of the question now.

Suddenly Eric spied the tent he had been looking for. It was larger than the others. The leader had to be in that one. And where the leader was, that was where the most valuable items were. Nine times out of ten anyway. So long as other members of the party didn't steal it before then.

"Let's go." His voice was barely above a whisper as he moved through the brush, keeping to the shadows and seemingly to not move at all when in fact he was covering great distances. Lucifer did his best to keep up, but he was a lot slower than Eric...In fact, he was a good three to four feet behind the thief and was cursing under his breath the whole way.