All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:44 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Taking a look around, Inuyasha exhaled. While he often appeared rather gruff at the end of the day, this was sort of a reaction to the way that internally felt. Ever since he had accepted who he was he seemed more and more pleasant to be around, but that should have been taken as a sign of weakness.

Rather it had simply meant that he had gotten so strong that he no longer minded what others thought of him. He didn't have to cultivate an attitude any longer since he was powerful enough, so to speak, in order to ensure that he could have defended himself against anyone who would have criticized him.

Maybe that was why he didn't really mind at all the fact that he was building a homestead with Kagome-chan. Looking back toward her, he exhaled and actually put plenty of work into everything. He was not of a regular human persuasion, which meant that due to his additional strength he was building up the structure much more quickly than would otherwise have been possible.

Now he finally came to accept that it was actually pretty good to be from a mixture of a human bloodline and one from a spirit's.

Inuyasha was at home as a half-demon finally.

The one thing that did trouble him though...was the fact that he expected that Kagome's ability to tell him to sit like some sort of an actual feral dog would have probably still worked on him, and that admittedly didn't sound the least bit pleasant.

Speaking of Kagome, though, he wasn't quite sure where she had gone off too.

"Hey, am I supposed to be building this entire thing by my lonesome?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:12 pm 

Medals: 2
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Kagome emerged from the forest wearing short shorts and a tank that rises over her stomach. She was carrying more sawed lumber planks for them to build.

"Sorry", she smiled, "We needed more wood."

She set down the planks and wiped the sweat with her work gloved hand from her forehead. She wore a type of bandana on her head to keep her hair away from her face. Kagome then walked over to him and kissed him on the lips.

Yes, the two finally married after Kagome came back from finishing school. A woman of hatachi or twenty, Kagome came back to live with Inuyasha in the feudal area. They married three weeks ago and, during their honeymoon, set on building the perfect house to start a family in. It was in a purified area, blessed by Kagome (now a priestess) and Lady Kaede, and had a lovely view of mountains. It was also near a pond and a river so they had plenty of water and food. It was also near the village so they could be close to the Well to transport Kagome back to her original time.

Kagome smiled at her new husband and said, "You are doing a great job, Inuyasha....now, do we need anything else? Nails or screws or batteries for the battery powered tools?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 am 

While he was happy to see her, Inuyasha was actually visibly shocked when he saw her coming out dressed that way. "I-I thought you were supposed to be a priestess now or something! Only Lord Miroku would ever have wanted to see priestesses dressed like that."

That wasn't, of course, to suggest that Inuyasha didn't necessarily like looking at his new wife of course!

"Batteries for power tools? I thought that when you decided to come back to the feudal era you were going to live like it. Still going to rely on all of that stuff from your century instead, huh?"

Inuyasha smirked, seeming intent on proving that he didn't need her post-industrial conveniences to get the job done. He reached out, using brute strength more than anything else to continue the process of building the homestead. It seemed like he was going to stick with it for now, and even Kagome surely wouldn't have disagreed that he could have done just a good job without these tools as anyone could have done with them.

It just naturally took a little extra effort over what would have been put into it as a result.

"How is that looking, huh? Am I building it straight?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:30 am 

Kagome laughed saying, "Yea but it's pretty hard to build in it and yes. It makes it easier...at least for me. I don't have to live behind everything I had either."
She looked at the house and nods, "Yea. Don't let it get crooked."

She goes in and starts making measurements of what else is needed in the house.

"Will we make our own furniture? If so, I will get started on that.", she walked out.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:21 pm 

With a shrug, he looked back toward her and started to use an instrument to check that it wasn't crooked. Inuyasha's tool wasn't nearly as sophisticated as a modern level, but it worked quite well and he was sure that his work was actually precise.

"I didn't know that you had any skills building furniture. I thought that you just did all that book-learning back in your own time."

Naturally he hadn't expected her to do much in the way of carpentry, but if she had then he was indeed impressed by it if it were the case. Inuyasha, of course, wasn't going to show too much of that outright for the time being.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:30 pm 

"Yes," she stated, "I can build. I took a class on carpentry knowing I wanted to live here. I just need the materials to build it."

She made notes in her notebook before watching a little. She giggled seeing him work then said, "I'm off to the village for supplies. My mom wants us to come over once the house is done. She says she has a surprise for us."

Kagome walked to the half demon and kissed his cheek before leaving to the village...still dressed like she is. Sango and Miroku (married before Inuyasha and Kagome) was set up closer to the village. Sango was out playing with Kirara (Kilala in English) when she saw Kagome passed.

"Hey, Kagome", she shouts to her friend. Kagome looks and waves at the demon hunter.
"Hey, Sango. What's up?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:10 pm 

Actually, to be honest, he was sort of impressed that she had taken all of that time to prepare for this sort of thing.

Looking back he nodded, "Alright, just be back before sunset because unlike in your century, there's no way to see back here!"

Inuyasha still fully hadn't grasped how they'd been able to capture lightening and install it into pressurized glass bottles, but he knew that was a convenience that she was going to have to do without here.

He then suddenly paused, "Your...mother? Wait up, she's coming to our century?!" He then turned around to find that she had already gone off to speak with Sango instead.

Well, that was a little awkward to say the very least. He had no idea how this one was going to turn out in the end.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:28 pm 

Kagome and Sango chatted for a while. Mostly about what type of material would make good furniture in the feudal area. Shippo, who was adopted by Miroku and Sango, has grown up a little. He was tilling the garden now age 13 and a full fledge kitsune. He looks up and waves, "Kagome! Hey!"

"Hey, Shippo. How are you?"

"I'm good. How's grumpy Inuyasha doing?"

Kagome giggled, "He's working on the house. We are half way done and I want to get started building furniture."

"Do you need help?", he asks, "I can help you."

"That be great.", she smiled, "Lets go."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:00 pm 

Well, of all people, Inuyasha certainly wouldn't have expected Shippo to come join them, but in time it had actually appeared as though that's what was going to happen. He turned around to see him and Kagome coming back.

Pausing from what he was doing, he looked toward them with a smirk, perhaps betraying the fact that the now full kitsune was referring to him as 'grumpy Inuyasha.' Regardless, though, his work would have spoken for himself anyway.

As Kagome had asked, he had made sure to keep all of the lines around the home that they were building straight, and in the time that she had been gone he had certainly done plenty to finish up.

By this point he had started to lay boards across the roof, soon getting ready for the act of tiling.

The strength that came forth from his demon side was being well applied here it would have seemed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:34 pm 

Kagome set to work building the furniture. Inuyasha joined in when he finished with the roof. Shippo helped move everything in. A week later, the house was built and ready to be lived in. Kagome smiles and hugs Inuyasha close to her.

"We did it, Inuyasha. We have our own home.", she happily states

She kissed him then says, "Lets get ready. Mom is expecting us in the present."
She goes in to wash up.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:33 pm 

"The present? Your present maybe!" Inuyasha was right in a way when he offered the outburst. From his point of view, the timeline that they were currently residing in was the present.

With a bit of a frown, Inuyasha winced, "I'll come with if you think of some better way to hide my ears this time than just shoving them under that stupid hat that you had always made me wear."

Regardless of what he was saying though, he was actually quite proud of their work putting the house up together the way that they had. It was going to stand quite nicely in the end he figured.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:48 pm 

"I know. It's a force of habit.", she called out and changed into something better for her present (or the future). It was a pink ruffle top dress and she put a purple, light sweater jacket over it.

When he came in, she says, "We aren't going far. Just to her house. She promised it would be her, grandpa, and Sota."

Kagome brushed out her hair thinking how far they have come. The two went from nearly hating each other (especially because she looked like his ex) to falling in love and marrying....the thought of having children with him made her blush extremely red.

"Are your garments dirty? If so, put on something different and I will wash them when we get to okaasan's house.", she said finishing her hair.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:51 pm 

"You look really nice like that..." Considering that it was a compliment that was coming from Inuyasha's mouth, it was, well, relatively forced to say the least, but it was at least honest if not grumbled to some degree.

Looking back, he nodded a bit and sighed. "Alright, I just didn't want to have to cover my ears too much."

Turning about, Inuyasha eventually made his way to tie a fresh hakama around his waist with a pleated silk top. In order to prevent himself from raising eyes in her present that was his future, he actually acquired a large conical hat and wore it over his head.

Just like she looked polite and modern dressed the way that she was, Inuyasha had...looked quite dapper for his own era, but he would have stuck out like a sore thumb in modern Japan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:57 pm 

The dress fitted her form perfectly and the compliment made her blush.
"You look handsome.", she said and took his hand to go to the well. They jumped in and ended up in Kagome's present. Inuyasha bridal carried her and jumped out. He set her down and they went to her mother's.

They were greeted with warm hugs by her mom.

"Kagome, dear, I missed you so much.", she hugged her daughter. She turned to Inuyasha and petted his head making the half demon's wife laugh.

"Come in. I made your favorite.", she smiled and walked in the home to the dining room.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:35 am 

Well, considering that his head was being patted and he was in better spirits than before, it had been hard for Inuyasha to avoid stamping his foot like a pleased feral dog.

Regardless, he was soon accompanying the rest of them to the dining room after having removed his hat and placed it in his hands in turn.

Looking back slowly, he exhaled and started to sniff a bit, "What did you make exactly?"

Soon his eyes were growing wide, and he figured that whatever it was had to be good. He figured that regardless of what it was that she made he was certainly going to like it for sure.

Sighing once more, he turned up toward them and tried to smile, "I guess I'm not used to letting down the attitude at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:48 am 

"Oh, it's fine, dear.", the mother turns to Kagome, "Tell me, Kagome. How are you adjusting to life in the feudal era?"

"I'm adjusting quite well there. I have spent so much time there that I don't mind that I don't have the luxuries of the 21st century.", she smiles at her husband, "All I really need is Inuyasha."

The mother and grandfather smiled as her little brother made a face.

Her mother served the food and tea. Grandpa says, "So, you two, when will you be having the little ones?"

Kagome blushed extremely red, "Grandpa!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:49 pm 

"Having the little ones?" Inuyasha's eyes grew quite wide as his face grew quite equally red in the process.

Of course, the reasons for his blush also came from the fact that he was somewhat understandably embarrassed by the fact that she had complimented him so readily.

Inuyasha wasn't used to her sharing much of any compliments really, which might have served to explain why it was that he looked so embarrassed by what it was that she was sharing with him.

"For what it's worth, I think that everyone in this future century from me is just getting entirely too lazy by relying on all of these fancy gadgets that you all have access to."

At this point it sounded like he had genuinely started to value hard work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 pm 

"You have a point but that's the product of inventions. The more that's invented, the more humans with realize this with this will make things easier. We still have hard work in some case.", her mother pointed out then eats some of her rice.

Kagome nodded and the family ate quietly. Later, the mother asked, "Would you like dessert, Inuyasha? Kagome?"

Kagome nodded, "Yes, please."

She goes off to get it. Grandpa looks at Inuyasha and says, "I'm assuming you will be going after this."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:33 pm 

"In some cases?" Naturally that would have caused Inuyasha to roll his eyes. Considering that he was a half-demon it would have perhaps given away the fact that what he considered hard work was probably even harder.

Soon enough though his expression softened, "I'd like dessert and maybe I'll stay a little longer. You guys sort of are my family now, no?"

After he said that his ears soon started to twitch back and forth a bit in turn, which alone would have said something about him at this point.

Even if he did still have a bad attitude at times, he was less grumpy. That could have been from the fact that he realized he was strong enough not to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:05 pm 

Her mom returned with some cake for everyone and they sat eating. Later, the family was watching a scary movie. Kagome sat beside Inuyasha laying her head on his shoulder. After what she been through, she wasn't even afraid of anything anymore. Sota, on the other hand, was scared to death and clinging to his mother.

When it was over, Kagome's mother asked, "Will you two spend the night? We have your room all set up if you do, dear."

Kagome looked at Inuyasha waiting for his answer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next