All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:11 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

If there was something they could agree on, Zaine was indeed a ****ing. Truthfully, if she were to suddenly fall in battle, the Clan would approach her death with all due formalities, but deep down there would be a collective relief among the hunters. He swept a hand through his hair as he chuckled softly.

“You go right ahead, I don't think anyone will stop you,” he told her. With that, he rose from his position and moved behind her. He unfastened the silver bindings that remained. “Now that we're more comfortable, oh mysterious vampire Alpha, let's be honest. We're at a crossroads, we are.”

He strode over to one of the supports in the middle of the tent, leaning into it and crossing his arms.

“Nothing is binding you. You are free to do as you wish,” he explained, choosing his words with care, “My Clan expects me to put you down within the next couple of days, but I don't want to do that.”

His eyes cast down at the ground again. “See I used to think vengeance would make things better. I was so mad when my mum died that all I could see was blood, but that was years ago, and nothing has changed. I stayed with the Clan, though, because that was the only life I've known. I thought what I was doing was an honorable existence. That somehow I was doing the world a favour by hunting.”

Asher grimaced as he recalled her village. There were families, men and women going about their business in much the same way normal humans did. Out in the middle of the woods, they weren't harming anything but those who would stray too close. In a way, he wouldn't blame them for feeling threatened. He felt sickened.

“I don't know if I want to kill anymore,” he confessed. “Maybe I don't know your name, but when I look at you, I don't see a killer. You're just a frightened woman. A woman who can take a head or two off, but a woman nonetheless.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:53 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

"My name is Seraphina." She said softly. She looked up at Asher in confusion as he released her from her bonds. She could do anything now that she was free. She could kill him and run, she could knock him out and make it look like it was an accident. But she didn't. No matter how much she wanted to kill his people and burn them with their ridiculous Clan... She couldn't. Something about Asher was enchanting to her.

"You are right. I may be an Alpha vampire, but I am just a woman. My people are trying to live normal lives. The reason why we kill your kind is because they come too close to us." She looked at the ground and then gazed up at Asher, still on her knees. "We only kill to protect, we really mean no harm. Please. Let me go. My family needs me. Without me, they'll be lost." Pain was in her voice. She rarely showed emotion but it was true. Without an Alpha to rule her village, they would all be lost.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:11 pm 

"I'm afraid it's not so simple," Asher sighed. He paced to the back of the tent and picked up a small phial sitting on a crate, holding it gingerly in his palm. "Do you know why I told you they won't stop until they're dead?"

He turned to face her, tossing the small phial in her hands so that she might observe it. Pointing to the object, he continued. "That's a sample of the blood coursing through my Clan. It's half vampire venom, and half human blood. It's the reason we can't be turned, but it's also the reason we hunt you. The venom reacts violently to your presence, it boils and controls us. As long as the bloodlust lingers, the urge to kill your kind is almost irresistible."

"Inversely, I think... I think it tastes exceptionally sweet to you. So the slaughter is returned in kind," he added, flushing as he remembered the comments she made when she bit him. Asher wondered if that experience had changed him- he didn't feel that same bloodlust as he did before. In fact, he was rather calm in her presence now, and almost felt a little protective of Seraphina. He wanted to know what exactly caused this, but didn't include this knowledge to her. After their... encounter... he'd felt like an entirely different man. Even the fever he'd fallen into during their romp in the woods had suddenly dissolved. He searched her eyes, looking for something that told him she knew.

"Seraphina I..."

He trailed off, listening. Something was off. Somehow he felt they weren't alone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:56 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Seraphina held the vile in her hands. What Asher was saying all seemed true. She sighed softly, she could feel a somehow calm around Asher. She looked at him when he went to say something but then he was suddenly silenced by a sudden feeling.

Seraphina stood and faced another man. It was her brother Jax. He was a big man. Seraphina thought that her father was scary, but Jax was worse. He was a tall and very muscular man with blonde hair and deep red eyes. He glared down at Asher and the looked at his sisters wrists and neck seeing them burnt. "What did you do to my sister...?" He threw a severed head to the side and glared down at Asher some more. "I'm going to take my sister back home, and your people aren't going to mess with us ever again... Got it?" He kept the intimidating glare at Asher.

Seraphina stood in between the two. "Knock it off Jax." Her own eyes burnt deeper red, she was growing angry. He knew just as well as she did that the Clan would come for them if they found out that Jax was there to take her back.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:51 pm 

Asher's first instinct was to draw his knives, seeing the massive man enter his tent. The severed head, which he held by the hair, he recognised as a junior scout, and he flinched as it was tossed aside. The man approached and stared him down, and Asher was only moments from taking his head off himself, until he called Seraphina his sister. Asher clenched his jaw, at a loss for how to respond. The vampire was a threat, and even with the way Seraphina stepped in between, he had no intention of backing down.

"I mean her no harm," he growled at Jax, "And it would be wise of you to keep your head low if you prefer to keep it on your shoulders." Asher backed away a couple of paces, and then held his knives in front where Jax could see them, making a show of sheathing them back into his vest. "I have every intention of seeing her home safely, but my hands are tied. I can't stop my Clan from attacking you again, that I guarantee. Nor do I want to see you taking any more heads."

He heard some commotion outside and a scream. The scout's name was cried out, presumably someone had discovered his body. Asher swore under his breath, racing to the opening of the tent and peering outside. There were several hunters gathering around the barracks, and the scout's body was being covered under a dark linen. He closed the flap tightly behind his back and ran his hand nervously through his hair again, hissing a long line of profanity. He could almost feel the rest of his Clan's rage building, and should they see either of these vampires within the camp, there would be no corner of the valley in which to escape their wrath.

He raised his head and spoke to the pair of them urgently.

"You two need to leave. Now."

Without another word, he exited the tent and raced toward the barracks, where the Chief was seeing to the fallen comrade. He pushed through the small crowd, and upon his arrival, several heads turned his way. Their eyes were accusing, and he knew right away what they were thinking. This was his fault. He spotted Zaine storming through the ranks, hunters clearing a path as she walked, her expression contorting somewhere in between rage and grief. She didn't slow as she approached him, and struck him across the jaw, strong enough to send him spinning to the dirt. She didn't stop when he was face down. She picked him back up by the back of his shirt and turned him over, crouching on top his chest and holding her knife to his throat. She pressed into his windpipe- hard- and drew blood.

"Where is she?" Zaine snarled, her injured arm shaking with the force she exerted on him. Asher cracked an eye open and coughed.

"She got away-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE GOT AWAY?" She spat, lifting his torso and slamming him back into the ground with surprising strength. "You were planning this all along, weren't you?! You're one of them now, is that it?" She pulled her knife away from his throat and brought it to his eyes. "You know what we do to traitors, don't you?"

Asher's pained shout reverberated through the camp as she plunged it into his left eye. Many of the hunters looked away, but none made any move to help him. Zaine was their senior huntress, and there was no challenging her. The woman stood, wiping his blood off on her coat as Asher turned over, curling into a ball as his life spilled into the dirt. Zaine launched a final kick to his gut and then strode away. She signalled a small group of hunters, who stood at attention as she addressed them.

"You will follow me now. Asher is a traitorous disgrace. If you ever see him after sunrise tomorrow, you will kill him. Understood?" The hunters nodded slowly, unwilling to question her. "Come."

Zaine led the hunters after the vampires' trail. They couldn't have gone far, and she would show them no mercy. She drew her blades and chased them, fueled not only by her Clan blood, but the jealousy she harboured. She would show that little ****ing what happened to those who took the one who was promised to her, what happened when they turned him against her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Seraphina wanted to run to Asher and help but she knew that this would be her only chance. She sprinted along side her brother. After a while she doubled back and to the Clan once again. She saw that Asher was still laying on the ground in pain. Her dead heart seemed to be in pain for him, she glanced around and saw nobody. She snuck from the shadows and next to Asher on her knees. "I'm so sorry. This is my fault. Tell me what her weakness is and I can stop her. I need to kill her before she kills my family." She stared into Asher's eyes. "Please..." She pushed some of his hair out of the way of his face and licked at a few of his wounds on his face.

Jax had been running and then stopped when he thought of an idea. He sprinted up a tree and hid in wait until they crossed his path. As he saw Zaine zip by he noticed the other scouts following behind. He jumped from his tree and took the scouts out with a single blow and snap of the neck. It was just him and Zaine now. He wanted revenge and he knew that his sister was busy with the other man. So he'd have to be on his tip toes if he wanted to survive this ****ing. He made the first move, tearing after her, grabbing her whole body and throwing it into a tree. The force of the hit made the tree bend and snap.

Seraphina heard the altercation in the distance and knew that it was Jax and Zaine. She started to get worried. She had to stop Zaine before she killed everyone.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:31 pm 

Zaine rolled, trying to shirk away the throbbing pain in her back. She could feel a rib cracked, but her lust for bloodshed drowned it out. The tree snapped and fell forward after her impact, missing her by mere centimetres. She clambered away from her foe, drawing her silver knives. They were her specialty. Unlike the standard hunting knives, hers were hooked at the ends and once she sunk them into her enemy's flesh, it would be more painful for them to tear them out. She loved to see them writhe.

She spat some blood from her mouth and vaulted over Jax, snaring her knives behind each of his shoulders. They each hooked into his muscle and held fast as she mounted his back. Jax was a strong one, however, and the force of her weight pulling against him couldn't quite bring him down. She held tightly to her weapons as she rode the **** off vampire like a tamping bull.

“Go on and struggle,” she growled in his ear, “You can't kill me. You beasts are all the same, and I've got some bad news for you- your head will come off just as easily as the next. You and your pretty little friend.” She giggled maniacally, twisting the blades in his back as she ascended his body, this time coiling her legs around his neck tightly with every intention of snapping it.

-x-x-

Asher could feel his head spinning, and though he laid with both hands pressed into the cold ground, he couldn't tell which way was up. One eye was gushing blood, almost numbed by agony, the other was shut tightly, uncertain where to look. Zaine had performed a sort of mutiny, single-handedly stripping him of any authority he had within the Clan hierarchy. If she weren't occupied chasing Seraphina and Jax, she would certainly go as far as killing him then and there. As she vacated the barracks, Asher wasted no time pulling himself to the outskirts of the camp.

Trembling, his hands were his only guidance. He'd felt his way through some thin foliage, finding a big tree root to settle on. He lifted himself and fell back on it rather unceremoniously. He could feel the blood on his face. He didn't need to see to know that Zaine did a number on him. Grunting and taking a series of forced breaths, he opened his good eye, and was surprised to see Seraphina at his side. She brushed his hair aside and cleared away some of the blood, but he was still a mess and he knew it.

He wanted to shout and push her away. She wasn't supposed to be here. She should be running away. If any of the hunters saw her, she would be killed in an instant.

”Tell me what her weakness is and I can stop her. I need to kill her before she kills my family.”

Asher was quiet for a moment. He knew she meant Zaine, and if he was being honest with himself, he was frankly very **** at her in the present moment. Asher thought back to their training. Zaine was passionate about killing. Nobody had ever bested her in a duel, and that was a fact. The only reason he'd ever outranked her was his ability to perceive when a battle was lost. He knew when to withdraw, to outlast his enemy. While Asher was a patient hyena, Zaine was a kill and run lioness.

“She's injured,” he said, “Make her feel it. She won't realise she's lost until its too damned late.”

His good eye peered up at her. She looked so beautiful in the moonlight. He raised an arm and tucked her hair behind her ear, managing a half-smile.

“I'm no good right now, but I'll survive. Always do. Just take care of yourself, your family will be proper lost without you.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:42 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Seraphina wanted to stay but she knew her brother was in trouble, she could hear a loud shout from him. She looked into the woods and back at Asher.
"I'll come for you... Promise." She kissed his forehead softly and got up turning towards the woods. She dashed off and soon came to the scene.

Jax was struggling for a while until he saw Seraphina in the corner of his eye. She sprinted and drop kicked Zaine off of her brother, grabbed the two knives lodged into his shoulders and tore them out. She didn't hesitate to pin Zaine to the ground after she was thrown into yet again another tree. She let out a snarl, her eyes redder than usual. Jax was standing behind Seraphina but moved to Zaine's head in an instant he was on his knees pinning her shoulders to the ground firmly, using his strength.

Seraphina had all of her weight on the girl, her feet were pinned as well as the rest of her body. "Bad news for you. Your the one who's head will be coming off. Lets see how you like the pain." She took the knives and hooked them into her chest and wrenching them in deeply, hooking some bone in the process. She moved them around violently.

Jax could only smile.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:30 pm 

Zaine felt her whole body breaking, and the knives she'd hooked into Jax were turned against her. Her blood surged as his mixed inside her wounds, and she let out an enraged yell as Seraphina shred her tissue. She thrashed wildly, but between the two vampires pinning her to the dirt she only succeeded in causing herself to bleed even more. In an instant it occurred to her she wasn't winning this one. Her eyes began to fill with tears, and momentarily she wanted to cry out.

No. Her pride wouldn't let her. Zaine believed the only good way to die was to make a final verbal ejaculation that is full of both rage and pain but not tainted in the least by squeals of terror or pleas for mercy. This emerged from her in the form of a howling cackle, and her crazed eyes bore into Seraphina's.

“You look just like your daddy did, when I killed him. You can tell a lot about someone when they're about to die, you know. Daddy cried, 'No, no don't hurt me!' I enjoyed every moment. Ha ha… you're exactly like him.” Her words rolled out in a single hiss, directed only at Seraphina. “Didn't even fight back, dropped him like a fly I did.”

Her lips quivered, and blood trailed out the corner of her mouth. “They'll hail me a hero.”

With the last of her strength, she spat her blood into Jax's eyes. Then, her eyes rolled back and her head fell limp as her heart stopped beating.

-x-

“What do you intend to do with yourself? You bloody fool.” The Chief was busied seeing to his wound, which although Asher was thankful for, he didn't feel he deserved it. He was still exiled, there was no changing that, but the Clan was humble and allowed a mercy of one night before returning would put a bounty on his head. They believed in an eye for an eye- quite literally- and now that he was marked properly there would be no hiding it. His head was wrapped like a mummy. At least the bleeding had stopped.

He didn't respond to the man's question right away because in all honesty he didn't know. The Chief was gutted by this outcome, and rightfully so; the man was like a father to him, and Asher had not only betrayed his trust but had gone and made dog's dinner of everything he'd ever been trained to do.

“Couldn't just put it down, could you?” The Chief sighed. Asher knew his tone of disapproval all too well. He was the favourite, and if he ever cocked anything up, it was a personal affront.

“No, I couldn't,” Asher returned, a little bitterly, “I don't want to kill anymore.”

“What's that boy?”

“I said I won't do it anymore,” he repeated firmly. The Chief pursed his lips, a firm and hard line unwilling to spout praise or support. Asher fully expected it.

“What would your mum say?”

“I don't know. She's long gone. It doesn't matter.” That was it. He knew how to get under Asher's skin, and he'd had enough with the guilt. “Move the Clan. Go kill vampires elsewhere, vampires who done wrong, but not them.”

“You know I can't do that-”

“You can! It's all I ask,” he didn't intend to slam his fist into the table. The sound quieted the tent. The Chief slowly crossed his arms.

“I can't. I won't. And if you choose to defend them, you'll be slain no different from the rest,” he said coldly. The tension was almost tangible between them. Asher fumed- he wanted to argue but he knew it would do no good. So instead he stood, picked up his quiver and bow, and limped outside without another word. He took no glances back as he exited the encampment. Inside he was gutted. He didn't want to fight them, his family, but what choice did he have now? He wasn't exactly fond of the vampires, but he knew they were Seraphina's family, and she was… different.

No matter what he did, there was no stopping these trains from clashing. In the end he despaired nobody would win.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:45 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Seraphina rolled her eyes and with an easy flick of the wrist, she snapped Zaine's neck and ripped it off. Seraphina handed the head to Jax who took it in his hands. He tossed it up and down as if it were nothing to him. His smile was wide and full of happiness. He knew that his father was dead, but he couldn't help but feel content now that revenge had been served properly. He knew his sister well and he knew that she had a plan for the ****ing head. Seraphina stood and took the head from Jax.
"Brother, take the body back to the village. We will have it for dinner tonight." Jax nodded and licked the blood off of his face and almost salivated. Her blood was rich and delicious, he couldn't wait to sink his teeth into her cold and dead body.

Seraphina took the head and walked through the woods with it by her hair. She knew exactly what to do as a warning to the rest of the Clan. Upon arrival, Seraphina sharpened a stick to a point and stabbed Zaine's lifeless head through it, as if she was a pig on a spit of a fire. In her blood she wrote on a nearby tree: "Let this be a warning to all of you!" She smiled to herself. She heard someone limping through the woods, she followed the sound and found that it was Asher. "You're alive!" Without thinking she opened her arms and hugged him. For being a vampire she was short, so only her head laid on his chest. When she realized what she had done, she let go of him and backed up.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:01 pm 

Asher didn't know if her sudden embrace or her war trophy were more unexpected. She felt good there, and for the brief moment her hair brushed under his chin, he found it smelled rather nice. "I told you I would. Always do." He responded to her, but his voice emerged low and tired. He saw where she'd erected Zaine's severed head, and felt little remorse for her fate. She'd brought it upon herself. He felt it likely that nobody would miss her. He took pause when he saw her message.

"That's not a warning, it's a challenge," he said bitterly. He looked down at her again, his brows pressed in concern. "You... want them to come, don't you? The Chief wants to finish the job. I told him to move the Clan but he won't. Not until either side is eliminated." Asher clutched at his bowstring and began limping swiftly away from the grisly scene. He didn't want to be there when the scouts found it. His word was about as useful as a rhech in a jam pot.

"I can't stop them. If they attack, it will be in full force, and they know what to expect this time."

His limp transformed into a frustrated march. He was headed nowhere in particular, but intended to put as much distance between himself and the encampment as he could manage. Leaves crunched under his boots and he vaulted over the gnarled roots, and for a good distance he said nothing as his mind seethed with questions. Where would he go? He couldn't stay around. If he ever crossed paths with the Clan again, they would kill him. He could take up odd jobs, there was always mercenary work around.

He smelled water. His pace slowed, and the trees abruptly thinned when the valley opened up into a lake. The surface shimmered like glass, small waves lapping at the stones scattered on the shore where he finally halted. The air was fresh here, and a small breeze rolled past him. It was amazing how a simple change of setting can clear one's mind. He stood there until his breath slowed and calmed. Then, he unstrung his bow and quiver, laying them between a collection of rocks, threw off his armour and dove bare-arsed into the cold water. The bindings around his head unraveled and floated to the surface.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:50 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Seraphina shrugged. She knew she could take them. But her mind went back to what he had said. She took some water from her canteen and wiped off the lettering from the tree. She decided to keep the decoration there however. She looked around after she was finished and saw that Asher had already left. She followed the sound of his limping footsteps and found him at the lake. She had just gotten there when she saw him dive in catching a small glimpse of the nudity. She noticed that the sun was about to come up, so she put her hood from her cape up over her head and sat in a shady spot under a tree. She wanted to go with him. To be held by him. But she couldn't, she never could. For once in her life, her heart ached for someone who wasn't apart of the family. She knew that it was dangerous, but another part of her said that she didn't care. Not in the slightest.

Seraphina gave a small sigh as she rested her head against the trunk of the tree, and watched as the sun lazily started to rise over the trees. She knew her people would be either resting or just inside their homes. She wondered about Jax, her mind was racing with questions about Asher that would more than likely go unanswered. She gazed at him and then back onto the sun. She hated that something so beautiful could be deadly to her. In a way, she envied the humans. Prancing around in the heat, having fun splashing and playing. While she had to sit from afar and watch in the darkness. Sometimes she hated her life. And sometimes she hated herself.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:20 am 

The sun had illuminated the surface of the lake in the same moment Asher emerged. He wasn't certain how long he remained under the water. It was like being suspended in time- no sounds, only a cloudy and cold abyss. He didn't think- he didn't need to. His good eye opened and had gazed up at the surface. What was waiting for him up there?

He broke the surface and threw back his hair, now freed from the blood and dirt and sweat. It was refreshing. If only it were as easy to wash away this new mess he was in. He turned his head and saw Seraphina waiting on the shore. She had followed him. He squint against the sun. Why was she still here? He pushed forward and swam back out. He collected his armour and slipped the bottom half on before joining her under the tree. She was sitting against it with her cape drawn over her, shrouding her face. Asher tilted his body slightly, trying to find her eyes. Something troubled her. He frowned and set his possessions aside.

Without a word he laid in the grass and crawled over her, his bare chest dominating her small frame. He slid his hand into her hood and cupped her cheek, pulling her forward and kissing her with unreserved ardor. He didn't care if it was wrong, or if anyone were even watching. Right now it didn't even matter what happened the night before. He broke and pulled back. He didn't need both eyes to enjoy the sight. An innocent smile played at his lips.

"Couldn't get enough of my ugly mug, could you?"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:57 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Seraphina was taken by surprise when he came to her and kissed her. Without a trace of fear even. She was surprised. She may have had sex with him but this kiss was different. It was as if he cared about her on a different level. For once in her life, her heart fluttered. She had no idea what it meant. And for once, the strong hearted vampire melted with a single touch. She never knew that two colliding species could feel this for each other without restrictions and no care of rules.

When Asher broke the kiss, a smile formed on her red lips.

"Well compared to me you are pretty hideous." She said sarcastically and shot a wink. She shook her head with a smile and looked back up at him.

"Would you like me to fix your face? I do have to be honest, that look isn't good for you." She laughed softly. Something she usually didn't do unless she was killing someone she hated.
----

From afar, Jax was watching. He cringed at the kiss that he witnessed. He couldn't believe this. Without him coming into save her, the human would've killed her yet she was still with him. He was enraged. She turned and sprinted back to the village in anger.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:27 pm 

“Why, have I got something on my face?” he teased her back, pecking at her neck and then rolling onto his back beside her. It was too easy to pretend they weren't different at all, and that this stand-still in time could have been their every day encounter. He wished it were. Asher rested his head back and looked up at her from the grass with a sad smile.

He would steal her, if he could.

But, he thought sadly, she had her place, and he had his. Her people needed her. He would only bring her more trouble, and he already had. It was his idea to search this side of the valley in the first place, and her people would still be living peacefully in their own boundaries if he'd never come looking for them to begin with. Her dad would still be alive. He deserved what he'd gotten. He would accept that. Maybe vampires had the fangs and the venom, but humans were the real monsters. The evil which could be found in a man's heart was the worst kind. Even Asher was guilty.

“You have to go back,” he said softly, breaking the quiet.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:37 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Seraphina enjoyed the silence. She loved to be with Asher, but right now, the silence was beautiful. When hr broke the silence telling her to go she shook her head.

"I'm not leaving you..." She said strongly. If he was going to be quiet than she was not.

Seraphina knew she had to go home to her village and her family. But she couldn't bring herself to actually doing it. Every moment away from Asher was a moment her dead heart ached.

She looked at Asher. When she realized that this was not a fight she would win, she let out a sigh and closed her red eyes for a moment before opening them once again.

"Fine... But will I see you tonight...?" She asked hopeful. She wanted to see him. No. She needed to see him. Needed to be with him. She peaked at him from the darkness under her hood and waited for the answer. She was sure that if he wasn't going to come see her, she was going to go to him.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 pm 

He didn't know.

He was at a loss here, and the answer wasn't as simple as “meet me at sundown near the willow tree.” Coming with her was not an option. Even if he was certain she wouldn't try to kill him, she couldn't speak for the rest of her little settlement, no matter how much she assured him she could. He might be able to survive out here in the woods for a while, but eventually, he would need to move on. It was a harsh reality, and a difficult one to swallow for certain, but he wasn't doing either of them favours by living in denial. They would have to part ways eventually.

“Yeah,” he said, managing a smile. He peered up at her, taking her in and savouring the sight as if it were the last time he would see her. For all he knew, maybe it would be. She certainly was extraordinary for such a tiny thing.

“I need to squeeze in a cwtch anyhow. You really know how to tire a man,” he winked up at her. The grass really was quite comfortable, he realised, and he probably could fall asleep right there.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:06 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Seraphina cracked the smallest of smiled and blushed under her hood. She let out a sigh and kissed his lips softly before touching his face once again and then disappearing into the woods towards her village.

Once she had returned she was "greeted" by Jax. His face was almost red.

"What are you doing with him? If it weren't for me, he could've killed you!" He shoved her lightly. She didn't go very far. She looked at the others and saw that they were all heading into their homes for the day.

"It's none of your business Jax. And I suggest that if you want to continue living in our peaceful little home, you keep to yourself. You may be family, but I am the Alpha now." She almost growled out at him. Her eyes blazing red as she shoved past him and into the house. She slammed the door behind her knowing Jax wouldn't follow. He hunted during the day, for trespassers, but mainly food for the family. Jax stormed off into the woods for his daily routine.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:40 pm 

Asher watched her go. He laid back against the tree, a serene landscape before him, and for a moment he could almost pretend he'd died and gone to heaven. Sleep came too easily. His dreams were always the same. Always running, always a repeat of that day, years and years in the past. Always in the same forest, dense and dark, chased by same faceless creatures he knew would surely kill him. Only this time it was different.

He was thirsty- it was a thirst like no other, grasping at his throat and squeezing tightly, nearly suffocating him. He would do anything to make it go away. He could smell it, though, just in front of him, a fountain gushing endlessly with what he needed. All he had to do was open it and drink.

It was making noises, loud and piercing, but he didn't care. He had little room to. The need to drink was at the forefront of his mind, overpowering any curiosity he might have had for the thing. There was nothing more important. He mowed down anything in his way, demolishing fallen trunks and shredding through foliage for his prize. He took it to the ground and wasted no time indulging, the ringing in his ears dulling as he was filled with the sweet wine.

His senses gave way to a pathetic sobbing. Asher paused and decided to look at his prey, and trembled at the sight. It was Seraphina, drenched in her own blood. He reeled back.

Asher woke suddenly, his heart in a panic. It turned cold and seemed to quiver, and he rolled and clutched at his chest in agony. His breath hitched and he gasped for air, and for a moment he was convinced someone had poisoned him. Suddenly, he doubled over on his knees and with a harrowing lurch of his gut, an alarming volume of blood was expelled into the grass.

He paused, clutching at his throat. He could still taste it in his mouth, an awful and thick metallic mixture. He stayed there until his lungs settled, at a loss for what to make of it. The only question in his mind now was “What is happening to me?”

Unfortunately, things had a certain way of sticking it to his needs. He could hear something approaching, something big by the sounds of it. He sprang to his feet and stumbled after his bundle near the lake. He hastily fitted the shirt and vest over it, pulling the hood over his head and then grabbing his bow and quiver. Whatever it was, he didn't want to be found by it. Asher strapped the quiver around his waist and the bow over his torso, forcing himself into an agile retreat into the treetops. Stealth had long been a strength of his, when he wasn't injured, anyway. His leg still protested the strenuous movement, but he knew how to bite down. He found a spot fairly high up, surrounded by numerous bramble. It was an excellent cover, so long as he could remain still.

The thing still approached, and now, Asher was able to identify what it was. Or rather, what they were.

There were numerous men and women making rounds about the woods. Their pace suggested urgency. A man near the front paused and signaled to the rest of them, who immediately laid low and took cover in the foliage. The woods were so quiet you could hear a feather drop. Then, a single movement drew their attention, and the man signaled the team again. Asher recognised the signal with alarm. They were Clansmen, and he hadn't recognised them at first due to their… odd choice of attire. Instead of their normal light armour, they were wearing simple linens. They allowed much lighter and muffled movements, but it wouldn't stop them from being torn apart. What were they doing?

He noticed the shields they carried, and their function had him puzzled. Their surface was almost mirror-like. It was too reflective, and would easily give away their position in a fight. They had them faced toward the ground, however, so what exactly was the point?

Someone else was coming, but they were much more careful about their movements. In fact, he couldn't hear a step they took, but he noticed the movement from afar, watching the scouts watch him. It was Jax. He wanted to shout at him to turn around, but he wouldn't dare move- Asher was in just as much danger from them as any vampire in these woods. He couldn't stop looking at those shields, though. They were no good for camouflage- nobody was stupid enough to be fooled by something like that. If they so much as flashed in the sun, it was like a beacon.

Asher froze. The sun. He peered up, and though he was shielded by the thick boughs around him, he could see it was nearing high noon. The need to warn Jax became even more urgent, but his muscles wouldn't budge. He remained glued to the trunk, his eye transfixed on the scene below.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:01 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Jax noticed something moving and moved to it. He was hunting and needed something to drink. When he was irritated he usually hunted for a while to get away from his thoughts. But as soon as he moved closer to the moving object he soon realized that it was a mistake. The light flashed onto his skin from the shields and it burned his arm. He hissed in pain, when he was busy looking at his wound, he had no time to dodge a silver arrow that flew right to him. It had caught the rays of the sun in it and it had caught on fire. As soon as it landed in Jax, there was no helping him. He immediately went up in flames and burnt to a crisp.

Back at the village, Seraphina was laying on her bed taking a small nap. She was exhausted, so much had happened in the past 24 hours. But what she didn't know was that the chaos just wasn't going to end.

My Character's