All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:11 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Remus did, in fact, worry a lot about Sirius, but he also knew better than to make a comment about it. Instead, he just nodded, turning in order to edge past Sirius and a step or two up the stairs. "Are we sticking around at James'? Should I bring a book?"
The last addition was spoken as an attempt to meet Sirius' excitement at least half way there, and he glanced over his shoulder with a crooked grin. It, however, became clear he didn't expect much of an answer, as he within a couple of steps had disappeared upstairs and into his bedroom for a change of clothes.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:35 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Being at Remus’ flat had a calming effect on Sirius and soon he was able to fall down a little and not be as erratic as when he had entered the flat.
“Don’t be cheeky,” he said with a crooked grin, obviously not minding the tone that was between the two of them. He just really wanted to do something nice for his friends, especially seeing how meaningless everything seemed.
Would a christmas tree stop the war? Of course not. But it could remove the focus from it for a while and that was honestly all Sirius wanted.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:08 pm 

Somewhere upstairs, Remus laughed at the remark, but his response was barely audible through the distance, and by the time Remus reappeared on the staircase, he didn't seem to feel the need to elaborate.
Remus had swapped out his jeans for a pair of corduroy trousers and layered another sweater on top the thin knit he was already wearing. "Did you bring any pounds, or it it my treat?"
The comment was said with a crooked grin as he descended the staircase, grabbing the scarf he had abandoned on the banister.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sheepishly, Sirius realised that he hadn’t thought to bring any muggle money with him. He did have some lying around at his flat, but it had just been his intention to visit Remus, so he hadn’t thought to bring them with him. He just hoped that Remus didn’t actually mind, especially considering that it had been his crazy idea to even get a tree.
“Can you cover for me? I forgot my muggle money,” he said with a sheepish grin, really hoping that Remus wasn’t going to be mad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 pm 

Remus chuckled out a little laugh, meeting Sirius' eye as he wrapped the scarf around his neck.
"Sure," he breathed, his voice still resonating so much with the laugh that it was impossible for him to sound bothered by it; after all, money had lost its meaning in a war.
Remus reached out for his muggle jacket, pulling it on and immediately stuffing his hands in its pockets; in the left pocket, Remus was able to pull out a couple of wrinkly 20 pound notes.
Taking a step forward, Remus caught Sirius' hand with his left, shoving the paper into the other's hand. There still was a grin around his face as he continued. "My treat, but only if you pick out the bloody best tree of the bunch."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:14 am 

Sirius lit up in a bright smile at that, happy that Remus was in on the idea. He accepts the money, still quite unused to muggle money, but he is getting better with them. The sensation of the money manages to distract him from the sensation of Remus’ hand in his own and how he wishes that he could just get to hold it.
“Of course. Nothing less will do,” he said with a wide grin, bouncing on his feet, eager to get going. He just wanted to do something nice for his friends and even if it seemed very silly, then he hoped that it would make James and Lily happy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:04 pm 

Once Remus felt Sirius' grip around the bills, he retrieved his hand. His eyes lingered on Sirius for a moment, remains of his smile still on his lips. In the middle of such heartbreaking times Remus felt incredibly lucky to get to witness Sirius' excitement.
Not allowing himself to linger at that thought, Remus turned slightly in order to take a knitted beanie off a peg, pulling it on. Remus generally tried not to move through his Muggle neighbourhood too much, not wanting to draw attention to himself; he knew how he came across. The hat and the scarf, however, seemed to cover enough of his scars that they became more believable. With both his hands he pulled the hat down below his brows and tugged his scarf up high enough that it covered better part of his mouth.
His smile was, however, visible in his eyes as he muttered a: "Lets go, then."

Last edited by Nymeria on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:04 pm 

Despite knowing that it was a necessity, it still broke Sirius’ heart to see Remus cover up as much as he did. It wasn’t that he didn’t know why it was a necessary thing to do, but he would’ve liked to be able to properly be able to see Remus’ face. He knew better than to draw attention towards it, so he simply exited Remus’ flat together with him, returning out into the cold.
They didn’t have to take very long with picking out a tree, but he hoped that it would bring a smile to Remus’ face, no matter how hidden it was.
“Alright, let’s go get the best tree we can find.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:34 pm 

Remus stopped at his doorstep, locking the door with two muggle keys; with his wand still hidden in his sweater sleeve, Remus awkwardly tapped the inside of this wrist against the door, muttering a third locking charm. The home was technically Dumbledore's, and neither Remus nor the Order wanted to take any risks.
"Which way were the trees?" Remus asked, as he finally followed suit, catching up to Sirius within a couple of strides. Bundled up for the cold, Remus had to turn his entire torso in order to look at the other.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:19 pm 

Suppressing the urge to reach out and take Remus’ hand, not wanting to call unnecessary attention on to them, Sirius simply nodded down the street from whence he came. It wasn’t going to be a very long walk and he just hoped that they still had some pretty trees left.
“Follow me good sir.,” he said with a warm smile.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:56 pm 

Remus grinned at that, his breath freezing in the cold air as he scoffed out a laugh. His eyes remained on Sirius for a moment longer after that; it seemed the longer he saw Sirius on the streets of a Muggle village, the further away the war seemed. However, he eventually had to turn his eyes on the cobble stone ahead, forcing himself back to reality.
"I think it's a really nice idea," he eventually said, his voice a soft exhale. Once again, he turned almost completely in order to once again catch Sirius in his sightline. "I really do."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:08 pm 

Sirius couldn’t help but grin widely at that. He knew that it was a stupid idea, but the fact that Remus was able to see how it might be a nice thing to do as well just confirmed that it was the right choice. He wanted to do something nice to his friends; and he figured that James and Lily would be happy about getting a tree and that he and Remus woul have fun picking it out.
“Yeah?” He asked, grin still on his face, as he reached out to grab a hold on Remus’ hand, finding that the moment was right for it. “I’m glad.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:36 pm 

The feeling of Sirius' warm hand against Remus' freezing own sent a shiver up Remus' spine. He was certain he never would get used to the feeling of Sirius' caresses no matter small they might be, and consequently, he didn't know what else to do than the reciprocate the touch by leaning in closer to Sirius.
No matter how much he loved Sirius, being affectionate in public still made Remus' heart rate quicken. Holding hands with a bloke might result in being far more incriminating than his scarred face, but, not wanting to let go of the other's hand, Remus stepped closer, his shoulder briefly brushing against Sirius' as they continued down the street.
Remus' eyes hand found their hands for a moment, but now managed to look forward as he muttered a small and genuine, "I'm proud of you, Pads."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:58 pm 

The deep sincerity in Remus’ voice as he said that he was proud of him was almost too much for Sirius to handle. He knew that it probably meant nothing major, but it always made him feel elated to know that Remus enjoyed having him around.
“Really?” Sirius asked as he looked over at Remus, wanting to find confirmation in his face that he actually meant it. They were pretty close together, but Sirius simply enjoyed the intimacy. “You don’t think that I am crazy?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:12 pm 

Remus turned his head to properly look at Sirius; there was something in his eyes that made it seem like Sirius' question had surprised him.
Wanting to put in the effort to properly answer, Remus' free hand found its way to his scarf, pulling it far enough down for his mouth to be exposed.
"Of course not," he said, his breath crystallizing in the air between them. His eyes lingered on Sirius', his pace slowing without fully realising. Eventually, the corner of his mouth was tugged upwards. He gave Sirius' hand a squeeze. "Not for doing this, at least."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:07 am 

Sirius broke into a wide grin at that, not sure why the comment had made him so happy, but there was something about the way that Remus was looking at him that made him feel warm inside. He really loves Remus, but he knows that they likely never be more than just friends. It’s probably for the better too, but that doesn’t meant that it doesn’t hurt.
“Thank you, Moony,” he said with a warm smile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:18 pm 

Remus hummed at that, not fully knowing what to respond to it other than a small sound of general well being. His eyes remained on Sirius for a moment too long, though; before he was fully able to stop himself, Remus had pulled Sirius' hand closer to him, by that tugging the other close enough that Remus could brush his lips against Sirius' temple.
The gesture was deeply affectionate, but the moment Remus straightened his posture, his grip around Sirius' hand loosened, and eventually, he let completely go of the other. They had filtered through the smaller streets towards a more populated one, and, once again, Remus' eyes darted forward, tugging his scarf closer around his face. When he once again spoke it was almost too normal. "You realise we wont be able to enchant the tree, right? We're carrying this home by hand."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:18 pm 

The soft brush of lips against his temple caught Sirius completely off guard. It wasn’t unusual for him and Remus to sometimes kiss one another, but he knew that he would probably never get used to it. He wanted nothing more than to be able to kiss Remus on the lips, but he knew that that was off limits. He shouldn’t rock the boat.
“That’s the fun part,” Sirius managed with a bright grin, probably a little too late, but he just had to hope that Remus didn’t notice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:35 pm 

"Is it?" Remus questioned, his voice skeptical but halfways to a laugh. He took a couple of quick steps, allowing him to walk enough ahead of Sirius that he could turn and properly look at him as they walked. "Or is the fun bit going to apparate it to James', wards and all?"
There was a tease in Remus' eyes, as he glanced off to one side, making sure he wouldn't walk into someone. He once again met Sirius' eyes. "Or are we taking your bike?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:53 pm 

To be quite frank, then Sirius hadn’t really given the transport of the tree much thought. It wasn’t unusual for him to simply rush into things and then deal with the consequences later. Luckily, this would have a rather easy fix, as long as they managed to actually decide on a proper solution.
“We should probably take my bike,” he stated, figuring that that would be the easiest way to go. “So we have to take into consideration that the tree has to be able to fit into the side cart.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next