All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gone Missing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:28 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

"Love, we had so many plans. Now we just take things one moment at a time. You lead the pace. OK."

Rassa had eaten her fill. "Lets skip desert. I have ice cream and chocolate eclares at home. You want connolies to go?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:51 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)

"Then we might be stuck in one place for a long time? You think you can deal with that?" Rudolph so rarely moved fast anymore. Both physically and mentally. He was just taking it one day at a time usually. Drifting when he felt the need or urge too and just going about his own pace. He had truly become someone without ties or connections. Until he came back here that is. Here where it all started. Here where he had grown up. Here where he had met Rassa.

Shaking his head in answer to her question, he got up slowly, the pain in his leg flaring up once before settling back down. "I am good for now. Ice cream you say? Been awhile since I had that. Is my favorite or your favorite?" The last question was more of a teasing sort of manner since he highly doubted it would be his. That was one of the things they could never agree on. Ice cream flavors. That suited him just fine. He just sneaked his flavor into the house whenever possible.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:17 pm 

Rasa winked at him, "You liked Rocky Road and Cookies and Cream. I like Pralines and Cream. I think you hate butterscotch am I right?"

Rassa knew his pride and never showed pain. He sat back down after standing; showed he was really hurt. She said not a word and let him struggle to get up. The were in public and she just held his right arm for balance. Rassa looked like she was arm and arm with him. "We get home I'll get an ice pack for you." She spoke once the in the vehicle.

"Lay back and enjoy the ride. I am taking you someplace special. Your gonna be in the car a while."

Rassa dives out of the city to the country. The pass a large lake and over a covered bridge. "Do you know where we are?" She stopped the car.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:14 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph appreciated the help from Rassa. Though he would probably never admit that out loud. "You would be right." He was just a bit surprised that she had remembered that. Then again, with all the fights they got into over it, it was pretty much etched into memory. Granted, none of the fights were serious, but that just made them more memorable. The funny ones. The funny moments are what you remember the most it seemed to Rudolph. That and the painful ones.

Leaning back into the car seat, he shut his eyes and just enjoyed the ride. He didn't particularly care where Rassa took them. He was off his feet and that is what mattered in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:01 pm 

Rassa realized he had fallen alseep. He started up the car ad pulled into the garage she added onto the house. Rassa wondered if he recognize the home they dreamed about as teens. The house was part log cabin and part Victorian. They met the owners when boating on the lake. The owners, Mr. and Mrs, Hackney, were fishing and invited Rassa, Rodolph, and two friends of theirs for fish fry and ice cream. The saw the place and wished the owned it. It had a huge wrap around porch with a courting swing. The was a large bay window in the Kitchen. It had several window seats. The bathrooms had large porcelain, clawed feet tubs and toilets. The owners made a huge gentleman's study out of the old kitchen.

"Love. we're home." She gently nudged him

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:08 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph jerked away and nearly slammed himself in the door. He hadn't realized he had fallen on the ride over. It made for a rude awakening to suddenly being nudge when all you saw was darkness. It was a dreamless sleep and he supposed that just made it a lot worse. If it had been a dream, he could have passed it off as that. But this? He couldn't possibly excused himself for this. Looking down at his lap in sheepishness once he realized what he had done, he refused to move. Refused to look at Rassa. He didn't want to see the hurt he was so sure would be on her face. He just couldn't deal with it. Not in the here in now or even in the future. He was starting to wish he had remained awake.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:52 pm 

He didn"t move and it concerned her. Rassa closed the garage remote and the light came on. "Love were home. The bedroom is on the maim floor. You don't have to climb stairs."

Rassa led him into the kitchen. The garage opened to mud and laundry room. A short hallway led to the kitchen. "Go to the den. I have a big leather lif char for you to sit in. The remote adjusts the chair so you can lie down if you want. You want tea with your ice cream."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:22 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

She hadn't noticed. By some miracle of the universe, she hadn't noticed. If Rudolph had been in a happier frame of mind, he would have danced. As it was, he silently got out of the car and closed it as quietly as possible. He winced at the loud bang from Rassa closing her door. In reality, he knew it wasn't that loud, but to him it was. At least his mind could still tell the sounds apart from a gunshot. That was one up side.

Entering the hallway, he followed it to the kitchen. Ignoring Rassa telling him to go to the living room, he stayed right where he was. "Just the ice cream will be fine. That will be enough for me." In truth, he wanted something a little stronger than tea but doubted Rassa would approve of that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:41 am 

"You are in a world of hurt and refuse to tell me.You wont take meds; you want a glass of brandy or whiskey? I got them as a welcome home gift. You know me. I rarely drink unless is a celebration. I have white wine or ameretta and pineapple. Tonight is special you came back from the dead."

Rassa placed the bottles on the counter and two brandy sniffers on the kitchen counter. She removed two desert dishes from an upper cabnet and placed them on the counter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:01 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph just shook his head and moved to pour whiskey into both glasses. Rassa knew him so well. Least the old him. The one before the crash and destruction. He almost wished he had died in that crash. Almost as life wasn't something to really wish away. Even though he did when he was in the cage. Oh how he wished it away then. Anything to stop the pain and the fear. Anything to stop them from touching him.

Repressing a shiver, he knocked back the first shot like it was nothing. As the warmness spread though his stomach he turned to watch Rassa. "Apparently it doesn't matter I refuse to tell you. You know anyways."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:39 am 

Rassa smiled, "I know you better than you know yourself. You are a creature of habit. You always have a night cap before bed. Rudolgh, you drink whiskey after engaging in a fierce battle. I thought you could use one."

Rassa knelt down and took his hands after he set the glass down. "Deep down your still the Rudolph I knew. I will help you find him again. You had to build a fortress to survive." She pours him another. "You are in a dark place and feel very lost. A few drinks will not kill you. You are not alone anymore. When you go to bed do you need a night light? I will leave the the kitchen light on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:24 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"That is just a little bit scary." He hid a ghost of a smile behind his glass. He let the refraction from the glass distort his lips as his eyes study the other. It was true he was a creature of habit. Though some of those habits he did not do anymore. He couldn't do. Not after all those days and months of having them restricted or even refused to him. He couldn't drink anything before bed anymore. No matter how much he wanted that alcohol in his blood to numb the sleep pains. It wasn't worth what happened with it. The dizziness. The not being able to tell up from down. The pounding in his head come morning. The pain the light caused his eyes as his leg seemed to cause pain in sympathy. It all just wasn't worth. So as much as he wanted to pour a second shot of whiskey, he knew that it would be one too many. He was almost already over his limit anyway by about a couple of shots. It didn't sit well to him but at least he had some food in his stomach and was about to get more.

Sitting the glass down, he ground his teeth as Rassa refilled it. That may be the case, but it sure as hell would have felt like it was killing him. Removing his hand from hers, he stalked to the living room. Or stalked as much as possible. "I don't need a damn night light." He did, but he wasn't gonna admit it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:25 am 

That was the old Rodolph; she was mentally trying to compare the old and new personalities. The old Rudolph always used strong language to hide his real feelings. This was new information he revealed. Rassa shrugged,"I have always had a night light in the bathroom. Don't want to stumble around in the dark. I don't always use the lamp by my bed. Look, I may be grown, I hate the dark. I may not be in the house when you wake up. There are horses and animals I feed. You can help if you want or sleep in. Is there anything special you want for breakfast?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:57 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph shook his head slowly. "No. Nothing special for breakfast for me. Just something fast, easy and quick. You know, like a poptart. Or some cereal. Really, it doesn't matter to me Rassa." He wasn't about to mention he hadn't had a real breakfast in awhile. When you moved from place to place and took whatever job you could. Well, it didn't leave much money or time for big breakfasts. Besides, poptarts were yummy any time of the day. Didn't have to be when you first wake up. Moving a bit unsteady on his feet, he waited for his balance to return. Half of it was the alcohol, the other half was just the old injury acting up again. "I think I'm going to head to bed now Rassa."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:44 am 

Rassa listened to him knowing he was not taking care of himself.

"I will get you a bed ready. Last chance Rudolph, you want your own room or share mine. It does not matter to me?"

She knew him not to change his mind once a decision is made. Still she would see if he wanted to change his mind. Deep down she hoped to sleep next to him. A part of her longed to be beside him once more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:12 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"Whichever one is the closest." He really did not care at the moment. Sleep was calling his name. Softly, ever so softly like a lover. Pausing in the living room, he looked back at her, a little lost on where to go. He wanted sleep yet at the same time. He didn't want to fall into the dreams. The nightmares that haunted his sleeping moments. They weren't much different than the ones that haunted his waking hours. The only real difference was the fact he could escape the daylight ones. Not so much the night time ones. "I'm just tired and ready for sleep. Aren't you?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:53 am 

"My bedroom is on the bottom floor, down the hall this way."
Rassa led him passed the living room to what was a large library. "I turned this into a master bedroom. It has a walk-in closet and bathroom with adjustable shower heads and Jacuzzi tub. I loved the old rice bed."
The bed was hand carved, four poster, king sized bed. "My maid-bot prepared the house for me today. The sheets are clean. You will find a set of your pj's in the third drawer of my dresser, waiting for you. Do you need help getting dressed?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:09 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph ignored her and just flopped into bed. "No. I just want to sleep." He could change into PJs later. Or the next night. If he decided to stay that was. There was no guarantee he would stay after this night. No guarantee, but something in the back of his mind said he would. Rassa was here. His Rassa was here and trying to help so hard. If he could just stop pushing her away. But he didn't want to hurt her. Not in the long term. He just wanted her to be happy and safe. If walking away was something he knew would do that, he would in a heartbeat. Yet, he doubted it would. She found him this time. She would find him again and again. Would the repeated heartbreak really be worth it?

Snuggling his face into the soft pillow, he inhaled her scent that was there. "Come to bed Rassa. Please?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:17 pm 

Rassa saw him plop on the bed fully clothed and her beside him. "I will undress first. I want out of these clothes. I will not be long."

She gathered a nighty she saved for the occasion when Rudolph returned and hurried into the bathroom. The singer changed her clothes and brushed her teeth. In five minutes she was by Rudolph's side. "May I remove you shirt or do you want to sleep in it?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:23 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

In the short time that it had taken Rassa to change, Rudolph knocked out. All he had needed was a soft bed and pillow and bam! He was out like a light. Not even a snore came from him as he quietly slept. Rassa could try to get his shirt off, but he just looked so peaceful. She was probably better off just sliding into bed right next to him. Unless she wanted to spend the next possibly thirty minutes trying to coax him back into bed when he woke up in a state of panic as she undressed him. Cause he would flee to a corner of a room faster than roadrunner escaping that coyote character. Okay, maybe not that fast, but close enough. About the only thing she could probably get away with would be taking off his shoes. If she does it slowly and with lots of reassuring words that he was safe and she wasn't gonna hurt him. Strange things can enter dreams so whose to say that her words won't?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next