All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:52 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Remus was glad that Sirius laughed, finding that it managed to push away whatever awkwardness lingered around the conversation. Sirius was a new roommate, and despite Remus perpetual stress he really wanted to get along with Sirius. A small smile appeared on his lips, though it disappeared almost as quickly as it had appeared.
"Don't get your hopes up, I'm not vegetarian, this was just a lucky coincidence," Remus commented blankly, straightening his posture as Sirius moved closer. He pushed the door open as an invitation for Sirius to follow along, before once again disappearing out into the hallway.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:17 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius simply grinned at that, fully well knowing that they weren't that kind of flatmates. However, it was still nice to know that Remus thought to invite him for food now that he made too much. He would have to remember to reciprocate another time.
He followed Remus out to their kitchen, still probably looking quite a mess, but they were home so he couldn't really find it in himself to care all too much about that.
"Usually guys expect something in return for such lucky coincidences," he said with a crooked grin, having no idea if Remus even was swinging that way, but he felt that it was safe to make a joke about it. He allowed himself to give Remus a quick onceover, nothing lewd but just very clearly checking him out. "And let me just say, I wouldn't be opposed."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 am 

Sirius' comment made the hairs on Remus' neck stand, not having any idea how and what to read into such a statement. Remus was fairly certain James didn't know that he had previously dated a guy, so there was no reason to think that Sirius based his comment on that.
As he turned to eye the other, there was a brief moment where sheer surprise was painted on his features. It felt like Remus had turned just in time to witness Sirius' eyes return back onto Remus' face, and as an instinctive reaction, Remus glanced down at Sirius midriff, which now that he was standing upright, was frustratingly exposed.
"Opposed to returning the favor to me, or guys in general?" Remus asked as his eyes returned upwards, almost impressively straight-faced given by how flustered he had been by the comment and the look. The eye contact was however brief, because in a matter of moments, Remus had turned his eyes forward as he stepped into the kitchen and towards the stove. "Lucky coincidences shouldn't be considered favours worth returning."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:35 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius shrugged at that, having never really been bothered by the expectations by other guys, but he would still be even less opposed by having to return any kind of favour to Remus. However, Remus didn't seem to quite understand what he was going for, or maybe he was being coy on purpose. Sirius literally had no way to tell, but he was willing to take it as they went. It was a bad idea to directly go for a roommate after all, but Sirius still couldn't help but feel intrigued by Remus and just hope that he wasn't overstepping.
"I think you know exactly what I mean," he stated with a crooked grin, not really sure if Remus did know, but he liked to think that he did. "Anyway, you're better than most guys I have ever dated, so you can think about that for a hot second."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:58 pm 

Sirius was overwhelming, to say the least. On several occasions Remus had to fight the urge to cast surprised glances in Sirius' general direction, not even sure what he would do once looking at the other. There were no way Remus was in any way or form better than anybody in Sirius' league, and even the irrational fear of Sirius making fun of Remus felt uncomfortably possible.
So, instead of risking becoming the butt of the joke, Remus snorted out a laugh. "Careful you don't whore yourself out too cheaply - I'm sure you're worth more than a bowl of chili."
As a result of how on edge Remus felt by the conversation and the tone, the retort came out much harsher than initially expected, not feeling like they had established the tone in which they were comfortable addressing each other. Thankful for the kitchen layout, Remus turned to find a couple of plates all without having to face Sirius.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:22 pm 

The harsh choice of words took Sirius a little aback, but he hoped that Remus didn't mean it as harshly as he said it. It was pretty presumptuous for Sirius to basically be hitting on his roommate, but Sirius rarely ever thought about these kinds of things. It had caused him to getting his ass kicked quite a lot in the past, but Sirius was a stupid man and he never learnt. It had been the first thing he had done to James as well, but luckily James had taken nicely to it.
"I think a lot of people would disagree, but thanks for the vote of confidence," he stated with a crooked grin, trying to establish a joking tone between them. He hoped that Remus would go along with it and didn't find him entirely horrible. "And who knows. If it's a really good chili then I actually think that that chili is going to win this one."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:10 pm 

Remus wouldn't go as far as to say that he regretted having offered Sirius food, but he definitely found himself on the deep end of this conversation. He wasn't sure how to interpret Sirius' words, nor if Sirius interpreted Remus' responses the way they were intended - actually, Remus wasn't even sure what he had said up until this point.
"You better the judge of that, then," Remus attempted as he served a portion into a bowl, this time doing his best to avoid any of his tension to translate into his tone of voice. In reality, he didn't have any interest in Sirius judging anything about his cooking, but it felt rude to not even attempt to continue the conversation.
He turned to offer Sirius the plate of food, carefully attempting a friendly smile.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:42 pm 

Sirius accepted the plate with a warm smile, feeling very grateful for the food. He was happy that Remus didn't think him to be too much, at least not enough to not feed him anymore. It's great to know that Remus wasn't a complete square after all, seeing as that would make it very difficult for all of them to live together. It was just nice to know that he could still joke around a little with Remus, even if he was maybe being a bit more serious than he maybe should be.
"I bet it's great, even though it might not be any better than me," he said with a crooked grin, having fairly high thoughts about himself. "I mean, don't be discouraged by that. I am pretty damn great after all."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:56 pm 

For some reason that comment what was finally made Remus snort out a genuine laugh. The conversation had taken such unexpected twists and turns but for some reason unbeknownst to Remus, Sirius stating that he was better than Remus' chili was absolutely hilarious to him; and, it also made him read less into the statement that Remus was better than any other guys Sirius had dated.
"I never said I was a good cook," he felt the need to state, the laughter still apparent in his features, as it had manifested into a crooked smile.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm 

"Oh I am sure that you are an excellent cook," Sirius states with a warm smile, sitting down at the table in the kitchen instead of just standing with the plate in his hand like some kind of idiot. He quite liked Remus so far and getting him to laugh felt like a huge accomplishment. James had told him that Remus was a rather private person, not quite keen on sharing anything whatsoever about himself, so any progress at all Sirius made felt like a lot. The genuine laugh brought a huge smile on Sirius' lips, happy to hear him laugh.
"I am just a pretty great person too, so it's really hard to compare."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:51 pm 

Remus hummed at that, not wanting to give Sirius the satisfaction of agreeing with him out loud. In reality, Remus would probably be tempted to agree; Sirius seemed alright.
"Yeah, you've mentioned that," he just answered, some remains of his laugh still in his voice.
It was first upon seeing Sirius seat himself that Remus turned to serve himself a portion. While not against eating in his company, Remus hadn't expected the evening to gave progressed. Finally, Remus sat down in front of Sirius.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:46 pm 

Sirius was never shy to compliment himself, even if he knew that most people found it arrogant. It did seem like Remus was able to tell that he was joking though, which he enjoyed a lot. He couldn't deal with people people did not have a sense of humour, seeing as he didn't know how to take anything seriously.
"I feel like I have to, you don't know me that well yet, so I don't know if you're comfortable complimenting me," he stated with a crooked grin. He knew that he wasn't the greatest person on the planet, but he was bloody close and he didn't felt any issue with pointing that out. "Also, you don't know just how great I am yet."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:27 am 

Sirius' comment caught Remus mid-bite, making him come to terms with just humming out an answer. In fact, Remus didn't really mind not having to force out a response. Remus didn't mind the conversation, after all, he found it pretty funny, but he wasn't sure whether or not he was laughing at Sirius or with Sirius.
He finally swallowed his food, restlessly turning the bowl between his hands. Remus feels like he could probably think of things to compliment Sirius on, but Sirius isn't wrong when suggesting Remus wouldn't say them out loud.
"I have yet to experience that, yeah," Remus agrees, only barely hinting a smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:16 pm 

Sirius could only grin at that, happy to see that Remus wasn't entirely uncomfortable with his loud personality, even if he knew that it was a lot to take in. Sirius didn't really consider himself to be for the faint of heart, but he also wasn't interested in trying to tone it down in any way shape or form.
"It's okay. I am sure that you will get to experience me in all my grandeur soon enough," he said with a warm smile, finally turning his attention to his food. A meal for Sirius always took a long time if he was around with other people, mostly because he enjoyed talking a lot. The food was nice though, even if it was nothing special really. Still, it was nice for Remus to share his food with him. "This is a good chilli by the way."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:34 am 

"Thanks," Remus said, genuinely appreciating the compliment. Sure, it wasn't a great chili and Remus was well aware of that, but he appreciated Sirius' intentions.
Remus didn't find the dinner uncomfortably awkward as he silently took another forkful of chili, he just couldn't think of an appropriate topic to talk about. For the last couple of minutes, Sirius had been very busy complimenting himself and Remus had just let him; this was, however, not the easiest conversation to expand on. Remus' thoughts momentarily returned to Sirius having said that Remus was better than any other guy he dated but, though Remus desperately needed clarification, he knew it was too bold to bring it up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:35 pm 

Silence fell over the table, but Sirius didn't really know what to talk with Remus about. He did want to get to know his flatmate better, but he didn't have a lot to go on, so he had to sorta grasp at straws. What he did know was that it was nice to share a meal with someone, where there aren't any second thoughts behind it, at least he didn't think so.
"So, how exactly do you and James know each other?" He asked, feeling like that was as good a start of a conversation as any. "I mean, he probably told me, but I definitely also forgot again."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 pm 

"Um," Remus started not really sure where to go from there. His eyes remained lowered towards his bowl as he restlessly pushed some of the beans around on the plate. "I'm not sure I have a memorable answer to that, so it might not be entirely on you."
The comment was accompanied with a small grin as he glanced up at Sirius. Eventually feeling like he owed a proper answer, Remus let go of his fork and straightened his posture in order to better engage in the conversation. "We met at a team building kinda event during Fresher's week and we've just kept running into each other ever since."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:34 pm 

The answer honestly didn't come as a surprise to Sirius. James was just a friendly bloke who seemed to make friends no matter where he went, so naturally he had just bumped into Remus on campus and made friends with him. It wasn't very different from how Sirius met James, so it seemed to just be the way James made friends.
"Sure sounds like him, yeah," he said with a crooked grin. He had become really close with James really fast, so he couldn't help but feel a certain fondness towards the other, even if it was about something very silly. "It's nice though. He's a friendly bloke."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:50 pm 

Remus was well aware that he would probably find Sirius attractive in any and all contexts, but there was something particularly pleasant about Sirius when he was praising someone other than himself. He hadn't felt particularly bothered by the compliments, though, having guessed that Sirius probably was right in every single one of them.
Remus was unable to pin point the moment the smile had reappeared onto his features, but his answer was breathed with a smile nevertheless. "Yeah."
It took another couple of seconds for Remus to gather his thoughts. When he eventually continued, the smile had once again disappeared, only to be replaced with a genuine engaged look. "Did you say you started a degree at uni, before switching to mechanics? Or did I just not understand you properly?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:30 pm 

Sirius was surprised that Remus had actually picked up on that, seeing as he seemed quite detached from him and James. Not that Sirius could really blame him for that, they didn't need to be all touchy feely, just because they happened to share a flat. However, it was still nice to know that Remus was at least a little interested in what he was doing.
"That is very correct," he said with a soft smile, looking up at Remus as he was speaking to him. It was nice that Remus was interested in knowing a bit about his, seeing as they, hopefully, were going to be living together for quite some time.
"My mother dearest wanted me to become less of a family disappointment. I think I went to about one lecture before I started using the money she was sending me on partying and other such fun stuff. Needless to say, she was not pleased."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next