All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

A young male enteres a race to win a prize of 500,000 yen. The only problem is he doesn't have a car. But the solution to this problem comes in the form of a rich businessman who has the car but not the driver. The catch is they have to work for this person for free for a year. Though if they win the business person will give them 1 million yen plus the money from winning the race. Who could possibly turn an offer such as that down? What the male racer doesn't know is that the businessman is into a more shady business than the one that is know to the public. Will the racer get caught up in a web of lies and deciet or will the racer figure out before its too late the danger they are in?

Jason
American Racer

Jason was the best of the best in the states. And he had grown bored with the same old races that were monotonous and repeatative. He wanted to prove he wasn't just the American Racing prodigy. He was going to prove...American or not...he was THE best. So he packs his belongings. Sells his things and travels to Tokyo, Japan. Where he was soon living and racing. He didn't have a car but after bribing one of the street racers with over a thousand yen...which wasn't much of his money considering his American dollars...a single dollar equaled about 50 yen. He raced and won. He races and wins multiple races. From the street racing to the drag strips. He even gets taught the skill of drifting.

It wasn't long though before his crazy and unique theory of everything and anything on the track...was the track...earned him a street name. Along with this street name came his rep. He was now one of the best in Japan. But he aimed higher. He was going to be THE best. He refused to stay as one of the best. He was bound and determined to prove to Japans racers...there was racers better than them out there. His street name on the drag strips, street racing areas, and on the streets in general became "Offroader" as he often used anything for the road. Be it ramp or the metal fencing. He was called the crazy cool driver. As no matter what he used for track...he never crashed or misjudged a landing or move.

What these people didn't know was that he was very highly intelligent. Beyond normal genuis IQ levels...but he didn't use that intelligence. Not that it would help him in things beyond racing. He was on the lines of niave to the workings of the world outside the race. Racing was his talent. His passion. His very life force. His rep though eventually makes it to the ears of a fancy rich and shady businessman/woman. Not even three hours later he was in a deal to work for a year free and he gets 1 million yen plus 500,000 yen from the race should he win it. He blinks and wonders what just happened. He'd been walking and minding his own business. Next thing he knew sack over his head and then when it was removed a dark room and he was agreeing to race for someone he'd never seen.

Three days later he was racing when he sees someone on the outskirts of the track. He paid it no mind til after he pulled off a mixture of drifting and off roading. He was getting out the car when he sees the figure getting closer. It was a man/woman. Yet he/she was a bit intimidating. He wonders what he/she wants with him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:29 am 

Name; Komoaki
Age;
Profession; oiran (Japanese Courtesan)

A small, sinewy woman in an elaborate kimono stood on the wayside, batting the air near her face with her fan. She smiled invitingly toward the man approaching her, as she recognized him from the photo handed to her by her employer. Her zori made a slight crunching noise as she went to meet him. Komoaki bent slightly at the waist and introduced herself. Her voice was clear and had a lovely dialect.

"Ah, you must be Jason-san. I am Komoaki, it is a pleasure to meet you." She glanced around her with suspicious eyes. "I wonder if you may have a moment to speak with me in private?" Her delicately painted nails lightly brushed the fan as it continued it's beating of air. She had been given her instructions and was no stranger to charm. She just wondered how "american" this man really was.

(sorry it's so short. My next one will be longer. And I apologize for her swanny neck. It's just the way she's drawn.)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:39 am 

(lol its fine. I didn't notice the neck til you mentioned it. and I wonder what she means by how "american" this man was. hehe Jason has greek heritage so I'll be using my translator and including translation of things he says in Greek. Just a heads up)

Jason looks at the woman. She was beautiful but something sent his DANGER radar on the fritz. He looks around. Wondering why everyone seemed to have found other things to do and other areas to look at. Even his fan club had taken off. Oh well...he wasn't really into the whole fan club deal anyways. He watches her come closer. He found himself inthralled and very slightly entranced by this womans accented dialect.

He blinks and looks at her. "Do I know you?" he asks bluntly. Yet the air was filled with the confusion he felt. His tone echoed this confusion. He looks at her. "Nice to meet you Miss Komoaki." he says softly. Staring around and trying to find why she was looking around with suspicion in her eyes.

"No. I do not do talking where I can not be seen by others. I am not planning on another kidnapping me event. Nor do I wish to end up with a cap in my brain by going off with a woman I met less than two seconds ago." he says. Crossing his arms over his chest stubbornly. Looking at her. Her nails were beautifully painted and he looks at her. "Flattery and charm will get you nowhere with me...ómorfi? kyría (beautiful lady in greek)"

(and I love the picture :) )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 pm 

"I can see that you are a man of quick business." Her voice had a bit of a catch to it, as though she were going to laugh but stopped. "I onlly wished to speak with you about my employer, Mr. Haruhiri. He has seen you race and has a proposal for you."

Komoaki sighed mentally. She'd promised Harugiri-san that she would deliver him into his company within moments. Apparently it was going to take far longer than expected. Perhaps he would not come at all? What then? Terrible things might happen if she did not aquire him soon. However, she would not lower her dignity or self-respect.

One might think that a lady of her profession would have lost the respect for herself a long time ago; but in Komoaki's opinion the services she provided were elitest. Only women of a refined nature could woo a man into her arms and then bid them adieu without emotional attatchment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:57 am 

Jason looks at her. "No. I am merely a man of reality. And reality says...your up to no good." he says simply and bluntly. "I am not interested." he says simply. "I have learned people here are nothing but trouble." he stares at her. "And just for the record...you may be beautiful but there is no way in hell I'll EVER fall victum to your womanly wooing." he says bluntly. "I am not going to be a victum of your beneath the sheets tumbling. I know your type Ms. Komoaki...and I plan on avoiding your type of woman...like the plague."

His words harsh and pain laced the underside of the words. He looks at her. "Yes. A lot of people have seen me race. A lot of people have offered to let me drive their cars. And even more people want to offer me a contract and all that other bullshit. I am not getting caught up. So unless you have something that is worth wasting my time...leave me alone." he was sharp toned. He sighs and calms. "Look. I've been here under a month and have yet to find someone of real interest."

He shakes his head. "You have two minutes tops to state your propasal and catch my interest. Fail at that...buzz off...do you got it playgirl? In other words...you can't play a player Ms. Komoaki." he says. His eyes sparkled with mischief, playfulness, and teasingly taunting sparkles in his eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm 

The fan fell from Komoaki's hand as it rose to meet Jason's cheek with a brutal slap. Anger flushed through the white makeup and intensifies the red of her rouge. However, the momet she realized she'd slapped him was the moment she knew her life was over. He would never take the deal now that she'd hit him. "Cruel, senseless man..." She muttered. "You have only met me this instant and you-" The woman could hardly finish her sentance without breaking into insensed Japanese.

A man approached slowly, with a confident stride. He was a bit older, perhaps fifty. His hair was beginning to grey and his suit was tailored and out of date, but still looked like he'd just baught it that morning. With him, he carried a ledger of brown leather. His eyes were cold and iron-like. He looked from Komoaki to Jason and back again. It didn't take him long to asertain what had happened. The frown lines in his face deepened and he sighed.

If Komoaki had trouble with this man, that meant he would be difficult to handle. Hanagiri knew he would have to use the Falconing gloves when manipulating this man. He turned to the woman in the elaborate kimono and her face grew three shades whiter. In gruff Japanese, he ordered her to remain at his side and say nothing.

"Please," He bent at the waist and extended his hand. "I would like to apologize for the young lady's impoliteness. I am Mr. Hanagiri. A pleasure to meet you." With that being said, a sour expression flickered on Komoaki's already pinched face.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:35 pm 

Jason looks at her. "Hmm...guess I kinda deserved that one." he looks at her. "You came at me all flaunting and flirty. I'm from America Miss Komoaki...what were you expecting me to do? You approach me and try to talk to me like I'm stupid. I don't play games Miss Komoaki." he says to her. "I am not cruel...I have just been burned too many times. If I was to let you close...could you honestly say YOU would not take what you wanted and bid me goodbye?" he asks bluntly and straight to the point. "I doubt it. In my experience...women love to get what they want then move along. If your different I apologize only for the assumption. Nothing more. Nothing less."

He ignored her and started to walk away. Groaning and looking at the old man. "What you want old timer?" he asks. Yeah. He was blunt. Wasn't his fault. Raised on the streets and all that. He didn't come from an even slightly cushy background. Nope...his daddy was the biggest baddest mafia don out there. And he didn't even know Jason existed. His mother ran off with him. Got killed and he'd been left waiting for his mother to return only to learn that was never happening.

He looks at the old man. He stares at him. He glares at him. "I do not want an apology from YOU. I deserved that. I do not need YOU to go around enforcing your unwanted and unneeded apologies on me." he calms. "I see. She was not impolit Mr. Hanagiri. It was quite the other way around. I misinterpreted her actions and lingo." he says. Ignoring the offered hands. "Look. I ain't into all that formality ****. I am NOT shaking your hand. You could own the entire world...I still wouldn't shake it."

He looks at him. "What pleasure? Look. I have plans elsewhere. Can you cut to the----" he blinks as some goons in suits grabbed ahold of his arms with one of their fat muscular ones. His firey gaze shoots to Mr. Hanagiri. "Well...that isn't very nice." he says sarcastically and breaks free of the goons and stands on top of them after causing them to head first collide into each other. "What do you want Mr. Hanagiri?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:07 am 

"I want you, Jason-san." Hanagiri folds his hands in front of him and keeps a rather calm exterior. He could tell this was no fault of Komoaki's and already detested this man. Reguardless of his disposition, he wanted him to drive and needed the skill. "I'd like you to race for me. In return, you will recieve all your prize winnings and a monthly payment of six-thousand yen."

Mr. Hanagiri was a man of business and knew, or thought he knew, at which pace to make his proposal. He laid out each detail brick by brick so that he could make decisions as they arose. He knew that the first rule of poker was "do anything to prevent your hand from leaking onto the table".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:02 am 

Jason looks at him. "San? What the hell is san?" he asks. Looking at Hanagiri watching his exterior. You don't grow up on the streets and NOT learn to know when someone is talking or showing **** out their ass. He glares at him. And listens. You could almost see the mental gears in his head whirring. He knew poker. And he knew this man knew how to play this game of "poker". Yeah while money was all well and good. His offer wasn't good enough.

He looks at him. Smiling a smile ANYONE would recognize as a devil may care grin straight up off the streets of America. He crosses his own arms. He pretends to ponder some more. He grins. And takes a long moment before speaking. He throws out his counter offer. And then adds in the ultimatium.

"All the prize winnings, three-thousand yen, an old timey street race drifter care to refurbish from ground zero to pimped out race car, and the company of Ms. Komoaki's prescence. I enjoy the company of a lady who isn't afraid to speak her mind. Stand her ground when needed. And any woman who can actually use a fan as a weapon to smack you with...is cool in my books."

He pauses. "Refuse find another racer. I'm SURE there are OTHER men like you who would LOVE to have my crazy ass skills. I am not an egotist...I am stating what others have told me." he grins. "I am called Offroader for a reason Mr. Hanagiri. Take it or leave it."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 pm 

"What you ask is absolutely doable, and I'm sure Ms. Komoaki would be thrilled to spend evenings with you." He turned to look at her with an eye that warned her not to fail. She nodded and smiled.

"It would be a pleasure now." She agreed, holding the hand that has struck him in the other in front of her.

"Excellant. I will have someone set to work on finding a car that suits you." He began to turn and walk away, the less time he spent in the man's company the better. However, he had one final point to make before he left. "I'm sure this arrangement will be benificial for all of us, one way or another." Hanagiri chose his words carefully and continued to stroll back to the entrance. Followed by the two men from before.

Komoaki stayed behind, her anxiety slowly fading into caution. "Well, you certainly know how to bargin." She sighed. "But you must be careful with the respect that you give and recieve. Mr. Hanagiri is a... a very powerful man." She didn't want to give to much away, hoping Jason would just think he was some rich old man who wanted a racer. "If you can gamble, you might win while on his side."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:05 am 

Jason nods his head. "Then you got yourself a racer Mr. Hanagiri." he says simply. Looking to Ms. Komoaki for confirmation. He didn't want the word of some old fogie almost geezer age saying it. He wanted the words striaght from the source. He gets a goofy smile on his face for a moment. Then if vanished. As if he realized he was allowing himself to be...normal....ish.

He nods his head. He looks at him. "Awesome. In the meantime...I'm gonna go eat. My stomach has been demanding food for a couple of days now." he says simply. Blinking and looking at the old man in confusion. Then shakes his head. Shrugging it off as simply and old mans babblings.

He turns his attention back to Komoaki. He sighs and nods his head. "Yes. I suppose that is one of the few good results of my upbringing." he says. The bitter undertone spoke differently than the words should have sounded like. He looks at her. "I give respect where it is given. And as far as I'm concerned...I gave him my respect. Respect for a guy growing up like I did...is earned. Not freely given."

He looks at her. Nodding his head. "Rich men usually are." he sighs and looks at her. "Yeah. I can gamble." he shakes his head. "Life is a gamble Komoaki. Oh by the way...call me Jason." he says. Giving her a smile. "You hungry Komoaki? If so...lets get dinner. My treat." he looks at her.

"And before you protest...I must insist upon allowing me this small honor." he smiles. "To make up for the challenge I put you through." he shrugs. "Can't be too careful. If a chick can't handle herself and stand up for herself...she ain't worth my time. Let alone me bothering to be respectful to her." he points out. And laughs. "Grew up on the streets. What about you Komoaki...what type of lifestyle did you have growing up?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:18 am 

"I would love something to eat about now," she smiles warmly at his first question and the offer of his honor. "All day I've been going and going without anything to eat." But when the subject of her family came up her smile faded back a little.

"I-I don't feel that I should speak of my family here." She slowly shakes her head, bobbing her hair ornaments like wind chimes. "It is a long and... very sad story that I don't feel would intrest you. But come, we will eat now and then talk, yes?" Like a mask, her smile returned. Her eyes returned to their former sharpness and she seemed back in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:40 am 

Jason nods his head. "I know this place has lots of places with American resturuants sprinkled in here and there. But..." he pauses. "....where would you like to go Komoaki? Since you are the one being treated, you pick the place." He smiles warmly at her. "And for the record...money is not a problem. I have more than enough to treat a lady such as yourself...to a fine meal of her liking and desire." he says honestly.

He blinks and stares discreetly. He had noticed the split hair trigger change in her expression. Knew almost as quickly this was a touchy subject. And was thinking to himself Great. Brilliant. Smooth move you totally went south with that groove. He looks at her. "That is fine. I can wait. I do know I would find getting to know a potential friend...very intersting." he smiles playfully at her.

"Unless its about women things like shopping...then you can count me out." he grins. "I would be utterly clueless as to the point of the conversation. And would be lost as to the purpose and meaning of such a conversation." he says honestly. "Yes. Lets go eat." He takes her by the hand. "THough...where do you wish to eat Komoaki?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:52 am 

"American food..." She thinks for a minute and something sparks in her memory. "When I was living with my mother in Nagoya, I saw a movie where there was a diner. Do you know..." She seemed a little caught in the language and struggled a minute. "It is difficult sometimes; diner, dinner, sometimes these words throw me off the boat. You understand the diner? With-" she gestured with her hands, making a rolling motion. " the home-made kinds of food, mashed potato and gravy, uh- meatloaf, I think?"

She laughed, a little embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I am making a fool of myself. It look like someplace I've never tried before. Are you interested?" They reached the entrance and broke out into the large tunnel leading to the open streets outside, full of people.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:45 pm 

He looks at her. Noding his head. Tilting his head to the side in curiousity. "Hmm..." he racks his brain. He knew he had seen a place such as the one she was describing. He focuses in on her. He grins a bit. "Yeah. I have the same problem with some of the Japanese words." he says honestly. Looking at her. Nodding his head. He grins. "You want that sort of stuff? Get me a kitchen! We can save money. I make awesome american food. As well as Italian and Mexican. Mostly the first two though."

He looks at her. Shaking his head. "It is fine." he says softly. Looking at her. "Know of a kitchen I can cook us up some grub?" he asks her. Smiling a bit. "I can give you a true American cuisine...american style." he says with a somewhat goofy grin upon his face.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:29 am 

She titters behind her hand, knowing of only one kitchen that would do. The one in her penthouse. "I know of a place we can go. But- I feel a little bad; you are the guest, you should not have to cook for my enoyment." Her smile widens none-the-less and pulls at one of the ornaments in her hair. Loosening it and pushing it back into place.

They reach the parking lot and she waits by his side to decide what to do next.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:19 am 

He watches her. Wondering what was going through her mind. "Well than let us go there." he smiles. Tilting his head to the side studyingly. "Who said it would be merely for your enjoyment?" he asks teasingly. Smiling at her. "I must insist you allow me to cook for you the American cuisine." he says. Looking at her stubbornly. Smiling a bit at her. "Well? Lead away mylady...to the kitchen we shall go." he says. He laughs. "You need to relax a bit. Your so tense...I offer you a massage. No pervertedness...I swear."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:11 am 

"I- uh," Her words were coming together very slowly, trying to climb over the cultural wall that had been there since the beginning. What was "polite" and what was "socially acceptable". 'I would love to try your American Cuisine." She told him as she reached the car Mr Hanagiri had left her. "And I'm sure that the-uh- massage would help as well."

There was something that she wasn't understanding though. The fact that he was unwilling to be perverse with her behind closed doors was, well odd and almost seemed insulting at first. But perhaps Americans were still the old-fashioned way they used to be, where sex was forbidden until marriage or something rediculous like that. She didn't figure that's how America worked, but perhaps his family had raised him to think that way She couldn't be sure.

In a smoke-filled room, several men sat around a thick wooden table and talked in hushed Japanese. "So he turned down Komoaki's proposal? Well, that's a strange turn of events." Oe of them concluded.

"Yes," Replied a man who was clearly Mr. Hanagiri. "But we convinced him. He asked for a rather reasonable amount. However, I have a feeling that he will be troublesome. So my chief mechanic has installed something special in his costom racer to, shall we say- bring the bite out of him." The crowd laughed with mild amusement and returned to what they were doing

(Your character obviously doesn't know this is going down, but I felt I would give you as the rper a taste of what might happen later if that's alright)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:13 am 

He looks at her. Smiling warmly. "You will love my cooking. I'm sure of it." he says. Looking at the car. "Wow...that is one expensive set of wheels." he says. Whistling in appreciation. He looks at her. "Hey...I'm glad we got off to a bumpy start. Makes the barrier crossing that much more interesting. Otherwise...we wouldn't be getting along so well. At least...that is my theory." he says with a chuckle. He pulls her close lightly. Whispering in her ear. "We do whatever you want after the massage and dinner. Whichever occurs first that is." he places a tiny kiss upon her neck and then her cheeks. And lets her go. Opening the car door. "Huh...shouldn't leave an expensive car unlocked." he says. Looking at the vehicle. "Let me check for explosives. I never trust an unlocked vehicle." he says. And starts to search for bombs. Checking under the hood. In various places. And finding none relaxes. "Alright...she's clean." he says to her.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:03 am 

"In that case, I am not as sorry that I struck you." Komoaki muses, allowing herself to be drawn close and breathing in the smell of the racer; sweat, perhapse cologne or aftershave of some kind. It was an inviting aroma and the fact that he was bold enough to lay a kiss on her was somehow charming as well.

The door was indeed unlocked. She had come with her employer and had been given the car to entertain. He'd left in the company of others, as was the plan. The thought of explosives being placed in the car hadn't occurred to her, but wasn't an entirely absurd concept. "I will give you directions", she tells him and slides into the passanger seat. In her experience, men liked to be the ones to drive. There were two things that struck her about Jason however. One was that he had made driving his profession and may be burnt out on it; and the other was that he had made driving his proffession and may wish to do it all the time. Either way, it was his call.