All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:08 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"I tend to get lucky," Remus said, offhandedly, as left the apartment. He expected Sirius to follow suit, and didn't turn to check before he started going down the first flight of stairs. "Must be karma, making up for all the suffering I do at work."
The addition was spoken with a hint of a crooked grin, making it hard to read if the initial phrasing had been intended as being provocative or if it was just blind innocence. His gaze didn't linger on Sirius enough for there to be any sort of confirmation of either.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:16 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius couldn't help but grin at the comment, knowing that he was probably being very juvenile, but he simply refused to believe that Remus didn't know what he was saying. Sure, he did seem to be a lot more innocent than both Sirius and James, but there was simply no way he was that innocent.
"If it gets down to it, I can always make sure that you get lucky," Sirius said with a wink, assuming that Remus would tell him that he was too bold. He knew that he was pretty flirty and most people close to him didn't really mind that, but it was always a lot more difficult when he had to meet someone new. Luckily, Remus didn't seem to mind.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:03 am 

Remus snorted out a genuine, surprised laugh at Sirius' response. Sure, Remus had said the comment as a joke, but how insistingly and, almost more amazingly, how consistently Sirius would turn them around and return them as something which, rationally, should fluster Remus. Sirius was, however, so out of Remus' league he had no issue seeing right through the jokes.
"That's very charitable of you, Sirius," Remus grinned, the laugh still very audible in his voice. He had turned, and started walking down the last flight of stairs, glancing at Sirius over his shoulder with a crooked smile. "You private school kids are so polite."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:58 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

"That is the first thing we learn in private school, we should always try to help the less fortunate," Sirius said with a crooked grin, hoping that Remus would know that it was fully a joke and nothing but that. He knew that Remus didn't have a lot of money and that that wasn't always fun to have pointed out, but he just hoped that they would be at a point by now, where they would be able to joke about such things.
"That is why rich people host so many charities."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:57 pm 

Remus involuntarily grinned at that; Sirius' comment was unnecessarily harsh, and given any other context, Remus would not have hesitated in distancing himself from that conversation - yet, he found himself biting his bottom lip in an attempt to quench his smile.
"You're such a piece of ****," he responded, his voice airy but strained, in an obvious attempt to not let it show truly how much Remus was humored by the comment. It was only after having finished the insult Remus finally dared to meet Sirius' eye, afraid he wouldn't be able to keep a straight face if he attempted to deliver it facing Sirius.
"Charities are ego boosts and you know this," he added, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, before finally turning to open the front door and exiting the building.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:27 am 

"Oh yeah, I definitely know this," Sirius said with a crooked grin. He had attended several while growing up and he always knew that those people didn't give a damn about the charities they were supporting, it was all just for them to look a lot better than they were actually acting and he had never quite been able to stomach it. It had just further made it clear to him that he didn't fit in with his own family and had been another factor in his decision to move away.
"I have been to plenty and I hated them all," he said with a shrug, as he exited the building with Remus, having almost forgotten what they were actually on their way to do.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:24 pm 

"So we can't even blame your inflated ego on your charities, huh?" Remus challenged, as he matched his pace to Sirius', allowing them to walk aside of each other for the first time.
The laugh still lingered in his voice, taking much of the edge off of his words, as he glanced sideways to meet the other's eye. A hint of a smile was stil adorning Remus' lips. "I would have guessed that's where that started."

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:18 pm 

Sirius grinned at that, not minding being the butt of a joke, as long as Remus was the one telling it. He was used to having to make a fool of himself, mostly because he was still very keen to prove that he was nothing like his family. It was difficult to completely leave behind the life he lead before, but he felt like he was getting really close and that was honestly all he could hope to do.
"I think being the oldest born into an upper class family did that to me. I was ruined from birth," he added with a crooked grin.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 pm 

Remus just hummed at that, feeling like that could make sense, too. Remus had had little to no experience with upper class kids up until college, and even now it was hard to separate expectations from reality; while Remus could tell Sirius was raised differently than he was, he also didn't find Sirius to be that bad company.
"How horrible," Remus settled for, his voice flat but not unfriendly; it was, after all, hard to pity a child growing up with and to money.
The comparatively harsher comment was followed by a quick sideways glance, with a barely a hint of a smile, all intended to soften up his words, while not further engaging in the exchange.
With a nod to Sirius' right, a relieved smile finally flashed Remus' teeth. The dismantled bed frame was still resting against the same wall, Remus had passed on his way back from work. "It's still there."

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:55 pm 

"So you did get lucky today," Sirius said with a crooked grin, not minding the relatively harsh tone Remus keep using for him. He figured that Remus would be able to make it clear to him, if he actually meant any of the things he was saying; or at least if he meant them quite that harshly. Otherwise, Sirius probably wouldn't have agreed to help him out.
"So, how do we do this the best way?" He asked, wanting to know how Remus had been thinking that they went about this. It probably wasn't going to be that difficult, but they had to communicate properly, otherwise they could end up ruining the bedframe.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:30 pm 

The involuntary twitch in the corner of Remus' mouth effectively illustrated the fact that he had, in part, forgotten they had had that entire exchange. Being faced with his own, joking phrasing of the situation almost managed to crack him up.
"You sound surprised," Remus challenged, as nonchalantly as the peaking smile would allow him to. He was, after all, pretty sure he had told Sirius that that tended to happen. By the time Remus finally looked away, a grin had appeared onto his lips.
"Do you think you can carry the two sidepieces at once?" Remus shifted his position, moving closer to the wooden pieces leaning against the wall. He stepped over one of the long sidepieces, tipping the headboard to see the back side of it. "Worst case scenario we have to take a couple of trips, but I don't think anybody's gonna run off with half a bed."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:46 pm 

"I am a strong boy, I can handle most things," Sirius said with a crooked grin, as he grabbed the two pieces Remus was referring to. It was probably going to be somewhat of a struggle, but Sirius was used to handling heavier things, so he figured that it should be doable. He just wanted to help Remus as much as humanly possible. It was just a small thing he could do for Remus and he liked feeling useful.
"Can you handle the rest? I want to help as much as I can."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:51 am 

Remus just shook his head at that, moving in order to grab the two headboards at once. The bedframe was for a twin bed and the width of the pieces wasn’t going to be an issue to lift; carrying them up the flight of stairs might be awkward, he realized already, but there he could carry one at a time.
"I'll be fine," he answered, straightening his posture. For how, Remus was resting the two pieces on top of this foot, looking over at Sirius as a slight grin grew on his lips. "I'm not that weak."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:41 pm 

Sirius couldn't help but grin at that, mostly because that hadn't been what he meant by the question, but he figured that Remus knew that and was joking with him as well. Their friendship was developing slowly but surely and Sirius was trying to be patient about it.
"And you couldn't just let me feel like the big guy for once?" He asked with a crooked grin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:20 pm 

Sirius' comment brought a toothy grin to Remus' lips; the almost overbearing expression in Remus' eyes showed that the grin had appeared whether he liked or not.
"I have a feeling that people let you feel like the big guy a tad too often," he just commented, not willing to allow Sirius the satisfaction of making him smile with such an uninspired comment. "Someone's got to keep you in touch with reality."
The addition was spoken with a grin that was slightly wider and toothier than before; more honest. Not wanting either of them to linger further upon it, Remus nodded slightly before starting walking in the direction of their flat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:25 pm 

Sirius couldn't help but grin at the comment, enjoying the banter even if he was the target of it. In a weird way, he felt like Remus cared about him, simply because he wanted to joke around him. Remus just didn't strike him as the type to bother with people at all, unless he was even a little bit interested in them. It was something Sirius could respect.
"But Remus, you don't understand," he said with a crooked grin, unable to hide the fact that he was joking, as he moved after Remus back towards their flat. "I need constant attention and validation, otherwise I will die."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:52 pm 

Once more, Sirius' words made Remus genuinely snort out a laugh. The laugh was brief and bordering unexpected, but lingered around his lips in the form of a smile when Remus turned to meet Sirius' eye. "And you really think that I'm the right person to give you that?"
The harsh, challenging question was delivered in an almost uncharacteristically wide grin. Remus was, in the very back of his mind, aware of this, but tried not to put any further thought into how successful the other had been at making him laugh. "That can't be right, you mustn't have been paying attention to anything I've said so far."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:13 pm 

“I was hoping that I could make you change your mind,” Sirius said with a crooked grin, not too troubled by carrying the parts to the bed, at least not more than him still being able to kid around with Remus a bit.
“Once you experienced my natural charm I figured that you would fall for me,” he said with a crooked grin, mostly joking but he knew that most people did find him rather charming.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:08 am 

Remus had to turn away, laughing out a surprised oh at Sirius' comment. He was genuinely more caught of guard than flustered by the comment, and yet it took him a couple of paces before mustering an attempt on a retort.
"You have to let me know once you start being charming, then," he allowed himself to answer, well aware of how harsh it would inevitably sound. He turned his head slightly meeting Sirius' eye with a crooked smile. "- or else I might miss it."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:30 pm 

While still holding on to the pieces of the bed frame, Sirius attempted to clutch his chest. It wasn’t very elegant, but it was clear what he was attempting to do. It wasn’t actually hurtful what Remus had said, Sirius was very charming and he knew that a little too well for his own good, he just really liked being dramatic.
“Ouch, right in the pride,” he said in a slightly strained voice, partly out of a joking tone and partly from the carrying of two heavy pieces of bed frame. “Why much you hurt me this way? I thought we were becoming friends.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next