All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just another city mutt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:05 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

My human named me Radio. He use to play this box thing that he had, he named it radio too. We didn't have much. Infact we didn't have enough to eat every day but we were happy. The other radio was always playing something. At night we listened to men talking to each other about these problems that other humans were having. Sometimes they'd get really angry and other times they wouldn't. We'd fall alseep with a smile on our faces, snuggled against each other infront of a fire built out of trash. Other people who had no where to go would gather around us for warmth and comfort from the other radio.

In the mornings there would be this wonderful thing called music and we'd run and sing and dance together. Sometimes people would throw money at us when we danced together, which was good because he needed to feed himself, me, and the radio. You see the radio ate these things called batteries. It didn't need to eat every day but when if it didn't eat once in a while it didn't feel like helping us make money so the two of us could eat. No worries though, when it died we'd stand around and ask people to give us either money or batteries. Sometimes we'd go a few days without any food for the radio but when we got the money, we first fed the radio before we made sure we had enough left over to feed ourselves. It only made sense, without the radio we wouldn't eat at all.

My human and I never staid in one place for too long but we often viseted places that we use to hang around. It was great, I always met new people and they all seemed to really take a liking to me. They'd always complement me and ask to pet me. Sometimes I'd just walk away and not let them but other times I puffed out my chest and proudly let them pet me. It was great fun. Oh, my human, his name was Jay. Yeah, Jay and I were great friends! Then... one day this guy showed up... He wanted me but Jay said I wasn't for sale, whatever that meant. The guy got really angry and took out what humans call a gun. He shot my human who started to bleed. I tried to lick his wound and help him, but it didn't seem to do much good. The man put a chain on me and tried to drag me off but I mauled his face off. For the first time in my life I learned what 'dead' meant. A passing cat took pitty on me after a day or so of staying right next to Jay. She told me he was dead and explained that when something dies it never moves again. Ever. It never talks, it never looks at you, it can't do anything. She explained that the other man that I mauled was also dead. She said I killed him. I didn't mind that thought.

Sometimes humans need to die. I wanted to die... I loved my human. He was my brother, my leader, and my friend. When humans in blue showed up and found the two bodies they tried to grab me and take me somewhere but I ran off. I wasn't going to let them take me to wherever the man who killed Jay was going to take me!

Ever since then I've been living on my own in the city. The radio can't help me find food anymore so I just dig around in trash cans or scratch at this green door on fith street. The green door will bring me a whole plate of food sometimes! It's so cool but I try not to abuse that privelage. Infact, thats where I'm going right now.

"Heh heh, Tony's going to be happy to see me."

I said to myself with a dopey smile on my face. Tony was the guy that ran the place. He really liked me, but he kept calling me Mario rather then Radio. I guess I didn't mind. He could call me skippy mcdoodle paws for all I care, he was too nice for me to ever hurt him. When I got there I noticed the back light was off. They must've been closed.

"Aww that sucks..."

My ears flattened slightly before I sighed. I didn't want to believe what I was seeing so I sat down and just stared at the door, trying to will it open. Nothing. My ears flicked at the sound of scampering paws. Four legged creature... either a cat or a smaller dog. I smirked and stepped out of the way only to watch the scrawny dog that was about my size run right past. I was surprised at the size of the animal... it must've been really thin.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE RUN!"

The dog snapped while turning a corner. Well that couldn't be good. I smelt a sweaty man coming closer. When he turned the corner I quickly realized it was a dog catcher. I smirked and ran right between his legs before spinning around. I pounced on his back and stole his little uniform hat before dashing off after the other dog. The man started screaming and cursing at me while getting back up. I stopped around a different corner with a wagging tail and waited for him to come back into veiw. This was going to be very, verrrry fun. He began walking towards me with his bar leash thing extended, trying to loop my neck in it. Suddenly I lept onto the top of a dumpster and bounced right onto his chest. I pinned him to the floor but not for very long. I darted out of the alley way and down the street with his hat still in my mouth. When I finally came to seventh street I plopped down next to the trash can that I usually eat out of and began laughing. The hat fell to the floor as my tail wagged excitedly.

"That was fun..."

My fun was ruined with a snarling stomach.

"Ehr.... but it took a lot of energy..."

I sighed and sniffed around.

"Hello?"

Oh my gosh...

"What the.."

Could it be? IT WAS!

"WHO THE HELL WOULD THROW AWAY A WHOLE CHICKEN? Burnt or not, oh my god I'm in heaven!"

I said in a singing song voice while yanking out the burnt chicken from the metal trashcan before stuffing my face. Ohhh happy days!

[Probably somebody who plays as the other dog who was running earlier? They could become friends and help each other survive while looking for your character's human, who just lost your dog by accident a long long time ago. Almost to the point where looking for the human seems pointless. Preferably a character who doesn't know a whole lot about city life, but if they do it's cool =]

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace