All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:12 am 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The location is a huge and VERY haunted castle. Where the ghost that inhabit it can take on nearly completely solid forms even though they can disappear just as fast as a normal ghost. But these ghosts like to be seen. As they are very helpful except the loner ghost who tends to cause trouble and is a bit of a poltergiest. And your character is a ghost expert sent to solve the mysteries behind the ghosts and behind the violent actions of one ghost in particular. The ghost which is unhappy and has blood trailing down from its chest.

Along with the ghosts there is the old folklore surrounding the house that the first and youngest prince of the castle was murdered in cold blood by his own brother(s). Murdered due to being skipped for being heir to the royal thrown. And left to die a slow and painful death. And ever since he's haunted the castle and tries to chase off anyone who comes into the castle. expecially if they are staying for more than a short amount of time. And finally when he meets your character he decides he needs help to either come back to life or find peace enough to pass over. But before that can happen they need to solve the mystery behind his murder and find out who really killed him.

Arthur

Arthur looks around as he gazes at his surroundings. He had seen the same surroundings for over a century now. And was both bored and fascinated with the changes his castle has been undergoing. He growls. Too many people keep trying to inhabit his home. He hated this. He was going to chase off any and every single living being that enters his home. Besides...it wasn't like the people stayed long anyways. Living people seemed extremely afraid of the dead. Or ghosts as they were called by the living. He looks around again and smiles as he looked at his "reflection". He hadn't really had a reflection in a very long time.

He travels through his house with a silent grace and elegant steps. He had heard through the ghost vines that the humans called him a poltergeist. Which in a way he was...but he was protecting his home...right? So therefore it was okay...he hoped anyways.

He sighs as he looks out the window. He was leader and protector over nearly ALL the other ghosts in this house. Even the ones who had been ghosts long before he was ever ghostified by death. Though he couldn't remember much but he was wanting to know. Who had killed him? Why had they killed him? And what was it that kept him here?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:47 am 

Name; Jayne Noire
Age; 22

Jayne's eyes scanned the paper with the address in her ledger. The house certainly seemed grande, as she'd been told while trying to find it, and she did derive a strange feeling from it. But she was born skeptical and saught proof before jumping to conclusions. Jayne was familiar with ghostly existance and believed that spirits could be trapped within houses, but never took the word of townfolk into much consideration.

Sure, she had her equipment; EVP readers, temprature guages and the like, but Jayne had something special too. She had a high accurracy rate in sensing spiritual energy. She'd seen very few full-body apparitions, but could feel them from a mile away. She stepped out of the car and the strange tingling inside her that reared itself whenever a spirit was around. As she moved toward the house, it only became more influential. But she would not be swayed. Her and her black dufflebag full of science were headed inside.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:00 am 

Arthur sensed someone coming close. He felt people coming closer. Someone was trying to take over HIS castle. Take over what was rightful inheritence. This was HIS castle. And he would chase this one off. Like he had done all of the others. He would NOT be chased away. And he was NOT passing on. Not because he couldn't...no it was because he refused to do so. This was his home first. Before ANY of the living decided to take over it.

And he felt this one wasn't going to be easy to do. And he watchees her approach his home. Following her with an icy gaze. The centuries have passed by and it had not been easy life over that period of time. In fact his prescence had been attempted to be exorsized, moved on, and various other techniques. And there had been a few...rougher poltergeist acts to...encourage...them to leave.

He watches the beautiful woman enter his home. He would chase her off. He scowls and walks towards the entrance. No sooner had she entered his castle then the grand entrance doors slammed shut and would not open. He sends orders to the ghosts who'd lived here much longer to make ghostly sounds, bangs, and flickering lights. Enhancing the effect he caused by fading in and out of view.

He heads towards her. He was different from all the other ghosts. None of the others...had the extreme spiritual strength. And thus while it took quite a bit of spiritual energy...he could make a semi-solid to solidish form. And he would do so if it didn't work. He wanted her gone. And he was also different in he could actually speak.

That was more draining than solidifying but so much funner. And he could lift things in semi-solid to solid form. And could do normal ghost things like writing in the dust on the mirrors. "Go....away..." his ghostly and icy voice demands. "My...home...go...away." he repeats. He was flickering in and out of view. "If...refuse...stay...out...my...room." he says. His tone rigid and icy towards her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:46 pm 

As soon as she entered the entrance, Jayne's skin pulled over her bones, growing tighter around her facial muscles as though she were experiencing G-force. Gradually, the strongest apparition appeared in front of her and bade her to go.

But she would not be easily frightened away. With cold chills running through her veins, she withdrew an EVP device from her bag and held it aloft. "Who are you?" She demanded. She felt rather short of breath, but held back any signs of weakness. She had encountered spirits before, but none had terrified her so completely that she couldn't breathe. This one was quite differant. Stronger than the others that resided in the house, she would have to be careful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 am 

Arthur watches her. Sensing and seeing her feel his prescence. He watches her. Clearly expecting her to scream and run away. Or some other sort of reaction. He could see she feared him in a strange way. And he wonders why this didn't have the same effect on her as it had the many others before. Yes...he'd been at this chase off game since he'd "awakened" as a ghost. "Awakened"...dead. He couldn't remember very much. Name, age, rank, and a few other tidbits. The rest...was a vast enveloping swirl of blank nothingness.

He takes note that she was indeed NOT going to be chased away in fear. His eyes darkened to a dark void then change and gain color. Yes. Color. He was able to turn solid and regain hair and eye color. It took more energy but it made seeing her easier. He was a strange and VERY powerful ghost. Most likely due to his spiritual and soul energy and internal strength and power from when he was alive.

He didn't know and he didn't care. He wanted her...gone! Out of his home! He would NOT be removed from his rightful inheritance! This was HIS castle! His home! No one was going to take that from him!" he sighs mentally and looks at her. Staring at the strange contraption in her hand. His eyes a bright coppery amber hue. They take it in. "What...is...that?" he says. Curiousity there but it was still rigid and icy toned.

He glares at her. "No! Who are you?!" he demands. "This is MY home! MY castle! I will NOT be excorsized or removed from what is rightfully mine!" he says. His tone suddenly filled with anger. Books flew off shelves and flew wildly around. Hitting walls and things. Oddly enough...this place was spotless. Nothing...not even a cobweb or speck of dust could be seen anywhere. He stares at her. "Get out! Get out!" he yells angrily. Then visually forces himself to calm down.

"Why are you here?" he demands. His tone venomous...to the extreme. "This is my home. The ghosts and spirits in MY home...are not going to be forced out of here. Some have been here since before I...was..." he holds a ghostly yet clearly halfway solid hand to his head. "Killed?" he blinks. Looking rather perplexed by this strange memory. He shakes it away and looks at her.

"Fine. I will answer your question. As it has been taught to me that a man should at least do that. No matter how much he despises their prescence." he sighs. "My name is High Prince Arthur. Heir to the throne and this castle. Now who are you?" he demands.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:23 pm 

A kind of giddy delight and fear swept over Jayne as the man bbegan to speak coherantly. What a shock and thrill to have not only a full apparition, but an intelligent and completely audible response. It was unheard of! Even the best EVPs were garbled or muttered, but this was irefutable!

Then the books and other odds and ends began flying about, she blocked her face with her arms and tried to stablize herself, but fell from the force none-the-less. Jayne reached down to make sure her skirt was still covering her. Something about this spirit made her feel as though she had to; not because he would look, but because he could judge.

She knew the story behind the castle, but to actually hear it from the mouth of a prince, or one of the spirits who claimed to be. His solid form did resemble the portraits of the High Prince, who was illegidly murdered here. Could this be him?

Jayne did not move from the floor, but instead laid the reader on the ground next to her and tried to seem unintimidating, not a difficult task considering. "I am Jayne Noire Your Grace, and this is a recording device." Her voice trembled but slowly gained back some of the bravery that it had toward the beginning. "I am not here to force anyone away. On the contrary, people merely wish to know that you are here." This was the best way she could find to discribe why she'd come. Although she was hired, she had taken the case out of curiosity. Many had come to this castle and experienced these terrors, and she wished to see for herself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:49 pm 

Arthur watches the strange reaction go over her features. She was an odd one. In a strange attractive---He halted that line of thought. She might have looks but she was still dangerous. Among the living. Yet people thought the living could be sly and dangerous...death only makes you better at it. Yet she was confusing him nonetheless.

He looks at her. And studies her outfit. "Strange garbs...gypsy?" he mutters to himself. He hadn't ever seen the clothing of modern day. So he just summed it up to gypsy made perhaps. He looks at her. Watching her fall. He blinks. That was totally out of character for him. Yet...how hee knew that it was he hadn't the faintest of ideas. He looks at her. She wore such a strange outfit.

He walks closer still. Footsteps though a bit over halfway solid were silent as death. He stops a good four feet away from her. She stayed where she was and so did he. For the moment. An internal war between propriety and protecting his ghostly "people" warred with one another. Neither side winning.

He looks at the reader. It started picking up murmerings and ghostly wails of the other ghosts. Some ancient, some old, others new. All were trying to aid their Ghost Prince in chasing the intruder away. "Quiet my people. Still your chills. Silence your wails Stop the flickerings and bickerings." for a moment a smile much like the painting on the floor on agaisnt the wall near her...crossed his lips. Then it was gone mere moments later.

He looks at her. Closing the distance a bit more. "We do not want intruders. We tried that. Then those exorcists were called. Ghost hunters. And ironically some group of ghost people called GhostBusters(haha had to throw that in there for an attempt at humor), all trying to rid this place...MY home...of US!" he says. His anger towards that strong. It had an icy wind rush past between her and him.

Yet again he forces himself to calm himself down. "You are still not wanted her woman of the living." he says. Looking at her. "You can stay the night. Try anything...I will personally make your life a living hell." he says. Then relaxes. "I wish to know more about these strange objects and garbs that you are wearing. I have never seen this sort of clothing before. Expecially not higher than ankle level." he says.

This thought perplexing him. His royal edicate seemingly "slapped" him in the face. He bows a bit. "Forgive me. I caused your fall down. Now allow me to assist you in your rising up." he says. Standing straight and hold out his hand. It would be so icy touching ice in the north pole would feel a bit warmer. Yet very...solid. In an extremely ghostly sort of way. She'd only know this if she took the offered hand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:56 am 

Jayne intook a sharp breath, like Neil Armstrong before landing on the moon. She took the hand and allowed herself to be helped up into a standing position. Her cheeks flushed and she bent at the waist slightly herself. "The garment isn't meant to be immodest my lord," Her mind was quickly catching on to what she would have to do and say to survive in this envirnment. This spirit, this man was from an entirely differant time and was therefore unaware of the progression of time. He didn't have to adapt or evolve, such was the luxury of death. " it's only made this short to allow for quicker movement."

She brushed the hair from her face and tried not to look as though she were going to pee her pants in excitement and fear. There was an adrenoline rush like no other and it was at this time that she loved and regretted her career choice all at once.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:51 am 

Arthur watches her intake her breath. Strange...he couldn't recall the last time he had done that. He looks at her blushing. Helping her up was easy.....ish. He look at her. "I didn't think it was. I merely commented on I have never seen a...skirt that short before." he looks at her. "It could be considered modestyless...but that is if you follow the normal rules of what can and can't be worn." he shrugs. "I tended to forget that rule." he says. A faint sparkle showing in his ghostly colored eyes.

He looks at her. "What is it like outside? Is my land still beautiful? Do flowers still bloom?" he asks a bunch of questions so fast they all blurred together. "Oh. I see." he says softly. His expression spoke volumes. It said -I don't see but I do not see any point in argueing the point over her choice of attire.- Then the mask shot back up right as he thinks. [i]She is beautiful. I wish I could be truly solid. Not just a solid ghostly apperation.

He looks at her. And then glares. "Why do you living care about my castle? It doesn't matter if we spirits are dead or alive...we were ALL here long before ANY of you were born." he says. His tone icy as he pulled away and backed up a bit. And stares at her. "How are you doing this???" he demands. Not explaining WHAT he was demanding how she was doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:59 pm 

(I don't want to knit-pick, but you should really go back through those last couple of posts and read how many times you use the phrase "He looks at her". It's not a huge deal, but you might switch it up just a bit.)

"What is it that I am doing?" She inquires strongly, holding her hands at her hips. "And the reason the Living care so much about the Dead is because we don't understand them. Have you not ever been curious and saught answers?" She hoped she wouldn't get him angry again, or that she was tiring him or draining him of energy. Perhaps she would spend the night here, if she were still welcome to. The castle was grand and still beautiful, and this whole situation was like a dream that boardered on nightmarish.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:28 am 

(no I hadn't realized. my apologies. I will work on it as don't wish to chase off an rp partner)

He ignores her question at first. Mostly due to the fact he had caught himself off guard with that demanded question. He wasn't at first sure what it was he was asking her how she was doing it. So he begins to replay the scenes that had occured before the question was ripped from his mouth without him realizing it had even happened. Okay so it was ripped more like it flew out sneakily when he wasn't paying things any true attention.

He moves his gaze about the room. Avoiding looking at her or answering for a few moments. He returns his icy gaze to her. Looking around for a split second. How to explain it? How do you explain something you hadn't even realized you'd askenly said? He thinks and phrases it over and over again in his head. How to say what it was he wanted to know?

He decides to answer her after he'd been staring at her. Roaming his gaze over her studyingly yet not lingering in any one place long enough for it to be disrespectful. "What you doing...how is it you are making me feel? Care? And remember that there ARE other emotions and thoughts aside from anger and hatred. And occasionally confusion as to how and why you are the way you are now. You...is meaning me." he explains.

He tilts his head to the side studyingly. "I see...well what the Living do is destroy what they don't understand. Exterminate them due to fear. Fearing which leads to hating results in the destruction of many spirits." he points out. He scrunches his face up a bit. Then relaxes it. Trying hard to remember. Thinking as you could almost see those mental gears moving. Like they were in a thought bubble above his head. "Possibly. I can't remember." he says after a long and silence filled pause.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:41 am 

"It's true, fear only leads to distruction." Jayne concludes solomnly. "And its also true that the property of the dead has been encrouched upon; but I think the reasoning behind it is that those who live wish for a land of joy beyond earth for the dead." She wasn't sure where all of this was comming from. She suddenly became inspired, like an epiphany. "Therefore, they find it wrong that you are here, thinking that you should be in that land."

She stepped a bit closer and examined him. "Eternal hatred and anger... I'm sorry... a pain beyond imagination." A great sadness welled inside her and almost brought her to tears. She pushed it away, forcing it down into the soles of her feet. It wasn't right to become this attatched. Especially to one who was already gone. It was strangely like a working relationship. "But this is your home, and it still belongs to you and your... kin?" She shrugged, not knowing what to call the other spirits that lived about him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:06 am 

Arthur listens to her as she talked. He knew all this yet he respectfully listened to her talk. He lets himself become only slightly solid. He was nearly transparent now. He was clearly saving his spectral energy. He tilts his head to the side. "Yeah. Well. Wrong. We have just as much right to be on this plain of existance as any of the living. More so." he says. Crossing his arms over his chest in slight aggrivation. He looks around and then back at her.

"There is only stupidity then among the living. When I was alive we respected the ancestors and spirits that lived her long before us." he forms back solidly. Tilting his head to the side and for a amoment the bloody spiritual stain from his lower abdomin down was visable. The way he'd slowly bleed to death. He'd not even been given a quick death and it was quite obvious that he had bleed a lot before he died.

The only true place of ghostly blood was the abdomin. Though it then vanished into the white wisps that were surrounding his entire being. He looks at her. "Why you have tears beginning to rim your eyes? I haven't done anything to you." he says. Thinking maybe it was something he had done or said. Then shrugs it off mentally. He didn't care. He reminded himself. She was one of the living. One of...them.

He blinks and looks at her. "Yes. MIne. My castle. My people. No. Not kin. Friends and people." he says honestly. He walks closer. His nearly solid hand lays upon her cheek. "Your so warm." he murmers. And subconsciously strokes the skin of her cheek before letting his hand fall to his side. He hears a loud roaring rumble of thunder. "You need to stay here for the night...sounds like a bad one." he says.

Trying to make it sound reluctant. Which though it was...he was intrigued by this woman. "What is your name?" he asks simply.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:37 pm 

"Jayne, Jayne Noire." She was glad he'd only asked her name at first, because she could hardly form a coherant thought beyond "he touched he!" She nodded at the storm outside, and could understand traveling would be made more difficult by it. Perhaps staying wouldn't be such a bad thing. He seemed a little less hostile toward her.

On the other hand, if she stayed she could be lost here forever. What if she weren't permitted to leave? Or worse... The tears in her eyes had nearly vanished, but the thought of entrapment kept them on the brink For now, she would hold her cards and play the game as best she could.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:57 pm 

Arthur was looking at her with a puzzled and quizzical look on his handsome yet still ghostly face. He shakes his head. Chalking it up to women. And leaving it at that. Even in his mind. He watches as lightning lights up the room from the various windows. He got a good look at her. Not that he hadn't already. The lightning just lit up her features revealing just HOW beautiful she was. He looks at her. And waits. Then waits some more.

"Well? Are you staying or not? If you wish to turn down my very very rare kind gesture towards the living...get the hell out!" he says. Teeth gritted. "If you wish to stay here until the bad storm is over...tell me now. And I will guide you to a room." he stares at her intensely. "Not MY room. MY room is off limits. Your are FORBIDDEN to go inside my personal room." he says sharply. Yet there was AS much acid as when they first met.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:22 am 

She recoiled a little and nodded. "Understood. I would like to stay, if it still pleases." She prepared to follow him, wondering what state the room she would be given was in. Would it look as it did centuries ago? Or would it be ravaged by time? "If I might trouble you for- perhaps, something to drink? A glass of water or anything like that?"

The fear seemed to have encrusted on her throat. She wasn't hoping for much, as they were obviously beyond drinking anything. But perhaps they had a cub she might hold out the window to catch the rain? It seemed like a rediculous notion, but it was something. Either way, she just hoped he wouldn't get angry again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:54 am 

He looks around then back at her. Nodding his head. "Yes. I guess it does." he says grudgingly. Looking at the surroundings around his person. "Water? Oh right...yeah. There is plenty of fresh food and things. The old lady and her husband like to keep things fresh, stocked, and what not...its like they are expecting some sort of miracle. All they say to me is....one day you'll understand." he shrugs. "So...feel free to help yourself to whatever food and drink they have "aquired" or grown. They are ghost FAR older than even myself." He explains.

He looks at her. "I'm not going to bite your head off. Even if I wanted to...which I don't." he says softly. He looks at her. Randomly asking. "Do you like how spotless and clean my castle is? Mother said to always keep you domisile prestinely clean."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:13 am 

"It make sense to me," She replied to his last question. "If you enoy living here and wish to remain that you would keep it clean. It's very well decorated also." Jayne glanced around again, taking in the smaller details and trying to smile or find an expression to use. "Its almost... its almost inviting . I know that sounds foolish. I'm sorry." She looked rather embarrassed.

She looked around her, trying to spot the ghosts to which he'd alluded earlier. She was really quite thirsty, and a bit of something to gain her strength back seemed like a great idea. There was lots of mist and perhaps a few spectral images, but none as solid or distinguishable as he.