All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

((we interrupt ur regularly scheduled pandemic content to bring u just a truly utterly shamelessly wolfstar au))

Despite the zig zagged way Moony took through the woods behind his house, he walked with a clear purpose. Eyes down on the undisturbed forest floor, he thoughtlessly rapped his stick against any trunks that came within his reach. It was a practiced exercise, knowing exactly where he was going, yet careful of not treading a path there.
As the weather started to cool, the roundabout walk would become excessive as there would be fewer and fewer plants to tread down to begin with. Moony knew, however, it would only be a matter of weeks before leaving tracks in the snow would pose an even greater challenge. Going through the woods without a care was not an option - the secrecy of the hut was engrained in the core of their friendship.
Autumn had gotten a hold of the trees, the crowns thinning in a way that increased his visibility. Moony was still several yards away when he first saw movement up ahead; not many few steps after, he was able to distinguish Sirius' figure perched on the abandoned deer hunting post where they had made their hideout.
Whistling a note to announce his proximity, Moony tugged at the strap of his bookbag, finding that it kept sliding down at the bulkiness of his winter coat.
"I solemnly swear," he started the code phrase, as he reached the foot of the post, waiting for Sirius' reply, the same inexplicable necessity behind the exchange as it had been to zig zag there. It was above all with the clear intent of smoking out body snatchers, or the rare possibility of an evil clone.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:51 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The way through the woods, no matter how zig zagged and round about it was, had become second nature to Sirius by now, not wanting anyone to be able to find the hide out he shared with his best friend, Moony. He had gotten there first, having already crowded to the top of the abandoned deer post with practiced ease and had taken to just fall down for a moment as he waited for Moony.
Luckily, it didn’t take long before he heard her tell tale voice, which brought a smile to his lips. He liked having a friend like Moony, someone he could share a secret hideout with and someone he could have a secret code word with. His friendship with Moony was the only thing he had to himself and the only thing that his mum didn’t punish him for.
“That I am up to no good,” he called back, looking down to see if he could spot his friend, even if he knew that she would probably be at the bottom of the steps by now.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:05 pm 

Moony was already looking up, neck craned skywards, when Sirius finally peered over the edge. It immediately brought a toothy smile to his lips, making his cheeks sting in the cold. Moony was continuously amazed that Sirius was there, his heart leaping out of his chest every time he saw the boy's flushed face peer down at him.
"Hi, Padfoot," he greeted, voice almost a laugh, years of familiarity seeping into in not only the code name but in the repetition of their little rituals. It was the sense of relief, constantly fearing somebody else to be up there in Sirius' place.
"Ma packed us some tea," he announced as his eyes dropped, fumbling for a moment getting the bookbag properly over both shoulders. Jumping in place to pull down his bunched up coat at the small of his back, Moony finally started to climb the ladder. "And I nicked some biscuits. Want some?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:06 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

There was no greater comfort to Sirius than when Moony made her way up the steps and he knew that it was just going to be the two of them for the rest of the afternoon. His mum usually didn’t mind that he was out as long as he didn’t get his clothes too dirty and just stayed quiet; and it was a lot easier to be quiet in the manor when you weren’t in the manor after all.
“Hi Moony,” Sirius parroted, their codenames never failing to bring a smile to his face. The lookout post was their place and no one ever expected anything from them there, they just got to relax and be themselves, away from the eyes of the world.
“Yes please!”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:20 pm 

Moony turned on the last step, seating himself on the ledge before the weight of the bag threatened to topple him backwards at the attempt of standing at the last steps. With a thud, the thermos in his bag rested against the wooden boards, Moony finally turning to look at Sirius with a smile.
"I got the good one's, too," Moony grinned, pushing the knitted hat another inch up his forehead, widening his field of vision.
Taking opportunity of the seat, he turned to undo the buckles of the bag.
"What's the situation report? Any signs of intruders?" he said, earnestly and childishly protective of their hut. Deer hunting season had begun a month ago - Moony had checked with his mother years ago and memorized its span - and even though they had ever to see anybody else there, it was always a worry in the back of Moony's mind.
Offering Sirius the packet of Jaffa cakes, Moony scooted properly inside the hut, remaining seated and out of view for the time being. Then, they would no doubt scour the perimeter for any signs of hunters; even if Ma had assured him that almost the entirety of the woods were included in Sirius' parents' estate. Moony never felt entirely convinced. "I came from over the at the creek and I didn't see anything."

PostThis post was deleted by Nymeria on Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:56 pm.
Reason: Posted twice
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:21 am 

Sirius absentmindedly accepted a biscuit and kept looking around the area. He had never actually seen anyone out here, but it always seemed a little risky and thus he always felt like they had to keep a look out for intruders. This was supposed to be his and Mooney’s private place and it was something Sirius valued very deeply.
“Ain’t seen nun,” he stated, properly turning to look at his friend with a toothy grin. It was always the highlight of his day to get to just be alone with Mooney, knowing that she would always be on his side in everything, no matter how minor. It felt like a gift.
“I came by the fallen tree.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:24 pm 

Moony sat facing inwards, leaning against the half wall beneath the window. He could see naked treetops trough the cut out in the opposite wall, and to his right, the path from which he had approached though the door - though, of course, there wasn't a singular footstep to attest to that. As he munched on his biscuit, Sirius really was the only thing worth paying attention to.
When the other boy looked down at him, Moony truly thought it to be the greatest injustice that Sirius could smile like that. While being the spitting image of any other preppy boy who would tease Moony when he passed their bus stop, Sirius' smile was so genuine it made Moony's heart do a flip.
With little care, frustrated to go down that same, endless train of thought, Moony wiped the corner of his lip with the back of his hand, crumbs catching in the homemade knit. Immediately filled with regret, he attempted to brush them away.
"We should scout the perimeters," he said, matter-of-factly. He offered Sirius the thermos, though not accompanying it with any comment. He didn't have any particular explanation to the impulse of leaving the hut this immediately after his arrival. "Maybe they've left some shells behind and then we'll know."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:35 pm 

The way Sirius and Moony discussed their secret hideout almost made it sound like they were on a military mission. Their main objective was always to make sure that nobody would ever find their hideout, because that would mean that it wasn’t their’s anymore. It wasn’t something that they had ever talked about, but in a way, they both knew that if anyone where to take this place away from them, their friendship would probably die out.
“Yes!” Sirius said enthusiastically, wolfing down the last of his Jaffa cake and moved towards the ladder downwards. They needed purpose to their hangouts, even if said purpose was just scouting their perimeter and making sure that no hunters were coming too close.
Rationally, Sirius knew that no one was going to get in there, as he knew where the borders to his parents’ land was, mostly because they had before beat him for crossing those lines, but it still instilled a sense of safety in Sirius to check. “We better.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:15 pm 

Moony lazily leaned over, hip resting against the damp wooden boards before he shuffled to sit up. On his knees, he stuffed his bookbag in the corner least exposed from the draft through the doors and windows, having no intention of bringing it along for the trip. After a moment of hesitation, he pocketed the Jaffa cakes, figuring he'd better not leave anything that'd attract badgers or perhaps, bears.
When the crunch of leaves gave away that Sirius was off the ladder, Moony too climbed out of the hut. Once on the forrest floor, Moony hesitated, not sure where to begin.
After a moment, he bent down to pick up the stick he had brought with him, shifting in from one hand to another in an attempt to brush off the debris his knitted glove had picked up with it.
"Which way do you wanna go?" Moony asked, only glancing up at Sirius after the question left his lips. Then, he lifted the stick, pointing it out towards the wilderness. "Back towards town?" then, changing the target, "Uphill?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:47 pm 

Sirius seemed to stop in though, as if it was a serious contemplation where they should check their perimeter first. It was all deadly important to them after all and Sirius wanted to make absolutely sure that their hideout was as safe as possible.
“I’d say uphill. That way we can also see if anyone is close,” he stated, feeling like that was the best course of action. not that he knew much about perimeters or scouting, but it made him feel like he knew something whenever he and Mooney decided where they would go.
“You know what? You are so good at this, sometimes I forget you are a girl,” he said with a bright smile, clearly meaning it as the biggest of compliments, as he set off in their decided direction.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:21 pm 

Moony was certain Sirius hadn't given the comment any second thought; it was spoken as an off-handed remark, his attention barely on Moony long enough to keep looking at him while speaking it. Regardless, it had made Moony's heart soar, the surprise sending a spike of adrenaline through him.
Sirius wasn't a stranger to similar remarks, probably saying it as often as they dawned upon him. They were peppered into the very fibers of their friendship, Moony fully aware of the fact that they were an integral part of his adoration for the other boy. Smiling so wide that his lips cracked and stung, he aimlessly swung the stick through the underground, needing to vent some of the giddy excitement, before finally setting off after his friend.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:59 am 

______
The first week of school had been absolutely exhausting and Sirius was, once again, glad to find solace in the old hiding post together with Mooney. It had been very exciting too though, as Sirius had met a guy at his school. He had just transferred to Sirius’ school and his name was James and he was great. Sirius so wanted to share his new friend with Mooney, but he knew that she could never meet James, because she could never go to their school.
So instead, he just waited at the old post, excited to share everything from his first week back with his best friend in the whole entire world. He was almost vibrating with excitement as he took in everything, trying to see if he would be able to spot Mooney before she made it to the tower.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:55 am 

Moony was tripping over his own feet, having to constantly suppress the urge of running to meet Sirius. The first week of school was always utterly, despairingly lonely. It would ease, of course, but having to adjust from spending entire days with Sirius to only seeing him in the weekends would never not make his heart ache.
The woods were in full bloom, severely impairing Moony's visibility. The leaves were bright green and saplings his height were shooting up in the gaps he used to maneuver though the woods. Pressure had been building in his chest for the last week, and the density of the woods only seemed to amplify it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:10 pm 

It took a while after Sirius was convinced that he had seen movements in the forest, until Mooney finally broke through the trees and came into sight. I made him break out into a wide smile, having gotten used to seeing his friend every day before they had started school again, so naturally he had missed Mooney so terribly.
He had so many new and exciting things to share with his best friend, and he was convinced that Mooney would have too. It was slightly more difficult to keep up their friendship, now that they couldn’t be constantly together, but Sirius knew that Mooney would always mean the world to him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:56 am 

When the hunting post finally came into view, Moony felt like he had gotten his head above water. He felt his ears pop, the world coming back into focus beyond the sound of his own heart beat and breathing. For a long moment, Moony stared up at Sirius with the same sense of relief as finding a boat on open waters.
"Hi Padfoot," the excitement spilling out of him on a breathless exhale; the code phrase didn't even occur to him, not needing the confirmation that this was actually his friend. "How was school?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:20 pm 

“Hi Mooney!” Sirius yelled back, a brief moment wondering if he could just jump down from the tower, but eventually deciding against it, not wanting to risk any time that he could spend together with his friend. It seemed like it had been a life time since he had last seen Mooney, even if it had just been a week, and Sirius couldn’t wait to share everything that he had experienced with her.
“Terrible!” He responded with a large grin, a grin that told a different story than the one that his words did, however, he felt that it was better to wait to start telling his best friend about his first week in his new school, rather than just yelling it at her.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:36 pm 

Moony very much doubted the fact that Sirius had had a bad week, and still, the mere possibility of it made Moony's heart do a flip with relief. There was a genuine sense of comfort in pretending that maybe, Sirius had spent his afternoons wishing he wasn't tucked away at some posh boarding school. Moony had, at least.
Practically leaping onto the ladder, he grinned up at his friend.
"Well, that's what you get for leaving me," he jabbed out with a broad grin, yet immediately regretting the phrasing. It made the smile waver, Moony desperately glancing down at the steps to distract from the mortification. Even spoken as a tease it rang too truthful. Needing to deflect, Moony instead offered a more compassionate, "Was itreally?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:52 pm 

Sirius desperately wished that he could tell Mooney that everything had been awful and that he would never be able to have a good time without her, but they both knew that that wasn’t the truth. Even if Mooney had no way of knowing how Sirius’ first week of school had been, she already knew him to be outgoing and social, so there was no way that it had been completely awful.
“‘Twas okay,” he said with a shrug, still a warm smile on his lips at seeing his best friend again. No matter how much fun Sirius had had with James this week, he knew that James would never be able to replace Mooney for him.
“I met the coolest guy,” he added, his grin growing wider as he did. He had been looking forward to telling Mooney about James, excited to share his new friendship with his best friend. “His name is James and he is so funny!”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 pm 

In that split second it felt like Moony had gone through the rafters, experiencing a sense of vertigo comparable to falling several feet to the ground. It made his grip tighten around the ladder poles, suddenly feeling off balance.
"Oh, yeah?" he choked, trying to come across as interested. In reality, it had made his heart drop. Sirius was brilliant and funny, and Moony had always known this part-time friendship could hardly entertin the boy for the entirety of the school year. He didn't doubt that Sirius made new friends with ease, and it knotted up Moony's throat with jealousy.
Not able to linger at the steps any longer, Moony climbed the ladder far enough so that the could turn and sit on the lip of the platform. Without looking at Sirius, he shoved a few fingers down his shoe, pretended to palm around for a pestering pebble.
"Is he new?" The questions were verging on curt, even despite the efforts Moony put into sounding happy on Sirius' behalf.
Not being able to attend Sirius' school had always been Moony's greatest jealousy, having often cried bitter, frustrated tears when his mother brushed the idea off as being so impossible that it didn't even merit a proper conversation. He felt that same pressure building in his chest, knowing this could very well be the moment Sirius simply outgrew their friendship.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next