All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:54 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sinead nodded at that, more than anything out of polite reflex. Tanis' answer hadn't surprised her; it didn't lean heavily in either direction, subsequently meaning it was much as Sinead had expected.
In the natural occurring pause, Sinead found that she didn't know how to talk with Tanis; that, or the one question in her mind being almost deafening to other conversation.
Eventually deciding she had nothing at stake, Sinead finally spoke. "Are you seeing anyone, then?"
Her eyes refound Tanis, her expression polite and interested, yet showing very little of the true nature of her interest.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:56 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The question puzzled Tanis greatly, and for the first time she looked over at Sinead, trying to gauge her expression in an attempt to figure out what the other woman’s intentions were.
Sinead, however, proved to be a difficult read and Tanis was left with no answer to the question of her intentions. However, based on their interactions in the past, Tanis had a hard time believing that the question was asked with a malicious intent and thus decided to reply truthfully.
“No, I am not,” she stated, going back to what she was doing before. “I am not really a catch. You know, with my regular run-ins with the law.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:29 pm 

Transparently, Sinead's smile widened. Tanis' answer had just been half of the inforation Sinead was looking to get but she figured it was a good enough start.
"I have a hard time believing that," Sinead said, almost too familiar. It had taken her a moment to answer, but there was no sign of hesitation behind her words With another little delay, Sinead's smile widened another little bit. "You're selling yourself short."
"Besides," she added, as she once again turned her attention to the gardening in front of her. Her words was almost shamelessly constructed, but Sinead had found herself unable to get the other woman out of her mind. "In this day and age you shouldn't trust a man who hasn't had a run in with the law."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:23 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

"I just don't trust men," Tanis blurted without thinking. It was only once she realised what she had just said that she also realised the implications of that. Sure, it was the truth. As a general rule, she did not trust men and she did what she could to avoid ever being around men, especially alone. However, she also knew how that sounded and she just had hope that Sinead was not the presumptuous type.
"Anyway, most people prefer us women to sit quietly in a window and wait for a man to pick us up. I am not like that."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:17 am 

Sinead hummed at that, figuring that it was better not getting further into that line of conversation; after all, Tanis was well aware of the fact that Sinead herself was married to a man. Whether or not Tanis trusted Avi was none of her business anyway.
Mindlessly raking her fingers between the grassy plent growing underneath her skirting bushes, Sinead's voice soubded equally thoughtless as she continued.
"No, I was going to say -" Sinead didn't neet Tanis' eye? Though the gesture didn't seem intentional. She picked at a dried strand of grass. "- it doesn't seem like you need a fella for anything."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:56 am 

"I don't," Tanis immediately responded, only two seconds later realising that that answer probably came a bit too quickly. Sure, Sinead did not seem to be the judging type, but Tanis knew how most women thought of her view on men. It wasn't going to make her change her view on men, but it did mean that she usually toned it down around other women, especially married women.
"Except to get me out of legal trouble, of course," she added, looking over at Sinead with a crooked grin and hoping that that took the edge somewhat off of her words.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:24 pm 

Though not unappreciative of Tanis' joking addition, the other woman's follow up comment was bound to take a second row. The easy smile remained on Sinead's features as she finally turned to properly eye Tanis; there was, however, an inmestacable look of consideration.
It took Sinead several silent moments to gather herself enough to ask the question on her mind. When she spoke, however, there was little signs of either embarrassment or hesitation.
"Do you not like fellas, Tanis?" There was no real infliction to Sinead's tone; her voice was open with curiosity, but it didn't come across ad prying. She just had a genuine interest in knowing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:54 pm 

The blunt question shook Tanis again, unsure how she was going to reply to that. Mostly, she didn't really know what she could possibly answer that would cause her the least amount of trouble. She didn't want to get herself into a potentially dangerous situation, but the question didn't seem sinister at all. Mostly, she really did want to trust Sinead, even if she knew that it could bode bad for her.
"Why?" She asked in a soft voice, unsure how to fully deal with the situation. "Do I not seem like the type?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:56 pm 

Sinead's smile widened at that, her expression transparently giving away the fact that her mind was going a thousand miles an hour; Tanis had, to much effect, given a sufficient answer.
"I only ask out of curiosity," she answered, both her smile and voice easygoing, though her gaze remained unwavering. More accurately, she though, the phrasing should have been personal interest.
Her eyes lingered on the other woman for a silent moment, before the topic, inevitably, made Sinead's brows furrow, the smile still ghosting across her features. "I'm interested in getting to know you."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:28 pm 

Tanis had no idea why Sinead was suddenly that interested in that particular part of her life, but it felt incredibly daunting to have accidentally revealed something like that about herself. It was absolutely clear to the both of them that Tanis did indeed not like fellas at all, even if she would backtrack now and claim some interest in men.
“Alright,” she stated in a soft voice, still looking at Sinead with a curious expression, tilting her head a little to the side. They were in a delicate situation, in which Tanis wanted to trust Sinead and tell her the truth, but she also realised that she didn’t really know her and that trusting her could be potentially dangerous to her.
“Anything else you wanna know? Now that I am sharing.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:23 pm 

Sinead had several other follow up questions, yet decided it was better not to push. Upon deciding that, something about her posture relaxed. She hadn't been aware of the tension building in her shoulders, though she had been aware of the fact that they had been treading on eggshells.
"Did you grow up in the city?" she asked, the easiness of her voice remained unchanged. More comfortably, she sat back on her heels, finally looking away from the other woman.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:14 pm 

The change of subject was a deep relief to Tanis, finding it easier to talk about her origins rather than whether or not she fancied boys. She really did want to trust Sinead with getting to know her better, but the risk was too big to say it out loud. It was way better to keep it on the downlow and hope that nothing more would come from that. She could not risk that information getting out.
"No. I come from a reservation in Canada," she stated with a shrug, having forgotten what she was supposed to be doing with her hands, so she just fiddled a bit with the edge of her sleeve instead. "What about you?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:50 pm 

Sinead hummed at that, wanting to express her interest in Tanis' answer, while also respecting how Tanis had cut off any possibility of elaborating on it. Not wanting to overstep or further add to the tension between them, she finally shifted.
"I grew up downtown, yes," she said, as she wiped her still-clean hands off on her pant leg. With a final glance and a smile in Tanis' direction, she stood back up. "Grew up just around the corner from the Church we visited."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:31 pm 

Tanis hummed and nodded at that, genuinely interested in learning more about Sinead and what kind of woman she was. Tanis didn't know much at all about her lawyer nor his wife and it was only now the interest was even really there.
"That's nice then. Being around the things you know and grew up with," she said with a soft smile. She missed her own hometown quite often, but she also felt like she had to stay where she was.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:54 pm 

Sinead unintentionally made a face at that, knowing that, though Tanis was technically true, very little of her life felt familiar to her.
"Yes, it is," she said, knowing her features had only before given a different answer. Knowing Tanis had moved away - whether that being with or without her family - did make Sinead soften her response knowing that, if nothing else, her family were geographically close. "I didn't grow up in this area, though."
Sinead put her trust in the ambiguity of her addition, figuring Tanis could draw sufficient information about that. Acknowledging that she was of the middle class, at least by White American standards, had always felt awkward. Not wanting either of them to linger, Sinead offered Tanis her hand with a smile.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:05 am 

Tanis nodded softly at that, accepting the hand she was offered to get up from the ground. It felt a little weird to be around Sinead like this, not sure where the line between how intimate they could actually be with each other went. She doubted that Sinead would do anything to incriminate her or make it harder for Avi to help her with her case, but she honestly had no way of knowing if that actually was true.
“Anything else you need help with?” Tanis asked, taking the opportunity to change the subject. It was clear that Sinead didn’t have much interest in continuing their discussion, so she didn’t want to linger.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:18 pm 

It took Sinead a moment to let go of Tanis' hand. Her brow had furrowed slightly, evidently considering Tanis' question. The momentary distance of her gaze took the edge of the lingering touch, though she eventually became aware of the fact that Tanis' hand was still in hers.
Letting go of it, Sinead immediately went to wipe the dust off her gloved hands, brushing her hands together.
"No, I think you're off the hook," she said, regaining focus on the other woman.
A smile appeared onto here lips as she gingerly picked the gardening gloves off, one finger at a time. Once they were fully off, she continued. "Can I offer you something to drink?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:59 pm 

Tanis tried not to overthink the soft touch of hands from Sinead, knowing that it probably didn’t mean anything other than Sinead wanting to keep her attention. It felt too risky to have feelings like this for her attorneys wife, but it sadly wasn’t something she could help, so she just had to control the way she reacted to it said feelings.
“Only if you’re having something, I don’t want to be any trouble,” she admitted with a sheepish grin, as she let her hair out of the messy bun she had made for the gardening, allowing the thick black hair to fall down and frame her face once more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 am 

Sinead, whose attention had been undividedly meeting Tanis' eyeline, was pitifully distracted by the movement of the other woman's hair. The length and darkness of Tanis' hair was undoubtedly among her most striking features, Sinead had known that from the minute she saw her; seeing it in motion, however, proved almost breathtaking.
Even if Sinead had put any effort into adverting her gaze, the two women were standing far too close to fully conceal the flicker of her eyes. When Sinead's eye darted back to Tanis', a easy smile returned onto her lips. "I'll have something, too, then."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:22 pm 

Tanis did notice that Sinead’s eyes seemed drawn to her hair, not that she could blame her for that. Tanis took great pride in her hair, always had and probably always would, so she appreciated the fact that someone else took note of that.
“Sounds nice,” she said with a warm smile, feeling warm and sweaty from the work in the garden, but mostly feeling very good about having helped the couple. It might have been a small thing, but it made Tanis feel better about everything the couple had done for her already so it mattered to her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next