All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:40 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sirius nodded enthusiastically, excited to share the news of his new friend with Mooney. He knew that she had to be excited for him, not because Sirius didn’t have a lot of friends already, but this was the first time he had every really connected with someone like that.
“Yeah, he just transferred,” he said with just as much enthusiasm as before, never noticing his friend’s hesitations. It seemed absolutely impossible to him that Mooney wouldn’t be as thrilled about James as he was, so there seemed to be no reason in hiding just how excited he was by the entire ordeal.
“He and his parents have been moving around a lot, he said, but now they are going to be staying here for a long time, so his parents promised,” he said, talking fast, wanting to get as much information to Mooney as quickly as possible.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:14 pm 

"That's brilliant," Moony replied, though the sentiment could not be further from the truth. For years, Moony had felt like they had both been looking forward to the weekends, where Sirius once again would return to his home across the woods; suddenly, Sirius seemed more excited to go back.
Awkwardly shifting, knowing he couldn't entertain an imagined pebble much longer, Moony turned to look at his friend; the sheer excitement on Sirius' face almost broke Moony's heart in half with jealousy.
"Why did they move so much?" he asked, wanting to appear interested in this James, but much more pressingly wanting to gage whether or not there was any probability of James moving again.
His attention only lasted on Sirius for so long, pulling one knee up to his chest, absentmindedly picking at a fresh scab peering forth from under his shorts. "Is he a full boarder there?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

“I dunno,” Sirius said with a shrug, having not asked James yet why they moved so much. It wasn’t due to lack of interest, there had just been more important things for him to talk about and he wanted to get to know his new friend in another way first.
“Nah, he goes home on weekends, just like me,” he said with a warm smile, looking over at his friend with to properly take her in. After all, Mooney was still his best of friends, even if he really liked spending time with James.
“So you still get me on weekends.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 pm 

Moony's heart skipped a beat at that, flustered at the notion that he had been so transparent in the way he had asked the question. Then, butterflies seemed to form in his chest, relieved and happy to hear Sirius make such a promise.
Rather than turning, Moony slumped over onto his back, peering at Sirius from his upside down view, for what felt like the first time in a life time. Sirius had been gone for five days, and Moony had engaged in the conversation with such jealousy he barely had looked at his friend.
"Good," he grinned, chest overflowing with the same feeling of excitement that filled him on his way to the hunting post. "'cus I can't protect the fort all on my own. You have to come back to help me."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm 

Sirius only grinned at that, liking the idea that Mooney needed him to do anything. They definitely had to protect their fort, something that seemed almost sacred to them, and the idea of someone else finding it, or god forbid using it, was terrifying to Sirius.
“Yeah, it’s a two man job,” he said with a wide grin, reaching out to gently run a hand over Mooney’s hair. It was mostly just to confirm to himself that she was still there, and that their friendship was still like that. He liked having Mooney as his friend and even if he had gotten close with James too, Mooney was still his best friend in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 pm 

For the second time that day, Moony felt himself go through the floors. The weight of Sirius' hand brushing over his hair was enough to split reality in half; while Moony before had felt like falling, it now felt briefly like being suspended in thin air.
It wasn't that they weren't affectionate friends, gentle caresses were just lost among the overwhelming amount of boyhood shoves and punches they usually shared. The combination of Sirius gentle touch and reaffirming words felt like it threatened to make Moony's heart burst with joy.
"Yeah, it is," he finally returned with a huffed laugh, grin once again growing across his lips, irrationally excited by Sirius' choice of words. Turning onto his stomach, Moony propped himself up on his elbows.
Sirius truly was a better friend to Moony than he could ever have hoped for. Looking at him, the only other thing Moony could want was that Sirius would brush his hair more often; Moony would never ask for that, though. "And during the week I'm both of them."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 am 

Sirius simply grinned at that, glad to see that his friend was back into good spirits. He truly valued Moony as his best friend in the whole world, unsure what he ever would have done if she hadn’t been in his life. Their friendship made his life at home tolerable, knowing that he could always escape to their hideout, whenever things became too much at home.
“Yeah, you are,” he added with a bright grin. He greatly appreciated the fact that Moony always was around whenever he came home from school, it served as a sense of stability that he didn’t have at home. Even when things were **** at the manor, he always had Moony.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:33 pm 

Even though Sirius had been home for the span of christmas break, it felt like time had gone by in a rush. It was so different spending limited days together when the sun barely rose, making the days short and dark at the hunting post. While they could spend eternities playing in summer, their time together was now narrowed down to a few, bleak hours.
Moony had been loitering at the feet of the hut, drawing tracks of snow hares on the freshly fallen snow. They had spent the days playing hunters, following tracks left on the snowy ground and waving around with pretend riffles. It had been a quiet, solemn affair that Moony had felt to he heart warming. Now, back at the hut and with no animals to disturb, Sirius had once again gone off on a tangent about James.
Moony's attention was on the snow, poking holes in the surface, barely paying attention as pressure built in his chest. He had always known Sirius had looked forward to the start of a new term, growing anxious in the confinement of the Manor; Moony had just never experiences that wanderlust when it was just the two of them.
"Yeah?" he agreed, or questioned, or whatever was appropriate for whatever statement Sirius had made. He turned, picturing how the hare might have circled him, continuing the drawing and not looking at Sirius. "That's great."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:57 pm 

No matter how much Sirius enjoyed spending time together with Moony, he knew that he was never fully going to relax when he was home from school. Ever since James had started at Sirius’ school, Sirius had felt that his dorm room was much more home than his room at the manor ever had, and having to go home always filled him with a deep sense of dread.
Now that he had been home for a week for Christmas, Sirius couldn’t wait to go back to the home that he knew. It was getting dark earlier, so he couldn’t even spend as much time with Moony as he would like, both of them having been instructed to get home by sundown.
“Yeah, he is great,” Sirius stated with a wide grin, glad to be talking about his newest friend so much. “I can’t wait to see him again.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:39 pm 

Moony glanced over at Sirius, heart breaking at the sheer happiness on his friend's face. With some effort, he managed to return it.
"Yeah," he breathed, quick to look down again. It made his stomach turn finding that, for the first time in years, Moony was uncertain whether or not Sirius would begin the term with full board at the school. It had never seemed like Sirius would have that need, but the balance seemed to tip, Sirius appearing more and more discontent whenever he was home. Moony didn't dare ask clarifying question.
He dotted the location of his own house in relation to the edge of the woods.
"Tomorrow," Mooney mused, as he this time drew a rough depiction of the areal view of their area. The organic shape of the forrest being drawn as a line in the snow. He wasn't sure how his reply had been intended; probably reassuring, but even to his ears it sounded bitter and melancholic.