All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gone Missing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:37 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Rassa wiped the butter on her mouth with a cloth napkin. "I have a surprise for you. Stay with me. I have plenty of room. I am home for a while. We will make a new CD. That means fresh material and will take months. Who knows your here and alive? Besides me." She whispered.

She hopped he had not reported in. Three months..maybe made the military think him dead. I hope they wont be looking for him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:18 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)

"Just about the whole town. So I imagine a good portion of the surrounding area knows too." He only winced a little at that. It had been a mistake coming back to this place. A place where he was so well known. A waiter drifted past carrying someone else's food and Rudolph breathed the scent of garlic and herbs in. His mind drifted back to happier times. Before the accident and when he and Rassa were actually a couple. Maybe that was way he had come back. Despite the risks of being recognized and more people knowing he was alive than he cared to have known, this place still held happy memories for him. Happy memories he wanted to relive again and again cause he didn't believe he would ever have a happy time again.

"No. I'm good Rassa, really. I have a place to keep dry and a bed to sleep in. I don't want to impose on you. Especially when you are working." He took a sip of his water as the waiter came back with the empty tray and towards the kitchen. He hoped their food was next to be brought out. He didn't trust Rassa not to start gnawing on her in her hunger. A laugh escaped his lips at the thought, though it was quickly followed by his eyes widening in surprise. That was something the old Rudolph would have thought. Maybe Rassa was right. Maybe he wasn't as dead and buried as Rudolph had previously thought.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:06 pm 

"Was that a bit of laughter. I hope I see more of that. Impose darling, parish the thought. I would love the company. I will give you a hint. I live in the country. Its quiet and all familiar to you." Rassa sipped her wine and sat back. "I missed you so much. Your here. Pinch me. Tell meI am not dreaming. If not for my stomach. I snacked and had a small breakfast. What did you do today?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:23 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph looked at her and refused to pinch her. Nope. He knew for a fact she wasn't dreaming so why pinch her to begin with. Shifting in the seat, making it creak slightly, he looked down at his partially eaten dinner roll. "Walked around basically. Scrounged a few bits and pieces to sell. Begged." He shrugged slightly, not sure how much to actually reveal about his character now. The old Rudolph would have never begged. Him on the other hand? It was how he almost made his living till he found some kind of temp job and then moving on. "And the country sounds nice, but..." He shuddered to remember how quiet it could be. He needed the noise of the city or town. Something to prove he wasn't the only human there. Wasn't the only person out there in the big scary world. Maybe having Rassa recording so close by would help. Maybe it wouldn't. He didn't want to find out and yet he did. His thoughts were a confusing mess and he sit quietly trying to sort them all out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:17 pm 

Rassa was happy once dinner was served. She noticed he barely ate his roll. He said he was not hungry. "Please stay the night. I will give you your own room or share mine. There is no commitment and I won't pressure you to staying. You'll be off the streets and live rent free. I need the company. I want to help Rudolph. Help you adjust till your ready to return to society. I will gradually introduce to people. Look. it hasn't been a bed of roses for either of us. I care about you. I know your unsure and find it hard to make decisions. Lean on me. Just a little while. You look so lost."

Beg, Rudolph never begged. He has been through something. What? Whatever it was has him very lost and unable to cope.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:53 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph sighed and closed his eyes. He didn't even really see the food in front of his face even though his stomach made a low growling sound. He wasn't hungry but he wasn't one to turn away food when it was there. Who knows when his next meal might be. His next drink was easy. He always had plenty for that. Food was a little harder to come by. "If it would stop you from pressuring me, I'll stay with you. Just one night though. I don't think after that you will let me stay." The screams would probably frighten her or if not...Rudolph was a bit scared that one of his wild punches might accidentally connect and he would be out on his butt for it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:55 pm 

"What, bad dreams? That is expected. Glad you warned me. I will know to be cautious. You can sleep as late as you want. What would like for breakfast? Cinnamon rolls , French toast, eggs and bacon? As I remember you liked coffee with cream and sugar. I have Italian creamer and hazelnut flavoring. How bad is you leg? I don't want to accidentally hurt you."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:05 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"You could say that." Bad dreams. Jumping at shadows that aren't really there. Just barely falling asleep only to jerk back awake again. How every sound both comforted him and scared him half to death some nights. He started to slowly munch on his spaghetti, twirling it around his fork before sticking it in his mouth. "Some days bad. Some days good. I'm not gonna break if you touch it Rassa." He speared a meatball and chewed it slowly. Rudolph shut his eyes for a moment as he enjoyed the taste. "As for breakfast, just a bowl of cereal will be fine." He didn't want her going to any trouble over him. Not that would stop her from doing so, but he could try.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 pm 

She took a few bites satiating her hunter. "I am sorry your going through things badly." She knew Post trauma was unbearable. "I'll get you through this. Its with you for life. You won't face you demons alone. Not any more. They are real to you. Glad to know I don't want to hurt you. Anything you want to know? Rudolph, I wont laugh at you."

She sipped more wine and slowed eating. She figured he was held prisoner. She didn't have to ask. The last five years were stolen from him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:36 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph just shook his head slowly. He just focused on eating his meatballs and spaghetti, ignoring the pain in his leg. Now that he had been sitting for awhile, the muscles seemed to have gone numb and the pain was a little less. Though he knew that would change when they got ready to leave. It never seemed to really go away, the pain. No matter how much movement or heat was applied to the affected muscle, it was still there. Lurking in the wings. Just ready to remind him of the hell he endured for nearly five years. "You say that now, Rassa. But I'm afraid to hold you back from your life. You have so much more to get out of life. Don't let me hold you back. You have to promise me that...Please." He would beg if he had too. He wanted happiness for Rassa and even if that never came to him, the least he could was make sure it came to her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:27 pm 

"My happiness is with you. Your not holding me back. Your young, the leg will heal. You can travel with me. Rudolph you pushing me away. Look at you, you scared of you own shadow. You need me right now. This is not the end for you. Please give me a chance? I do not want to loose you. I know a more was taken from you. Mentally your a wreck. Lean on me. Till your ready to face life. Your not ready to be on your own. We'll take things slow and at your pace. You need caring for. Let me help."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:05 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph just shook his head. He did it more of out of looking for something to do than in any sort of argument. Rassa had her teeth sunk in and no amount of talking would make her give it up. In fact, should he just continue to resist, he would probably still find himself out at her place. After all, she had the keys to the car still and Rudolph did not fancy a walk home. He would rather sleep in the alley behind the restaurant. "What if I'm never ready Rassa? What will you do then? What if I keep you from an opportunity? You have to promise that you will come first. Especially if I'm being a stupid pain in the ass about something. You know I can be. After all, who was that convince you to help me pour jello into the officer's coffee?" A faint smile tugged at his lips from the memory that flashed across his mind.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 pm 

"That was funny and the time we filled the new resurrects lunch with maggots and grubs. Ewww. The looks on their faces was priceless. You playing what if's with me. Stop being negative. What if your seeing things that are not there. I can tell you if something there or not. I can wear earplugs if that squishy stuff and not wake up. I can buy two mattresses and put them side by side. You can trash around. I wont wake up. If your never ready, your here aren't you. You feel fear and go on. Your not parallelized yet. A bit worried, depressed and in pain. We both can be asses and stubborn. If thing get real bad I will take you a doctor you have to take a pill. You will cope. Maybe feel less anxious. We take a trial give me thee months. When is your lease up? If your never ready, you live in my place and get around the clock care. We come to that if we have to. Right now you have a roof over your head and no bills. You can watch TV, play games, nothing violent reading, spent time net surfing,go fishing, sailing, horseback riding, even have a dog or cat, fish, turtle, anything but a snake. I hate snakes. I even help you move."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:00 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph actually laughed. It was quick and did not last long but it was a laugh. A genuine, one hundred percent laugh. "Okay, Rassa, okay. You win this one. Just stop trying to convince me okay? Three months." He held up three fingers as he said that. His lips were definitely in a wide grin and not just a ghost of one either. "That is all we have got okay? If I decide for whatever reason, it just isn't working, I will leave. The compromise there is I will write to you. No matter where you are, I will write a letter to you every week at the very least." In a gesture that was very much the old Rudolph, he reached across the table and grabbed her hand. Bringing it to his lips, he planted a light kiss on the back of it. "My lease is up whenever I don't my rent. No questions ask. No payment, and I'm gone. Those are the rules. I have nothing of value there so we don't need to stop there." And he didn't want her to see where he was living. It wasn't the best of places and certainly no place for Rassa to be. It was just barely okay for him to be there. Being a cripple did have some advantages. As bad as those advantages were.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 am 

"I will agree to thee months. You promise to keep in touch with me. I will give you a intergalitic phone if you leave. I lost you once. I was going in sane not to find you. I don't want to go through that again. Promise me I don't have that worry."

She was touched he kissed her hand, and did not move it. "I love you. The man before me is broken. Rudolph, you will find yourself piece by piece. I will at least try to to restore you. If only you had a reset button."

She chuckled.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:50 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"Then life would be like a videogame." Taking back his hand, he started eating. "Which means I could reset and never crashed. Or failing that, I could go back and make sure I died. Then I wouldn't have had...have had..." A lump had formed in his throat, making it difficult to talk. Picking up his glass, he swallowed some water to work it away. Or attempted to at any rate. It barely slide past the imaginary obstacle currently occupying his windpipe. "Let's....Let us talk about something else. Your music?" That was a good change in topic. A safe change in one too. One where he wouldn't have to go back to his recent past. One he was interested in hearing about from her point of view.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:43 am 

Oh your gonna need a lotta help my dear. Your really having trouble. Good your drink water. Breath..breath..."My music. I picked back up after I got out the service. I saw no reason to reenlist. I came back here. You're the reason I made a hit song. Well me and the band. I got us together one night after Lester's ( Less) birthday party. Ray, Chester, Less, Gifford, Loraine, and I started playing and singing. We wrote a CD, in several months and we made a hit. The company Leetus R signed us on. We signed a contract and for 3 years ew've been touring. I could take hours telling you about the places we've traveled. Been tiresome and fun. Glad to be home after a year. The next step is record another CD. Your in luck. I will take a break for a month and when the CD is finished, we go back on tour. In a nut shell is the or was the plan."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:41 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"And if I was unable to go on tour with you?" He speared another meatball and popped it into his mouth. She was speaking greek to him though he did know the names at least. Those were familiar to him. The former pilot had no idea there were so much involved in making a CD let alone a hit band. The fact that Rassa had made it work for her was no surprise to him. He had always believed that Rassa could do anything she set her mind too. Though this time, Rudolph thought with dry humor, it seemed to be making him better. The pilot doubted he would ever be fully back to him old self and he wondered just how okay Rassa would be with that. In some ways, there were both older. In others, they were still the young, ace pilots in love. "Did I change the plan any?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:28 pm 

Rassa smiled at him ,"Yes. Your in my life. If your able to travel or not well make arrangements. I won't leave you on the streets to fend for yourself. Not really, My plan was to get out anyway. I hoped we marry and have kids. Least that was my plan. Did you have any? You spoke of travel and wanted to fix the Old Mill house by the lake. A few miles from the covered bridge we picnic. fished and skinny dip in summer. Remember the sultry lazy Summers. We dreamed of owning the place. How you'd fix it up. Drinking sweet long island iced tea in the huge wrap around porch. There was plenty of land for a swimming pool, gardens, horses, and 4 kids. Two boys and two girls. You dreamed of two hunting dogs. I want the house furnished with antiques. You have a gentleman's study, books, globe. and marble chess set. We saw a marble set in the 2nd hand store. You wanted that set so badly. Then you were so happy you purchased your firs motorbike. Just as excited I was to get the red covertable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:06 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph listened to Rassa as she thought back to happier times. Times before the war and the crash. Times before they joined up with the air force. Times when they were both young and carefree. The world hadn't catered to them, but they sure thought it did. There was nothing they couldn't do. Nothing they couldn't accomplish together. Times change though and war brings out the worse in everyone. Or maybe not the worst, but certainly nothing good. He continued to eat slowly, wanting to drag it out as long as possible. He liked hearing Rassa speak of the past. Liked hearing her voice. It was soothing and gentle to him. Maybe that was why he hadn't been able to resist going to the bar tonight. Cause he knew where it would lead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next