All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:57 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

(this is from an idea that was started by a combined idea plotting of mine and Sweet-chan)
Mynxa

Mynxa may be frozen in animation. Frozen in time by the crystilized ice which encased her. The orb glows brighter then dimmer. Every time it was dim there was a reflection in the orb that lit up a human form. The orb continues to glow as if following someones heartbeat. Which it was. It was keeping her alive. She could sense rather than see the others presence. She feels excitement. Which makes the orb glow brighter and brighter. As if it was challenging him to break it open.

Last edited by zoruna on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:16 pm 

Blog: View Blog (2)

He looked at the orb, his eyes widened. A new treasure possibly?
He pressed his hands against the crystal, peering inside. He saw a girl inside.
"How curious..." He stepped back looking at the pulsating light, it was radiant.
He had sailed miles to this destination on a whim. Something beckoned him to this location. All he had to do was find out what.
He folded his arms looking at the orb wondering what could possibly open it. His left hand fiddled with his necklace. He pulled it out to look at it. It was a sliver of a crystal, he looked at the orb. He reminisced for a second as he clutched the sliver in his palm.
He had found this necklace in a tavern. He won it in a game of liars dice. It was a bit dirty, he figured it was circulated around for years.
He came back from his flashback and studied the orb. It was the same color as the sliver he owned. He suddenly noticed a chip in the orb. He ripped the necklace from his neck. He took the sliver off the string and began to place it inside the chip of the massive orb.

Attachments:
Saffron_Skies.jpg
Saffron_Skies.jpg [ 72.23 KiB | Viewed 7822 times ]

I love this:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 pm 

(mmmmmmmmmmmmm *stares at smexy pirate guy* wow........anyways...nice intro)

Mynxa was feeling the prescence of another getting closer. Would she finally be set free? Set free from the fallen city of Atlantis. Upon its final hours as it was sank into the sea....they sealed their youngest princess in an orb of eternity age. Meaning until she was set free she didn't age in any way, shape, or form. And then the cave which was the only way in...grew up into the form of a volcanic island.

No one except the very bravest of all sailors would dare to risk an active volcano's wrath by entering. If there was another prescence...it meant someone had. She only could speak Atlantian. But she would be able to learn. She was born with a special marking in the middle of her forehead. The orb felt its missing chip sliding its way back to where it belonged. The sliver fused back into its place within the crystal.

And then the radiant glow got brighter. Its wonderful warmth got warmer still. And then with a flash of light the orb shatters into dust particles. And a young woman is lowered down onto her knees. She lets out a soft sound of escaping air. Her eyes closed as if in a peaceful rest. Then she slowly opens them. It was like a scene out of an anime film. So perfectly did those lashes rise. She tilts her head to the side. Looking at him. She would wait to see if it was alright to talk.

(will include in the post in which the marking is spotted by your character. my next post will contain a pic of it.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 am 

(I know he is sooooooooo cute! =D It took me literally forever to find a hot yet strong pirate, that also had to look young enough to play the part lol)

He watched, trapped in awe at the marvelous sight. The warmth went through him like a wave. He began to breath softer, everything seemed easier. He had never felt so happy because of warmth, but this had to be different.
He saw the maiden fall to the ground. She was radiant. A perfect being, he thought to himself. He would covet this treasure, and knew it probably would be the downfall of him. But he didn't care. He never felt so at ease, especially in the presence of this woman.
When she tilted her head, he took a deep breath. What could he say? He pondered for a second, hoping she would talk first. Nothing but silence was heard from her. He walked toward her slowly holding out his hand for her to touch. He did not want to scare her, he thought of what a horrible first impression that would make.
"Miss?" He studied her eyes for a second, "Are you alright?"
He stopped kneeling down in front of her. He made direct eye contact hoping that she could find a way to trust him enough to talk.

I love this:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:34 am 

Mynxa wasn't sure why he seemed so...relaxed. Was he always so relaxed? So many thoughts raced through her head. So many questions with so few answers. She stares at him and yet does so in a way that it is not uncomfortable to the other. He looks at her and still she stayed silent. Would he even understand her when she spoke? Would he know the language of Atlantians? What sort of clothing was it he was wearing?

She looks at him. Watching him hold his hand out. Perhaps this was some form of greeting? She extends her hand like he did. Looking between their two hands and then reaches out further. Poking his hand as if to make sure he was real. She decided he was. Now was he safe enough to trust? She decides to take that risk. She places her hand in his.

And looks up at him. Her mind understood his language but she didn't know how to speak it. She watches him. Looking at him. Staring into his eyes(what color are they?) and tilts her head to the other side now. Studying him for a moment longer.

She then opens her mouth and speaks. Atlantian. The only tongue she knew while she could understand any and all languages. (using Latin for Atlantian. Will include translations) "Salve? Quis es? Mynxa sum. Quomodo fit cremer orbis aeterna protectione? Ego autem alright. Ubi ceteri? Populus meus vivit?" (Translation: Hello? Who are you? I am Mynxa. How did you rescue me from the orb of eternal protection? And I am alright. Where is everyone else? Are my people alive?) Her mark showing as the bangs moved out of the way just a teensy bit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:39 am 

(his eyes are dark blue. XD sorry about that detail.)

His hands fit perfectly around hers. He watched her staring at him. He saw fear in her eyes briefly. She spoke, and his eyes widened. It was the language of the ancients. The language of Alantians. He forced his smile not to escape. What a great treasure she was. He listened as she spoke, picking out the few words he thought he knew. None of it made sense to him in the end.
He placed his hand on her cheek, his other hand still holding hers. He tried to calm her a little. He looked at the mark on her forehead. What is that? He thought to himself. He looked back into her eyes. Her skin was soft on his rough hands. He though again about what she said.
"Mynxa..." He murmured.
He took his hand off of her face, he placed it down by his side. His hands grasped the loose dirt with a rake of his fingers. This girl was a curiosity to him.

I love this:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:42 pm 

Mynxa stares in surprise that his hands could cover hers. They engulfed her hands perfectly. Seeming to swallow it into the space between them. She was afraid...yes. But it was not fear for herself which she held. No it was fear for her people. Where were they? Why was it so quiet? This place was usually loud, noisy and lively. So why was it so very, very quiet? She makes a clearly thinking hard face. She was visually trying to remember something but...nothing came to mind. What had happened to have her sealed in the orb of eternal protectio?

She blinks and looks to the hand on her cheek. Her eyes filled with curiousity and wonder. She didn't know what he was doing or why. She just kne w she wasn't feeling AS worried. She was still worried but somehow having the prescence of another calmed her. She tilts her head to the side again.

Staring down at the hand holding hers. She moved her gaze to meet his once more. She looks at him. Watching his every movement. She smiles a bit timidly. She wonders who he was and looks around. Trying to regain her bearings. "Quis es?" She writes it in symbols which were Atlantian as well. She was still trying though. "Who are you?" (Translation of both: Who are you?)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:03 pm 

He watched her worry, it made his stomach churn. He felt her worry, felt every emotion that poured off of her. He cornered his mouth into a calming smile.
When he saw her smile, he took a deep breath of happiness. He hoped that his calming technique was working. He watched her intently. Then when the words she muttered, he smiled widely.
"Who am I?"
For a minute he thought she was joking. He was one of the most known pirates on all the 7 seas, he was ruthless, and sneaky in everything he did...until now. But he looked at her, he saw no recognition of him in her face.
He sighed in contentment, "I am Nathaniel Roche, miss...."

I love this:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:23 pm 

Mynxa looks at him. Seeing him give a calming smile helped her relax that internal storm of emotions. She looks at him. Nodding her head. And repeats it. Her eyes sparkling as he finally got what she was asking. Her eyes filled with that sparkle of life and joy. She claps her hands together happily. A big beautiful smile crosses her soft skinned face. She smiles and looks at him. "Mynxa." she explains. Saying it again. "Mynxa." and points at herself. She yipes as she hears other men. Bolting and hiding behind a fallen wall piece. Peering out over it.
Captain....your arch-nemesis is demanding your prescence. His men and yours are at a stand still." he gulps. "Brandon demands your prescence or he will sinks your ship."
Mynxa realizes the man knows Nathaniel. She slowly crawls out from behind the wall. Running up and clings to the back of her new friends shirt. Peering around his side even as his man looks at his captain in questioning confusion. She held onto him with one hand. Held onto him like he was a lifeline.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 pm 

Nathaniel clenched his teeth. Damn, what should he do? He would not leave Mynxa alone in the cave, nor would he let Brandon lay eyes on her. He looked at her not sure of what choice he should make. He swallowed hard. It felt like a rock had embedded itself deep in his throat, for once he cared what happened to another. He looked her in the eyes.

"Mynxa...I need you to stay behind me," He said quietly, "Everything will be fine as long as you stay by my side."

He began to walk slowly, he held her close. He drew out his sword, it's metal shone in the dim light. The entrance came into their vision quickly.

I love this:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:27 am 

Mynxa looks at him. Clinging now to the back of his shirt. Not wanting him to leave her behind. She nods her head. Following him closely. She was almost pressed into his back yet at the same time wasn't. He led the way and she willingly followed. Her eyes filled with confusion and she wonders why he drew a sword. Was he going to get hurt? She didn't want her releaser to get hurt. She would help him should he need the aid of added power. Or even of her power over all the aspects of power.
Brandon scowls. "What took you so long? **** or just ****ing around again? What brings you here? Find some treasure. For your sake you best be handing it over." he says in a violent almost psychotic way.
Mynxa looks up at the back of her friend and savior. He didn't have any treasure...did he?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:44 am 

He smiled at Brandon, almost as if he were insulting him. His hand laid his sword casually by his leg. He laughed at him.
"Not a very warm welcome mate."
He looked at him with a gleam of sarcasm in his eyes.
"I was on the look for treasure, until I was so rudely interrupted." He huffed shaking his head with a smile, "So I have not found anything that would be important to you."
He pulled Mynxa closer, he would never let him have her. She was his now, his treasure...
"So, how about you go board that dingy ship of yours and set sail before I change my mind of letting you live."

I love this:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:37 am 

Mynxa watches this transfer of insults and glares. She wonders why they hated each other so. Even if she wanted to ask she didn't know how she would be able to do so. She made a decision. She did not like this other man. And if he stepped any closer with intent to harm Brandon...she would protect her friend and rescuerer. So for now she watches. Silently but surely...she watches. And it was not long before her fear occured. She watches the scene unfold.

Brandon growls and moves menacingly closer. He draws his gun and points it at his foe. "I will shoot your brains out! Don't push me!" he says in a dark growls. He undoes the safety on his gun. He points it no more than four feet away. Point blank. And pulls the trigger.
(not killing your guy just setting it up to appear that way BUT keep reading.)
Mynxa saw the man fire the strange weapon. She closed her eyes and since she was clinging to Nathaniel he'd feel her hands get warmer and warmer til they would feel sauna hot yet it didn't burn him. Just mere seconds before the bullet would have ended Nathaniel...it hit a white barrier type shield thing. And she opens her eyes. Speaking in Atlantian. Commanding the spirits, souls, and powers over all forms of power to aid her in her quest.

"Spiritus vires super vita et sanguine. Animarum naturis omnes spiritus potestate virtutis. Lorem succurre tuendos noster. Fero numina tuebitur omnis, qui hominum Nathaniel's deposito qui amicis inimici." (Translation: Spirits over the powers of life and death. Souls and beings who control all spirits of power. Please come to my aid in protecting my friend. I summon the powers that will protect all who are Nathaniel's men and thrust away those who are my friends enemies.)

A wave of power forms knocking Brandon and his men back. Forming a barrier between the foes crew and captian alike. Then a swirling vortex of power forms from the center of the barrier. It sucked Brandon, crew and his ship inside then launched them airborn...far, far, far away. She crumples to her knees. Panting and sweat trickled her face. too long...been so long since I used my powers. That was more taxing than I thought it would be.she thinks to herself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:07 pm 

He smiled as Brandon had pointed the gun in his face. No fear as he pulled the trigger. He was a pirate, death was natural. He had made peace with the reaper many times before then. But as the bullet neared him, he closed his eyes in hidden terror. If he died, what would happen to Mynxa?! His mind race with possibilities.

He heard nothing except the ringing of the gun shot in his ear. Felt nothing but fear and worry. His heart raced. He felt a strong wind. He opened his eyes just in time to see everything blow away. Brandon's crew and ship, gone in an instant. His eyes widened. He thought he was hallucinating from the heat...until he looked at Mynxa.

She was on the ground withered from exhaustion, he knelt beside her. Had she done this? He wondered to himself.
"Mynxa..." He was at a loss for words for once in his life. His perplexed expression was more than enough to show his worry and confusion.

I love this:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:23 pm 

Mynxa was panting. Sweat beads trickling down her skin. Expecially noticable on her face and the back of her neck and shoulderst that were revealed by the flowing hair falling over her shoulders. Shielding her face on both sides from the sun. She saw or rather...felt his prescence get down to her level. She was exhausted. To say she was withered was putting it lightly and gently.

She hears her name and looks up at him. Tilting her head weakly to the side. Then places a hand to check if he was alright. He was. She smiles and pats his cheek. Then using some of her last shreds of energy she wraps her arms around his neck. Burying her face in his shoulder. Before looking up and talking. Atlantian words spilling from her lips. Her worry and caring fear for his safety was evident in her tone and rapid speaking.

"Okay tua! Benedicam dominum! Ego cavi te Non potui mihi non sit? Non potui tantum permitte amici salvatoris occisi Felicem me! Noli timere nec odio me." (Translation: Your okay! Thank the lord! I was worried about you! I couldn't let myself fail! I couldn't allow my only friend and savior to be killed! I am so happy! Please don't hate or fear me!) She had soft crystaline tears trickling down her face. "Tuta. Nam gaudeo." (Translation: Your safe. For that I am glad.)

His first mate, Jacob, walks over. "Cap'n. Ye are safe and alive. Ye little lady here saved ye and all of ye crew life there. Used some sorta magical power stuff. Started talking in some weird tongue. Stopped ye from a bullet to the brain." he says. "If ye believe her safe...me and ye crew all will too."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:51 pm 

He smiled a little as she spoke. He was glad to hear her voice. Even if it was worried and panicked. He embraced her. She had saved him.
He looked over at Jacob and nodded, "Aye...she is safe. We will take her aboard."
He swooped her up into his arms, figuring she would be too weak to walk. He cradled her gently, and walked past Jacob.
He got into the dingy he left there earlier. The rest of his crew boarding in other small boats. He set Mynxa gently inside, he caressed her cheek briefly as her set her down. Nathaniel took ahold of the oars and began to push out toward his ship. His breathing was easy and his eyes shone a new serenity. He continued rowing as he looked out to the vast sea. The sunset barely breaking over the golden horizon of the water.
"The sea...she is a beautiful thing. Full of mysteries and new beginnings." He sighed looking at her, "It's probably why I chose the pirate life..." He thought for a second, why did he really choose a life such as this? He paused for a second listening to the water rush over his oars.
"Mynxa?" he looked over at her, "Thanks...for earlier."
Since when did he learn manners?! He never before said thank you and meant it. He swallowed hard. His mind racing. This girl could possibly change him, if it wasn't too late. He kept his composure as calm as he could make it.

I love this:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:08 am 

She looks at him. Smiling a bit after he embraced her. She lays her head upon his shoulder. "Pax tibi. Gaudeo. Tu mihi curae. Salvabis me a sæculo orbem."(You are safe. I am glad. I care about you. You rescued me from the orb of eternity.) She held onto him. She was indeed to weak to walk. She had used a lot of energy to save him and his men. And she sits down where he set her. Blushing softly as he caressed her cheek. She liked him a lot. She looks out over the sea. "Maris. Quae domi praecipitavit. Credo factum est. Sicut in stabat in orbe est. Sic mare hausit oportet civitatem." (The sea. She swallowed up my home. I believe that is what happened. As I was resting in that orb within there. So the sea must have swallowed the city.)

She was holding a conversation with him. Even if he didn't understand her. She understood him. She giggles a bit. Finding the pirate thing exciting. She was looking out over the sea when he called her name. She looks at him. Smiling warmly and happily. She leans forwards and falls into his lap. Yet looks up at him. Placing a soft kiss upon his cheek. A way of saying your welcome. She was regaining her energy. Her eyes sparkling with excitement as she saw the ship. "Ut sit amet nibh. Graviterque. Ego in reverentia ornata. Utinam satis vim explorare. Ego autem adhuc maius est." (That is big. And impressive. I am in awe at its beauty. I wish I had enough energy to explore it. But I have you still which is more important.) She leans into him as he helped her up onto the ship. She looks around with sparkling eyes.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:02 pm 

Nathaniel hid the blush that dared creep onto his face as Mynxa's lips touched his cheek, even as she cradled herself into his lap he still held it back. It had been awhile since he had felt a woman's touch. Yet he found he did not care about what other pirates may think. His soul purpose of coming to the old island in the first place was to find a treasure. What a treasure Mynxa was to him. He would not flaunt her, he was too afraid another would snatch her away. He let his blush out, and felt tons better. Mynxa was part of his life now, and he would never hide that fact again.

Even on the boat, as his crew mates secured the last dingy onboard, Nathaniel held Mynxa's hand in his unashamed. Everyone on the ship knew that a sword would end them should they say anything. He looked at her expression and smiled a little. His eyes gleaming at her.
"Welcome aboard Serpent's Gale, Mynxa."
He enjoyed watching her take in the surrounding of the ship, but he soon remembered he was captain.

"Orders Cap'n?" A gruff voice said behind them.
Nathaniel turned to see a scruffy looking pirate, with wise eyes and a untrimmed graying beard.
He eyed the pirate with a small smile, "We are setting sail east, we will make port in Cateru, I have a feeling I can find someone who might help me translate Mynxa's language."
"Aye aye." He said giving both of them a slight bow before leaving to do his duty.
"Jacob, steer the ship for awhile," Nathaniel barked toward the quarterdeck of the ship.
Nathaniel turned his attention back to Mynxa, looking into her eyes. Watching the slight sea wind move her hair, and the remaining sun shining beautifully on her skin. He smiled at her.
"Now, if you would like, I would gladly show you around the ship Mynxa."

I love this:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:45 am 

Mynxa looks at the ship. Looking around it. And smiles as he had blushed. Nuzzling him softly. On the ship he explained what the ship was called. She says it. Smiling as she gets one word out that is similiar. "Serpentes Gale." (Serpents Gale) She says. Looking around the ship and smiles at him. Jumping and looks at the scruffy pirate. Eyeing him confusedly after hiding her face in Nathaniels side for a moment. She looks at him and giggles a bit. Listening a tiny bit. Smiling happily. She understood what was being said and it was clear by the way her eyes shined. She hugs him more. Looking at her. She felt the wind in her hair and the sun on her skin. She smiles up at him. Nodding her head. "A-y-e?" she says in a sounding out. Trying to say it like she'd heard them saying. Looking up him trying to see if she said it right. Smiling at him hopefully. "Aye?" she says hopefully. She smiles and nuzzles him a bit more.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:14 pm 

He smiled at Mynxa's actions. Admiring the curiosity of this girl. She acted like she had never seen the world before, and if she hadn't Nathaniel couldn't wait to show her.
And as she muttered 'Aye' He smiled, he knew that word, he knew that word anywhere. He took her hand leading the way. He took her to the main places on the deck of the ship. He pointed out the crow's nest, starboard, port, the bow, bridge, and stern. After showing her the things above deck, they soon wandered down below. Into the cabin's of his crew mates, he explained to her that even further down in the ship was the brig.
He brought Mynxa back up to the deck and he took her to a door that was sealed tight with a old lock. He put his free hand in his pocket and soon brought out a old golden key. He unlocked the door and it creaked open. He allowed Mynxa to step inside first, and he followed closely behind.
He watched her face change with a complacent smile, "And this is my quarters."

The room was a descent size and was filled with clutter. The walls were painted a light earth tone and a floor rug laid right in the middle of the most open space. Brown shelves hung with priceless treasures that Nathaniel had come across in his lifetime lined a small portion of the wall. To the back partially parted statin curtains hung infront of the windows that lined a side of the wall in a brilliant golden ivory color. Up a few steps was a bed with a canopy and two small end tables on each side. Across the room on the other side was a large oak desk covered with maps and letters that had piled up over the month.
"This is also where you will be staying Mynxa..." He trailed off with a small blush covering his face.

I love this: