All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:42 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Good morning, kids," a woman greeted just as Harry closed the door behind them. Turning at the sound of her voice, Harry found her standing in the only interior doorway of the scarcely decorated showroom.
"Ma'am," Harry replied without thinking twice about it, the word spilling out of him with pure muscle memory. The surprised expression that flashed across Harry's features proved that the greeting didn't sit right with him.
Undoubtedly Draco's friend, Pansy, the woman's smile widened, seemingly equally humoured as Harry was flustered by how formally he had returned her greeting.
"Of course, you're a military man," she stated, a laugh seeping into her voice as she crossed the room towards them. The easiness of her voice was mirrored in the way she presented herself, wearing an informal silky suit and sunglasses at the crown of her head, pushing her hair away from her face. Everything about her was easy as if she had just rolled out of bed to do Draco a favour; even though Harry highly doubted it to be the case. She was a strikingly beautiful woman.
"Does that mean he calls you sir, love?" Pansy went on, a private joke in her voice as she greeted Draco with great affection, her hand resting on his shoulder as she brushed a kiss to Draco's cheek.
Her eyes, however, remained on Harry with interest, as he stepped aside to allow the pair their space.
"Potter, I take it?" she asked as her hand left Draco, and Harry couldn't help but smile, unclear to him who she was asking. Her voice wasn't unfriendly, a smile appearing onto her lips with a delay that made him believe it was a courtesy she was offering him; her smile was mirroring his.
"Yes," Harry replied, no doubt in his mind that if Draco had told Pansy something, he had told her all of it. Regardless, he offered a redundant but well meaning, "Harry."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:18 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Pansy had been Draco’s best friend for years. She truly was the only person that Draco trusted fully and with everything, thus it had been natural for him to tell her about the entire situation; just as much because she would never believe that he had been in a two year relationship without telling her.
As he returned the greeting, he made a face of her, knowing that the tease was intended for him and not for Harry. She, of course, had told him that she thought that this was stupid and that he should have just told his father to stick this idea where the sun don’t shine, so the fact that she wanted to help him out was some of a relief to him.
“Don’t be crass,” he said with a shake of his head, not wanting to scare Harry off already. More than anything, he needed a change of clothes and everything else was second priority.
“I assume that you have found something for me.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:06 pm 

"I've pulled some options depending on the occasion," Pansy replied, not fully interested in paying much attention to the tone with which Draco approached the conversation.
Her attention remained on Harry, looking him over with what Harry hoped to be interest. He, however, doubted it. For a moment, he grew weary, feeling like he had abandoned his place by Draco's side too quickly, having to remind himself that she knew this to be a ruse and that it didn't matter at all.
"Are you seeing your father?" Pansy then clarified, finally dragging her attention away from Harry. Pansy knew this to be the deciding factor of what clothes she would suggest for Draco, and was looking for that answer; Harry, who didn't have an idea of what to expect for the day, was equally interested in the response, his eyes too turning to Draco.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:09 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It was a huge relief to Draco that Pansy already knew his taste. It made it a lot easier for situations like this, even if they happened rarely. He liked the idea of not having to think too much about picking out an outfit for this situation though, not liking to think about how much he would start overthinking the way that Harry would view him in each of them.
“Thankfully not,” he said, as he went to take a look at the outfits picked out by Pansy. Unsurprisingly, he could easily picture himself in all of them, so it was all just a matter of picking the one that he thought would fit their agenda for the day the best.
“We saw him yesterday, that gotta be plenty,” he said, as he picked out a rather loud, floral shirt. It was a look that he loved and that his father hated.
“We are just going out for lunch,” he added as he went to a dressing room. It was probably silly to feel the need to hide like that, but even if Pansy knew just how scarred his chest was, he could live without Harry knowing it as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:39 pm 

As soon as Draco disappeared out of sight, it became clear that Pansy wasn't, in fact, looking him over with interest. The longer he had to process it, Harry had grown certain it was some degree of disappointment. He did, however, find comfort in the fact that her furrowed brow seemed primarily directed at his choice of footwear - though, to be fair, Harry didn't know where precisely she would look if she disapproved of him as a person.
"Shall we find you a better fitting shirt?" Pansy asked, unprompted but not necessarily unfriendly. She had finally raised her gaze far enough to meet Harry's line of sight, and yet, Harry could tell by the volume she spoke in that the question wasn't directed at him.
This time, she smiled before he did, further softening the words that followed; these, for once, seemed to be spoken to him. "I would have laid some out for you, too, but your boyfriend didn't know your shirt size."
Taken aback by the sheer phrasing of her question, Harry struggled to figure out if she was even expecting a reply. After all, Harry didn't think she had asked him anything.
"I think this is a large," he eventually said through a crooked smile, awkwardly unprepared for this line of questioning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:55 pm 

It was probably a little rude to have discussed Harry’s sense of fashion while he hadn’t been able to hear, but he also knew that it was an emergency. Anyone who knew him would know that Draco wouldn’t allow Harry to dress the way that he did, at least not while they were out together.
It was simply a part of selling their ruse properly to the media, at least that was what Draco was telling himself, as he buttoned the last button on the shirt.
“Yes, please,” he said, loud enough for Pansy to hear him. The question had probably been mostly directed towards him anyway.
He exited the dressing room, now dressed in the new shirt and a clean pair of slacks. It made him feel a lot better and more like his day had only just properly started.
“Not that your look is terrible, but it does scream that you were in the army since you were 18, and only recently had to learn how to dress yourself,” he stated, unsure if his words were unnecessarily harsh, but he did end them with a kind smile, which he hoped would take the brunt of the words.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:20 pm 

Harry, who hadn't seen what Draco had picked for himself to wear, was taken aback when he reemerged from the dressing room. He could tell by the curl of Draco's lip that he was making a pointed remark on Harry's expense. Harry didn't care, he barely heard it.
While Harry had had no expectation to what Draco might have dressed himself in, an ornate floral shirt hadn't even occured to him. Not that he was disappointed; Harry thought Draco looked just perfect for a Sunday lunch date.
"None taken," Harry replied, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, making his inattentiveness read as a coy reply; in reality, he wasn't sure whether or not Draco had prefaced the criticism with no offence.
The addition was softer, downplayed but genuine. "You look really nice."
"I take it we wait with new slacks to another day," Pansy went on, mercifully. She drew back Harry's attention, but she was already looking at his left knee. "I take a looser fit is more comfortable for you."
"Yeah," Harry replied, struggling to focus back on this tangent. He hadn't expected to be put on the spot, and it was hard to shake the image of Draco in florals, even though the other was barely in his peripheral vision. "Thanks."
"I'll go get you some few, and you can decide just how much you want to match," Pansy coyly remarked, the joke directed at Draco with a little grin, before leaving Harry to go pick some options.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:55 pm 

The complete and utter sincerity of Harry’s compliment, and how he clearly hadn’t picked up on the harshness of Draco’s comment, completely took Draco aback. For a moment, he was left without knowing what to say and he was glad that Pansy was there to bring him back to reality.
It was a lot easier to focus on how to dress up Harry than to think about what Harry thought about the outfit he had picked out for himself.
“Don’t worry, we will be back some time in the near future,” Draco said, even if it wasn’t something he had discussed with Harry yet. He knew that his father probably loved that Harry would have to show up in his military uniform once more, but Draco wanted to do anything to show at least some kind of rebellion towards this situation.
“It has come to my attention that my loving boyfriend doesn’t own a suit.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:15 pm 

Harry's attention returned to Draco, an exasperated smile to his lip; this time around, he did hear the snart in Draco's voice.
"I figured," Pansy chimed mindlessly from across the store. She, too, seemed exasperated..
When she turned towards Draco, she had already several different hangers in her hand. "There's a picture of the two of you in this morning's Mirror. Don't military suits have an expiration date, Potter? How many years after your service can you with good consciousness wear it out?"
Pansy's words sounded harsh, but Harry didn't find any ill meaning in her voice. He just blanked, for a moment unable to comprehend the true scale of what she was saying to him.
"None," he instead fumbled out, needing to suppress the urge to see the magazine for himself. "In good consciousness? Never."
Whether it was that clear impulse or his reply, Pansy smiled, glancing over at Draco.
"How gracious," she replied, seemingly unimpressed by the answer. The smile, however remained. "Draco, do you want to pick the shirt?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:59 pm 

“And that is exactly why we are getting you a proper suit, no matter what my daddy dearest says,” Draco stated as he went up to join Pansy in picking out a fresh shirt to Harry. It was probably quite a change to Harry and Draco really hoped that he wasn’t too overwhelmed by it all.
After all, there was a lot of things that Draco took for granted, one of them being his ability to get Pansy to help him with just about any outfit situation. It was clearly sorely needed and no matter how much his father insisted that he too collaborated with designers, Draco was never going to take his word for it.
“I think this one,” Draco said, as he picked out a darkish green shirt. “I think it will bring out his eyes.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:13 pm 

While it made for an odd pacing of their conversation, Harry couldn't say he minded whenever Draco and Pansy went on tangents of their own. Thought it hadn't been warned, Harry couldn't get himself to get defensive of what he was wearing to begin with; it was hardly a stretch to say that both Draco and Pansy were considerably more stylish than Harry was.
His eyes and attention had drifted around the store, only reengaging in the conversation when Draco's off-handed remark supporting his choice of shirt inevitably caught Harry's attention. Eyes dipping to the shirt in question, Harry wasn't sure he could picture it.
"For the daytime?" he asked, more inquisitive than uptight. Harry felt like he had heart that somewhere, how dark colors were better suited for night wear - meaning, Harry had never worn anything similar.
"It only looks that dark because Draco's handling it," Pansy offered, kindly but with razor sharp wit. For the first time she turned to share a smile with Harry, who in turn was surprised that he had been allowed to participate in the joke.
As if to prove her point, she, too, reached out for the fabric, letting it brush against her forearm. Harry found that she was right; against her brown skin it did, in fact, read as a dark green, rather than indistinctively dark.
"Alright, yeah," Harry admitted, pleasantly surprised though audibly lacking the imagination to see himself wearing it. "I'll try it on."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:47 am 

There was something endearing about the way that Harry was clearly extremely unused to anything that didn’t come off a rack. Draco knew that it could be intimidating to suddenly having clothes that actually fit, but he also knew that it was something that Harry was going to have to get used to, at least for as long as their ruse was going on.
“Go right ahead then,” Draco said with a nod towards him, eager to see him in the shirt. He was going to deny it if Pansy picked up on it, but Draco was curious to see Harry in clothes that actually fit him. He hoped that maybe he could help Harry to start expressing more of his personality in his clothes, and not just wearing what he and Pansy told him to wear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:11 am 

Accompanying Draco's words, Pansy offered Harry the hanger with it on. Harry, in turn, stepped closer to get it within reach.
Harry could already tell from the store itself that the shirt was probably far nicer than anything he'd ever worn, including the military suit he had been given to accept the George's Cross. With that still on the forefront of his consciousness, Harry visibly hesitated in touching the shirt itself, not wanting to wrinkle it.
"I'll let you know," he instead promised, turning towards the same changing room Draco had used.
"You know who else saw you on the Mirror?" Pansy asked rhetorically as soon as Harry disappeared into the chancing room, her eyes turning to Draco to read his reaction. There was a clear tone of enjoyment in her infliction, and yet she wasn't smiling.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:08 pm 

The second Harry disappeared into the dressing room, Draco probably should have known that Pansy was going to bring out the sheer publicity of he and Harry’s fake relationship. It didn’t really surprise him that it had caused Blaise to react, and even less that he had reached out to Pansy and not himself to get a clarification on what was going on.
It brought a certain sense of satisfaction to Draco to know that Blaise was still interested enough to actually reach out to Pansy. It didn’t matter so much that Draco knew that it was just because it put the final nail in the coffin of their relationship, and it meant that he wasn’t waiting around for Blaise anymore.
“What’s it to him? Isn’t he happy with what’s-her-name?”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:24 pm 

"Evidently," Pansy said, her voice perfectly poised. Nothing about her being let know her actual thoughts on the matter, though she knew for certain Draco already knew every single criticism going through her mind. There was no doubt in her mind that Blaise was climbing up through the layers of politics by digging his own grave.
"I'd say you should congratulate your father," she went on, eyes turning intentionally towards the closed curtain of the dressing room. "I think in all of Lucius' patriotism he has found the one man that has succesfully made his blood boil."
She paused for another moment's consideration. "He called early."
Pansy allowed the comment to linger in the air between them, as there once again were rustling from the dressing room. She didn't keep up with the Mirror, and she certainly doubted Blaise Zabini did. Though she didn't care enough to say it, she didn't think it to be a far stretch that he was aware of the fundraiser last night; Pansy did, however, not believe he had expected to see Draco photographed with anybody on his arm.
As if finishing that train of thought, she turned to offer Draco another pleased, little smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:36 pm 

Deep down, Draco knew that Pansy was right.
Draco rarely ever wanted to lend any level of credit to his father, but it wasn’t without a certain level of satisfaction that he that Harry was the antithesis to Blaise. Maybe that was why he enjoyed being around the other so much, finding him to be refreshing to be around.
“Serves him right,” Draco stated, not having a lot of love lost for his ex boyfriend. The best thing that had happened to him was realising that Blaise was never going to be with him, and that he had to move on. It had been a tough one to swallow, but he was getting better at it and he refused to fall back.
“What’d he say?” He asked, unable to handle his own curiosity. He knew that it was probably nothing interesting, nothing that he should he interested in hearing at least, but old habits die hard.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:41 pm 

Pansy made a little expression at that; her eyebrows quirked just barely, finding it to be clear what suddenly had spiked his interest enough to interrogate Pansy before she had had her breakfast.
"He asked about him," she replied, her voice gentle in her slight surprise. "I wasn't making assumptions when I said he's annoyed."
Perfectly marking the end of the conversation, Harry pulled back the curtain with a rattle of rings against the metal bar. Reemerging into the room, Harry had changed from his standard issue white shirt into the green one of Draco's choice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:47 pm 

Despite himself, Draco wanted to ask more into Pansy’s conversation with Blaise, wanting to know just how bothered he seemed by it all, and if it really was just the choice of partner that bothered him.
He never got the chance to do so though, as Harry exited the dressing room in the same moment. The action brought Draco back to reality and he found that it was easier to just focus on the very menial task of deciding whether or not the shirt was good on Harry.
“Much better,” he stated, his voice directed to Pansy, but his eyes never left Harry. The green colour did bring out the green of his eyes and looked good against his darker skin. There was some questionable styling going on, but that was going to be an easy enough fix.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:53 pm 

Upon exiting the dressing room, Harry's gaze had immediately found Draco. He couldn't say what he looked for, but Harry felt like it was for Draco to judge whether or not the shirt was any good. When Draco voiced his approval, Harry's heart flipped, finally seeming to relax his stance a bit.
"Yeah?" he asked, an almost boyish shyness to his smile. When his eyes finally left Draco, it was to look at himself in the full figure mirror, now standing properly at a distance. His attention, however, remained on the other, knowing his inputs to be more valuable than anything Harry might find in his reflection.
"I don't wear green at all," Harry noted, though not elaborating. He feared that by specifying how his wardrobe consisted almost entirely of whites and light blues, that Draco would immediately see that as yet another uniform bleeding into his every day wear.
The shirt was undoubtedly better fitting than his old, if that was to be judged on the way it tapered around this chest, the same amount of slack at his waist as there was at his chest instead of bunching at the lining of his trousers.
Harry had to fight the urge to pick at the shirt, if only to shift the fit. Instead, he turned to glance over at Draco, then at Pansy, then back at his pretend boyfriend with a tentative joke at the corner of his mouth. "Good enough for a date?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:48 am 

The longer Draco got to look at Harry in the shirt, the more he realised just how well it fit his fake boyfriend. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to Draco that Harry was well built, but somehow it still came as a surprise to him that Harry had a clearly defined waist, something that he had made a great effort to hide with his normal wardrobe.
It was a nice change of pace, even if it infuriated Draco whenever he realised that Harry was actually good looking.
“Good enough for a date,” he parroted, trying not to think too much of the implications. It was a large part of the ruse that they should be seen together after all, so Draco felt that the least thing he could do was to make sure that Harry at least was well dressed for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next