All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:06 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The mage student was in her last class of the day. The lecture of Master mage Hubbar lulled the girl to sleep. She awoke to the rapping of a staff on the wooden floor."Miss Lyons what is the answer to my question?"
Kate sat up straight and looked around her. She first saw the orb that glowed bright orange on the teacher's staff. "Can you repeat the question?" She spoke in a startled, high pitched voice.
A tenor voice replied, "The question is where do lay lines come from?"
A rasping knock pierced the classroom. All in the room Tturn their heads toward the back of the room. A boy enters. "Sorry to interrupt. I bear a message for a Miss Katherine Lyons."
Kate accepts the letter and reads it to herself.
My dear niece,
I have a graduation gift for you. No doubt by now you a full mage by now. You will find your gift at warehouse 7. I have prepared him just for you. I can't go into detail. He was taken from me and trained to fight by Lord Draco. If you can save him; he is yours.

Best of luck,
Aunt Melora
Kate quickly gathered her book. "Sir, I must be excused. It is a matter of life or death."
The teacher nodded, "You are dismissed. Happy Winter Fest."
Kate rushed out of the room. She spoke back as she was nearly running."Happy Winter Fest." She picked a few medical supplies from the infirmary as she left the mage guild school. She spied her father's driver by her father's carriage. Kate ran toward him brethless,"Please take to the wharf. Hurry!" Kate shoved the letter in his hand. The driver hurriedly opened the carriage door and helped her inside. He climbed on board and whisked the horses toward the wharf. Kate sat nervously until the carriage stopped. She flung the door opened she carried a satchel filled with potions, trinkets, and bandaged. The mage recognized the warehouse guard. "Sir Eldrch please tell me where a package for Katherine Lyons can be found."
He gave her a polite bow. "Right this way." He spoke to another worker and lead her to the animal pens. "Here we are number three. The cage says Beware."
Kate sees a huddled figure wrapped in burlap. Odd this thing is wrapped in wire. Why did she put HIM in the animal pens. She asked the guard for wire cutters and peeled back the crude wrapping. Before her was a man in thread bear pants and shirtless. Upon closer inspection, the girl sees he has been beaten; whipped to the bone; and his face a bloody mess. Kate was forced to hide her nose with her arm as she placed a woolen cloak over his shoulders. "Are you alive?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace