All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:05 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

For some reason, Sirius' phrasing made a chill run down Remus' spine. Sirius had, after all, not said anything out of the ordinary nor untrue; there was just something about having to ride on the back of Sirius' bike that always made Remus' heart skip a beat.
"I'm sure Dumbledore would appreciate if we kept away from the Floo network, at least," he just answered, trying to remind himself that Sirius' solution was nothing but practical. Sirius' bike would be less likely to be tracked than either of them apparating.
Remus had muttered the comment, not wanting to attract much attention to his choice of words as Muggles started appearing around them; it was late, but the still-open street vendors had seemed to populate the street even at this time of day.
Remus' eyes once again searched for Sirius', and a smile appeared on his lips once they did. "Any other cCristmas shopping you need to get done while we're at it?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:51 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The completely mundane conversation helped to make Sirius forget the severity of their situation. Sure, things still had time to go horribly wrong, but he doubted that anyone would be out to get them while finding a christmas tree, especially not while surrounded by muggles.
“Maybe we should get them some ornaments too. I don’t actually know if they have any decorations of their own,” Sirius pondered, mostly just liking the light chat to keep them distracted. It was nice to get to be normal, if only for just a single evening. “What do you think?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:02 pm 

Sirius' comment made Remus' glance off, as if in search for a clock on the face of a building, but came up short.
"I don't know," he admitted lightly once his eyes returned onto Sirius. Remus' flat was in a small country side village, but it seemed like most of the stores were still open. "Hadn't considered gifts, actually."
That was only half a truth. H had planned on gifting each a book of his own collection, but while that had always been a sentimental gift Remus enjoyed giving, the war had taken some of the affection out of the gesture; after all, material things had lost their meaning over the course of the war.
Remus had paused, still eyeing Sirius; he was considering what he could gift the man in front of him, but nothing really seemed like enough. "Maybe we should get Harry a toy."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius’ features lit up at that suggestion, not sure why he hadn’t thought of that himself. He mostly just wanted to make his friends happy, especially through doing something for Harry. They didn’t have much around here and whatever little they could get meant that much more.
“That’s a brilliant idea, Moony,” he said with a warm smile, giving Remus’ hand a soft squeeze as they finally arrived at the small square where they sold trees. Wanting to feel a little more secluded, he dragged Remus in between the trees, needing to pick out the best one for their friends.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:58 pm 

Remus let out a surprised laugh at Sirius' eagerness, but did otherwise not protest when the other led them through the maze of trees. For it being mid december, the stand still had an impressive amount of pines on display, making easy work of carrying on a private conversation.
"You don't think they have the prettiest ones up front?" Remus said, simultaneously tugging Sirius closer by his hand and leaning forward towards the other. A grin toyed at his lips. "Or do you have other plans?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:46 pm 

A wide grin seemed to be stuck on Sirius’ face. It wasn’t a huge thing they were doing, but it was nice to see Remus out and seemingly in a good mood. The moons seemed to take a harder toll on Remus every time, especially with the war also going on. It just seemed like he had to do something to get him happy.
“Maybe I just want an excuse to grope you out of the public eye,” he said as he pulled Remus closer, wrapping an arm around his waist. “Maybe I don’t want to share you with the world.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:18 pm 

Remus let out a surprised, laughing sound at the sudden shift, his hand finding Sirius' shoulder for support.
"Oh, yeah?" he challenged, his voice still half a laugh. The wide grin and the airy chuckles were doing their part in dismissing the way Sirius' words made Remus hitch his bread, and a warm ball form in the very pit of his stomach. "Shouldn't have dragged me out into the cold, then - you brought the public eye upon yourself."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:26 pm 

Sirius shrugged at that, still holding Remus close to himself. It felt nice and natural and it made it easy for forget just how dire their situation was.
“Maybe I wanted to show you off a little, but also make sure that I get to keep you for myself,” he said with a teasing grin, leaning in to place a quick kiss to Remus’ cheek. “I don’t have to agree with myself.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:20 pm 

Moments like these both managed to make Remus' heart flutter and stomach turn, resulting in an awkward, coughed out chuckle. Sirius' touch was absolutely intoxicating and made Remus' head spin, and if he didn't think too much about it, he could almost allow himself to indulge in them. But the words with which the touch was accompanied always brought Remus right back to reality.
"Yeah, being the eye candy that I am?" he said, and though it was meant as a tease, his irony shone through the gaps. It seemed like it would be impossible for Remus to forget just how out of his league Sirius was, and yet, he always found himself in a situation like this. However, a soft smile still remained on his lips. "That's too far fetched, even for you, Pads, don't you think?"
"Hi, boys, how can I help ya?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:25 pm 

Upon hearing s strange voice, Sirius’ grip around Remus loosened, not because he wouldn’t want to stand by Remus in public, but because he didn’t want this to reflect poorly on Remus. He was relieved to see the salesman’s daughter, at least that as who Sirius assumed that she was, smiling happily at them.
“We need the most beautiful tree you get us for,” Sirius looked down at the money Remus had handed him before they left his flat, “20 pounds.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 pm 

The feeling of Sirius grip loosening made Remus heart drop, finding that it only served to reassure him of just how unobtainable Sirius were. A knot formed in his throat, and with a polite smile, Remus met the clerk's eye.
"I might have more," he muttered, turning further out of Sirius' grip as he bowed his head to search his coat pockets for more Muggle currency.
The girl's eyes darted between the two young men, before once again smiling, deciding that they could always adjust the budget as they went. "Sure thing. Are you lads looking for a potted tree or one that's been cut? If you have enough space indoors for a tree, then a cut three would be a better option for ya."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:56 pm 

Sirius had never bought a Christmas tree in his life so he had no idea what he was actually looking for. He knew that Remus probably wouldn’t know much more than him though, so he didn’t know if it would help to turn to him for questions.
“Are we going all out, Moony?” He found himself asking anyways. It was a silly thing after all, but it was something fun they could get to share.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm 

After a couple of moments of search, Remus had managed to locate another 5 pounds in coins by the time he once again directed his attention to Sirius and the girl.
"Uh," he said, equally as unprepared as Sirius was. Something about the odd petname and their general confusion made blood rush to Remus' cheeks, suddenly worried that they wouldn't convincingly come across as Muggles. He glanced at Sirius in search for some support. "Just the biggest one we can get, I guess?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am 

“I’m sorry we’re like this, I don’t celebrate Christmas and he’s Jewish,” Sirius stated with a sheepish grin, feeling a little sorry for the poor girl having to deal with them. It was very claer thst they had no idea what they were doing, even if it should probably be w very easy thing to do.
“We wanna surprise our friends who are new parents,” he added, surprised by how normal he made their situation sound. Sure, he left out a lot of stuff, but he liked knowing that this girl just thought that they were two guys doing their friends a favour.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:34 pm 

The tension of maneuvering through Muggle Britain during a war seemed to lie deep within Remus, and hearing Sirius' explanation almost felt absurdly arbitrary, however true it might have been.
Remus' eyes lingered on Sirius, some surprise still in his eyes before the girl answered, and she once again caught Remus’ attention.
"Alright, let us see what we can do for ya," she chirped, and Remus was almost stunned to see how willingly she accepted that explanation.
When the girl turned in search for a tree, waving them along, Remus inattentively grabbed hold of Sirius' wrist, urging him onwards.
"You sure you two don't want a tree of your own? I can give you a bit of a discount if you buy two," she said, glancing over her shoulder as she filtered through the trees.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:47 pm 

The idea that this girl clearly considered the two of them to be some kind of couple blew Sirius’ mind. He knew that they were being very touchy, but he wasn’t used to consider the two of them like that. He did love Remus, but he knew that they’d never be like that.
“Eh, I honestly don’t think that either of us would know what to do with a Christmas tree,” he said, looking briefly over at Remus to confirm, as he turned his hand slightly as to reposition their hands and entangle their fingers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:30 pm 

The initial chill of Sirius' fingers brushing against his palm and then, immediately after, the warmth of Sirius properly holding Remus by the hand sent a chill down Remus' spine. His breath hitched slightly at that, instinctively glancing down at their hands even when Sirius turned to meet his eye.
"Yeah, no, we're not really that Christian," he said, not knowing what went through his mind when he phrased the answer like that. Sirius had already told the girl he was Jewish, after all. He made a face at that, something between disappointment and a suppressed laugh.
"That's all fine, lads," the girl answered as she filtered through threes standing so close Remus didn't even attempt to follow her. Between trees, he saw her glance at their hands, before yet again sporting a friendly smile. "It's not an issue."
Unable to help himself, Remus finally caved and grinned, exhaling a shaky breath in an attempt to muffle the laugh forming in his throat. Not wanting to give off the impression that he was laughing at the girl, he turned against Sirius in order to not to meet her eye.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:32 am 

There was a certain intimacy about picking out a Christmas tree with Remus, even if the tree wasn’t for themselves. It was comforting to see the muggles just go on with their lives, not even aware of the war that was raging around them.
It gave him hope that there would actually be something for them to return to after the war, even if it seemed less and less likely every day.
“Thanks for helping us out though.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:51 pm 

Despite the fact that Remus was paying for the tree, it didn't fully feel like his project. As the girl puttered around, Remus' eyes was turned onto Sirius out of pure disinterest of the actual trees the girl had started pulling out for them to look at. In the winter dark with the warm streetlights illuminating them Sirius looked so unreal it almost hurt.
They were still holding hands, and Remus had to remind himself that the gesture had been a thoughtless act on Sirius' behalf and, that he was being a fool for holding onto it for so long.
"Any of these you like?"
Remus felt eternally grateful for the sudden interjection, taking the opportunity to loosing his grip around Sirius' hand, expecting the other to examine the trees. Only Remus' index remained hooked around Sirius' fingers as he asked, "What do you think?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 am 

Not wanting to let go of Remus, Sirius slightly adjusted his grip on his hand, pulling him closer to the choice of trees that the girl was presenting to them. He didn’t really know what made a good Christmas tree, but he was trying to think of trees he had seen in the movies.
“I think the middle one would be good, what are you thinking Moony?” He asked, wanting Remus to be part of the decision, even if it was probably mostly his own project.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next