All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:26 am 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Jaren Wright
Bookworm

Jaren was finishing up his final class. He had to get to the bar. A mathmatician he was hired by the owner of the most exotic, exclusive, most frequented bar/club in the entire city. And it was a HUGE city. He packs his bag up. Pushing his slightly oversized glasses up onto his nose where they belonged. And hums to himself. Taking his book he was reading and opens it. He was talented. He could read and walk. Without getting in any sort of danger. It was like a weird sort of instinct. He didn't put the book down even to cross streets or open doors. He became absorbed in his book.

Weaving in and out of the crowd. Stopping at crosswalks and crossing when it was safe to do so. He moved out of skateboarders ways and even the occasional punk or thug. He tended to often be overlooked. Expecially when he was reading a book like he was now. The shy, quite, and timid type it was easy to over look him.

He puts his book away and walks into the bar/club. The bouncers knew him by name. The strippers and bartenders did too. They all treated him like their younger brother. He smiles and walks to the bartender. "Can I get a soda?" he asks. Getting a pepsi and sits. Drinking it as had 30 minutes til work started.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 pm 

Nickname: Electra
Personality: Your average bad girl, with a little bit of flare. Electra has a habit of breaking laws and not giving a **** about it. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll is her moto. She just needs a badboy boyfriend to top it all off.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 pm 

(cool now please put your actual post up please. :) *is excited*)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:36 pm 

The bar wouldn't be empty tonight. Electra was planning on throwing a party, with shots for all her friends. She grinned looking at the money in her hand. A grand was a lot of money, and she'd been blessed with TWO grand. She quickly stuck the money in her pocket. Selling drugs was easy, as long as you avoided the cops, there would be no problems. She didn't do the drugs a lot, but it was nice to have the money or the option to do so if she wanted.

When she walked into the bar, she smiled sweetly for the bouncer, flashing just a little cleavage. They knew her here, never asked for her ID. She wasn't the legal drinking age, but who gave a ****? The cops never bothered this place anyway. She headed to the bar and put a $10 bill down. "All the shots of tequlia I can get for this." She grinned.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 pm 

Jaren about jumped out of his skin when he heard someone slam a ten down on the bar. He did the calculations in his head. The bartender spoke little english. Understood it yet rarely spoke it. He looks up. "Raphiel..." he says. Smiling as he takes the huge mug of soda. "Awesome! Thanks Raphiel!" he says. The man says in broken English. "No problem our little brother." he says with a wink.

And then turns to the woman. Looking back at Jaren questioningly. Jaren smiles and says to him in French. "Donnez-lui deux bouteilles de Tequila grande. Et une petite bouteille de Tequila. C'est combien cela va lui donner." (Translation: Give her two of the large Tequila bottles. And a small bottle of Tequila. That is how much that will get her.) He returns to his drink. Raphiel gave her the amount that ten would get her. The "large" Tequila bottles weren't that large but bigger than a normal bottle by an inch all around.

His glasses fall just a tiny bit. And he pushes them back up. And pulls out the accounting records on his palmlaptop. It was simple to make if you understood mathematics and calculations to the degree that he did. He finishes and puts it away.

He turns as one of the popular band guys came over. He looks up. "Hey...whats up?" he asks. Listening. "Simple. I'll fix the digital internal problem of your bass amplifiers and dj board." he says. Standing up he goes over, fixes it, and sits back down. Getting roughly bumped by a customer on "accident". He barely manages to catch his glasses. He sits down. Shaking his head. Putting the glasses back onto his face. Though for a good five minutes his sexy facial features had been able to be viewed.

The glasses went up onto his nose once more. "Five... four... three... two... one..." there was a scream of anger and fear and the sound of a whoosh. Shaking his head. "You think Rich Man Alex would have learned not to do that by now." he mutters and sigh. Drinking his soda. He tries to make himself invisible as he took note of the woman...she was older and a bit taller from what he could calculate. If he went criminal...he'd be that mastermind Artemis Fowl. Impossible to catch and prove he was guilty. But that wouldn't happen. He wasn't into the whole crime thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm 

She shifted on her stool and smiled. She was a little shocked when someone spoke up for her. She turned to look at him, her icy blue eyes looking him over. "Wow. Thanks. I'm not familar with this bartender." she shifted a little again, leaning towards him "Id be right to say I haven't seen you in here before either..." she drawled after he sat back down. She watched him very carefully. He didn't seem to belong in here, but he sure was cute, in a boyish sort of way.

"My name is Electra..." she told him, right before she downed a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 pm 

Jaren looks at her. He really hadn't spoke up for her. He hadn't even truly done it for her. He was merely helping his "big brother" Raphiel out. He knew the guy was new. And boss had him signed up to learn English for a fourth of his working hours. Boss still paid him just paid him part time wages for the part of his shift he was learning English. He was forced to actually look at her other than out the side of his eye.

He turns his head just enough to look at her. Those oversized frames kept falling. Revealing a pair of pale turquiose blue eyes. Right up until he pushed them back up. "Oh? That is not surprising. Raphiel is new. He is a transfer tender from France. Luckily for Boss Man Leon...I am fluent in nearly any language out there." he shrugs and tries to pretend he was invisible.

He turned a tiny tint pink as the clearly attractive woman leaned towards him. Causing him out of shyness to lean back just a bit. "I am not surprised. I am normally in back. I help the Boss Man with his finances, accounts, and other such things. Even repairing computer based equipment such as the bass amplifiers." he says honestly.

He discreetly shifts so there is that comfort zone of space between them again. His cheeks held a very faint hue of pink to them. He was blushing. He blushed easily. He had no experience with real life things...such as females. He was a virgin yet this fact didn't bother him. Girls rarely were into the bookworm types. They were just a level above nerd and two above dork and three above geek.

"I don't recall seeing you in here before either." he finally manages to get out without too much shy and nervous stammering tones within his words. He looks around and sighs. "This is my family. The people here. From the bouncers to the strippers...they are all my family. You can ask anyone of them...they'll tell you the same exact thing." he falls silent. Ordering another soda mug in french. He takes a sip. "My name is Jaren. I've worked here since I turned 10." he says. He was being honest. "Anyways..." he goes to say something when a male stripper who knew Electra walked over.

"Hey...little brother Jaren. Wazzup?" he asks in on of those cool guy voices. He looks at Electra the look he shot her clearly said don't you be trying nothing with little brother here. He then hands Jaren fifty dollars. "That's for the tip that got me my dream girl. You might not be relationship ready but you sure as hell know how to teach us guys who are the right way to get the dream girl. Duces Bro...I'm out. Gotta date with the hottie." he bounces out the front door. Bounces figuratively.

Jaren looks at her. "My name is Jaren. That was my best friend Logan." he says. Shrugging. "He is always a bit weird like that." he says. Shoving the fifty dollars deep into his jean pockets.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:59 am 

She watched him, careful on how she moved. She took another shot, and then another. The world was getting a lot brighter now. He seemed nervous, she noted. Like he hadn't talked to a girl in a long time...or ever. She tried to see behind the glasses, and what she saw actually shocked her a little. He was really hot. And smart, from what she could tell.

So why did he hide behind those glasses. He just needed a few scars, and busted knuckles and he'd be her dream guy...hot, smart, and he could make cash easy. But he'd have to lose the glasses. She tucked bright blonde strands of hair behind her ear, letting the pink strand fall forward. She wondered if she could turn him into that dream guy of hers? As a woman, she was always looking for a new project...a new fixer-upper. She laughed out loud when one of the male strippers came up, and for an instant she thought it all made sense. He was gay?

But the stripper addressed him as "little brother" and then it all made sense. The right kind of sense. She smirked at the stripper. He only wanted her to keep away from his "little brother" because it'd been rumored that she was bad news. The scorpion tattoo on her front midriff was proof of that. She'd also messed around with Logan awhile ago. She winked at him, and grinned at him as he walked away.

"Yeah, I know Logan." she laughed, watching him again. "You're cute, what's with the glasses bookworm?" she grinned. "Ever thought about contacts?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:16 am 

Jaren had to try hard not to squirm beneath her studying gaze. He felt like a frog in a science class. The whole being disected and studied type of feeling. He tries not to show how nervously shy she was making him feel. He tries to shrink into himself. Make himself turn invisible. It wasn't going to happen yet that is what he was used to doing. He felt safe here. None of these people would allow harm onto him.

He clearly missed the actions Logan and Electra shot each other. Than again even if he had seen them...he wouldn't have understood their meaning. He sips away at his soda. Enjoying the cold taste. He wanted to stay here forever. Life at home was crappy. His mother died of cancer two weeks before Boss Man hired him. He'd gotten hired as a ten year old with pay due to Boss Man hearing from his best friend. How he'd helped him out of bankruptsy.

He looks up and at her. "Really? I don't recall Logan ever mentioning anyone named Electra." he says softly. He couldn't help but squirm under her scrutiny. "Huh? Cute? Are you looking at me? Your probably drunk or tipsy..." he fades off. His cheeks a red hue straight across his face. He avoids looking at her. "They are so I can see. And as you said...I'm a bookworm. I know it and don't care about it."

He looks up a tiny bit. Looking at her puzzedly. "Contacts??? Why would I want or even need contacts?" he asks. The cluelessness loud and clear in his tone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:16 pm 

She laughed. He really was completely clueless, but it only made him cuter. She continued to watch him, biting at her lip. She shifted again, this time, moving to the barstool next to him. She wanted to be closer, so she could further examine him. What other changes would need to be made? He had a good body...he wasn't THAT terrible of a dresser...just those glasses would have to go.

"Well, how well can you see without them?" she ask him, still grinning. Her eyes weren't glazed or even unforcused. She wasn't drunk, if she was she'd be falling over him and all touchy feely. She looked at him with perfectly clear blue eyes and smiled. A genuine smile.

"Yeah. Logan wouldn't mention me. It was a few years ago. Been a long time since he hung out with me. But you...you can hang out with me." she bit at her lips and smiled. She tried hard to look innocent now, wondering if appealing to his soft side would warm him up to her a little.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:11 pm 

He looks at her. She was laughing? Why was she laughing? It was very confusing. He shakes his head. She was watching him still. Almost like he was an exotic supermodel. Or the most delicious candy she had ever seen or tasted. He scoots back a bit shyly. Trying not to be obvious about it. The blush that had gone away mostly spread from head to toe in a light soft rosy pink hue.

He wonders what and why she kept looking at him. What was she thinking? He didn't understand women. He never had to deal with them. Same age or older...no experience with the female department. He looks at her. Very confused as to why she was asking him that. He avoids looking at her. Shyness had him wanting to somehow run away and be invisible. Though he knew that wouldn't happen. He just was NOT used to attention from a woman.

Sure the female strippers would look at him a lot...but it was more a sisterly way then Electra was doing. He felt under a microscope with Electra's constant and steady gaze. She was searchingly studying him like a research project. "Not very far. Up close I can see fine...ish. It can be a bit blurry. Still can see clearly up to two yards away. Any further and I can't see anything but blurry blobs."

He looks up at her skeptically. "I don't think your statement is accurate. He mentions his ex's a lot. Even ones from back when he was in middle school. Trying to teach me about females I guess. I dunno. He is a good older brother best friend type to me though." he was being honest. Looking at her. "Huh?" he blinks and looks at her in confusion. "I have work to do." he gets up and adds. "I don't know why you'd want to hang out with a bookworm like me." he mutters but it was loud enough to be heard.

Two hours later......

He had finished his work early tonight. And was humming as he left the back part of the bar-club. And walks over to his normal seat. The girl was sitting there with a woman and a male talking to her. They left mere moments before he got to his seat and sat down. He looks at Raphiel. "Another soda Raphiel." he ask. "Thanks." he adds getting a HUGE mug of pepsi. He looks around. And notices Electra is still there. "Why do you want to hang out with me?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:57 am 

When he left, she let it go. There were plenty of other hot guys, who were dying to get into her pants that she could hang with. She finished her shots, looking around, and then headed out the door. Some hour later she was back with about 20 people, her friends, here for a party. She was laughing and drinking all night.

When he moved over to her, to ask the same question to her again, she almost turned around to ignore him, instead, she turned to look at him, one hand on her hip and sly look in her eyes.

"You seem cool...and you're hot too. Isn't that reason enough?" she grinned.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:03 pm 

Jaren noticed she almost ignored him. He wasn't expecting her not to. He looks at her. Not catching the look in her eyes. "Right...tell that to the people at school." he says. "Yeah. Your either drunk or looking at someone else." he says. "One I am not. Two...look around there is lots of other guys who ARE hot. And who happene to BE cool. I'm a bookworm." he shakes his head.

Looking at the time and eyes widen. "Oh! Crap! Sorry Electra...I'm late...for something! Laters!" he bolts out the door and vanishes into the shadows of the night. He hurried home. And went to the basement. Grabbed a nice leather jacket. Tight white tank top and a pair of tight black jeans. And his brand new nike jet black sneakers. Puts on his special prescription shades that looked straight up out of a Men In Black. And his hair gets tied up into a tight braide after he puts in the temperary black highlights with streaks red mixed into it.

Running back to the bar-club he enters through the back. And grabs his guitar that his brother bought and kept with him. And begins to strum it into being tuned. When it was he walks out onto stage. And puts on the microphone headset. The really cool slender type where all you see is the microphone on the side near the mouth. He calls out in a more confident voice. It was impossible to tell it was Jaren. "Yo! Got a few good songs for you all tonight! Starting with this new number I just wrote...Anything For You." (Evanescence really wrote it but in rp he did and sang it.) He starts singing in a hot as hell voice. Mixture of sensuous and angelic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:54 am 

Electra just rolled her eyes, and went back to partying. To drinking. To having fun. Let the bookworm continue to be a bookworm. She could find a hotter guy. She shifted and downed another shot with her girlfriends. She laughed and took another with the girls. "Jeeze guys, you all are gonna get me wasted!" she laughed.

When the band for the night got there, this really hot guy she'd been tripping over for months, she turned. She had not seen him come in. He always did that, just randomly showed up without any warning or anything. She melted hearing his voice, her breath caught in her throat. She almost felt like he was singing right to her. She shifted to move closer to the stage. This was the guy she wanted...and if she could have it her way she'd have him wanting her too...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:28 pm 

Jaren continued singing his song. When it got to a purely instrumental part he starts dancing while playing. He begins dancing while playing. Using moves that would shame a Master Chorographer. Mixing street with various dances including tango. He moved with ease and skill. He was in the zone. As he dances he resumes singing right on cue. Playing his awesome guitar like a professional. No one would ever guess that this was bookworm Jaren. And that is the way he liked it.

On the next instrumental he plays one handed. Holding the guitar still with his mouth. His free hand moves his entire body in an arc. And he was dancing upside down and playing one handed. He pushes off the floor and into the air. Corkscrewing back down to his feet and ends the song. He was not Jaren right now.

This was the music alter ego of Jaren. He had a passion for music, singing, playing, and dancing. And he had taught himself to be nearly professional at it. He even used a stage name. As the last chord finished echoing he looks at the crowd. Pausing to take a breath before speaking. He saw Electra and how she dismissed him earlier...he mentally dismissed him now.

He returns to this him. He resumes his persona of being Spike Turner. The last name was false. The first name was his actual true first name. He went by Jaren and then he smiles as he moves onto the next song saying. "This next song is called...Abracadabra."(Steve Millers song pretending its his...see included youtube)He then starts to sing. Dancing with the beat pulling moves that took A LOT of flexibilty and extreme skill to pull off. And he plays his guitar the whole time. Landing on the stage signing and dancing. He was a mere foot away from Electra when he landed.
(first song)(continue reading post)
He gets to the next song and speaks again. "This one is called Love The Way You Lie. And to sing the other part is my brother's girlfriend Rhianna(the singer yes). You ready. Alright let's get started"(see second youtube video) he says and then begins singing it. Moving around as his awesome shades allowed him to see more than people would think.(see picture included at end of post)
(thought this would sound bad ass :D)(continue reading post)
He sings song after song. Taking the occasional break. And then he gets to the final song for the night...as it was two in the morning already. Yes. He can funtion off little to no sleep. Not every night...he needs at least one or two nights of full sleep. Yet he only did the music stuff on thursday through sunday. He walks back out onto stage. "Alright. This is the last song for the night." he smiles. "I call this one....Even In Death." he starts to sing it.(see youtube video)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:25 am 

She was completely blown away. This guy...was her dream man. She wanted his babies! He was sexy as hell, had a voice like an angel, and look at those dance moves! She was practically drooling.

His dancing had everyone cheering. His singing had everyone singing along. She was yelling and screaming like a love sick school girl. She had to meet him. She turned to her friend and told her so. They both laughed and started rocking to his music.

In the free light, with the music all around her, it was easy to slip into her own world, easy to let this mans music carry her away. She swayed to the slow parts, and rocked to the loud parts. This was a natural state for her. When "Even in Death" was played, she moved as close as she could to the stage, and just watched...she was in love with this man, and she'd never even met him...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:49 am 

Jaren finished singing Even In Death and then turns to face the owner who walkes up to him. He listens to the man speak. Nodding his head and mentally sighing. He walks to the back and gets a drink. Smiling as he gets a rather impish idea. So...Electra likes "Spike"? Interesting. He may have seemed like he was lost 100% in his own little world but he wasn't.

And apparently one of Electra's friends had paid the owner to play Electra's favorite song, which ironically he knew due to he knew the singer who he helped write it. Walking back up on stage. He was going to get her up on stage...he calls out. "Yo! Tonight we were given a big special request. There is going to be two more songs. The request is for someone's bestest friends birthday present. This first song is called You Found Me." he looks out and starts singing.(see included youtube video) Dancing in sync with the song. And then finishes playing and dancing in sync with the end of the song.

He finishes and then smiles. "The second song happens to be the bestest friends favorite song...it is called.....Addicted." And motions to the light person. "And part of this special request is someone close to her has requested something special." He smiles one of those heart throbbing grins. "Is there anyone out there by the name of Electra?" When people started shouting and pointing to where Electra was...the spotlight lights her up.

He walks to the end of the stage. Stopping a foot away from the edge. "Yo! Bouncers! Come assist the lady up onto the stage." he waits as two HUGE bouncers pick Electra up and set her on her feet in front of "Spike". He takes her by the wrist. Coaxingly guiding her to the center of the stage. Removing his soft yet firm skinned hand from hers. And he smiles. "This special request is from your bestest friend...Willow. Your birthday present is this..." he pauses. "Your going to be dancing on stage with me while I sing you favorite song..." he lets some suspense build up. "While I sing the song...directed at you rather than everyone." He begins to play. His shade covered gaze on her as he sings and dances to her song.(see below)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm 

When they started talking about a birthday girl, and her name was mentioned, she thought she might have a heart attack. Her heart pounded out adreline at a million miles an hour, and when she got to make her way up on stage, she was smiling so huge he might have been able to see all of her perfectly white teeth.

"Oh my god!" she breathed, looking at him. He made her melt. Made her forget everything. She wanted him, wanted to be with him, and wanted him to want to be with her. To have his children...oh god. To just get to kiss him...she thought she might die.

She swallowed hard, and stood there on the stage, trying to keep her breathing calm, trying to keep from screaming how happy she was. She licked her dry lips, looking him over, and she let out a little shudder and then a sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 pm 

Spike aka Jaren continues to sing the song for her. Tangoing her into a dip and then pulls her back up and then straightens her out. Spinning her out and then catching her. Pulling her in real close. Then releases her and walks away. "Thank you. That is all for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow evening for another awesome show." he says. Bowing and starts to walk off stage. He was tired. Period. It didn't matter who he was...he was wiped. He looks at her and heads out. Yet something fell out of his back pocket...a chain. Very similar to the one Jaren had worn. Hmm...

(it isn't figured out yet but it helps with the climactic build up. And please move the story along by skipping forward as much you think is needed.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 am 

She shifted on stage, a permenant blossom of red across her face. He was so hawt. And man could he sing! She watched him move to walk away and she noticed when the chain fell out. She glanced around for a second. No one seemed to notice, and if it fell out of his pocket, surely he wouldn't miss it so much? She scurried over to where the chain had fallen and picked it up. Her heart did that familiar pitter-patter in her chest, like a butterfly. "OMG!" she squealed and quickly tucked the chain into her pants pocket. She turned to watch him. It's ashame Jaren couldn't see this guy play...he was amazing!