All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:40 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Adrian Peterson, an average looking guy, with an average looking apartment in an average looking city. There is only one thing not very average about this guy like he seems to be. That thing, is that he is probably one of the wimpiest people you will meet in the run of your normal day. He flinches even if someone flicks at him from far away, and when he gets robbed... he leaves the room and waits in the stairwell. Afraid that if he calls the cops, or reports anything. That he will be shot or something. While this may be a valid point, there is no point to pretending like it never happened to someone who clearly saw it go down. His apartment neighbor is one of those people.

There is one thing though, that gives this man courage to do anything. One thing that lets him be who he wants to be. This thing, is talking to a girl he is really, really interested in over the computer. Adrian looks uncertainly at the message he is typing.

"Dear Serina,

We have been talking for a long time over the computer.
I know that I have never had the courage to really ask you before...
but I would be delighted if you could meet me at a coffee shop this afternoon.
If I am honest, I am scared to meet you in person.
Someone like me really has no chance on a date, but I am worried.
If we do not meet soon, I feel like our connection might take a wrong turn.
I guess what I am trying to say, is that I would really love it-
-If, at this Coffee shop we could meet and go somewhere for a Date.

Sincerely: Adrian"

Adrian sighs, looking at the cancel button on the bottom of the message. "I don't think this is a good idea," he murmured. His mouse now moving for the Cancel. Suddenly though, he felt a vibration on his leg. He jumped in a startled manner, accidentally clicking the mouse and hitting the "Send" button instead. Grabbing what he realized was his phone, he slowly looked to the screen and saw that the message was sending. His eyes widened, the young man getting up to his knees on the bed and planting both hands on the sides of his head. "No-no oh, no no no this is not good--" he kept repeating over and over again. He looked closely at the message box, waiting for something to pop up in there. "As soon as I am rejected I will just apologize and hope that she can realize I never meant to do that, maybe- just maybe she will not hold it against me..." he assured himself while trailing off mid-speech.

The young man clearly had no thoughts that she would say yes. His self-esteem still at an all time low like it always has been.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:05 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Stretching and yawning, a young woman emerges from her bedroom in her average sized apartment in one of her favorite cities. She looks around for a moment, feeling proud of herself for getting to where she is. In her teenage years, Serina Gaines had the reputation of being a brawler, always getting in trouble (even though she only beat up the bullies). People learned not to mess with her, or her friends, because you'll most likely end up with a black eye if you antagonized her.

On the day she graduated, she moved out of her parents house to move to the city to live on her own and get away from her reputation back home. She wanted to start fresh and be on her own. She worked hard on full time shifts, and today she finally had a day off. She makes her way to the computer desk, plopping down into the chair. She checks her email for a moment, then notices a notification from a chat box with the guy she's been talking to a lot. She smiled a little, thinking about their conversations. She was starting to really like him.

Reading his message, her smile grew wider. Finally! she thought. She had wanted to meet him in person for a while, but was waiting on him to ask first to make sure he really was interested in her. He seemed very nervous, and she chuckled a little. She typed up a reply..

Hey Adrian!
I have the day off from work, so I would love to get coffee with you!
I'm really glad you asked, I've wanted to see you in person for a while now
You don't have to be scared, I don't bite!

She read over the message and bit her lip, unsure if she should say more or not. After a moment, she shrugged and clicked "Send". She was still smiling, excited to meet him in person. Oh jeez, what am I going to wear? she thought, pushing her long brown hair behind her shoulder. She sat thinking, in silence, while she waited to see if he replied.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:54 pm 

As soon as the message popped up, he held his breath. 'she will say no, she will say no, she will say no...' kept repeating in his head as he moved the mouse and clicked his inbox. As soon as he clicked open the message and read it, he felt his jaw drop. "She actually said yes..." he said quietly, obviously not having believed she would agree. Adrian re-read the message more twice as he thought of a reply. "I mean, I guess-- i could..." he put his hands to the keys. Now slightly calmer then he had been before, he began to type.

Dear Serina.

That is great!
Do you know of the Coffee place by "Golden grounds park"
You know, it's got the huge fountain and doubles as a dog park.
The parks near a bunch of apartment buildings and the coffee shop is-
-The one across the street from the park itself.
Sorry, I am horrible at directions... I only know how to explain this-
because the park is near where I live.

He sat back in his bed right after hitting the send button. He just sat there staring out his window waiting for a reply as he tried to make sense of what might happen. "If I do go out with her... what will she think of me? and... what if she only like the me she knows over the computer?" he murmured. Tapping his fingers on his pants leg he sighed. Completely unsure of how to proceed from here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:41 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Still in deep thought, Serina jumped a little when she felt something rub up against her leg. She looked down to see her German Shepherd standing by her computer chair, looking up at her with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Serina reached down, scratching behind his ears. "Hey there, Koda boy! How ya doin', buddy?" She glanced back over at the screen, noticing a new message. After reading it, she smiled and typed up a reply.

Oh yeah!
I take my dog there all of the time!
I've never been in the coffee shop though, I doubt they allow dogs haha
I don't mind trying it out though.

She hit send and looked down at her dog. "It looks like I'm going by the park today." At the word "park", Koda's ears perked and he cocked his head to the side. Serina chuckled, "Sorry buddy, you can't go this time." She stood up and make her way to the kitchen area. "You hungry boy? You want some food?"
Koda barked excitedly and ran straight to his food bowl, looking expectantly at Serina with his tail wagging.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:44 am 

Adrian had been kind of glum as he thought about it all, though rather quickly he started to feel unusually happy as he sat there looking at the messages. "A girl... a girl is actually- Serina is actually- she will actually meet with me!" he spoke loudly. The young man clearly having never gone on a date before felt himself subconsciously check his hair with his hands, and he straightened his shirt. He did not really know how dates worked, but maybe if they just met... he could do something right with what he discovered about her. Adriane was already looking kind of nice, as most of his clothing consisted of dress shirts, collard shirts or rather well kept jackets with hoods. He always wore a pair of blue jeans, and nice looking white and blue nikes. He was not the most dapper of people, but he was definitely one who took care of his appearance and health. Currently as he turned back to the computer to reply to Serina he was wearing a black tee-shirt, and over that tee-shirt he had on a white and rather clean looking dress shirt, and the first few buttons by his neck were unbuttoned, though he seemed to pull it off. He was also wearing a pair of blue jeans that looked like they had been worn, but cleaned well.

He glanced at the clock by his bed. "12:00" he murmured to himself, making a mental note to what time it as.

So, when did you want to head-
out and meet? it will probably take me about
half an hour to get there, as the streets I
take have a pretty cool short cut, though-
will you be okay?-- did you want me
to meet you somewhere before hand?