All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:03 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Alice Kingsley sighed as she strolled down the empty walkway. School had been horrible and she was so stressed out lately that everything seemed to annoy her more and more. She happened to look up from her feet as she almost passed an old antique shop. She shrugged then decided to check it out anyway.

She opened the door and found the place to be very musty and cluttered. There were a few items that looked like they came straight from the trash. The shopkeeper looked up from his book and simply nodded in greeting to her. She returned to perusing the items until a small wooden chest caught her eye. She made her way over to the box with ornate engravings and words carved elegantly in a different language. Alice opened the lid and found a beautiful ruby glass pendant tucked neatly away at the top. She lifted out the jewel and as soon as it settled in he hand, the glass shattered. Alice gasped as a purple and blue mist quickly began to encircle her. She tried to yell for help but she seemed to be cut off from the world. Then everything went black.

Alice opened her eyes after what seemed to be a few minutes. As she glanced around she noticed she was no longer in the little shop. Instead of the antique items, card like people and odd environmental surroundings were all around her. She was sat in a wooden chair with shackles around her wrists. Her horrified gaze travelled in front of her only to see a large dark haired woman dressed in red and white. She wore a crown with a heart made of pure gold. Alice was completely confused.

"You have been found guilty of destroying a glass heart that was made for me long ago. Your sentence is death." she almost snarled. "Off with her head!!!" she boomed to the card people.

Alice looked around, horrified at the card people coming towards her with swords and halberds. She struggled to loosen herself from the shackles but to no avail. "Wait!" she called out, finally finding her voice. "Please, your majesty, listen to me. It was an accident. Ill find you a new one!"

The queen huffed in reply at first. "You are clearly an idiot. Those hearts cannot be bought, only made." she growled.

"Well then please let me make you a new one. Just tell me how."

The queen thought for a moment. Her frown soon turned to an evil smirk. "I will give you one month to accomplish two tasks. For the first task you will make a new heart by falling in love with this fellow here." she said pointing to a boy standing off to the far side of the podium. "And for the other task you must convince the black king to renounce his claim to the ultimate throne." Alice watched the malice in her eyes as she issued these seemingly impossible tasks. "Do you agree, uplander?"

Alice gulped down her fear and nodded. She then waited for the queen to tell the card people to let her go. As she waited, her gaze found the boy she was supposed to fall in love with. One month was almost entirely impossible to get to know someone well enough.

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:24 pm 

The aged Queen spoke with anger in her voice, but in her anger she found a shred of humanity giving the girl an alternative to her death sentence. “I will give you one month to accomplish two tasks. For the first task you will make a new heart by falling in love with this fellow here." she motioned towards a man with short red hair whose matching red eyes widened and glanced at the Queen. His face was covered and he was wearing red padded armor with a long sword sheathed on his left side and an axe on his right, he nodded his head in agreement to his Queen’s orders.. "And for the other task you must convince the black king to renounce his claim to the ultimate throne." This task was practically suicide if not impossible, it would have been easier to just kill the girl then put her through this ordeal. "Do you agree, uplander?” The terrified girl nodded in agreement, she had to after all or accept death instead.

“Liam, step forward and meet your new campaign,” the Queen ordered. “Yes, my Queen,” Liam answered obediently as he began to walk towards the girl in big even strides. Approaching the witness stand the girl had been placed on Liam held out his hand towards her where the steps lead down, “Allow me to help you down, young miss.” His voice was soft and deep, but behind it sounded like fake almost trained kindness.

Attachments:
derp.jpg
derp.jpg [ 63.17 KiB | Viewed 4095 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:19 pm 

Alic allowed Liam to help her down. She blushed lightly. The red haired boy reminded her of the books she read about ninjas. He seemed pretty attractive so perhaps making a 'heart' wouldnt be so hard after all with his help. She noted the fake kindness in his voice however. He sounded like he was reading from a script. Alice frown slightly, then she sighed. "My name's Alice Kingsley. What's yours?" she asked, trying to make conversation. She heard the queen call him Liam but he had to have a last name as well, surely. Or perhaps this world worked much differently than the world she was used to. Perhaps last names were next to nothing here so nobody went by them. Already this dream world was confusing her and she new nothing about it yet.

The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:03 pm 

The young lady had accepted Liam’s hand to help her down, she look scared and nervous, but also somehow shy. Was she blushing? Her hand was soft and small as he lightly grabbed her fingertips and spun her around until Liam’s back was to the stand. "My name's Alice Kingsley. What's yours?" she asked. Liam couldn’t quite tell if she was just simply curious or making conversation to ease her nerves.

“My name is Liam Dahl, it is a pleasure to meet you young miss,” he replied in a low, soft, and almost flat voice while giving a small bow. Liam didn’t much care what the Queen had ordered him to, orders were orders. If the Queen had ordered him to have killed the young lady he would have done in the same way that he walked over to her to help her down, never giving it a second thought. “My Queen, what are your next orders?” he asked glancing around the girl...Alice...and staring towards the Queen still sitting in the judge’s bench. It was odd not being given orders or being told where to stand and whom to protect. Thinking outside of his well trained element and mind set was a strange and foreign feeling.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:09 pm 

Alice cocked her head to the side. She guessed Liam was what you called a well trained soldier. He didnt seem to talk much, nor did he have whims of his own. She frowned at this thought. If he was nothing more than a follower then how could she ever hope to fall in love with the gorgeous man? He would be far too boring for her. Alice sighed again and looked down with a saddened look.

The queen grimaced and looked down at Liam. "I told you already. Now get going!" she growled.

Alicr winced as the queen practically spat on him. It made her angry that the queen was this horrible to one of her loyal subjects. And she felt sick at the thought that Liam would take this abuse. She instinctively grabbed Liam's hand. "You know this world better than i do so please lead the way. And you have a very lovely name Liam." she spoke in her soft voice.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:59 pm 

The Queen barked out, "I told you already. Now get going!" Liam placed his hand over his chest and gave a bow to her.

"You know this world better than I do so please lead the way,” the young girl said with a...Kind voice? Poor thing would never be able to make it through these lands by herself. A slight sigh escaped Liam’s mouth with the sudden thought of, ‘I really don’t want have to babysit a defenceless girl for a month only to die protecting her from the Black King.’ But he quickly let this thought go. Right could he could respond with a, ‘Yes, right this way’ the girl said, “And you have a very lovely name Liam." This took him off guard and made him raise his brows in slight confusion. A lovely name? What is that suppose to mean? A name is just a name, how can it be, ‘lovely.’

“T-thank you,” he replied not quite how else to reply to the statement. He stared at the shorter girl, radiant? Was that the word? Her long golden hair almost shined, radiantly? “Your name is...Lovely as well, Alice?” Liam answered question like not quite sure if it was the right thing to say. “We should...We should continue, there is much time to be wasted,” he stated not sure that it was the right thing to say. “This way, Alice,” he said turning to lead her looking over his shoulder to be sure she followed behind.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:14 pm 

Alice smiled lightly as she followed him into the dark forest. Shadow covered everything, causing it to seem more intimidating that it should be. But for all she knew, there could be dark beasts lurking in its midst. She tapped her chin in thought for a second. Perhaps she should learn to defend herself in case Liam wasn't around or busy fighting off someone or something else. "Uhm Liam? Could you teach me to use a sword? I want to be able to defend myself as well." she asked. Her voice was still soft but trembled with the thought of running into danger.

Suddenly she heard rustling in the bushes. A large cat jumped out at them. There was something odd about him, especially when he just disappeared into thin air then reappeared behind them. Alice jumped with a gasp at the creatures action. The occupants of this world were curiouser and curiouser.

"Now you've gone and got the queen angry. Perhaps she needs to sit on her own head." the cat grinned. And to demonstrate what he meant his head appeared under his body with his whole body standing on his own head. He laughed as Alice gasped again.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:01 pm 

Liam began to lead Alice through a dark forest, this really wasn’t anything new for him but he stayed on his guard. The path was a generally safe one although it was sometimes known to have bandits or animal attacks. Glancing back from time to time he could tell that Alice was nervous if not afraid. "Uhm Liam?” Alice started up softly getting his attention, “Could you teach me to use a sword? I want to be able to defend myself as well." Liam stopped and turn towards to look her over. A sword? Did this dainty girl even have the strength in her to pick one up and hold it properly?

“To while I’m not against you learning to defend yourself, do you have any sort of training in swordplay I should be aware of?” Liam was hoping for a yes, but he knew the chances were higher that she would say no. Perhaps though she might have been taught some basics of something like fencing. A rapier would be a decent sword for her to use since it would be on the lighter side.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:29 pm 

Alice shrugged. "I fenced a little when i was younger. But that was it." she glanced up at Liam. "So will you teach me? Fencing isnt the same as protecting yourself." Alice cocked her head to the side and smiled at the ninja boy. She hoped he would teach her. Plus it would be a chance for her to get to know him better. He was far too stoic and robotic right now foe her liking. There had to be some emotion under this facade.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:12 pm 

Liam was relieved at the fact that she at least had the skill to hold a sword. But then came the next trial, "So will you teach me? Fencing isn’t the same as protecting yourself." She was right. He glanced around for a moment.

“Yes, I’ll train you.” he agreed, “But we’ll need to get you your own blade. That will have to wait until our arrival to the next town unfortunately.” It wasn’t that far, perhaps another day's travel at best, it would also give her the chance to pick her own sword. A sword is an extension of one’s self after all. Hopefully the town will have a fairly decent selection of rapiers for her to choose from. Or...Whatever blade she was most comfortable with. Liam glanced around once more, “It’s getting late, Alice. We should find a place and make camp soon.” Alice...The name rolled off his tongue, perhaps he should have just left it off of his statement. Perhaps that would have seem more natural and make her more comfortable around him. Ah well, what’s done is done no use lingering on it. Making camp was far more important that thinking about a simple sentence.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:40 pm 

Alice smiled. She was happy he would teach her properly. "Its getting late Alice. We should find a place and make a camp soon." Liam had said. He sounded a bit more human with her name rolling off his tongue like that. 'Slowly but surely,' she thought giddily to herself. "Where did you want to set up?"

She walked behind him by a step or two. He was a little faster than her, probably because of his long legs. "Oh, and if you dont mind me asking, how did you become part of the queens court? You dont really seem like you would side with her easily." Alice was genuinely curious about this. After all is she was going to fall for him then she wanted to know all about the ninja. Underneath that cold exterior, he seemed pretty nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:58 pm 

“We will set up somewhere around here,” Liam replied gazing around for a nice spot. ‘Here,’ he thought to himself beginning to take of his pack. ‘Should find some firewood soon.’ There was quite a bit to do before the sun went down. Liam gazed up at the sun, an hour or so? Should be a decent amount of time. Been in worse situations than this.

The girl named Alice trickled behind him, there were times where he thought he might have walked a bit too fast for her, but time isn’t really a luxury they had time to waste. Liam let out a small sigh as the girl had a thought pop out of her mouth, "Oh, and if you don’t mind me asking, how did you become part of the queens court? You don’t really seem like you would side with her easily." Liam looked her over once. He wasn’t really expecting her to ask something like that right of the bat. None the less Liam played along with her curiosity.

“I was born into it. A lot of the Queen’s higher security, especially those who do it more in secrecy tend to be. It is not something we really choose to be, it is just what we are.” his reply was pretty straight forward, he didn’t even seem to mind the answer. You are what you are, nothing more or less.