All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possessed (Me and Tidfe)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:12 am 

Medals: 3
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

From the outside, Mori looked like an ordinary city. Fair-sized population, low crime rate, nice looking buildings. At first glance, it looked like a nice town to live in.

But, as soon as one moved in, they would find out the issues with this town. The main problem was the recent incidents that followed with death within the town. The police couldn't find a connection between the victims, and it was put off as freak accidents. Unfortunately, the rest of the town thought differently. They feared a curse that was slowly killing off cityfolk, and this forced more than a few families to leave their homes and move away for their own safety.

Enough about the depressing stuff! Let's get to the 'main attraction' of the neighborhood, a young woman named Kiki. She wasn't what most people called 'normal', given her indifferent attitude towards most things as well as her appearance. Kiki reminded many kids of Wednesday Adams, with her pale skin and dark hair.

At school, she wasn't popular. On the contrary, she was the one who got the short end of the stick. A few minutes before classes started, Kiki was walking over to her locker when one of her classmates stuck out his foot, sending her toppling facefirst into the lockers with a loud clang. She pushed herself off the cold metal, rubbing her face as the nearby kids laughed. "Move it, freak!" The one that tripped her sneered. She didn't seem to react to him or his posse, and she reached down and started picking up her books patiently.

Appearing annoyed that the girl didn't notice his tormenting, he kicked the books out of her hands and scoffed, heading over to his class downstairs.

Kiki let out a sigh, dusting off the shoe prints from her book covers. This happened way too often to her, but she got used to it. The only thing was, the bullies usually didn't keep bullying her after...

As if on cue, a loud yelp echoed though the hallway, followed by multiple loud crackling thuds and one booming thwack. All at once, loud screaming and shouting made Kiki drop her books and run to the stairwell to see the gorey sight. The bully lay at the bottom of the steps, his neck twisted unnaturally and a pool of blood forming under him. All around him were other students, eyes huge and faces pale. One of them was already on the phone with the hospital. Kiki swallowed, backing slowly away from the scene. Why did this always have to happen to her??

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:27 am 

Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Mags looked quite respectable in her clean, navy blue blouse and pale grey slacks. Her long, silver colored hair was braided into a neat little bun on the top of her head and her glasses were perched on the end of her nose. Not that she needed them, but she had found out the lucky way a few times they could stop things from hitting your eyes directly. The rumors did nothing to deter her as she head straight for the headmaster's office to let them know she had arrived okay and to double check where she was suppose to be teaching.

Freezing at the yelp, she changed direction and charged toward the stairwell. Seeing the dead student, she shook her head and looked up to see what might have caused the fall. She was just in time to spot a dark haired girl leaving the area. Mags watched her with narrowed eyes. Funny how she seemed to be the only student leaving the area while the rest gathered like a pack of wolves to the slaughter. Or did until the teachers started to appear and shooed everyone off to class. She heard one of them say quietly, "Not another one" while another said "What shall we do now?" Apparently this wasn't the first time something like this had happened and Mags curiosity was piqued.

Just cause she was forced to move to this town, didn't mean she couldn't make the most of it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:44 am 

Kiki brushed the hair out of her eyes, slipping into the classroom before the rest piled in. She took her seat in the back corner, silently placing her books on the desk and opening her notebook. It was filled with sketches, but of what exactly, no one but her could be sure. They were almost like the ink blots a psychiatrist would show crazy people, but it was more planned out than that. It was of something shadowy and smokelike, almost like a ghost.

Once everyone else came in, she quickly flipped to a different page. She didn't need to add more fuel to the ever growing fire that was people's suspicion in her. The students merely stared at her, scooting their desks away if they were forced to sit adjacent. "Do you think SHE did it?" "No one saw her by the stairs when it happened, but it wouldn't surprise me" "She should go to a mental ward and stay locked up there"

Kiki merely looked down at her paper, her thin, tiny hands taking hold of her pencil, and she started drawing to keep her annoyance at bay. It wasn't as if those comments didn't happen every day, but it grated on her selfesteem as it was.

3DS Friend Code: 1006-0072-9888

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:03 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags rushed into the classroom, only a few hairs out of place. Setting down the pile of papers she was given, she glared at her students. A teacher's glare. Not a murderous one. Yet anyway. Who knew if these students would be from hell or heaven. Maybe someplace in between. Either way, she rapped the desk with her knuckles sharply as her eyes finally made their way to the back of the room. They widen ever so slightly as they noticed the girl from the stairwell. All the teacher could think was that fate either must really hate her or really loved her. Either way, the mysterious girl was here and using her resources (which may or may not be legal), she could find out more about the girl with the pale skin and dark hair.

"Attention. I'll be your teacher this year. Now, some of you may have heard or seen what happened today in the stairwell. While unfortunate, classes will not be canceled for the day. However, should you feel the need too, there will be a grief counselor here on site starting at 11am." She turned toward the board and picking up the marker, begin to write down the details on where and when the counselor could be reached. "If anyone has any questions or..." She turned back around and stared straight at Kiki. "Any information, my door is also open. Now. Please pull out your math books and we will get started."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:22 am 

Kiki's eyes turned up from her notebook for a moment when the teacher came in. This new teacher seemed different from the others; not quite as boring. One could suppose this class would be more interesting for it, but Kiki could care less. All she wanted was to get home and curl up in bed. She didn't want to deal with any of the looks she was being given.

Calmly doing as she was told, she opened up her book and started to do the problems. The others, however, must have decided that she needed MORE problems on her plate. One boy was chewing on a wad of gum, and promptly put the dripping substance in the opposite end of a straw and blew it at her. Her pencil paused as the gum made a wet plop when it landed in her hair. Lifting her eyes slightly, she felt for the foreign obstruction, holding back a shudder as she touched it. It was pretty stuck. With a small sigh, she raised her hand. "Teacher, may I please go to the bathroom?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:57 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags hadn't missed that. Oh no. You can bet she hadn't. Nodding to Kiki but holding up a hand to ask the girl to wait a few mintues, she stood up and walked towards the boy who did it. Turning slowly in a circle, she looked at all the students. "If you have gum, please spit it out now. There will be no more gum chewing in this classroom from now on. If you are looking for someone to blame..." She gestured with her hand, making it clear who was to blame without actually calling out a name. "I do not tolerate bullying in my classroom. Rather I catch it or not, if you come to be with a bully problem, it will be dealt with without mercy. Do I make myself clear?" A couple of the students meekly nodded as she turned her attention to the boy with the accurate aim.

"As for you. Since you like trajectory so much..." She grinned and taking his notebook, wrote down a time during lunch. "Come to me then. I'll give you some extra homework dealing with flight paths and physics that I want completed and handed in tomorrow." Sitting the notebook back down, she moved over to Kiki. "Do you need any help dear? I'm afraid I did not see where it landed."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:31 am 

Kiki lifted her head in surprise at what she was hearing. For once, the kid was going to get scolded? When did that ever happen? The bully gave a nod, though it was clear he was ticked off by it. None of the other teachers really reacted to Kiki getting messed with. So why was this one? Didn't she know what she was defending? Once the teacher turned, the boy stuck his tongue out at her back, causing Kiki to give him an arched brow. Really, he couldn't act his age, even after getting in trouble? Such maturity for a teenager.

She looked up at the teacher with seemingly innocent icy blue eyes, though there was an almost unheard of understanding in them. It was as if she had accepted all that had happened to her, and all that would happen to her, and was simply surprised that anyone would stand up for her. All of which was true. Kiki tilted her head slightly, pointing to the pink wad sticking to the lower part of her hair. It was terribly sticky, but not so entangled that she would need to have a shorter hairstyle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:15 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags silver eyes looked into Kiki's blue ones and would swear she saw the weight of the world in that little girl's eyes. Dragging her eyes to the gum, she shook her head and gestured towards the door. "You may go to the bathroom now. If you need any help, please come back and I'll help you out." Giving her a reassuring smile, Mags moved back to the front of the classroom. Picking up the marker, she turned towards the room, eyes searching the students for any possible signs of mutiny.

"I trust there will be no more incidents now. Please solve this equation that I'm about to write on the board. You have ten minutes from the time I finish it and you must turn in your work at the end of the ten minutes. Rather you are finished with it or not. While this is not for a grade, this is going to let me know where I should start off in the math book." Since one of the student were so keen on math, she decided to start off with that. A quick glance at her class roster, and she took a stab at the girl's name. "Kiki? You do not need to worry about this problem if you come back after the ten minutes. Like I said, this is just a measurement exercise." Turning mostly away from the gathered students, she started to write down one of the millennium problems on the board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:38 am 

Kiki gave a quiet nod, standing up and heading to the bathroom after the teacher was done talking. Some of the classmates grumbled to themselves, but were mostly quiet as they started on the math.

In the bathroom, Kiki let out a sigh, picking at the pink goo in her hair until it mostly came out. It would have been fine if it didn't stick out so much on her black hair. After a bit, she glanced up at her reflection. Though she had the body of a 16 year old, which looked like the body of a 12 year old, those eyes of hers made her look decades older. It wasn't her fault that she was picked on, or maybe what the others said was true. Maybe she WAS a monster.

Suddenly, movement caught her attention, and drew her eyes away from, well, her eyes. A dark figure could be seen in the mirror, and it grinned sharp white fangs at her, but she didn't react other than glancing at it in the reflection. "This is all your fault" she muttered, eyes narrow. The grin faded, and she could feel the room grow colder, so much that she could almost see her breath. She shivered, hugging herself, when suddenly the mirror shattered as if something, or someone, punched it. She lept back, letting out a sharp noise of fear. He was mad; he wasn't nice when he was mad...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:01 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags looked up from her desk, a chill passing over her for no reason. Something was wrong, she could feel it. The strange thing was, she couldn't place her finger on it. It was like the thing wasn't actually here that was making her so uncomfortable. Then again, she could always chalk it up to nerves. New job, new school, new students and even new problems. All could account for the feeling that was slowly building in the pit of her stomach. Or it would if she didn't feel like she had one foot already in the grave.

Glancing at her watch, she looked out at her students. "Five minutes." Five minutes. Five minutes since Kiki had gone to the restroom. Five minutes for her to try and get that gum out of her head. A lot could happen in five minutes. Nothing could also happen in five minutes. Her mind flashed back to the student this morning. Laying in the stairwell, neck bent at such an awkward angle. Her instincts were going wild and she didn't know how to understand half of them. All she knew was she had felt a chill and now there was a pit of dread in her stomach. She would Kiki a few more minutes. Just a few more minutes until she went to check on her. Until she tried to convince herself that nothing was wrong and she was just being jittery for now reason whatsoever.

Those minutes seemed to stretch for eternity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:15 am 

"Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!" was all she could whisper, backing away from the mirror as the occasional shard fell out into the sink. "I-I'm sorry!" she squeaked, eyes darting around to try and see the **** being. 'As if he would ever show his face in public...' she thought, trying to wet her dry lips. The shadowy monstrosity never showed himself, or maybe itself, except to her when she was alone. But that wouldn't stop him from destroying property to get his way.

"Relax! Please relax! You wouldn't want me getting hurt, would you?" Her pale face was paler still as she looked around hopefully. For all that he had done, he never hurt her, even going so far as to pull her out of harms way. The room seemed to feel the slightest bit warmer, as the being relaxed a tinge. She sighed with relief, glad he would be calm for a while. Hopefully.

Back to the classroom she went, but she still looked off. Well, more off than normal. "Teacher, I don't feel so good. Can I go to the nurse and get an absence note?" She held her stomach as if she had the flu. But in all reality, there was a far worse threat hanging over her than a mild stomach virus.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:23 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags looked up at the tone of Kiki's voice. Seeing how her skin was paler enough to actually make it seem like her eyes were nothing but dark sockets and the way she held her stomach. It spoke volumes to the teacher. Nodding her head, she reached over to feel Kiki's forehead, not even thinking that wasn't a normal action at all for a teacher to do to a student. "You do seem a bit warm. Please go. I'll copy down any homework for the day and your parents can pick it up at the end of school."

Clapping her hands loudly, she turned toward the other students. "Okay. Time to hand in the papers!" Looking back at Kiki, she darted her eyes once to the strange girl's desk. "Would you like to take your stuff now or wait until you have your note?" She had no doubt that the nurse would give the girl a note. She felt feverish and did not look so hot. Even if it turned out to nothing serious, trying to go through school with a stomachache was just like asking for the student to be distracted from lessons. Mags did not like preventable distractions and would do all in her power to prevent them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:50 pm 

Kiki couldn't help but jolt when the teacher put her hand on her forehead. Both the action, AND the possibility of harm towards the teacher made her even more sick. After all, the spirit that held her prisoner in her own mind was a very jealous being. Thankfully, though, the spirit didn't seem to think bisexual pedophilia existed, so nothing happened. Thank the heavens.

Kiki gave a nod, muttering "I'll take my things now, thank you" She did so without any interruptions, probably because everyone thought she might start barfing green goo like in the Exorcist. The spirit wasn't that evil to cause Kiki such discomfort.

Out the door of the school she went, releasing her pent up breath in one burst. No one else would get hurt, no one would TRY to egg her on, everything would be ok. At least, everything except her.

She walked home in silence, looking at the other houses standing so peacefully, everything nice and neat, where it was supposed to be. Not like her own home, nothing like her own home. As much as her mother wanted to keep things normal, it just wasn't possible. She kept going, but a flash of color caught her eye. It was a flower stand of which she had familiarized herself with, since she was a regular customer. She approached one of the only human beings that acted normal in front of her and around her and calmly held out a few hundred yen. "One rose please." The man glanced over at her, then smiled and plucked a rose from the vase and replaced the bills with the flower. "For your father?" he asked calmly, putting the money in the register. Kiki gave a little nod, smiling softly for once at the thought.

She kept going, rose in hand, all the way to the suburbs of the small city. There the houses looked all alike, and Kiki was just fine with that. After all, if they were different, people might know just what house they needed to egg and toilet-paper on a daily basis, and her mother didn't need to deal with any of that. She was on edge as it was!

Before heading into the house, she went over past the old well to a small chiseled stone. Right in front of it was a picture of a rather handsome young man with square glasses that sat on the bridge of his nose. Just the smile he had made Kiki feel warm, and she smiled in return. "Hi Dad. I.... WE.... miss you" she said softly, placing the rose beside the picture gently. Why did he have to go in the prime of his life? Leaving a shaken widow and a young daughter alone in the world?

"Mooom! I'm home!" she called as she walked in, instantly being responded by a sharp squeak and the clattering of a knife onto a cutting board. "Oh... Hi honey...! Stomach ache again?" the seemingly frazzled woman asked, picking up the utensil again to keep chopping vegetables for dinner. Just one look at Kiki's mother was enough to see where she got her pale complexion and black, black hair. She was always so smiley and sweet, now a shaking mess since her husband died over a year ago. It was either that, or the fact that her daughter had.... changed.

"What would you like for dinner?" she asked, brushing her bangs back behind her ear with a shakey hand. Kiki walked past her and headed up the stairs. "I'm not really hungry. I'm going to bed" The woman let out a soft sigh, looking back down at the cutting board. They hadn't had a family meal in months.

With a sigh, Kiki flopped onto her bed, allowing her book bag to fall where it may. 'A new teacher, a new death.... what else could happen today?' she wondered, getting under the covers. Just as she was settled in, she felt the blankets shift, and the slight pressure of what felt like arms wrap around her loosely from behind. She shut her eyes tight, knowing that she could never escape this demon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:21 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags watched her steadily. Only now did she realize that the pit of dread in her stomach was starting to lessen. Wondering why, she took in the math papers and set them aside. As Kiki left, she turned to the clock and set the students to reading. "We will discuss once I get back. I have to go check on something." Standing up, she glided out the door, closing it quickly behind her. It wasn't like she had lied to her students. She really had to check on something. The fact that something had nothing to do with schoolwork was where the implied lie was.

Getting turnaround only once, she managed to find the bathroom that Kiki most likely used. Taking deep breath, she opened the door and look into the room. Everything was as it should be. The walls weren't coated in blood. The toilets weren't trying to flood the place. Just as she turned around, she looked towards the ground and spotted a tiny sliver of something. Picking it up, she realized it was a piece of glass. Looking at the mirrors, she studied each one in turn.

They all looked normal. No cracks. No splinters. Nothing to indicate one of them had broken to leave this little shard. Reaching out, she touched the mirror that Kiki had looked into and yelped. Drawing her hand away, she saw the blood well up along a small cut on the tip of her index finger. Sticking the appendage in her mouth, she sucked on it as she turned her head to glance at the mirror out of her peripheral vision. Where looking at it straight on there was nothing but a smooth surface, the look from out of the corner of her eye told a different story. Mags saw it for what it really was and that was a jagged mess of broken shards.

Disturbed now, she left the bathroom, still sucking the blood from her finger. Just what is going on here? A student died and the teachers act like it wasn't the first. Now a broken mirror disguised to look like a regular mirror. I'm guessing till the next day if not the end of today. She had more questions than answers as she went back to teach for the rest of the day. Maybe tomorrow will give her some of the answers instead of just more questions. Maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:09 pm 

The other students were chatting it up once the teacher left. "I wouldn't doubt it if she left to keep the cops off her tail. ****ing freak can't even avoid the crime scene!" "Yeah! I saw her looking over at her latest victim once it happened! Sick!"

Once the teacher came in, however, everyone got back into their proper seats and kept quiet. She seemed relatively nice, but if she kept hanging around Kiki, she wouldn't last long. Kiki was probably the reason her dad died! After all, every death that happened around Kiki appeared to be an accident, but there was a theory about her that she was behind everything.

That was reason enough to hate her and keep her away. Unfortunately, the school wouldn't kick her out for such a ridiculous reason, so every day the kids there would keep themselves away from anywhere near her. For some reason, some people wouldn't just stop teasing her, and that was often what tipped the scale. Even those who did nothing to her would be harmed.

After class, one of the other teachers pulled Mags aside before she left the room. The students exited, leaving the two women alone. "I know you're new here, but I just want to make sure if you're doing ok. With.... you know... little Kiki. She often gets into... trouble"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:43 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags crossed her arms and stared at the other teacher. "Trouble? You mean like the one kid throwing gum into her hair? That kind of trouble?" Mags voice rose slightly as she spoke. Realizing it, she took a deep breath and calmed down a bit before speaking again. "I have had no problems with her today. A stomach ache seemed to be the only issue, aside from the gum. She was very polite when speaking to me so I am afraid I do not understand." Though maybe she did as her mind thought back to the broken mirror that didn't seem broken. She wondered if the illusion had worn off yet and rather or not anyone had found it.

"The other kids should not pick on her like that. Though they will find out in my class, I do not tolerate that sort of thing. As the boy who threw the gum in her hair found out when I handed him some college grad physics homework and told him I wanted it completed first thing in the morning when school started." She would either become the most hated teacher at this school or the most loved. Probably a bit of both if you were the one being bullied. But back to Kiki. "Please tell me how she gets into trouble?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:36 pm 

The woman shook her head slowly. "Though the children don't get along with her, that isn't it." She nibbled her lip, trying to figure out how to say what she wanted without sounding insane. "She's... different, to say the least. She's had a rough past, and her appearance and strange behavior doesn't help it either. She's been through a lot, but that only seems to make things worse with what happens around her. As you might not have guessed, we haven't had just one incident like the one this morning. There have been five over the course of the past year, three of which resulted in death of two students and a teacher. All of those times, Kiki has been nearby. The police have called all of them accidents, but with Kiki being around them at the time of the accident, it's enough to cause rumors to spread."

She let out a small sigh, trying to say something else to lighten the mood. "Certainly, she is a nice girl, but... just make sure nothing happens to her or the other students, ok?" With a soft smile, she left, praying that Mags would listen to her. After all, the last teacher just blew it off as superstition. The poor man didn't survive one week in the high school.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:53 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags watched the other teacher leave and thought over it. One thing was clear: the 'accidents' were how she had gotten her post here. She wasn't about to take that fact lightly. Nor make the same mistake as her predecessor. Gathering up her papers and such, she headed home for the day. Not that it was much of a home, but it worked. Entering the front door, she dropped the papers on the table that served as a desk and got straight to work. In between grading the math problems, she researched as much as she could involving the strange incidents in Mori. "A year ago..." Pulling up the death records from about a year ago, she started to read through the names. Waiting for one to hit her on the head or something. None did and wondered if she was missing something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:47 pm 

Nothing in the death records really connected to Kiki in any way, except for her father Kenichi. He unfortunately had committed suicide a year ago, leaving Kiki and her mother alone in the world. No one was quite sure what happened to Kenichi to drive him to such an end; he seemed very stable. He had a full time job, a loving wife, a good home, everything anyone could want. Everything about the death was just... odd.

The next day came along, and things seemed normal around the school. At least, things seemed as normal as a school could get after the death of one of the students the previous day. It was noon, and Kiki had her bento box with her and went over to her normal eating spot, the back of the lunchroom. This was normal for her, to sit alone in a corner and eat. No one ever really reacted to her except in either disgust or fear, but she didn't mind it too much. Well, she made it look like she didn't care.

Calmly she opened the lid to reveal four pork buns and some fried rice; a staple of her mother's cooking. 'At least she still knows how to cook' Kiki thought, picking up one of the buns and biting into it. Lunch time was a fairly peaceful time for her, since the other students were able to avoid her, but she still unconsciously wished someone would sit down beside her. Unfortunately, she kind of got her wish. One of the pork buns suddenly floated out of the box. It randomly got a bite taken out of it, disappearing into the air, then the rest went with it. Kiki let out a sigh, noticing another bun following suit. She promptly stabbed it with her chopsticks before anything else happened. "I don't see why you need human food." she muttered to seemingly nothing, eating the bun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:22 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Mags had read over the death of Kiki's father and while it seemed to odd, she hadn't had any sort of brain surge about it. Though she did jot down a quick note that it was the first odd death. Well. Really odd death. There was that lady that was killed by a falling carrot the week before, but Mags doubted that really had anything to do with it. More just like random chance, which did happen. Just not as much as she was seeing in this little town.

The next day found Mags tired and a bit groggy. She had stayed up way later than she should have researching and was starting to feel the effects. As she wondered around the lunchroom, bagged lunch in her hand, she paused a few yards away from Kiki's table. Blinking her eyes, she rubbed at them with one hand. Surely, given the distance and all the people, she had mistaken a bean bun thing disappearing into thin air. Though as another one floated, she realized that she wasn't seeing things. Or if she was, it was a pretty constant hallucination.

Moving through the tables, she stopped at Kiki's, keeping her eyes trained solely on the girl. "Mind if I sit here? Or would it seem to weird to be caught sitting with the teacher?" It was her attempt at a joke and the grey eyed woman gave Kiki a warm, if a bit of the small side, smile.