All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Remus was deep beneath the heavy duvet by the time Sirius came around to answer him; he watched him with his head on a pillow and his eyelids heavy.
Had it been any other day, the sight of Sirius first undressing and then approaching the bed would have felt so intimate that Remus would have objected, swallowed his own request, cheeks flushed hoping Sirius didn't notice how just the sight of him had made the hairs on Remus' neck stand. Had Remus been smarter, he would have told himself that Sirius had been sharing his bed after a moon for years. Had Remus been bolder, he would have cussed Sirius out, telling him to either put some clothes back on or to finish undressing.
Neither reaction happened as the lulling sensation of the gentle pressure of his blankets washed away any reaction Remus might have had.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:37 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius made himself comfortable in bed, basically draping himself over Remus, hoping that it would work to comfort him. As far as Sirius could recall, Remus seemed to find comfort in the weight of someone lying close, so he figured that it would be a good move. He was willing to move if Remus so preferred, but he was actually really enjoying himself and didn't really want to do so.
"Comfortable?" He asked in a slightly sleepy voice. He always got exhausted during a moon as well, mostly because he spent all of his energy caring for Remus and making sure Remus was okay. He didn't mind, but he did feel it get to him, especially on top of the war.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:26 pm 

Remus was practically asleep before Sirius joined him in bed, being pulled back to reality by his touch. With closed eyes and a slight frown, Remus hummed out a hard-to-interpret answer.
It was a point in the evening where Remus was certain he could fall asleep in any position, and yet he managed to conjure enough energy to turn further into Sirius' embrace.
The shift was done mainly to relief some of the pressure put onto his bandaged shoulder, and partially to diminish the space between them. Remus' arms were folded between them, and he was fully aware of the fact that the back of his hand was rested flat against Sirius' chest, making it possible for him to feel both the other's breathing and heartbeat.
"Thank you," Remus muttered barely audibly. After graduating from Hogwarts Remus found it almost impossible to fall asleep without the sound of somebody else's breathing, but the fact that Sirius had agreed to asleep in the same bed as him was almost excessive; Remus was, however, not one to complain.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:50 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius smiled softly at the expression of gratitude, not really finding that he was doing anything extraordinary, but he was elated that he was actually helping Remus. He wanted nothing more than to just be a positive force in Remus' life, so anything he could do to help him was a winning move in his book. It did also help that he got to lie close to his best friend in a way that could easily be read as non-platonic. He knew that that wasn't where they were, but it was nice to imagine sometimes. They would never be there, but sometimes Sirius could almost imagine what it would feel like to move things further with Remus.
"Any time."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:50 pm 

When Remus finally woke up, he wasn't at all surprised by the fact that he had practically not moved through out the night - what did, however, was the fact that Sirius hadn't either.
Even without knowing what the exact time was, Remus knew from experience that it must be well into the evening, and as he finally opened his eyes, the darkness of the room only confirmed his suspicion.
Next to him Sirius was lying peacefully, though Remus wasn't sure he was fully asleep any longer; however, the other's eyes were still closed, and in the twilight of the room, Remus allowed himself to really look at Sirius. There was no explaining how lucky Remus was to have him, even if he couldn't have him as more than a friend.
With a soft, hummed exhale, Remus finally shifted. Without moving away from Sirius, he freed his arm from between them before lazily wrapping it around Sirius' neck, resting his palm against his bare shoulder blade.
"You could have gotten up, you know," he muttered, probably too close to the other now that his arm wasn't between them. A small grin had appeared onto both his lips and voice. "You must have been awake for hours."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:45 pm 

You would think that Sirius would have gotten used to waking up next to Remus, but never quite when it was like this. He wanted to help Remus the best way that he could, but it pained him to know that it would never be anything but platonic. The soft touch on his neck did very little to remind him of the platonic nature of their relationship though, but he didn't want to think too much about it.
"But maybe I am comfortable," Sirius said with a tired smile. He had indeed been awake for quite a while by now, but he didn't really mind all that much. He liked to believe that he was actually doing something to comfort Remus just by being close to him, even if he wasn't doing much except just cuddling him. He moved slightly so that his head was resting on Remus' chest, finding that the soft embrace invited that kind of intimacy.
"It's not like I have a lot of other plans for today. You are my first priority."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:20 pm 

Remus hummed at the shift, willingly turning further onto his back to accommodate Sirius new proximity. He tried to convince himself the sound had escaped his lips as a reacting to the weight being put onto his tender clavicle, but in reality, he knew it was a reaction to feeling Sirius' cheek against his chest. Despite there being both a layer of cloth and bandages between the other and Remus' scars, he knew he would have had a hard time tolerating his embrace with any other than Sirius.
Not wanting to go down that trail of thought, Remus tightened his grip around Sirius shoulders, moving his hand slightly in small motions.
"Yeah?" he challenged. It surprised him to hear himself sound so pleased by Sirius' words, momentarily flustered by the whole situation. Remus once again became painfully aware of Sirius' state of undress, the feeling of Sirius' bare skin against his hand, and by the impulse to trail his hand further down the other's back in desperate search for some clothing.
With his cheeks heated, Remus forced his hand off of Sirius' skin to instead run it through his hair, needing to place his hand somewhere it wouldn't wander.
Doing his very best to sound more unaffected than he felt, he finally continued. "It's not just an excuse to convince the Order to let you sleep in a couple of day?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:43 pm 

Sirius’ already pathetic attempt at convincing himself that his feelings for Remus were completely platonic seemed even more pathetic once he felt Remus’ hand on his bare skin. Being completely unhelpful, his brain had quickly started suggesting other places that hand could roam and he knew that that was a slippery slope at best. It was almost a relief when Remus’ hand ended in his hair instead, seeing as hair petting could more easily be written off as a friendly show of affection, rather than anything else.
“Alright, you got me,” he said with a lazy smile, carefully putting his arm across Remus’ chest and cuddling in closer to him, doing his best to be very careful and not accidentally hurt Remus further. He was drowsy from sleeping, but he knew that he had to take care for the lines not to blur too much and for him to accidentally do something stupid. Like maybe kissing Remus. That would be very stupid.
“I am just using you to get a day off from the war. I told the war to chill so that I could sleep in. Happy?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:15 pm 

Once again Remus' answer came in the form of a hum, having managed to swallow a laugh he feared would inevitably disturb Sirius in his new found position.
"I thought so," he muttered, the smile still audible in his voice. Unable to help himself, he turned his head slightly in order to press a kiss onto Sirius' hair.
Remus' hand was still buried deep into Sirius dark hair, and as his fingers combed through it in a movement parallel as to how Remus' lips once again left Sirius' scalp, Remus tried to remember if Sirius had gone to bed with it in a tie. Almost as if to further explore that thought, Remus drew back his hand, only to immediately after use it to push the hair off the other's forehead, once again combing through it before settling at the nape of the other's neck.
It was hard to put into words exactly what overcame Remus in that moment but, almost instinctively, he once again shifted his position slightly in order to place a kiss onto Sirius' forehead.
The kiss was brief, but Remus' lips had barely left Sirius' skin before he added with a chuckle an airy, "being your first priority sound's far too good to be true."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:03 am 

The soft embrace combined with the kisses and Remus’ hand in his hair made it neigh impossible for Sirius to remember that they were just friends. He had to push down the urge to lean up and kiss Remus on the lips, but he knew that that wouldn’t be a good idea.
Instead, he just tilted his head a little so that he could properly look at Remus. He looked a lot better rested by now, but Sirius could tell that he was still affected by the moon. It was awful to see someone you loved suffer in such a way, but he hoped that his presence had helped Remus to feel at least a little bit better. It was all he wanted for Remus.
“Yeah, I am actually just using you as an excuse,” he said in a soft voice, his hand landing on Remus’ chest and softly starting to trail a pattern over the bandages. If he just didn’t think too much, he could almost imagine that this was his reality and not just to help Remus through the worst of this full moon. “It’s a stellar excuse not to do any work.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:28 am 

A shudder went through Remus as Sirius started tracing his fingers across the bandages. Even though there were several layers between Sirius' touch and Remus' skin, his skin still felt impossibly sensitive; as a result of that, Remus inattentively and momentarily tightened his grip around Sirius' hair ever so slightly.
"I figured," he exhaled once the immediate shivers settled down, and without even realising he had tightened it, Remus once again loosened his grip. Part of him wanted to comment on how he didn't just get the day off but the whole weekend, but the feeling of Sirius' patterns on his skin effectively prevented him from forming the thought into a witty answer. He was aware of the fact that Sirius had turned to look at him, but Remus' attention was on witnessing how his fingers appeared and disappeared into Sirius' hair depending on how he flexed his hand. "It's one of the only perks."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:37 pm 

“Shut up,” Sirius said in a tired voice, almost a little muffled by the way he was lying on Remus. He knew that Remus had a hard time appreciating himself, but Sirius wasn’t going to let himself sit around and pretend that he wasn’t enjoyable to be around. It probably didn’t matter anything in the long run, but Sirius was going to keep complimenting him and making him know that he was over until he believed it. That was at least what he told himself.
“There are plenty perks,” he added, trying to look up at Remus with a soft smile. It always broke his heart when Remus made it sound like he was completely unloveable, especially considering just how much Sirius loved him.
His hand was still trailing patterns on Remus chest, not sure how to get it through to his best friend that he really cared for him. It shouldn’t be this hard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:18 pm 

Remus couldn't help but smile at that; not because he found Sirius' retort particularly funny or insightful, but because he had, after all, failed to make the joke clear. This made Remus emit another humming exhale, finally turning to meet Sirius' eye.
"Yeah," he uncharacteristically agreed, shifting his position as he spoke. His hand untangled itself from the other's hair in order to grip the wrist the hand with which Sirius was caressing his chest. Remus' eyes remained on Sirius', a grin on his lips. "I can only think of a couple, but they're perks none the less."
With his hand still around Sirius' wrist, Remus pushed himself up onto one elbow, effectively moving Sirius' off of his chest, turning him back onto his back. There was a brief moment of consideration, having to consider how he wanted this interaction to end. In the end, Remus decided against all of his impulses and didn't kiss Sirius. Instead, Remus lips once again parted in a smile. "You get to have a grotesquely large breakfast without any remorse. Cooked by yours truly."
With that, Remus pulled Sirius' arm closer, planting a loud kiss onto the soft skin on Sirius' forearm, before finally letting go of the other, turning away from him in order to get out of bed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:47 pm 

“I can think of a lot,” Sirius stated, knowing that it probably was for nothing, but he did want Remus to know that he cared about him and wanted him around.
Once their embrace was broken, Sirius already missed lying close to Remus. Their embraces weren’t really that unusual, but it was unusual for them to stay like that for the whole night; and yet it still hadn’t been enough for Sirius. Even with the kiss to his arm, comically loud, all he wanted to do was to pull Remus down and make him hold him again. He didn’t really want to be a part of a world where it wasn’t the norm that they could lie like that.
“Damn, you are spoiling me, Moony,” he said with a wide grin, doing nothing to show his disappointment. There was no use to it after all. They were going to stay friends, but Sirius bloody well knew that they were never going to be more than that. They couldn’t.
“Do you want any help with that? I have been told that I am good at taking direction.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:14 am 

Once having left the soft embrace of Sirius and the comforter, Remus realized he might not have been as freed of pain as he had initially expected. Sure, it was nothing compared to the pain he left on the nights leading up to the moon, but he was definitely and absolutely exhausted. His hand crept under his shirt collar, wanting to brush his hand across the bandaged shoulder in search for any wet spots that might have indicated a bleeding. However, very little of that showed once he was on his feet and once again turned to meet Sirius' eye.
"What poor fool has tried convincing you of that?" he couldn't help but grin out, his voice a laughing exhale. His hand was still at his shoulder, his fingers inattentively trailing the lengths of the wrapped bandage, but, for the second time in a brief amount of time, he was faced with the fact that he'd much rather be trailing something else. Seeing Sirius smiling at him like that, undressed and entangled in familiar sheets, sent a shiver down Remus' spine, and it took everything he had not to crawl back into bed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:17 am 

A toothy grin made its way to Sirius’ lips at that, knowing that it was very silly, but he always liked it when Remus actually had the mental energy to tease him. It usually meant that the pain was at a tolerable level and nothing thrilled Sirius as much as knowing that Remus wasn’t completely beaten and broken. That was what he was here for.
“Well, maybe I’m not good at it in a conventional way, but I swear I am good at taking direction at certain times,” he said as he got up from the bed to go get dressed. He was going to help Remus with this whether he wanted him to or not. If nothing else, he was going to keep Remus company and made sure that he didn’t think about being in pain too much. He pulled his shirt over the head and smiled over at Remus. “Does your bandage need changing?”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:21 am 

It would be a lie to say that Remus hadn't been distracted by Sirius' movements, barely paying attention to what the other was saying. Getting to witness Sirius dress was almost more painful than seeing him undress, knowing from experience how clothes seemed to bring them both back to reality.
When Sirius asked him a question, Remus was, in fact, abruptly brought back to reality, withdrawing his hand from his shoulder in an equally startled movement. There was a brief moment were Remus looked like a child caught doing something prohibited, before a smile softened his features, and he shook his head. "It's fine."
Despite the fact that Remus had in fact stumbled upon a damp spot of his bandaged, he would still argue that he was fine. Besides, the blue plaid of the pajamas stet had dark shadows of past bleedings scattered across it, and Remus doubted Sirius would notice that there had been added one more. "I'll change them once I shower. But thank you."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:19 pm 

“You sure?” Sirius asked, knowing Remus far too well to just assume that he wouldn’t be lying to him.
He picked up his pants as well and started shimmying into them, knowing that he would have to leave eventually and he wanted to be ready for that. He wanted to spend more time with Remus and make sure that he was safe, but he knew that Remus would never allowed him to stick around for that reason alone. He was too proud to receive that kind of help.
“It’s really not a bother and I would rather help you so that you don’t strain yourself unnecessarily,” he said with a soft smile, not wanting to seem like he was pitying Remus even if that was basically the truth. It was all out of love though and he just hoped that Remus knew that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:23 pm 

This time, Remus had to actively remind himself not to ogle at Sirius while he got dressed. In stead, he turned towards the dresser, pulling out a thick knit cardigan he could pull over the stained pajamas; Remus knew Sirius would be able to see through most of his bluffs, and he didn't feel like giving Sirius the opportunity to spot a fresh stain amidst the old ones.
"I need a shower," he just declared as his eyes once again met Sirius'. He felt like that should be answer enough, when it was greatly due to the fact that he didn't feel like undressing in front of Sirius, having just confirmed just how stunning the other was.
"And I need breakfast," Remus added, almost as if to remind himself of that. The thought seemed to liven up his features into a grin. "Do you think we can have breakfast before we start doing damage control?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:48 am 

Sirius knew that Remus was trying to remove focus from his wounds, but he decided not to dig too much into it. He was going to allow Remus to take it easy and then force him to accept later after they had eaten. There was no use in making Remus get help before he had had something to eat.
“Sure,” he said with a soft smile, reaching out to gently take Remus’ hand and softly dragging him towards the kitchen. He didn’t know why he felt the need to take Remus’ hand, he just felt like there was something comforting in holding Remus’ hand. “Let’s get you some good and then try to patch you back up, yeah?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next