All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crumbling Down...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Arro followed the girl reluctantly. Keeping his distance.

After awhile he could smell something...rotting?
His eyes widened as they came across the road he had traveled to get in to town.
The girl kept walking and he followed...curiosity as to where she was leading him and if she knew what was up ahead.

When they stopped it was at his earlier made kill.
His eyes sharpened, instincts telling him to kill her.
But when she spoke his gaze softened slightly.

He wasn't sure what all the jibberish speak was about but she said he could go home?...Maybe she wasn't a hunter, like his instincts were screaming at him.

He took a step backwards towards the forest, testing the grounds, his eyes locked on to the woman.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:34 pm 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Harmony could tell that he had no idea what she had said. She didn't either. Raising up her hand to get his attention, before she spoke. "May the Goddess and her light shine on your path," she said solemnly before turning around and walking home. Only she never made it home.

"Boss ain't too 'appy wi' ya, gixie," a burly fellow told her. His arms were corded with muscle, but he walked as if he were a machine. Several other men where with him, but it seemed like he was the leader. A wolfish grin spread across her features as her dark eyes lightened to gold. Surprise regestered on the fools faces as they took a step backwards. But she was not finished yet.

Black fur sprang from her body as her dark clothes melted against her skin. The only human reminants that stayed was her jewelry. A choker of coconut shell and a beaded necklace with a blue feather adorned her neck, Her golden hoops swung from her ears, and the bangles jingled on her paws. She might have looked slightly rediculous, but the group didn't pay attention to that. All they saw was a young woman change into a large wolf.

To love is to give everything away for nothing,
To open your house to the dark stranger:
The world is a pit of fire and shadows,
Those who love throw themselves into it wholly:
Ah, my heart, only you know best...
How love is the mortal flesh,
Burning in the darkness.
~From a book I read a long time ago

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:11 pm 

Arro rose an eyebrow as the female started to walk off.
He took the opertunity to turn and head back to the forest...but hesitated.

Why? He had no idea...but he turned back around, and sprinted after the girl. Staying in human form he slid in to the crowd of people and noticed very quickly that the girl had been surrounded by much larger humans...those which looked very unfriendly.

...and then he saw it.

It froze him in his tracks but five yards away.

"Were......wolf?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:51 pm 

Harmony growled, her black ears pinned back. Her bangles and earings jingled when she moved forward. The group took a step back and she yawned. She didn't yawn because she was tired. She yawned because it helped to show off her long fangs. The scent of fear excited her Frenzy and she howled. She could smell another of her kind, and saw it was the were-boy she had seen earlier. She barked out a greeting and trotted to his side. It was nice to be in this form again. Very nice indeed.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:54 pm 

Arro froze as the men turned towards him, following the black wolf as it came over.

He looked down at it, seemingly in a stupor.
He really couldn't believe that girl was a wolf...why hadn't he smelled the scent?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:11 am 

Harmony was glad that her wards had protected her scent enough to elude a werewolf, that meant that they were working. It was what had kept her alive all these years. She flicked an ear, and her earing chimed with it. Whining, she touched her nose to his hand. We have to go. Many people. her eyes pleaded.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:25 pm 

Arro flinched slightly at the touch of the other wolf, not sure whether to trust her or not.
He bolted off in the direction he had thought they'd come, shifting in to a dark red wolf mid-stride.
Hopefully he was heading towards the forest...if not he would be going further down-town.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:02 am 

Harmony scoped the street before following him. The streets were starting to fill with people, and her wolf side didn't like people too much. Her black body clung to the shadows as she exited the city and followed the other werewolf into the forest.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:16 pm 

Arro finally slowed as he came to a familiar landmark. A giant rock that was split right down the middle by a fallen tree. The tree hadn't actually caused the split directly but over time it wore away at the rock's stamina.

He jumped up on it, turned, and snarled at the she-wolf who had followed behind him.

"Get lost, traitor!" He growled, hackles raised.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:01 pm 

Harmony dropped to her belly and made herself as small as she could. I not traitor. Him make me. I not hurt my people otherwise. Him know that. Flashes of torturous pain made her body shrink even more as she tried to burrow her muzzle into the ground. She looked at the other werewolf pleadingly. She had nowhere else to go, and she would prove her worth to the entire pack if she had to.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:11 pm 

Arro raised his lip, barring fangs as he snarled, not interested in dealing with the human's wolf.

He jumped down from his perch and trotted over to the female. His head lowering as he sniffed though his growls only grew louder. If she were to move he would snap at her without mercy.

"I don't give a damn were you go but your not welcome in my pack..." He stated firmly as he started walking away, sneezing every few moments...er bleh, she smelled like humans.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:11 pm 

Harmony closed her eyes in sadness. The cards had told true, that the werewolf had a closed heart. She stood slowly and went the other way. Back towards the town. Back to where half of her belonged.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:39 pm 

It had been a week since Arro had met up with that strange city wolf.
His pack had separated while he had been hunting around the city. The other large male, Yuo taking them further away from the encroaching human development.

Arro had been betrayed...wonderful.

The male contemplated following the other's scents but decided against it. If he caught up with them he would have a fight on his paws with Yuo and that wasn't a fight he was able to win at the moment.

With a sigh he wandered...finding himself back at the entrance to the city were he had met that other wolf, unsure of why his paws had taken him there.

"Whatever..." He growled under his breath. What else did he have to lose? A wolf without a pack was as good as dead.

So he shifted and started walking...right back in to the humans town, his face a blank mask.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:21 pm 

Harmony had changed before entering the human city and was greeted with ill favored looks. She knew this would happen. Pure blooded humans and werewolves have a strong hatred for eachother, even for a simple mutt like her. By rights this shouldn't have even happened.

Somehow Harmony managed to keep her studio apartment and her job in the local store, but this was not without its own personal negativity. People gave her a wide birth and more than the usual thugs attempted to jump her. Mostly it was the scared citizens, fearful for their lives and that of their childrens. Other times it was the gangs, in hope for the fame and glory for bringing down the beast.

Harmony knew that some day, she would have to leave. Just like she did for those other places she had lived in for short stints at a time. She just hoped that she could make a clean escape before everyone else got in her way.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:59 am 

Arro had wandered through the disgusting cement streets for a few hours before he picked up the scent of someone...familiar.

The wolf from before...he could smell her far downwind.

He didn't really have any intention of asking her for help or anything of that sort but he found himself being dragged towards her smell as his instincts tugged at his mind.

He allowed himself to shift to wolf form, then started running. Blurring past humans who were just fast enough to get out of his way.

Now then...where is she...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 pm 

Harmony was at work, but it seemed that no one was wanted to buy any food stuffs today or this week for that matter. So far, her day had consisted of sitting, standing, cleaning the clean floors, and watching the world pass by. No one dared meet her dark eyes, staring blankly through the mirror like window. Her boss would be checking up on her in a few minutes, and she was going to tell him that she quit. Usually she would get fired before she quit, but it just seemed right. Business was down when she worked, and that was all it really took.

Glancing outside again, a shadow caught her eye. The shadow belonged to a dog that was a bit larger than the city dogs. Then it hit her. It was a werewolf, maybe even the boy she had met before.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:48 am 

Arro stopped for a moment as he felt eyes on him. Besides the ones that were glancing at him like a stray mutt.

Someone nearby knew what he was.

He calmly turned his head to look around but saw no one who seemed to be wearing a knowledgeable expression. He then lifted his muzzle to sniff the air. Again, nothing.

Arro let out a low growl of annoyance and shoot out his matted pelt. Then continued slowly on his way down the street, seeing if he heard anyone following behind him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:42 am 

As the werewolf continued on, she felt some tension ease out of her shoulders. She just barely got noticed now because of the werewolf incident and she didn't want another one. She wanted to know what the wolf was doing here. It was odd for the other one to show up a week or so ago, and even more so with another sauntering in. But everyone else, idiots that they were, continued on with their lives as if the woerewolf was just another dog.

Harmony's train of thought was broken by the door opening. It was her boss. Letting out a calminng breath, she turned to her employeer. "Mr. Klumpist sir, I-"

"Yes, Harmony. What is it?" her employeer turned to her with his soothing green eyes. She broke eye contact just long enough to say what she needed to say.

"I quit," she told him and went outside to pack up her things. It was time to leave.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:31 am 

So she was here...

The wolf that had previously passed was now standing across the street, it's eyes locked on to her form.

It made no movements to follow her, yet. It's body just standing...and watching...and waiting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:54 pm 

With her head bowed, Harmony went about her way down the street. She could feel eyes borring a hole through her back, but she was too used to the feeling to do anything about it. People moved themselves from her path enough to just barely get out of her breathing space, as if the air around her was contaminated. She made her way to her accomidations and took the things that she needed-small clothes, a light and heavy jacket, a few shirts, and her tarot cards.

Burning in the darkness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next