All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crumbling Down...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:28 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Arro seemed to grin as she shook out her fur, then he bounded forward in to the quick running stream and slashed around for a few moments before ducking his head underwater, snapping at the decent sized fish swimming by his paws.

It looked like he was dancing and playing in the water but after a minute or two his soaked head came up with a nice big salmon in his jaws, which he promptly brought over to her and set on the ground, then glanced back up, panting slightly with his tail wagging.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:11 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Harmony barked out a laugh as his maroon coat gleamed with water droplets as the male romped in the stream. She was a bit surprised that he had essentially given her the fish when he could've easily taken it for himself. She tilted her head, half in confusion and half in consideration, before eating the left side and leaving the right side for him. She had just remembered that she also had food in the small backpack on her human form. She hoped that he wouldn't mind her becoming human for a bit.

To love is to give everything away for nothing,
To open your house to the dark stranger:
The world is a pit of fire and shadows,
Those who love throw themselves into it wholly:
Ah, my heart, only you know best...
How love is the mortal flesh,
Burning in the darkness.
~From a book I read a long time ago

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:42 pm 

Arro's tail wagged happily as she accepted his food. He wasn't sure if she would want to eat it raw since she had been in human form when he'd met her, but she seemed to have no issues with it.

When she left him half and started moving away a little he tromped in and laid down, putting one paw on the carcass and tearing in to it hungrily. He would probably have to catch one or two more...he ate ALOT for such a small male.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:10 pm 

Harmony backed up a few steps before changing into her human form. Her earrings and bangles clinked softly as she tugged the back pack off of her shoulders. The apples were a bit bruised and the granola bars had ceased to be bars, but they were edible. Munching on an apple, she looked around at the clearing. The colors were much more intense with human eyes, but the birdsong and scents were dull.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:20 am 

Arro finished the other half of the fish in seconds and was now licking blood off his muzzle as he turned his head to stare at her. Her human for had come out, he figured to munch on the other items she'd brought.

He didn't mind but she might want to save some of those for when food wasn't plentiful.

Arro stood slowly and shook out his pelt before he bounded back in to the stream, only to emerge with a much larger fish in his jaws, that he dropped on the bank before descending on to it hungrily.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 pm 

Harmony glanced at the stream after hearing a large splash and she smiled brightly. The way the male ate was amusing, to say the least. Looking down at her pack, she closed the pouch and slung it onto her back. She gave an involuntary shiver, it was getting cold without the wolf coat. Concentraiting, she changed into her wolf form and stood up. The smell of blood assailed her nostrils with a vengence and she shook her head as if to dislodge the scent. Harmony was certain that she would never get used to being a wolf. Well, almost certain.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:08 pm 

Arro finished his second fish right as a small clap of thunder echoed through the sky.
He glanced up and a single drop of water splashed on to his already-wet nose.

...rain

He didn't mind the weather in the least and rolled over on to his back and started to move himself back and forth, rubbing in to the growing puddle of mud as the sky seemed to just open up and a steady, but warm shower started to fall on them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 am 

At first, Harmony shook off the rain drops from her plush coat because at first it had been a nuisance. But a few mometns later, she was trying to catch the fleeting droplets on her long pink tounge. Leaping into the air, she often times ended up loosing her footing on the slick ground and sliding a couple feet before springing up on her paws again to dive after the rain. Finally, panting and dizzy, she collapsed on the ground in an attempt ot catch her breath. Boy... was she out of shape...

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 am 

Arro watched the other wolf from an upside-down point of view until she collapsed, but a few moments later in the mud. He let his tongue lull out to the side as stared at her panting form.
This female would really need to work on her stamina...

He slowly flopped over on to his side, then to his belly and pushed himself up before swaggering over to the other wolf, then plopping down right next to her, splashing mud all over her coat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:04 pm 

Harmmony woofed out a thank you when the male laid down beside her. The rain was begining to chill the very marrow of her bones, and their combined heat was stubbornly driving the cold away. The rain continued to gently beat them.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:59 am 

Arro whined slightly as she seemed to thank him? For splashing mud on her coat?

Very odd wolf...but she was still with him...hadn't abandoned him yet...like his pack had. So he cuddled up against her for warmth as the rain got heavier and a stormy wind started to blow hard.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:07 pm 

Harmony shivered as the wind increased. They had to get out of the weather, but how? Sqinting her golden eyes through the torrents of heavy rain, she thought she could see the faint outlines of trees. Bringing herself up while still staying hunkered down, she nuzzled the side of the male's body and pointed out to the trees with her head. The trees would keep most of the rain off and also block out some of the wind.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:12 pm 

Arro glanced up as he felt his side being nuzzled and moved his head so that his eyes could see where her muzzle was pointing.
Trees...

He nodded slightly and stood up, nudging her to her feet aswell in the windy storm. Arro started towards the outcrop, the sharp gusts blowing a lot of the mud out of his fur easily, sending it flying backwards towards the large pond to plunk in to the water.

When he finally made it to the safety of the large ferns he turned his gaze back to make sure she had also gotten under the slight shelter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:30 pm 

Harmony felt him do some sort of motion to help her stand up straight, but it was of little use. It was a natural reaction, to keep the cold out and the heat in. Leaning her body forward, she pushed her way through the oncoming storm, head bowed and paws struggling to find purchase on the slick ground. Little by little, bit by bit, she finally made it to the outcroping of trees a little after the male had. Shaking the rest of the mud and water from her dark pelt, she leaned against a tree from fatigue.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:30 am 

Arro saw the female closer to the tree line and sauntered over to her quickly, moving his body under hers as he noticed how fatigued she was from the abrupt storm.

He couldn't blame her, she seemed to have lived as a human for quite awhile, just staying in wolf form must be a drain on her body after such a long time without. Arro, on the other hand, was used to all of this, though the water was still cold in his fur and he found his muscles starting to shiver a little underneath the female.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:23 am 

Harmony sagged when the male moved his body underneath her's, too tired to fight against anything. In the farthest reaches of her concious mind, she thought that it would be a terrible time for someone to attack them.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm 

Arro slowly lowered her weight to the ground. She wasn't very heavy at all, she was actually underweight for a wolf...her muscles more of a human consistency then a canines.

When they were finally on the ground he made sure she was comfortable atop his fur before pointing his ears up and trying to hear past the storm, in case something decided to come by...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:02 am 

Sleep dragged Harmony into it's inviting clutches before the male had lowered her completely to the ground. Her rest was not rejuvenating, filled with tossing and turning. She couldn't see anything in her dreams, but the smell was the same. Smoke, blood, and decay.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:48 pm 

Arro felt the distress of the female besides him and tried to awaken her several times with nudges and nips, but nothing seemed to work...

He whimpered a little as her dreams seemed to get worse and scooted over against her, tucking his slightly larger head under hers to act as a fluffy pillow. Arro wasn't sure what else he could do, so he waited for her to wake up and kept an eye on the surroundings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:29 pm 

Forcing her golden eyes open, Harmony tried to calm herself down by looking at the suroundings. The rain had died down to a gently patter, making the area seem clean and slightly polished. When her breathing had slowed to normality, she gave the male a thankful nod. The rain had made everything smell innocent and beautiful. She breathed in deeply, still trying to dispell the last bits of her sightless dream.

Then a new scent hit her - it was of smoke with an undertone of blood and decay.

Burning in the darkness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next