All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:58 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sirius’ gesture hadn’t had the effect that he had hoped, and instead, now that they knew that they had his attention, his colleagues just motioned for him to come closer, desperate to know what was going on. It had been incredibly stupid for Sirius to bring Remus to his regular hang out like this, having known that the spotlight inevitably was going to be on them.
Trying to tune out the colleagues, Sirius returned his attention to the bar, his heart jumping in his chest as he saw Remus there. There was something extremely vulnerable about him standing alone at the bar, something that made Sirus’ heart ache and made him regret even more that he had brought him here.
His attention was once again diverted when a napkin collided with the back of his head.
“Who’s the cutie?” He heard an exaggerated whisper, not at tall discreet and Sirius feared that Remus was going to hear.
“No one. Shut up,” he answered, hoping to finally shut it down, at least for tonight.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:54 pm 

Remus had already dug a couple of note out of his coat pocket, change left over from the bar he had only just left before running into Sirius. It seemed to normalize the context, Remus finding himself relax into his stance. Here, with his back turned to everything but the never ending shelves of spirits, Remus could almost bear it.
When the bartender returned, Remus, however, didn't recognize the drink as Sirius'. Granted, Remus had been otherwise preoccupied when Sirius was first served, but just how bright it was, more so even compared to the (essentially) glass of water Remus had ordered for himself.
The surprise must have been evident enough in his expression, that the bartender moved to fill the silence.
"That one covers it," he said with a smile, gesturing at the tenner in Remus' hand.
Remus, willingly surrendering the note, pocketed the remaining fiver. Finding himself saying words he had truly never before uttered, Remus still heard himself say: "If there's change left over, you can keep it."
At that, the lads smile widened, lifting the note to eye level in a cheer. As Remus took a glass in each hand he, relieved, figured he hadn't sounded completely daft by offering a tip worth only a few pennies.
The smile Remus sent the bartender was shy but after an interaction that felt lifelong, there was finally a grin to the corner of his mouth. The tension in his shoulders finally seemed to dissipate, and, as he returned towards the booth, he finally appeared somewhat at ease.
Remus returned back into the interaction by placing both glasses onto the table. Then, he grinned.
"So you come here often," Remus stated boyishly as he, without further invitation, edged himself into the outer seat of the bench.
His eyes were on Sirius, and his statement was, above all, an uintentionally mirrored image of the way Sirius had seated himself, some time prior.
When there was a snicker somewhere behind them, Remus didn't connect the two things as being correlated.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:25 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Any semblance of composure that Sirius had managed to regain while Remus had went to get them drinks went immediately out of the window the second he returned to their table. It took everything in him to not outright giggle when Remus asked him if he came there often, no matter how juvenile and silly of a line it was. He really had no idea what made him so giddy around Remus and what it was about him that made him feel like a teen, but it was apparently just how it was.
“Clearly,” he stated as he accepted his drink. It was a very vibrant and fruity drink, but Sirius really couldn’t stomach more beer by now, so it wasn’t something he was ashamed of.
“You can’t possibly, I would have remembered a pretty face like that.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:51 pm 

Remus almost made a face at that response, every fiber of his being fighting to disagree with that statement. Remus was hardly pretty in his every day life, and even less so in this context in time, and yet, the way his heart skipped a beat managed to cut off any snarky reply he might have prepared.
"Clearly," Remus simply repeated, the airiness of his voice making it sound like a laugh. The corner of his mouth had tugged another bit upward.
As he had returned to the table, Remus had taken notice of the fact that Sirius had been watching him; it felt incredulous that anybody would have thought him for a regular. It made the easiness of the joke that much more earnest.
Remus paused, considering something, before continuing down a path Sirius might have been intent on deflecting from.
"You're here enough that the barlad knows your order," Remus added to his own prior statement. His voice was still easy, though the grin remained on his lips even when speaking.
Finally his eyes left Sirius', dipping to the drink in his hand with a gestured little nod.
Remus' smile, had once again widened, finding it dangerously easy slipping into a world of their own, back in the safety of the booth.
When Remus spoke, his infliction had barely changed.
"Tell me, what does a Sirius taste like?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:23 pm 

Sirius really did come to My Fair Lady a lot, both for work and just for hanging out, so it really did make perfect sense that the usual bartenders would know his drink order. Sometimes he switched it up, but he could only stomach so many beers and usually when he had been performing, or before he was performing, he preferred something sweet and sugary to keep him going.
However, Sirius didn’t get a chance to defend himself, before Remus had added a follow up question that made Sirius retreat having taken his very first sip. It was impossible for him to tell if Remus had meant his question as an innuendo or if it was an honest question.
Based on what little Sirius knew about Remus, he didn’t dare assume that it had been an innuendo, not wanting to accidentally mess up.
“Fruity?” He tried, feeling like his heart was in his throat and absolutely scolding himself for getting so terribly flustered from so little. “You can have a taste if you wanna?”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:45 pm 

Though Sirius' reply must undoubtedly have surprised Remus, little of it showed. His eyebrows lifted a fraction of an inch, and his smile seemed to change to something brighter, more humored.
As Sirius had spoken, Remus had inadvertently turned further towards Sirius, but it was the question that made him straighten his posture, better engaging in the conversation.
"Yeah, if you don't mind," he replied, and the slightly surprised disorientation finally showed with how ill-prepared the reply appeared to be. The smile remained, however, endlessly humored.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:07 pm 

Remus’ response really did nothing to sway Sirius’ opinion of the entire thing either way. Remus almost looked surprised by his response, so he was thinking that he might be misreading the entire situation and getting into a terrible mess with Remus.
However, he felt so lost and had no idea what to do and it was to no help for him that Remus seemed to find the entire situation amusing and was smiling at Sirius like that. It made his heart do somersaults in his chest, making it a little hard for him to breathe.
“Yeah, sure,” he said but made no motion to offer Remus the glass.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:28 pm 

It was clear they had talked themselves into a corner, yet Remus couldn't get himself to mind. Above all, the fumble was sweet, more boyish than any other interaction they'd yet to have. Because of that, Remus didn't shy away from the close proximity.
He thought he saw a moment of realisation in Sirius' eyes, a fear of having misinterpreted the teased question. It only made Remus' heart skip a beat. The thought that Sirius might regret having missed out on a kiss was endlessly thrilling to Remus.
"Thank you," he replied politely with a smile.
As Sirius hadn't offered Remus the drink, Remus had made no intention of prying it out of his grip. It left a pause, solidifying just how little interest Remus actually had in the drink itself. At no point had Remus' smile nor interest wavered. To Remus, Sirius was beyond captivating, especially in moments like these where Remus got to witness expressions for the first time.
"Do you mind if I kiss you instead?"
The question, however bold, was spoken gently, wanting to remove whatever doubt was visibly going through Sirius' mind. It was only at the addition that Remus' smile went crooked. "'would rather taste the source material, really."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:17 am 

The question made Sirius’ heart flip in his chest, endlessly thrilled that he hadn’t ****ing up entirely and instead had just made a minor fumble. It was clear to him that Remus had found his fumble endearing in some way and that served as a relief, even if it was also a little embarrassing to him.
“Please,” he muttered, knowing that he had to look a little pathetic and that his coworkers definitely were going to be on his ass about this, but he just couldn’t help it around Remus. There was just something so overwhelming about the way that Remus took charge and made him feel weak in his knees and like he would do anything for him.
“Please do,” he repeated, wanting to make sure that Remus had heard him and knew that he was okay with it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 am 

Remus was so out of his depth it was almost ridiculous. They were beyond any point of reasoning, having burned through any opportunity to pull back and reconsider what they were getting themselves into. Somewhere, in the far back of his mind, Remus feared he had accidentally made promises to Sirius he wouldn't be able to keep.
With Sirius looking at him like that, however, it was hard to help it. Sirius was stunning beyond comprehensions, more so his interest in Remus was beyond comprehension. Caught in the middle, Remus didn't know how long he would be able to keep up with Sirius; even more painfully so, Remus was well aware of the fact that Sirius could loose interest far before they ever reached that point.
It was the sound of Sirius' voice that quickly and entirely deafened any rational urge to step back. The muttered plead somehow, incredibly, confirmed that Sirius actually did want him, at least for now, and Remus was beyond pretending that he wouldn't give Sirius anything he'd ask for.
When Remus reached out for Sirius, his hand caught his shirt, catching a hold of the fabric as Remus finally and too readily met Sirius' lips in a kiss.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:36 pm 

The hesitation that Remus was showing made Sirius consider if it was actually a a bad idea what they were doing. He felt Remus’ hand on his shirt moments before he finally felt his lips on his, and all thoughts of hesitation was completely out of his mind. He leant readily into the kiss, unable to hide the desperation with which he wanted Remus.
His hands were still gripping his glass, but his grip loosened as he tried to get closer to Remus. He knew that his coworkers were all watching him like hawks, wanting to understand what was going on between him and Remus, but with Remus touching him like that and kissing him it was easy enough for Sirius to ignore.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:12 pm 

There really wasn't a way of getting around the intimacy of it all. It was the fleeting touches as they crossed an empty street, and the grins when Remus had fumbled with the keys to the street-level entrance door. Remus hadn't been able to help himself, and had kissed Sirius in the darkness of the entryway when they had slipped inside the building.
It was only when the old springs managed to slam the heavy door shut that Remus leaned out of the kiss. His hands lingered on Sirius' hips for another long moment, before taking a backwards step out of the proximity of the kiss.
It was clear in every single one of Remus' mannerism that he had relaxed into Sirius' company. He was grinning as he glanced back at Sirius, face flushed both with intoxication and what had almost started to feel like a permanent blush.
"Come on," Remus urged, pressing the light switch that turned on the lights in the stairwell, before climbing the first steps upwards.
Remus was once again struck with the intimacy of it all. It was painfully difficult remembering and distinguishing every single nuance of the nature of their relationship. Even though they were headed to their shared flat, it still felt like Remus was inviting Sirius home with him.
Once Remus reached the first landing, he had turned to look at Sirius, inattentively waiting for him to catch up. For a moment, Remus considered it, finding himself actually having to think about what was to happen once they reached the door to their flat.
"Don't loose your balance," Remus grinned, offering Sirius his hand for support. It was a poor attempt to convince himself that Sirius was drunk; that it wasn't a matter of whether or not Remus wanted to sleep with Sirius, it was simply irresponsible to even consider it an option.
"Can't drive you to the emergency room if you do."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:22 pm 

Sirius’ head hadn’t stopped spinning at any time during the evening and he knew that it wasn’t just due to the amount of alcohol in his system. Remus had kept touching him, kissing him, and just generally keeping him close the entire evening and it made Sirius feel so desired and he could hardly stand it.
Sirius had almost thought that he was about to combust as Remus kissed him in the entryway, making him feel more and more like he was being taken home to Remus for the night, even if they were very much on their way to their shared flat. It was something Sirius hadn’t done in many years, but it was a dance that he knew very well, so it felt extremely exciting to him. He honestly had no idea where the evening was going for him and Remus, but he definitely did know what he was hoping for.
“‘M not that drunk,” Sirius muttered, a goofy grin on his lips as he took Remus’ hand. It kept making him feel lightheaded and as if his heart was about to burst from his chest whenever Remus touched him or looked at him like that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:48 pm 

As his fingers made contact with Sirius' Remus grinned, boyishly, at the reestablished intimacy. Instead of urging the grip to urge Sirius further up the stairs, Remus himself remained stationary, instead only egging Sirius to move closer.
"Are you sure?" he challenged with a smile, only some degree of consideration for the neighbouring flats in the volume of his voice.
It was the early hours of the morning, and it wasn't unlikely that some tenants had stirred awake for early shifts. Remus could feel it in the way his exhaustion had started to suicide that he, too, would be up by then for the early shifts at work.
It must have been that realisation that made him lower his voice.
"Do you just taste that sweet?"
The comment as said in equal parts taunt and joke, the smile far less incriminating than the tone he took. Sirius had been right; his drink of choice had tasted sweet and fruity, and Remus had been able to taste it on Sirius' lip for the most part of the evening.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:04 pm 

Remus’ question made Sirius giggle. He knew that it was silly and juvenile, making Sirius feel giddy and boyish about the entire thing. He had had a lot of drinks and he knew that he was very far from sober, but he also knew that his reaction to a question like that had probably been the same no matter how much he had had to drink.
“I don’t know,” he said as he joined the same step as Remus, suddenly standing intoxicatingly close to his flatmate. He wasn’t done being touched nor touching Remus and he so wanted so much more from this.
He placed his hand on Remus’ hip, part to keep his balance and part because he just wanted to feel more grounded, wanting to make sure that Remus was actually still there with him.
“Why don’t you try it out?”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:17 pm 

The question made Remus' heart do a flip, heat pooling in the pit of his stomach the moment his heart resettled. Immediately, any feeling out doubt evaporating from Remus' consciousness, feeling like the questions he had been asking himself had been answered by the way Sirius was looking at him.
It made Remus smile widened, a different kind of interest visible in the way he looked at Sirius. Sirius' hand felt impossibly warm against his hips, even despite the layers of clothes between them, and yet he didn't move to reciprocate the touch.
"Okay," he agreed, a laugh seeping into his voice.
Instead of crossing the distance, Remus stepped out of the embrace, his grip around Sirius' hand still tight with intent.
With grinned glance across his shoulder, Remus tugged Sirius to follow him up the stairs. "Come on, then."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:35 pm 

Sirius’ heart fell a little in his chest when Remus stepped out of their embrace, fearing that he had messed it up by being too forward. However, when Remus still held on to his hand, dragging him upstairs and clearly on the way to their flat, Sirius’ heart flipped in his chest, his head spinning with the possibilities of what was about to happen.
“Alright,” he breathed, unsure why Remus always made him feel like a blushing teenager, but there really was just something about him. He knew in right that second that he would do whatever Remus asked him to do, just wanting to see him grin more and generally just to see Remus look at him like that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 pm 

Their flat was only a few flights up from where they had paused, and yet, in his intoxication, the stairs seemed to spiral for an eternity. The anxious knot in his stomach had partially dissolved, finally feeling at peace with the realization that he wanted Sirius, in whatever way was available. Having come to terms with that, the trip to the third story felt eternal, finally excited at what was awaiting them.
It was only when Remus reached their landing that his let go of Sirius' hand, instead moving to unlock the door to their appartment. The keys were still in his hand, and this time, Remus didn't fumble at the keyhole.
Only in the back of his mind was Remus aware of the fact that James was home and, judging from the darkness of their hallway, asleep. In any other context, it would have forced Remus to slow down and consider. In that moment, it only served to send a shiver of anticipation down Remus' spine as he yet again turned to face Sirius.
Remus was grinning when he reached out for Sirius', once again catching his hand to pull him closer and with him into the foyer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:03 pm 

Once Remus let go of his hand, Sirius felt at such a loss.
Was this too much? Were they being irresponsible? Sirius’ head was spinning with everything that had already been going on between them and yet he knew that he wanted so much more. He so wanted to just give in and he knew that if Remus asked him to do anything at all, he definitely would.
When the door was finally unlocked and Remus grabbed his hand again, grinning at him as if he was some price he had won, Sirius knew that he was lost. In the back of his mind, he knew that James was probably at home, but he also went to bed early, so the odds of him seeing them were slim to none.
Still, the risk of someone waking up and seeing them like this made Sirius’ head spin further, unsure what Remus was thinking of the entire thing yet also knowing that they were doing something and that was enough.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:14 pm 

Remus had barely closed the door behind them, before he had once again found Sirius in a starved kiss. His hand had abandoned Sirius', instead gripping Sirius' hips. At no point during their evening together had Remus felt like he had been holding back. Sirius had consistently pushed him further towards the line of what felt either comfortable or appropriate and it was hard even imagining that there was anything still left to explore.
It was, however, equally hard not to indulge darkness around them. For the first time, they were completely alone. Not even a stray passer by was there to witness the way Remus pushed Sirius against the plush layer of coats hanging in their entryway. It was far more intoxicating than Remus could ever have imagined.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next