All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:44 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

((life is just,,, too short not to enjoy good things,,,,))

Lucius Malfoy had been examining his cup of tea with such scrutiny, one could forget it had been made by his own wife, and had been served in the comfort of their shared home. He sat comfortably in the dining chair as he continued to turn the spoon in the tea, looking at the colour and clarity of it against first the white china and then, the silver spoon.
"We've decided it is time you entered a public relationship," he eventually spoke, effectively breaking the silence that had fallen on the table after the initial pleasantries had been exchanged over the proceeding lunch.
It was only then he raised his gaze, finally looking at his son to whom the statement had been directed. Well aware of the presence of his wife, both to his right and in his statement, he didn't consider her a true part of the conversation. For that matter, neither was Draco; after all, Lucius wasn't asking.
Once having spoken, Lucius' hand abandoned the silver spoon, leaving the tea otherwise untouched. Instead he folded his hands on the table top in front of him, eyes unwavering.
"I believe your public -" he paused, the act calculated and intentionally hurtful "- homosexuality could potentially bring in minority votes in the upcoming polls."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:27 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Being invited to tea at the manor was never really a pleasant experience for Draco. Sure, he enjoyed spending time with his mum, but being around his father was always awful and there was absolutely no way that tea at the manor wouldn’t be stilted and awkward.
Despite how often he had had to have his behaviour monitored closely by his father as to bring in more votes, there was no way he could have ever forseen what his father just said. His homosexuality had always been the source of great shame to his father, so hearing anything but him having to keep it a secret was quite a shock to Draco.
“I beg your pardon?” Draco asked, having to be absolutely certain that he had heard his father correctly. His gaze quickly went to his mum, wanting to see if her face gave anything away, but there was nothing to read there. He had no idea what his father was hoping to achieve with this, but he definitely knew that he didn’t like it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 pm 

Lucius looked at his son for a long moment, before eventually deciding it was beneath both of the to pretend Lucius hadn't expressed himself clearly enough, or that Draco hadn't perfectly understood him. The boy should, after all, be brighter than that. Instead, he continued, paying Draco's evident surprise no mind.
"Statistically, minority voters vote on other minorities," he continued, his voice proper and enunciated as he shifted his weight, crossing his legs beneath the table. He picked at his jacket lapelles, readjusting them in the new position.
"God forbid they should actually care about real politics, so I've been recommended to campaign for personal votes by -" he paused, finally meeting Draco's eye. His expression first and foremost indifferent "- publicly associating myself with a minority."
For the first time over the course of the conversation, Lucius smiled. The smile was both so controlled and so delayed it was transparently obvious it was a forced command. "Preferably a couple."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:30 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even if Draco was fairly intelligent and that his father was expressing himself extremely clearly, Draco still didn’t understand what he was saying. There was no way in hell that his father would want Draco to come out in public like that, and it wasn’t something that Draco wanted for himself either.
He shot another look at his mother, desperately wanting to get this to make sense, but Narcissa’s expression was completely calm. It made Draco even more unnerved about the situation, seeing as that meant that it was something the two of them had discussed and wasn’t another one of his father’s whims.
“Hate to state the obvious, but you are married to a minority and have a minority son. I don’t know what more you want fro me here,” he stated with a shrug as he took a sip from his tea, desperately needing to not look at his father.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:36 am 

For the first time over the course of the conversation, Lucius turned to look at his wife. His smile had disappeared, and though he didn't frown it was evidently he was trying to match Draco's statement to Narcissa. With an unspoken yet visible comment about what he perceives as a real minority, he once again searched to meet Draco's eye.
"I want you to enter a homosexual relationship," he instead repeated. The smile reappeared onto his lips. "You are, otherwise, not seen as a marginalized minority in the public eye."
His attention once again wandered to Narcissa, his smile warming up, as if accrediting that fact to her and the old, British money of her family. The smile cooled once he again addressed his son. "I have found a man that goes over well with our minority focus groups. I want you to attend the party fundraiser this upcoming weekend as an established couple."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:37 pm 

Even if Draco had always known that his father was rather uneducated on things that weren’t straight or white, it was still staggering to hear just how little he actually understood about his son’s identity. As a Korean, gay man he would never not be seen as a minority, but he also knew that there would be no point in arguing that with his father.
All thoughts of arguing his minority status however disappeared at his father’s next words. Lucius had had many terrible ideas to involve him in his politics many times in the past, but this had to be the worst idea he had ever heard before.
“And you thought that this was a good idea to just jump on me? Without having me involved in any of the planning?” He asked, needlessly because he already knew that his father already thought that it was. “How do you know that I’m not already seeing someone?”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:22 pm 

The smile remained on Lucius' lips, but by now it had lost all of its meaning and now only served to tug his features into something of a grimace. In his eyes, there was look of satisfaction, and even though he managed to restrain himself, is impulse had been to glance at Narcissa, letting her answer what must have been a rhetorical question.
"I doesn't matter if you were, "because you aren't. The addition flashed across the upturned corners of his smile. "I have no interest in publicly endorsing an unfavorable couple. You're going to appear at the galla with the young man of my choice. As I've said, he has been run past our focus groups and he had been specifically chosen because he goes over well with voter groups, you alone don't attract."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:32 pm 

“I’m glad that you trust my taste in men that much,” Draco said with a deep frown, clearly unhappy about the statement coming from his father. Sure, Draco hadn’t been dating anyone seriously since his split from Blaise, but he didn’t want his father to know that.
“And what if I refuse?” He asked as he put his cup back into the saucer with a slightly too loud clatter. He was clearly unhappy about the turn of the conversation and he did not want to go there at all. He wasn’t interested in helping his father gain more votes in any way, even if he knew that it probably wasn’t going to work the way his father wised it would. It still left a sour taste in Draco’s mouth and he wasn’t interested in helping at all.
“What if I don’t want to date some random dude you have found for me?”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:18 am 

The last shadow of a smile disappeared off of Lucius' face when Draco started to act up. In any other context, Lucius would have cussed out Draco for being rough with the family china, but now, Lucius eyes barely dipped. There were bigger points to be made from this exchange.
Lucius very purposely ignored the true point of what Draco was saying once he continued. "He was your mother's suggestion."
He once again turned towards Narcissa, reaching out to place a hand on the empty armrest of her chair. The idea was far from Narcissa's doing, but she had aided the process. "I don't care whether or not you trust me, Draco, but I expect you to respect your mother enough to trust her."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:33 pm 

It was a low blow.
Draco knew that and Lucius knew that.
However, it still worked after the intention and Draco hated himself for that. He could never disappoint his mother, no matter how hard he tried, and while he doubted that this was his mother’s idea, then she would still expect him to play along. It was foul play and they all knew it.
“When am I meeting the man in question?” He asked in an exasperated voice, not too keen on playing along, but he also wanted to keep the peace. “I assume that I am going to be meeting him before the gala?”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:31 pm 

Lucius exhaled on that, clearly finding Draco to be making too much of a fuss. There was something about the way he moved, in order to reach for his pocket watch, that made him appear exhausted.
"He should be on his way from Edinburgh as we speak," he said, consulting his watch as he did. In reality, he had no idea the itinerary his people had set for Potter's travels. "I've asked him to join us for lunch tomorrow here at the Manor."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm 

Draco still wasn’t a huge fan of the idea, but he was going to meet the guy and see just what type of person his father would be able to talk into fake dating him. It was a ridiculous idea so Draco couldn’t even imagine what type of person would agree to do it, however he was willing to meet the guy and figure out what to do.
“Great. You got me a scotsman.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:58 am 

At that, Lucius unexpectedly laughed. Though the sound itself was harsh, the laugh was genuine, and it wad enough to make him shift in his seat.
Finding that nothing else remained unsaid, Lucius stood. His hands instinctively found the button of his jacket to do it up. "And you think you're not my son."

As Malfoy's driver let him out of the car, Harry mentally went through the string of questionable decisions that had led him to this moment. After several noments of consideration, he decided the point of no return had long passed, when Malfoy years ago had offered him a job. Looking up at the manor, Harry had yet to decide whether or not that too, bad been a questionable decision, finding that the bare boned explanation for his precense today was feeling indebted to Malfoy.
Ascending the front stairs, Harry realized he didn't feel unease. Though it was his first time here, he bad met both Malfoy and his wife on several occasions when Harry had appeared as part of Malfoy's campaign. Instead, as he knocked on the door, he found himself feeling optimistic but powerless.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:57 pm 

The biggest struggle Draco had found to have was that he didn’t know how to dress when you first meet the guy you are supposed to be fake dating. Despite how messy his life often was, Draco had never found himself in a situation like this, but he knew that there was no backing out.
The knock on the door came just as Draco had finished applying his eyeliner, finding that it had been better to go all out to make sure that this guy knew what he was getting. Sure, Draco would have to look like a much more washed down version of himself for events with his father, but he liked the shock value of going as himself.
He took a deep breath, hands itching for a cigarette, before he opened the door. He had been intending to give the guy some kind of greeting, but actually seeing his fake boyfriend left him stunned. The guy wasn’t at all what Draco had expected his father to pick out, making it very clear that his mum had been the deciding factor in that.
“Draco Malfoy,” he stated, offering his hand to the guy in front of him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:53 pm 

Harry had good reason to expect the door to be attended by staff; the last time he met with Lucius Malfoy it had usually been a lengthy process to go through several people in Malfoy's comprehensive campaign staff. Suddenly being face to face with his son, however, completely caught Harry off guard.
The polite smile he had had plastered on immediately faltered, and for a moment, it seemed like the two young men were equally surprised by the other's presence. It was only when Draco Malfoy introduced himself that the smile returned to Harry's lips. Though he had had brief run ins with Malfoy's only son, it was the first time Harry had actually been introduced to him.
"Harry Potter," he responded, sounding more than anything pleasantly surprised as he went to shake Draco's hand.
Harry, who had known Draco took after his mother, was genuinely surprised to find just how stunning the man in front of him was. That realisation alone made Harry's smile go crooked. "Pleasure meeting you."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:19 pm 

The mere appearance of Harry had been enough to shake Draco to the core and he found it difficult to recover. He shook Harry’s hand, finding a firm but not hard handshake, trying to figure out how to, once again, act like a proper person.
“I am certain that the pleasure will be all mine,” he stated, only half joking about it. He had no idea how it was going to go down, but at least the guy was attractive an that helped a lot on Draco’s willingness to act. He stepped away from the door, only then realising that he had been effectively blocking the door, making it impossible for Harry to enter.
“Please, do come in,” he said, attempting to be polite.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 am 

Harry just smiled at that, having to fight the urge to huff out a laugh. Lucius Malfoy had been almost painfully to the point about what he needed of Harry; Harry, however, didn't know what Draco's expectations were, nor how involved he had been in the decisionmaking progress. Whether or not Draco was being sarcastic was hard to read, but Harry, carefully so, didn't think Draco appeared to be disappointed.
"Thank you," he answered, following the man inside.
Once inside and on equal footing, the softer lighting allowed Harry to get a better look at Draco. Despise dressing in what Harry thought to be modern but proper clothes, he only now noted that Draco had painted his eyes. Though his attention lingered that little distance above meeting Draco's eye, he didn't seem displeased.
"I believe we've met before," Harry said, not knowing where that came from, when he refocused his gaze onto Draco's. Even saying that they had crossed paths was probably a stretch, but Harry didn't know how else to familiarize the stranger who was to be his date for a gala a few days in the future. Harry's smile was pleasant and attentive when he continued. "I don't think we were introduced, though. I did some work for your father a few years ago."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:58 am 

Draco couldn’t help but feel like he was under scrutiny from the other man, as if he was judging whether or not Draco was good enough for their act. In the end, Draco decided that it didn’t really matter what Harry decided on, because they were going to have to go through this nonsense no matter what.
Having been so stuck in his own head, Draco almost startled when Harry started talking again.
“That is very likely. I’ve seen many uniformed men throughout the years, so they all just sorta start blurring together,” he stated with a shrug, unsure if that came across as terribly rude, but he wasn’t about to pretend that he remembered ever seeing Harry before. His father had once really wanted Draco to be involved in his politics, wanting to be seen as the perfect, nuclear family but that had definitely faded over the years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:45 pm 

Harry couldn't help but grin at Draco's unmistakable nonchalance, well aware of the fact that it was far from the appropriate reaction given the context of their conversation. Considering what they were heading into, Harry didn't really know what was appropriate.
Restlessly, he shifted his weight from one foot to another, thoughtlessly picking at his shirt cuff. While Draco's answer hadn't made Harry uncomfortable, it still sounded almost surreal to Harry's ears.
"I actually worked as a waiter," he corrected, joking. His grin was still pulling at the corners of his mouth. "But I guess that's the less memorable uniform of them all."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:14 pm 

The reply surprised Draco enough that he found himself letting out a soft chuckle, despite himself. He accompanied the chuckle with a soft shake of his head, less than happy with the fact that he was finding that he liked this guy.
“I don’t know about that. Some waiters wear very nice suits,” he said, trying not to let his face reveal too much, but you could tell that a smile was tugging at the corner of his lips still. “And I usually prefer a nice suit.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next