All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:37 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Asura's annoying alarm went off at 7am, and he drowsily stuck out his arm to silence it, accidentally smashing it to bits. With a groan and a sigh, he dragged himself from under his covers and tossed the wreckage into the nearest trash can, grabbing jeans and a black hoodie from a box he hadn't unpacked yet, and made his way to the bathroom. Half an hour later, he was showered, dressed, and downstairs in the kitchen with his mother, pouring a bowl of cereal for himself.

"Where's dad?" He asked his mother absentmindedly. "Are we not doing morning training today?"

"Azi's working right now." She responded quietly, as she sat in the chair next to him, pouring a bowl for herself. "Got got a call about an hour ago. A robbery of some sort. Plus, with you starting at a new school today, he thought he should give you a break. Unless, of course, you'd like to do your training with me today?"

"No!" He replied quickly, remembering the bruises from the last time he trained with his mom. "No, I'm good. But on a side note, why is dad responding to a robbery? I thought they only called you guys in for the big jobs."

"I have no idea." She replied with a shrug. "But he apparently thought that it was worth getting involved. You can ask him about it yourself when you get home from school."

"Fair enough." Asura replied, standing up and taking his bowl to the sink. "I guess I'll see you later then."

After grabbing his backpack and reaching the door, he heard his mother call his name. "Asura? You're almost a man now, so I won't nag you the way I normally would. But, just... be careful, okay? Don't use your powers if you don't have to."

"Always.." He said with a smirk, before shutting the front door behind him, and beginning the short walk toward Gideon High School, hoping that things would go smoothly.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:46 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Delilah woke up that Monday morning, drowsy as always. She sighed as she slipped on a pair of jeans and nice shirt. She put on a necklace that a friend had given to her a long time ago. It was just a piece of string with a bottle cap on it. But it was one of the old Pepsi logos. She loved Pepsi. Preferably vanilla Pepsi. She sighed as she went downstairs and ate breakfast, brushed her teeth and headed out. Her parents always left early in the morning so she never really saw them in the morning unless either one of them were sick. She sighed as she got into her car and drove off to the same old high school she has been in for years. Luckily for her this was her last year. Well half way through it anyway.

When Delilah got to school, she parked in her regular parking spot and headed in. But she was stopped short by her friends. Of course it was the jocks and cheerleaders but they were friends either way.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:06 am 

Reaching the parking lot in front of the school, Asura thought for the thousandth time how being able to use his powers freely would make his life much easier. But, of course, that would likely never be an option. So he quietly made his way through the crowd of profoundly annoying teenagers, trying to pretend that they didn't exist, slowly making his way into the office, where an older woman sat at the desk.

"Um, excuse me." He said to her quietly. "I'm Asura. Asura Nirgal. I'm supposed to check in here?"

"Oh, yes." They graying woman replied, straightening her glasses. "You're transferring in today, aren't you? Give me just a second to get your schedule printed out for you."

Asura waited rather impatiently, while the woman navigated the screens on the computer, breathing a sigh of relief when he heard the printer next to her hum.

"You know, I worked here when your parents were students here too." She said happily as she handed him his schedule, and what looked like a map of the school. "How are they doing these days?"

"Uh... they're good." He said, mentally scrambling to remember his parents' cover story. "My dad is a district manager for a bank, and mom runs a psychiatry practice from home."

"Well it's always nice to hear about Gideon High alumni doing well for themselves. You tell them Mrs. Donovan said hello, okay? Now... would you like me to have someone show you around the school?"

"No... no thank you. I should be able to manage. You have a nice day, okay?" He replied, sneaking away as quickly as he could.

Trying to read the map he had been given so that he could make it to his first class, he wasn't paying as much attention as he should have been, and a couple of minutes after he left the office, he bumped into someone.Unfortunately, it was a very large someone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:54 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

One of the jocks that Delilah was hanging out with named Scott was bumped in to. His immediate reaction was to grab Asura and pinned him against lockers with great force. "Oh look it's a new kid." He laughed deeply.

Delilah saw the whole thing and got worried. She decided to actually stand up for once. "Hey Scott knock it off, it's his first day." She said a bit nervously. Scott turned around and looked at Delilah.
"Shut up girl!" He yelled back. She coward and Scott turned back to the new kid. "If you bump into me again or cause trouble, I won't be so lenient. And Delilah won't be there to protect you from me." He glared at the boy for a long moment and then left. Delilah glanced at the new kid, put her head down and followed after them.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:51 am 

"What the hell is this, a made for tv high school movie?" Asura said to himself, fixing his shirt with an incredibly annoyed expression on his face. A couple of years ago, he would have broken both that idiot's arms for grabbing him that way. He guessed all his dad's training sessions were starting to pay off. Not that he didn't still want to do it.

Grabbing the backpack he had dropped, he followed the map to his first class, which he didn't bother to check the name of. He had so many things on his mind at the time that he didn't even notice the teacher introduce herself, much less her asking him to introduce himself to the class.

"Asura...? Are you with us?" She asked, politely, but obviously slightly annoyed. "Could you give an introduction to the class, please?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry." He said, absentmindedly. "Uh.. my name is Asura Nirgal. I'm originally from here, but I've lived out of the country for the last seven years or so because of my parents' jobs. I doubt any of you would remember me."

Gazing out across the classroom while the teacher decided where he would sit, he noticed the dumb jock and frightened looking girl from his encounter in the hallway. He hadn't paid much attention to her back then, but for some reason, after seeing the girl's face clearly, something just clicked in his mind. He knew he had known her in the past, but couldn't quite place her. But it had been the better part of ten years since he had been in Gideon, so he wasn't particularly concerned.

"Um.. you can sit there, next to Delilah." The teacher said, finally, and she pointed to the empty desk next to the girl. Asura hesitated for a moment, but took his seat, and began to remove things from his backpack. Then he realized that he didn't know what to grab, because he didn't know what class he was actually in.

"Um..." He said, raising his hand to get the teacher's attention. "Sorry, but what class was this again?"

Apparently the laughs from his other classmates didn't make his teacher very happy, because she glared at him. "This is Speech. I know that it's your first day, but please try to keep up, Mr. Nirgal."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:29 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Delilah glanced up at the boy named Asura. The name was familiar, especially the last name. She watched as he took the seat next to her and returned her attention back to her notes. She let out a small giggle when he asked what class he was in but then quited herself, not meaning to be rude.

Throughout class, Delilah had paid attention and took notes as usual. She was good with school, always has been. She was a genius. Especially in this high school that was mainly revolved around the arts and athletics programs. Being a colossal nerd and popular was rare. But she doesn't let her smart side show around her "friends". When the bell to go to the next class rang, Delilah sighed as she put her books away and stood up, the Jock named Scott came to her side and put his arm around her. She looked at it a bit disgusted. "Hey babe, party at my place." Delilah picked his hand up and dropped it from her shoulder. "No thanks...." She replied as she started towards the door.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:52 am 

It seemed to take forever for the first class to end. Asura was used to a much different type of teaching, and to be honest, he found normal school to be extremely boring. He quickly gathered up his things, and made his way to the door, hesitating for a moment to watch the scene with Delilah and her friend. The expression on her face said that she wasn't particularly thrilled with having that oaf all over her that way, but it wasn't any of his business. Besides, it wasn't really his place to step in, considering that she just let it happen.

Walking out into the hallway, he felt his phone buzz in his back pocket, and slipped into a nearby restroom to answer it. With the exception of his parents, no one had his number, so he knew that it was either one or the other. And if he ended up being late to his next class, he could just blame it on being new.

"Yeah?" He said into the receiver, not bothering to see who it was first.

"Hey, kid." Said his father's deep voice on the other end. "How's the first day of school going so far?"

Asura sighed. "Boring as hell. I don't know why you guys bothered enrolling me. There's absolutely nothing I can learn here at this point.

His father laughed. "Well, hopefully going to a normal school will help you with your social skills. In real life, nobody answers their phone by saying 'yeah'. In any case, we can discuss it in more detail when you get home. Just try to keep an open mind, son. You may find that you like it more than you expected."

"Right..." He replied sarcastically. "I was here for fifteen minutes, and had to stop myself from breaking some idiot's face. If I wanted to learn restraint, I could have just stayed home and trained with you. But fine... have it your way. Guess I better get to my next class, so I'll see you later."

"Have a good day, son." His dad replied before hanging up.

Asura slipped into his next class just as the teacher started to talk. After making his apologies for his tardiness, he found himself sitting next to Delilah once again, as it was the only open seat in the class. He assumed that was probably because that Scott guy didn't like other guys sitting next to her, and that thought was backed up by way Scott glared at him - not that he paid much attention to it.

"You know..." He whispered to her once he had settled in. "If we keep bumping into each other like this, I might start to think you're stalking me or something."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Delilah was too busy drawing in her sketch book and didn't notice that Asura had yet another class with her. She always felt lonely because nobody would really talk to her because of Scott and his butthole antics. She heard a voice come from beside her from the usual empty seat. She smiled softly as she picked up her head and looked at Asura. "Actually, you'd be stalking me." She smiled and her attention was drawn back to her sketch book, where she was drawing a well detailed picture of a girl longingly looking out a window, the expression on her face was one of depression and sadness. The necklace she was wearing hung from her neck, swinging softly as she moved her arm to continue her sketch.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 pm 

Asura quietly chuckled to himself. He has officially had his first good moment of the day, and it felt pretty good to relax.

He followed along with the teacher as well as he could, which wasn't really all that well, considering he wasn't learning anything he didn't already know. So he found his attention being drawn back to the girl sitting next to him, who was busy drawing a pretty intricate looking scene in her notebook. From his stolen glances, he could see that the girl she was drawing looked incredibly sad, and for some reason, this rung a bell in his mind, something like deja vu.

"Not trying to be a stalker or anything, and I'm not trying to tell you my life's story or anything..." He whispered to her. "But you really remind me of someone I knew when I was a kid. We lived down the street from each other and we used to play together all the time. She always had a notebook with her and she was actually pretty good to be so young."

He paused to check her expression, but he wasn't even sure she was paying attention.

"Anyway, I can't remember her first name, but her last name was... Montgomery, I think. Does that sound like anyone you know?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:26 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Delilah stopped what she was doing and her pencil dropped when she heard the last name. Her last name. Could this be THE Asura from her childhood? A flashback popped back into her mind from when they were little:

Delilah ran to Asura and hugged him tightly, he was a full foot taller than she was and she burried her face in his chest. Tears rolling down her face in sadness. She wept loudly and held onto Asura who held her back.
"Why are you crying Delilah?"
"Because you're leaving. And I'll never see you again." The young girl replied with some sobs. She remembered the smile. The smile that Asura always had on his face when they two were together. She remembered him pulling her chin up so he could look at her. She sniffed softly.
"Don't worry. In a few years when we're all grown, I'll come back for you. And we'll live happily ever after just like you've dreamt of. Okay?" Delilah remembered nodding and hugging him one more time before watching the car and moving van disappear down the road.

Delilah snapped out of her flashback and looked at Asura. Her eyes wide, she shook her head and fell back out of her desk, she grabbed her things in a flurry of what felt like fear and shock and sprinted out of the classroom ignoring the teacher. She raced down the hall and to her var where she started it up and sped home.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:12 pm 

Asura was shocked at Delilah's reaction to his question. He wanted to talk to her to figure out what was wrong, but she was up and out the door before he could even get a word out. And, of course, the entire class was staring at him like he was some kind of criminal.

"What happened?" A random female classmate asked, while the rest of the class whispered amongst themselves. "I've never seen Delilah act that way before."

"I honestly have no idea." Asura replied, putting his hands in the air in an "I'm innocent" pose. "All I did was ask her if she knew an old friend of mine."

"Well, I'd be sure to apologize to her before Scott finds out about it, if I were you." The girl went on. "They're not a couple, but he sure things they are. And he's not really the type of guy to listen to you if you try to explain."

"Who the hell is Scott?" He started to ask, but he was interrupted by the teacher calling the class to order.

He followed along with her as best he could, but his mind was on Delilah the rest of class. For the life of him, he couldn't figure out what made her react that way to a simple question.

His mind was still on her when class ended. He was busy checking his map to get to his next class, when someone grabbed him and pulled him into the nearby restroom, slamming him into the nearest wall by the neck.

"What the hell did you say to my girl, you son of a ****ing?" Said the guy he had seen Delilah with earlier that morning.

"Oh." Asura replied nonchalantly. "I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you're Scott."

"Are you getting smart with me, freak?" Scott replied, punching him in the stomach. "I asked you a question!"

Asura couldn't help himself. He'd literally had toddlers hit him harder. He laughed in the other boy's face. And seeing that no one else was around, he grabbed the hand that Scott had around his neck and squeezed, forcing him to let go and yell in pain. Then, with a quick twist and a shove, he smashed him into the wall face first, holding him there with his arm twisted behind his back.

"You have no idea how much of a freak I actually am." He whispered menacingly into Scott's ear. "And I promise you that if you ever lay your hands on me like that again, you won't be playing any sports again for a very.. long time. Do we understand each other?"

He applied a little extra pressure to accentuate his point, causing the other boy to groan.

"Yes! I understand!" He finally replied.

"Good." Asura said, releasing his arm. "I'm glad that we had this little conversation. Now would you kindly get out of my sight?"

Rubbing his wounded arm, Scott made for the exit, but Asura stopped him.

"Oh... Scott." Asura said before he could leave. " While I'm thinking about it... Do me a favor and leave Delilah alone from now on. She's not your girl, and she obviously has no interest in ever being with you. "

Scott glared at him, but said nothing as he left the restroom.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:34 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Back at home Delilah was in her room trying to calm down. A lot of things were rushing into her head at the same time and it gave her a giant head ache. She pressed her palms to her forehead and clenched her teeth in pain
she frequently had terrible migrains and headaches that caused her most of her pain. She let out a few shaky breaths in and out to try and calm herself down. It worked for a little bit. She stood from her bed and walked out of her room and down the stairs. She figured she would need some fresh air so she went outside and sat on a tire swing that had long served its purpose and still going.

"Wait for me Asura!" Little Delilah yelled as she chased after her friend who was sprinting ahead of her. When the kids cane to rest, they were in the garden her mother planted and kept beautiful every year.
"I need go give something to you..." The young boy said softly. Delilah closed her eyes as she was instructed and felt something small and round in her hand. When she opened them and looked down she saw a small bottle cap tied to a piece of string. Any other child would think it was ugly, but Delilah was raised to appreciate even the smallest and ugliest of things. She slipped it on over her head. Asura smiled and so did she.

Delilah had her eyes closed as the tire swing she sat on swayed softly in the breeze.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 pm 

Thankfully, the rest of Asura's school day was pretty uneventful. No threats from random jocks, and no teachers who had it out for him. The situation with Delilah still made its way to the surface of his thoughts from time to time, but he had no way of resolving that issue at the time, so he just pushed his questions back into the mental crevice they came from.Of course, it still seemed to take forever for the day to end, since he was looking forward to speaking to his father.

The moment the final bell rang, he grabbed his things as quickly as possible and rushed out of the building, half walking, half jogging back toward his house. But along the way, he got sidetracked by familiar surroundings. It took a moment before he realized that he was walking through his old neighborhood. On a whim, he decided to walk by his old home, just to see what had happened to the old place. He found that it had been completely remodeled, with the room that had been his having been converted into a garage, and the whole outside of the house done with a different color scheme. For some reason he couldn't understand, this fact saddened him quite a bit.

Continuing down the street, he walked by the house that his childhood friend had lived in, not expecting to find anyone there. Seeing no cars in the driveway, and no signs that anyone was home, he made his way into the alley behind it. peering over the wooden fence, he saw Delilah sitting on a tire swing, looking upset. His first instinct was to walk away and leave her in peace, but then the obvious questions popped into his head. Why was Delilah at his friend's house? Did she know her? Were they related somehow?

With inhuman agility, he jumped onto the fence, twisting his body around and flipping his legs to the other side, and sitting casually on top of it as though it was the most normal thing in the world.

"So..." He started. "If you didn't think that I was a stalker before, I'm sure that you probably do now. But I happened to be walking by and I saw that you looked pretty upset, sooo.... I figured I wouldn't be much of a gentleman if I didn't try to find out way."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:07 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Delilah jumped when she heard the voice. It snapped her out of her peaceful memory and back to reality. Back to the same old yard that she used to play with her friend in day in and day out. She looked up and saw that it was Asura. She offered a small smile and looked at her feet with a sigh. "You just took me by surprise that's all... I had a friend a long time ago and you remind me of him." She smiled a bit sadly. She turned her attention to her feet again at her pastel colored canvas shoes she often wore. Delilah often had memories come and go of her friend. She was lonely without him. Even though she couldn't remember his name, she would never forget hid face and the way he spoke to her. So gentle and kind. As if he was actually right about him coming back to marry her. Promising the happily ever after she so desperately wanted. But Delilah was grown now. She knew that happily ever after's don't exist and her life wasn't a storybook fairytale.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:31 am 

"Well that's an interesting tale..." Asura said, rubbing his chin. "But that doesn't really tell me why you look so upset right now. But, since you decided to open up to me a bit, I suppose it's only fair if I do the same."

He jumped off of the fence and walked closer to her, removing his hood in the process. "That friend that I was telling you about in school today? She used to live in this house. You remind me of her quite a bit, actually. Well... physically, at least. In terms of personality, she was a lot more energetic than you though. I don't think I ever really saw her look as sad as you do, aside from the day my family and I had to move. I guess what I'm saying there is that you should try to smile more often. I've only known you for a day, but I haven't seen you show a real smile even once."

Standing directly in front of her now, he dropped to one knee so that he could look her in the eyes. There was something in her expression that he couldn't quite place, but he went on with his story.

"Of course, she was a lot more dramatic than you as well." He added with a laugh. "She was always making these bold declarations and forcing me to go along with them. I remember her making me promise to come back here and marry her one day, or something along those lines. I made her this silly necklace out of a.. bottle lid, if i remember correctly. I made it as kind of a reminder of the promise I made her that day. It's kinda funny, the promises that you make when you're kids. I'm sure that she probably tossed that thing years ago and forgot all about me by now, but... I digress. I know that I asked you this earlier, but... you wouldn't happen to know any Montgomerys that still live in the area, would you?"

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:45 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

The color drained from Delilah's face, leaving it a milky white color. The bottle cap. She reached into her shirt and pulled out the necklace. The Pepsi cap that had been put onto a string still was around her neck. She never took it off and she would never throw it away. One time her mother tried to when she was younger and Delilah had a fit. Some things you just can't throw away. Especially something that a childhood crush have to you. The smallest things stick with a person forever.

Delilah couldn't believe it. This was Asura. The one she had been waiting for for years now. He was finally back and in front of her. "You're looking at one..." Was all she could say as she looked into his eyes.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:35 pm 

Asura's eyes went wide with shock when Delilah showed him the necklace he had made her.

"You mean you're..." He started, stumbling over his words. "Delilah Mont...gomery? I just thought... maybe you were related to her. I mean to you... I mean... Well you know what I mean! Oh my god..."

His eyes scanned Delilah's face, really taking it in for the first time. He could see it now - the little girl that he had spent so much time with as a child. His first and best friend, and his first love. He was so lost in the moment that he didn't realize that he had reached out and touched her cheek until she jumped.

"I can't believe this..." He said, smiling from ear to ear. "I never would have expected you to still be here. I have so many questions, so many things to tell you about. I don't even know where to start! What have you been doing all these years? Have you been here the whole time? Did you inherit your mom's powers or your dad's? Or maybe both? Oh man... this is insane!"

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:58 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Delilah was excited. She was happy that she had found her long lost friend and first love. She was taken by surprise when he mentioned powers.

"Wait a minute... Powers? I don't have any powers. There is no such thing..." She crossed her arms and stared at Asura.

There were so many questions she wants to ask him but for now this was the one she needed to know as soon as possible. There was no way that he could have super powers. There was no such thing. Science can't even make a time traveling device let alone superhuman beings.

My Character's