All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Buckshot (Kyra/Star)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:16 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Adam dropped his lunch behind him when Scott advanced on her. Nobody made a move to help. They stood idle and watched. Why? Where were her friends? His eyes fell on Scott in white hot rage. It reminded him of the way Paul treated his mother. This guy was twice his size, but he could still smear him into the floor. He glared daggers at him on his way out, wanting to turn him around and throw his own fist in there- but now was not the time.

“Sasha?” he loomed over her, taking in the situation. She’d fallen on her hand. “Damn it. Stay still.” Adam ducked under her arm and lifted her up onto his back. People were still just watching. Unbelievable. She was, at least, as light as she looked. Either that or he’d been lifting in his sleep. Her… her hair smelled nice. Don’t be a creep… don’t be a creep.

“I’d give you a high five for that hook, but er…” he chuckled dryly, trying to lighten the situation. It wasn’t easy when he wanted to grind Scott’s face into paste. “Sorry. It’s not funny. Are you alright?”

They entered the medic’s office, and he set her down in one of the chairs. “They’ll take care of you,” he said. He turned away to leave, but paused near the door, resting his hand on the frame. Adam peered back at her, opening his mouth to say something, but stopped himself, uncertain of what to say. He said nothing and exited.

He started directly for the locker rooms, intent burning in his mind. Scott was in the back near the showers, surrounded by his mates. He was telling them a very animated story, and it was likely that none of it was true. He should march right up to him and clock him across the jaw, he should scald his face with the showerhead. Scott stood right in the middle, legs on either side of the bench as he demonstrated his “technique” to his mates, whom howled in approval. Adam saw only one opportunity here.

He put his foot on the opposite side of the bench and shoved it directly into his business.

His mates seemed to take longer to process what had happened than it did for Scott. He doubled over and rolled to the floor clutching at his wounded pride. Nonetheless he managed to bark out a broken expletive toward Adam, which spurred his pet monkies into attack mode. It was in that moment he realised he should probably split. He tore across the locker rooms, tailed by three half-naked brutes.

It wasn’t the most macho thing he’s done in his life, but throwing a sucker punch at Scott was far more satisfying than he anticipated. Besides, that dick deserved it. In the dick. He was thankfully faster than they were, and lost them fairly quickly after they remembered they weren’t wearing trousers. Adam slowed to a halt in front of the senior councilour’s office.

“Hey er, think it's early enough to get a class change?”

Last edited by Kiddo on Thu May 21, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:24 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Sasha winced softly as he helped her onto his back. She had tears running down her face by the time he brought her to the nurse. They tried to get her to say what actually happened but she refused. All she did was say that she tripped. She smiled at Adam before he left when he looked back. She wanted him to stay. Wanted to hear what he was going to tell her. But she couldn't get the words out of her mouth. She sighed softly and then let out a howl of pain when the nurse touched her wrist.

Definitely broken. But the nurse popped it back into place and put a cast on it along with a sling. This kind of stuff apparently often enough that she didn't have to go to the hospital, but she was going to stay with the nurse for the rest of the day. She was afraid to cross Scott again.

An elderly woman at the desk looked up at Adam. A sweet smile fell upon her face.

"No deary, what do you need changed?" She readied her fingers over the computer keyboard. After getting his name, she reached over and pulled his record from a filing cabinet and was ready to scribble whatever needed on the paper. She smiled up at him. She was a sweet lady, she always has been.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:20 pm 

Gym was never his favourite class, so Adam wasn't terribly sad to see it go. Seniors had little quota to meet when it came to “real” classes, so he was given a list of electives to choose from. In the end, Music Room was most appealing, so he chose that. After his romp with Scott and his unfortunate balls, he wasn't too eager to stick around until the last bell, when groupies like him tended to make the inevitable prowl to kick his ass after school. He skipped the rest of the day, entirely uninterested in regaining his notebook. Secretly, he was hoping Sasha would read some of his lyrics. She would hear them eventually, anyway.

He rolled lazily around the modern end of town, gazing into the windows of shops selling things he couldn't afford. There was a shopfront with televisions on display, and he paused a moment to admire Bono's shameless dovetailing of “With or Without You.” Across the block was his favourite record store, Cat Scratch. They were the only place that always had those hair bands on their racks, like Autograph and Rage. He was tired of Purple Rain. Though he didn't own many tapes, the ones he did, he treasured. Each had come from here, along with a collection of posters given to him by the manager- whom was equally awesome.

Adam slowed, dumbstruck, when he saw the sign on the door explaining they were closing the store. The bell over the door chimed when he entered, attracting the attention of the clerk.

“Closing?!” he asked incredulously. The clerk gave him an apologetic look as the manager lumbered out of the stockroom.

“Afraid so, son. Just not enough business these days. A competing store just opened across town, and ever since, I haven't made enough profit to pay for the upkeep,” the manager explained, “Come on back, kiddo, I've got something you might like.”

Adam followed the man into the cluttered storeroom. It was tiny, but it seemed that not a lot of room was needed what with all the empty sales racks. It was disheartening to see. The manager indicated a large box near the back of the room, opening up the flaps to reveal a DASH machine.

“I know you play,” he explained as Adam revered the piece of recording technology, “It's a bit dusty, but it works. You'll just have to buy the tapes.”

“Are you serious?”

“I can't sell it. It's outdated technology, most studios aren't using this model anymore. I acquired this one from a pal in the industry, but I don't have any use for the thing.”

“I don't know what to say,” Adam returned, still in awe. He wanted for Buckshot to be heard, but he figured that could only be achieved by playing while a hotshot record label drove through town and happened to hear them. This? He could mail recordings out, maybe get someone to actually listen. His mind was blown.

“Don't have to say anything, son,” the man smiled, his mustache curving into a bow shape on his lip, “Who knows, maybe when you make it big, you'll think of me, eh?” He released a hearty laugh. Adam smiled. It was time to transform Peter's garage into a real studio.

-x-x-x-

“Look, I know this is rad and all, but my friend you have no clue what you are doing.”

“I'll figure it out,” Adam hushed him, too excited to worry about technicalities such as how to actually operate this thing. Peter put his feet up on the back of the red sofa in the garage, munching on Chee-tos while he watched Adam fiddle with the dozens of switches and buttons on the console.

“Sasha gonna show up?”

“Maybe not,” Adam frowned, “I think Scott broke her wrist. I wouldn't blame her for staying home.”

“What a piece of ****. Didn't get your notebook back?”

“Nope.”

“It's gonna come back with glitter and puffy Barbie stickers,” Peter wailed, “We should burn it.”

“Just because Dani got her hands on your textbooks last year doesn't mean all girls like to vandalise things with cute stickers.”

“Famous last words...” Peter mumbled between a mouthful of his cheese puffs.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:21 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

For the remainder of the day, Sasha was sent home. They didn't want her to be around Scott for the rest of the day and she understood that fully. She sighed as she laid on her bed, her parents not home of course. She sighed as she looked over her records and tapes. She picked out a Poison tape and popped it in, she cranked the speakers and smiled as Unskinny Bop started to play. Poison was one of her favorite bands, other than Motley Crew of course. But she had always had a crush on the guitarist and lead vocals from Poison. She thought that Bret Michaels was hot. She smiled as she walked about her room, she picked up the notebook she had thought it was hers and read through it. She was surprised when she came to what look and sounded like a love song. She gave a soft smile, for some reason, she had this crazy idea that it was about her. Sasha shook her head getting the thought out of her head. A voice screamed at her.

"He will never love you. You're too goodie goodie." Sasha sighed. She tossed the notebook aside and sat on her bed. Her wrist still hurt a decent amount, but she had to go see Adam.
---
A few minutes later, Sasha was in her car and on her way to the other side of town. Not moments later, she pulled up into the driveway and turned the car off. She pushed the door open with her good hand and got out. She smiled at Adam upon seeing him when she got out. He was handsome, but then she told herself to knock it off. She walked her way to the boys, the notebook in hand and not vandalized with stickers and things. The only thing that she had done to it, was write a song inside it. Deep in the back of the book where it would take a while to find. It was a decent song.

"Hey boys." Sasha said as she approached them. A smile on her face that was hiding her sadness in pain. She looked like a happy girl all the time, but to be honest, she was always depressed. She wouldn't admit it to anyone however.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:32 pm 

“Hey guurl,” Peter held out his hand for a high five, but as soon as he did so, he lost his balance and slipped headfirst off of the sofa. “Ow.” Adam shook his head.

He'd made little progress with the DASH machine. Peter was probably right, and he should seek out a manual of sorts to at least show him how everything runs. It was easy to find switches for treble, bass, that sort thing, but the rest had unknown functions. He supposed for now it could wait. Adam stood and collected his guitar which was propped on the wall. He plopped down across from Sasha and absently strummed the chords to “Smoke on the Water.” In that moment, the door leading into the house creaked open, catching the boys' attention. A very old woman emerged, shuffling in and eying them in turn. She muttered something in French.

“Grandma who let you out of the basement?” Peter stood upright and jogged to the door. The elderly woman stared at him with a glazed look, murmuring something else as Peter guided her back into the house. They could be heard conversing for a few more seconds until another door shut somewhere inside.

“His grandmother lived in Montréal most of her life, and she refuses to speak English,” Adam explained with a dismissive shrug. “She's like, ninety years old and wanders around a lot and falls asleep just about everywhere. Don't let her scare you.”

He slowed his activity on the guitar and peered over, observing her arm. It was still red, and looked like it might bruise later on. Her wrist was obscured by its brace.

“How's the wrist?” Adam guessed she probably already heard about what happened with Scott in the locker rooms. Word tended to travel quickly at their school.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:54 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Sasha smiled softly and watched as Peter and the old woman walked away. She always loved old people, especially old couples. She turned to Adam when he asked about her wrist. She smiled softly, to be honest, she was really nervous to be around Adam.

"Well, broken." She smiled sheepishly. A pain went through her wrist and she winced softly. She remembered what her friend had told her before she left.

Sasha turned to Adam again. "Listen. You didn't have to beat Scott for me. But I guess he earned it." She smiled nervously again. She was afraid that she had feelings for Adam. And she was afraid what would happen if she acted upon those feelings. She never truly had a boyfriend, well one who actually cared about her thoughts and feelings.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:50 pm 

“He had it coming,” Adam mumbled, pinching a couple of random strings on the guitar. Then, he grinned boyishly. “If it's any comfort, I don't think he'll be reproducing any time soon.”

He resumed picking at the guitar, a new tune. It wasn't anything he'd heard on the radio or in concert, but one he'd crafted on his own. It was less aggressive than what he normally played, accented by a gentle B chord. It was a lot easier to play when he was alone, but knowing Sasha was there, his hands were unsteady and nervous. Not that she would know, but it was a tune he'd been working on alongside some lyrics more or less about her.

Peter hadn't been wrong; it was entirely true that Adam had a crush on her since the fourth grade. It was the first class they'd ever been in together, but he found it unlikely she would even remember he was part of it. He was a scrawny little loser then- well, he still was- and had tried naively to gain her notice. Unfortunately, boys were of course from Mars, and he'd given up after a couple of years. Peter always reminded him that girls had cooties, anyhow.

It was really, really weird being alone with her. He was just too damned awkward, and all he could think of doing was playing his guitar, because he honestly had no idea what he could say. His eyes finally fell on his notebook. He'd forgotten about it. Adam could feel his face growing hot with embarrassment, but he decided to talk it off.

“I suppose you know why I'm a straight-A student now, huh?” he joked, hoping and praying she didn't think he was a creep for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Sasha smiled at his remark, both the one about Scott and the notebook.

"Totally. I knew you were so smart." She rolled her eyes and gave a small laugh. After a moment of silence she spoke again.

"I read that song... And I know that it's about me. To be honest, I kinda had a crush on you since we were kids. I remember you being the only one nice to me when I was new to the school. You even gave me your animal crackers." She smiled at the memory. Time had flown by quickly, but she would never forget what Adam had done for her. It was as if he was her guardian angel, always there to protect her even if she had no idea he was there. Sasha smiled up at him, her eyes glistening as she did.

"And I wrote a song in there as well. It's umm... In the back if you want to read it." She started to blush. She could feel her face growing hot, but she didn't try to hide it.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:10 pm 

His guitar pick was fumbled between his fingers, and he dropped it into the hollow of the instrument. She remembered that? As far as he recalled, he would always just leave them secretly in her desk. She'd known all along. So much for being invisible. Furthermore, it was something he'd almost entirely forgotten about. Sasha brought it up on a whim. He felt like his breathing constricted momentarily, all the words and excuses and things he wanted to say that would surely make him look like a fool- choked off almost instinctively. He swallowed hard, letting his hand drop in front of the guitar strings.

She had a crush on him. Surely she had the wrong Adam Key.

“So you...” he trailed off lamely, clutching aimlessly at words. He wasn't prepared for this at all. And this is precisely the reason you are the biggest loser at Salem. He eyed the notebook sitting innocently across from them, as if it held the secrets of the universe inside of its pages. For all he knew, it could have. Before another chance arose to speak, a pile of junk was tossed forcefully into his lap.

“Battle. Of. The. Bands!” Peter announced excitedly from behind the couch. Adam picked it up half heartedly and skimmed its contents. “Don't worry, I've already signed us all up for it, over the phone, see.”

“...when--?”

“October!” Peter answered proudly. “I've even got us some stage names. You'll be Dick Danger, I'm Sir Slaughter, and the lady shall be the Iron Maiden.”

“She can't be Iron Maiden!”

“Why not?”

Adam shot him a look. Peter should have named himself 'The **** Blocker'. His friend caught on almost immediately, his mouth falling open in a distinct shape which indicated his every intention of being a total prick about the situation later.

Practice carried on as usual, the montage of music flowing naturally, as if nothing else mattered. As a band, he felt confident Buckshot could make it out there, if only they could get an audience. Peter killed it on the drums. Adam could keep up with any big name guitarist if he put his heart into it. And Sasha? Her voice was amazing. They could use a bassist, and maybe a synth, too, but for what they had, they made a good team. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to sign up in the Battle.

As for Sasha, he was a little thankful for Peter's intrusion, because he needed time to digest the nuclear missile she'd just fired into him. Needless to say, it had changed his perception about their past completely. Now he wondered just how many times she might have felt invisible to him, just as he had. Adam wasn't exactly the most attentive type. He felt a little guilty, considering it was possible she could have left him animal crackers and he wouldn't have even paid it mind.

In his room, he laid back on his black-sheeted mattress, staring up at the smoking cherub on Van Halen's 1984 tour poster. He tossed a footsack at its face as he contemplated the day. It was like he was trying to convince himself that Sasha didn't just tell him what he wanted to hear, which was a little backwards when one considered it. He kept glancing over at his notebook, which he made certain to secure before leaving Peter's garage. Finally, he gave in and snatched it off of the floor, the small scrap of paper with Sasha's phone number slipping out from between the pages and fluttering onto his shirt. He flipped to the back of the book restlessly, and read the lyrics she'd written in her neat hand. He must have reread it a hundred times before he finally set the book face down over his chest.

He didn't know what he was thinking. He reached for the phone beside him, dialed the number, and let it ring.

“Er, hi. My name's Adam. Sasha has been tutoring me in Chemistry. I had a question about the homework assignment. May I speak with her?” The woman on the other line must have been her mother, he guessed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:52 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Sasha was about to speak but when Peter burst into the room she shut her mouth. Hopefully they would have a chance to talk later. She stayed quiet while Peter and Adam talked about Battle of the Bands. She thought that they would do great at it, seeing how they only had the three of them, with some more practice she thought they could actually win. Through the rest of practice, Sasha sang her notes perfectly, frequently glancing at Adam of course. After practice, she drove home and sighed as she laid on the bed. Sasha heard the phone ringing but assumed it was a call for her mother or father, but when she heard her mother call from downstairs to pick up the phone she knew exactly who it was.

"Hello?" Sasha said as she picked up the phone that was in her room. She looped her finger around the cord and started to play with it, something she frequently did while talking on the phone.

My Character's