All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:50 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Chasity looks at her clock in her bedroom, it says 6 A.M. With a sigh she gets up and out of her bed. Once she is dressed she goes and checks on her brother. "Alister? Alister are you in there?" She asks. There was no answer so she goes and pounds on her brothers door. It swings open. She find that he wasn't in his room. She begins to get filled with panic, for her brother shouldn't be out in the worl alone, he has a mental illness. This mental illness could hurt himself and those around him. She lets out a sigh. The sun isn't up yet, maybe he's on his way home now. She thinks as she goes out the door and heads to work. Of cours it was her own business. Maybe when I return home he will be there. She thinks. The hours ticked by slowly. It was finally time for her to go home. When she unlocks her door, she goes and checks to see if her brother was home. He still wasn't. She lets out a sigh and goes into the bathroom to take a shower.

-TWO DAYS LATER-

Her brother still hadn't come home. Now she was really worried. Where could he be? She thinks. She decided that the best thing to do was to get a private investigator to look into this. She pulls out a phone book and begins to search through it. A name pops out at her. She jots down the address and puts on her coat. It wasn't to far away from her. She begins to walk and is soon standing out in front of the place. Good, it's still open She thinks as she goes inside. But there was no one around. "Excuse me," She says hoping someone would hear her.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:22 pm 

It had been a lousy week at Henry's office. He liked his job as a Personal Investigator, but in a way he was also very disapointed with it. His cases mainly consisted of investigating extramarital affairs and - even though he enjoyed all the stalking and the secretive meetings - he was getting bored. "Feh.. I have no right to complain, I knew it was gonna be like this after I left the police", he thought, as he washed his face. Through the mirror he saw the bullet scar on his left shoulder, a reminder of his glory days. "Look at me, only 28 years old and already stuck in past memories. Come on! Cheer up, dammit!".

He then heard someone calling. He put his shirt and tie back on, while imagining what this next case could be about. "Probably just another suspicious wife", he thought, disappointed. He opened the door leading from the small bathroom into his office, instantly noticing the woman at his door. He was surprised, since his clients used to be a lot older. "Well, a case is a case...", he thought, as he proceeded silently towards his desk. "Now, how can I help you, miss?", he asked, expressing a tired smile. Now that he looked more attentively, he noticed that the girl's gestures and expressions were those of a very concerned person, so he stopped smiling and put on a very business-like expression. "Oh, and please close the door behind you, would ya?".

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:32 pm 

She nods and shuts the door. "I'm only here because my brother is missing, he has been missing for three days, now under normal cercumstances I wouldn't worry...but you see he has a mental illness, becuase of that he could hurt himself and others," She says. She was hoping that he could help her. "This is the only thing I have on his appearnce," She says as she holds out a drawing she did of him. (The pic below shows what he looks like). "His name is Aliester," She adds. She didn't tell him that her brother was vampire either, for she thought he would think she was crazy. "His mental illness is called Multiple Personality Disorder, some of his other personalities well...are dangerous..." she says. "My name is Chasity," She adds

"So do you think you can help me? Please? I'll pay any amount that you ask, I just want him back," She says as she begins to sob. She wasn't usually one of those girls to cry, but he was her only family. He was her step-brother, and if she lost him, she would be alone.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:19 pm 

It wasn't rare for Henry's customers to cry, but something in that girl's sobbing made him very uncomfortable. He opened one of the desk's drawers and took a box of tissues, handing them to the girl; all this while attentively analyzing the drawing. It was an unusual method of recognition, but it would have to suffice. "Well, miss Chastity, I'm really sorry for your worries...", he said, giving the drawing back to her, "...but I need a little bit more information in order to open a case". From another drawer he took a small notebook, on which he started to take some notes. "For instance, I'm going to need his last name as well, along with some information like: his job, a list of close friends or other relatives, places he used to visit, mental institutions he used to be incarcerated in..."

He looked at his watch, noticing it was about time to close, but decided to make an exception. "Also, with your permission of course, I'd like to take a look at his bedroom - I assume it is as he left it the last time, right?". "And don't worry about the payment yet, let's find your brother first. I'm not saying we're certainly going to succeed, but in my experience, the answers start popping after you ask the same question so many times... What I mean is, the more information you give me, the easier it will be". Henry wasn't sure why he said all that. 'Missing person' cases were the worst, and usually ended in tragedy - there was really no point in telling her anything they did would make it easier. Perhaps it was compassion.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm 

She looks at him and grabs a tissue. She wipes her eyes and the tears running down her face. "He's actually my step-brother...his last name or least what says on his birthcerfticate says Deadly. He is an outcast and a loner so he doesn't have and friends and I am his only family," She says to him. "He doesn't have a job because of his mental illness, he likes to hang out in parks, goes to The House of Torture, a popluar goth night club...She says. "The only mental institute he was in is called St. Mary's Mental Hospital," She adds. "Go ahead, check his room, that was where I last seen him," She says. "Anything else you need to know?" She asks.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:35 pm 

Henry writes down on his notebook all the pieces of information he thinks are important. "No friends... rather, no social bonds whatsoever apart from his step-sister... That's a lot, even for someone with mental illness...", Henry starts his logical thinking even before Chastity finishes answering his questions, "So, either he is a complete sociopath, or there's more to it than meets the eye... perhaps something the sister is unaware of, such as criminal activities; or maybe she knows about it, and is trying to hide it...". He took some extra notes - his next question - but, before asking it, he decided to ponder a little more. "He goes to parks and night clubs, so I might say he can't be totally sociopathic - since he is making some sort of social effort - but that would be a far leap - better to remain with the data at hand...".

Noticing that Chastity had finished talking, and was probably expecting his answer, he decided to speak: "Let me think for a moment...". He headed towards the window on the left side of his office, cracking it wide open. Then he took a cigarette from his pocket and put it on his mouth. He didn't have a lighter at hand, but he had the tendency of holding it with his teeth while in thorough thinking. "She said some of his personalities are dangerous... and considering the changes should be random, I might assume he may have a criminal record... unless he never disappeared like that before, but even so an agressive accident could have occurred while he was alone at the park, or at the night club...". His concentration was broken by a chilling breeze that came through the window - so he closed it imediatelly. "I guess I have an reasonable base to work on... This should be an interesting case...". The lousyness was gone, and Henry was filled with thrill.

"Ok...", he said, "Last two questions, and then - if possible - I'd like to go check his bedroom". "First one: Has Aliester ever vanished like this before? If so, for how long - what was the reason?". "And lastly, what made his release from St. Mary's Mental Hospital possible? Was he deemed as recovered? I ask you to be honest here, since it's to your own interest that we find him". Only after saying all this did Henry notice that it could have been hard to understand, considering the cigarette was still in his mouth. He removed it, placing it back in his pocket, and asked: "Did you understand?".

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:36 am 

She nods for she understood. "Yes, please check his bedroom," She says. "I'm not sure about the other part, my mother picked him up three days before she died in a fatal car crash," She says. Then she looks at him, "Before you investigate, could I possibely give you some information on his other personalities? I think that may help, just in case he isn't Aleister when we find him," She says. "The only times he has disappeared were maybe only a few hours so that he could go to clubs and to h..." she says trailing off. I almost gave away his secrete She says. She didn't want to tell him that he was a vampire. He would think I was crazy. She thinks and then looks at him. "Can I ask you a question?" She asks.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:25 pm 

"Sure, any information about his personalities will be helpful", he said, deeply concerd with the last thing the girl had said up to that moment. "She said, 'just in case he isn't Aleister when we find him'... that's bad... first off, she said 'we', which is unusual as it is... does she expect to take part actively on the investigation? I don't really know if that would annoy me... I've never done anything like that before, really..." Henry thought, "But far worse than that is the apparent certainty her phrase carried... 'when we find him'... I know she is being hopeful, but even so... aren't her expectations a little too high? It is a 'missing person' case, after all...".

When Henry faced the girl again, her eyes carried an inquisitive aspect. "Crap... she asked me a question...", he thought. He had focused too much on his thoughts, so he didn't pay much attention to what Chastity was saying - including her little slip. "Come on, try to remember what she asked!", thought Henry. It took a little while, during which he avoided all eye contact and stared at the closed window, but eventually he remembered her simple question. Relieved, he said "Sure, ask away".

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:47 pm 

Chasity looks at him, "Before I ask, here is the information I can give on his personalities: 1.Ramus- A calm quiet type of guy who is a book nerd and a genuis. He loves playing the piano and other classical insturments. 2. Jinx- A smart alec young man, who is a street punk that loves challenges and is a daredevil. He is very unpredictable and willing to do anything to get attention 3. Blake- A strong young man that is the silent type, loves boxing and martial arts. Knows a lot about the different types of martial arts. Loves wrestling too.
4. Ash- A street punk who is only way of entertaining himself is to set things on fire. He's a pyromaniac," she says.

She then looks at him and blushes, "Do you belive in the supernatural like vampires?" She asks. She was hoping he would say yes, because she was going to tell him that her brother was indeed a vampire.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:47 pm 

Henry writes on his notebook all of the main aspects of each personality. "I guess it's worse than I imagined... he's behavior should be really erratic with so many identities sharing one body...", he thought, "I just hope we don't find him while being either Jinx or Ash... It would be difficult reasoning with them...".

He then closes his notebook and notices the girl blushing. He is caught completely off guard with Chastity's question. "What? Why this all of a sudden? Does it have something to do with that goth night club she just mentioned? But, if so, what the hell do my beliefs have to do with it anyway?", he thought, his face clearly showing his confusion. "No... can't say I've ever seen one - or heard anyone who did ... I'm sorry, I don't know what to say... as I see it, they're like UFOs, or ghosts - just imagination", he said, taking a short pause afterwards, "But what does it have to do with anything, anyway?". For the first time during that conversation he felt completely lost - there were no thoughts on his mind, and he was paying complete attention to what the girl had to say.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:30 am 

Crap! But it's worth a shot She thinks. She then lets out a sigh. "Well the reason I asked this, there is something I was hiding about my brother...even though it may help will this...the thing I have been hiding is that he is a vampire," she says with a sigh. I hope he doesn't think I am a nutcase or something. She thinks with another sigh. "Please believe me, that is why I only had a drawing of him," she adds. I hope he still decides to take this case, I really want to know what happened to him. She thinks. This was all happening very fast for her and what she just did, she would never do. But she thought it might help find her brother faster.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:01 pm 

Henry remained silent for quite a long time. He got away from the desk and returned to the window. "'Is this some kind of joke?' I would have said that usually, but her face wasn't lying... It could be that she is as troubled as her brother... IF said 'vampire brother' really exists..." he thought, "She isn't trying to deceive me, otherwise she would have stayed with a more believable version... So, either she is crazy, or vampires actually exist...".

He returned to the desk and looked seriously to the girl. "As I said, I don't believe in vampires...", he said, "But, in any job, the investigator's beliefs tend to only get in the way". He then added, "I personally don't believe he is a vampire, but for the sake of this investigation, I will treat that as just another piece of information". Looking once again to his watch, he took his jacket from a coat hanger near the bathroom door and put it on; his pistol hidden in an inside pocket. "Now, is there anything else you're hiding from me? I'd prefer not to have any other surprises like this, ok?"

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:13 pm 

She shakes her head no, "I'm not hiding anything else," She says. And then she nods her head, "Ok, since you are going to look in his bedroom, please follow me," she says. Just as she turned around a flash of lightining went across the sky followed by the sound of thunder. Then it began to pour down rain. Great! Rain! She thinks. She gets her keys out and begins to go to her small car. Why does it have to rain? Rain only makes it worse. She thinks. She gets into her car and just sits there for a few moments thinking over things and then she started her car up. She was hoping that she and him could find her brother.

(Don't forget the vampire one you are in with me)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 pm 

He followed her, but before getting out of the building he stopped. "I'll be right there, just have to make a phone call, ok?", he said. He waited until she was far enough so as not to hear any parts of the conversation. He took his cellphone and dialed a number. Soon, a rough male voice said on the other side of the line: "Go ahead, Henry boy, what's it this time?". It was Jerry, an old friend who worked at the city morgue. Henry would usually call him, just to make sure he wasn't searching for a dead person. "Hey, Jerry, it's really complicated this time around, so I'll just give you the name, ok?", said Henry, "His name should be Aliester Deadly... if possible I'd like you to check the records... there's a possibility that he has been dead for a long time... yeah, I've gotta tell ya, I may be dealing with a 'psycho client'... either that, or vampires are real".

Jerry responded, "Oh, vampires? You have no idea how common those things are! Every now and then I see the bite marks, you know?". "Yeah, right", said Henry, "You're a real comedian, know that? But I have to go now, you keep me posted". He then hung up and headed to the girl's car. He knocks on the driver's window, and says, after it is open, "I'll get to my car so I can follow you there, ok?".

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 pm 

She nods and then winds up the window again. I know he doesn't believe me, I can sense it. She thinks. She starts the car up and begins to drive away. She lived about 30 mins away from where his agency was. She then stops outside her home, it was an apartment building, probably one of the most expensive ones. The building was tall with a tan coloration to the cement-sides. And every few windows there was a light on. She noticed that her aparment window was on. That's odd, I swear I turn it off. She thinks as she goes into the building.

"Here is my apartment," She says. She unlocks the door and goes in. The lights were on. "That's odd, I swear I turned out the lights," she says. Then there was a noise, she follows it. She opens her brothers door to see a man rummaging through his stuff. "Who are you and what are you doing?' She asks. The man turns around, he was pale as the moonlight and dressed all in black. He lets out a hiss, baring a pair of fangs. She then began to speak and different language and the man responed. They began to speak to each other in that language until she stopped. She went into the other room, grabbed what looked like a wooden stake and ran back in. The man seen it hissed one more time and jummped out the window.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:27 pm 

Henry followed closely with his car, trying to let his mind rest from the case for a while. He was listening to the daily news in the radio, and thought that maybe wasn't the best way to rest. Soon they had arrived at the destination, and he returned his thoughts to the case. "It's a nice building...", he thought vaguely as he walked inside.

As soon as the girl said something was odd, he felt uneasy. But it was only when he saw the pale man's fangs that he became really terrified. "It... can't... be...", he just thought, paralyzed from the surprise. He just couldn't move, his mind trying to understand what was that which stood before him. Only after the man was gone he regained action. He ran towards the window, trying to see the man again - but he was unable to detect him in the shadowy dusk.

He then turned to the girl, his face showing all his surprise. "So you said the truth...?", he said. He face again towards the window, trying to re-collect his thoughts. "Calm down! It's only another piece of information... nothing more...".

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:40 pm 

She looks at him and nods, "Yes, that vampire was here looking for my brother, he said his so called boss was looking for him," She says. "I hope this gives you more information," She adds as she walks across the room. Then she seen his reaction and sighs, Oh boy...I can tell it's gonna be a long time She thinks. "Before you look around, would you like tea or coffee?" She asks trying to get him to calm down. "Would you like to sit for a few?" She asks. "It looks like you need it, because it looks like your about to fall over," She adds.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:54 pm 

"Yes, I'll accept some tea...", he said. "If vampires are real... what else might be real too?", this thought was stuck inside his head. Before he moved towards the kitchen, though, he looked directly to the girl before him. "I'm sorry for being so unprofessional... but I don't know if I'll be able to help... considering there's so much I don't know about those...", he said, unable to complete his sentence. He then just stood there, trying his best to calm down and logically ponder the situation.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:59 pm 

She looks at him and nods and then goes to go into the kitchen. Then she turns to him, "Well, I think I can help you with that, I have a friend that it a vampire, if I call him, maybe he will help you learn all that you need to know about vampires," She says. "But the thing about him is that he can be a little unruly," She says. Then she goes into the kitchen. She grabs the tea kettle and fills it with water. Placing it on the sink she gets two tea cups and tea bags out of a cupboard. She then goes back to where he was, "So what do you think?" she asks referring to the vampire friend.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:15 am 

After sitting down, Henry started relaxing. The shocking image of the vampire was slowly vanishing from his mind, and he was regaining his normal self. "That was really unexpected, but I already accepted this investigation... I can't back up now... and, deep down, I don't think I want to", he thought. When Chastity returned to the room, he said, "Personally I don't want to meet any more vampires... but thinking professionaly, that would be the most logical way to go. I really need to understand them some more...".

Then, he noticed he was sitting on the bed, and immediately got up. "I'm sorry, that was probably rude".