All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:57 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Though there was bound to be some consequences surrounding such an improvised move, the cheap rent seemed to outweigh the possible negatives; at least that had been Remus's thought process the afternoon he accepted without even visiting the apartment.
He knew James from school, and he was fairly sure the other considered them closer friends than Remus would personally have though. The offer to move into the vacant room in James's new apartment had therefore come as a surprise; but, nevertheless, Remus had taken Saturday off to move in, only 4 days after accepting.
The move went quick. Remus had previously been staying at a shared room on campus, which he had always found to be too expensive to be the right fit for his situation. The prospect of sharing an apartment with three others, two of them being complete strangers, felt daunting when he had previously struggled with sharing a room with one. But it was the three roommates who brought down the rent, and Remus had already decided that he valued cheap living over perfect roommates.
Now, as he stood in the doorway to his new room with the last of his few boxes in his arms, he felt like he might cry of sheer relief, as it fully dawned upon him that he was moving into a room of his own.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:48 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The chillness of James Potter had really been the savior for Sirius. As much as he liked never really being tied down, he really hated moving, especially from this place, which was close to the garage and was generally just a cool place to be living. Letting someone you barely know rent a spare room in your new apartment, solely because they lived there prior to you getting it, was a pretty ballsy move, but Sirius had nothing but gratitude for James' ballsy behaviour.
Not only did Sirius get to stay in his old room and at his old place, but he also got an amazing new roommate and friend out of it. Him and James had hit it off immediately after him moving in and by now it felt like they had been friends for years.
James had warned him that two other dudes would be moving in as well, but he hadn't really been warned about when or who. Or maybe he had and had just forgotten it already, or maybe he just didn't listen when James told him. They were both very likely explanations, but that didn't change the fact that he was faced by a lot of moving boxes in the hallway, leading to one of the two empty rooms. James wasn't home, so Sirius figured he could work on his own and introduce himself to his new roommate.
He took a look around the corner, looking into the room, and saw a tall, skinny, brown man standing in the doorway. Sirius figured that this was the new roommate.
"Hi there," he said with a broad grin. "I am certain that James have mentioned me, I am Sirius, your new roommate. I would shake your hand, but," he trailed off as he raised his hand, which was almost black with dried in grease.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:14 pm 

Remus hadn't expected company, but as he turned to place the voice, he reminded himself that that was to be expected when you shared a space. The voice turned out to belong to one of the most beautiful men Remus had ever seen in person, and though Remus was genuinely taken aback by it, the man had caught him in an emotional moment that his damp eyes seemed to disguise most part of his surprise.
"Remus," he offered, not wanting to acknowledge his own emotional state. He was worn thin between school and work, but it wasn't something he wished to address immediately.
"Don't worry about it, Sirius," he dismissed the half offer to shake his hand, as Remus himself shrugged to indicate that his hands were just as occupied. Hearing himself sound dull, he cleared his voice as he attempted again, with as much interest he could muster: "You're a friend of James?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:48 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius laughed at he question, not because it was a bad question, but because it was so hard to define how exactly to define the relationship between James and him. They hadn't known each other for long, but Sirius would most definitely define them as friends.
"I guess you could say that," he said with a shrug, figuring that if Remus was a friend of James he would understand how vague things could be with their roommate sometimes. At least, that was the impression Sirius had gotten through his short friendship with James, but James did seem like the type who acted very differently depending on who he interacted with.
"I lived here when James bought the place. He was kind enough to let me stay," he explained, not wanting to assume that James had given Remus the full story. It was only then Sirius took his time to really look at his new roommate and notice how he actually looked. Remus was very obviously mixed, with broad lips, tan skin and kinky hair. He was dark brown, yet very pale, making for an odd contrast. He as beautiful in a very odd sort of way and Sirius found himself intrigued by his new roommate. "How do you know James?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:39 am 

Logically, Remus knew he should be unsettled by James and Sirius' brief friendship, but after all, Sirius didn't become less of a stranger to Remus than he had been moments before.
"That sounds about right," Remus admitted, a soft smile appearing on his lips. It didn't seem out of character for James to invite the old tenant to stay in the apartment, and in reality, that was probably as good a way to find a flatmate as any.
"I, uh, know James from school," he eventually answered, turning away to finally let go of the box he had in his arms. It contained the miscellaneous trinkets left over by the initial round of controlled packing, and though it didn't weigh an uncomfortable amount, it felt like it added an element of awkwardness to the interaction. The box was placed on top of another, and as Remus once again turned towards Sirius, he pushed the sleeves of his sweater up to his elbow in an instinctive way to wipe his palms against something. "I take it you're elbow deep in mechanics?"
The comment was accompanied by a nod in the general direction of Sirius and his oiled up hands. Remus had, in all honesty, no sense of the range of courses his college offered, and if Sirius told him he attended school too, Remus wouldn't be surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:52 pm 

Sirius grinned at the question, again not because it was particularly funny, but mostly because Remus actually seemed interested in Sirius. It did make sense though, seeing as they were going to be living together and it was always nice to at least know a few things about your flatmates. It made living together more comfortable after all.
"Yeah, trying to become a mechanic. Though I bet my parents would rather I actually spent the money they're sending me on college classes, but what they don't know won't hurt him," he said with a cheeky wink. He knew that it probably sounded entitled, but he honestly couldn't bring himself to give a damn about his parents' money. They were sending them to him willingly and while they did specify that it had to go to school, then he figured that classes at the garage was some kind of school too, even if they were going to be furious if they knew.
"You going to college like James too? Whatcha studying?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:24 pm 

It was hard to relate to Sirius' narrative, and Remus greatly appreciated the fact that he wouldn't have to comment on it. He knew that James's parents paid for his school too, and that being around wealthy kids was just something he had to get used to. Remus himself came from a modest family, who were in no position to pay his entire tuition for a 5 year education program.
"Yeah," Remus eventually answered, as a smile once again reappeared. "I study chemistry, though, so James and I don't have much in common."
Actually, Remus wasn't particularly sure how exactly they had come across each other. Social relation had become such a blur, and if Remus had to guess, he'd say they had run into each other in some kind of social mixer.
"And then I work." The addition was spoken out of context with his train of thought, and when he once again seemed to focus on the man in front of him, Remus' managed to reciprocate the crooked grin. "A lot."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:24 pm 

Sirius nodded at that, fully well knowing that not everybody had rich parents who could pay their way through school. Sirius himself and James just happened to be two lucky bastards who had loaded parents. It was pure luck, really, and most of the time Sirius didn't really feel like he deserved to come from a wealthy family.
"Gotta pay that tuition somehow," he said with a shrug, admiring anyone who actually had the strength to work their way through college. Sirius knew with himself that if his parents weren't paying for it, he probably wouldn't be doing anything at all. He would probably still just be messing around with his guitar and whichever motorised vehicles he could get his hands on. Not that it was a lot different from what he was doing at the moment, but at least he had money to just mess around and not having to stress about some job.
"Anyway, I am going to leave you to it. You can just come grab me if you need help with anything. I swear I will wash my hands thoroughly before touching your things," he said with a quick wink, before he moved to his own room.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:17 pm 

Remus greatly appreciated Sirius' unprompted exit, and in that moment Remus decided that he liked the second of his roommates. He took a couple of moments to watch the empty doorframe, taking a second to consider what chore he could delegate to a mechanic, before eventually deciding that he could manage.
He took a step towards the door, closing it, before turning to unpack.

Once Remus closed the door, he didn't open it until 9 am the next morning. He had heard James come back a couple of hours after he closed it, but Remus had had no energy to spare to socialize on top of the move. In hindsight, avoiding his flatmates the first evening didn't make the first morning any easier, and Remus hoped he could make it out without much interaction. This, however, soon showed to be mislead.
Despite it being 9 am a Saturday, both James and Sirius were in the kitchenette. The sight took Remus by surprise, only getting to the doorframe before he considered if he should just leave.
James looked like he had been on a run, while Sirius could have just rolled out of bed, wearing nothing but bottoms. Remus, on the other hand, suddenly felt gross; he was wearing a long sleeved shirt underneath last shifts dirty, baby blue nursing home scrubs.
"Good morning," he said none the less, feeling like he had stared for so long that he was unable to back down from the interaction.
"Hiya, Remus, I think you were asleep when I got back," James commented with a friendly smile, once again turning to eye the frying pan on the stove. "Eggs?"
"Yeah, must have been -" Remus breathed, well aware that he hadn't been. "No thanks, I was just gonna get some coffee -"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:57 pm 

Having been living together for a while, Sirius and James had found themselves with a routine that involved eating breakfast together almost every single morning. They didn't always talk a lot, but they usually did, they were both fairly social people and enjoyed not being alone in the morning. James had made breakfast this morning, scrambled eggs being just about the only thing the man could cook for himself.
Seeing Remus enter the kitchen was a break from that routine, but not an unpleasant one. Sirius had never been a stickler for routines and Remus looked sorta endearing in his scrubs, getting ready for a day or, what Sirius assumed was, work. Remus did look tired, but Sirius figured that it was because it was his first night in a new place.
"Just made a pot, just treat yourself," Sirius stated with a soft smile, taking a sip from his own cup.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:58 am 

"Thanks," Remus said, sending a genuine smile in Sirius' direction. James had assured Remus that the kitchen would be fully stocked upon his arrival, something Remus greatly appreciated seeing as he owned no dishes or cutlery himself.
It took him two tries to find a cupboard with cups in it, before edging past James by the stove to move closer to the pot.
"Remus works at a nursing home," James offered as an unprompted explanation to the scrubs Remus was wearing; Remus himself had given it no thought, but the reminder made him snicker as he lowered his eyes to pour the coffee.
"Nothing like dementia patients stuck in the 20's to start off your day." The comment was muttered as he turned his back towards the counter and accompanied by a briefly visible grin, before he took a sip of the coffee.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:33 pm 

Sirius hummed at that as he took another sip from his coffee. Taking a moment to take in Remus, he could easily imagine the reaction of the older people at a nursery home to him. He didn't exactly pass for while in any way, shape or form and Sirius doubted that the elderly appreciated that very much.
"I bet that you are really popular," he said with a grin. Not that he doubted that Remus could do his job, but there was only so much you could do about people's attitudes. He knew that from working at the garage himself. People tended to look at him sorta odd, but the other guys knew that he could pull his own weight, so they never caused any trouble. At least not after he had proven himself to them.
"But, I guess as long as you enjoy it somewhat and it pays rent," he added with a shrug, knowing that most people didn't really have the luxury of being picky with those sorts of things. Rent had to be paid somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:45 am 

A laughing snort escaped Remus as a response to that comment as he was unable to find it humerus. Well aware of the fact that the laugh had come as a harsh reaction to a rather harmless statement, Remus glanced towards James to see if he had heard it too; Remus, however, quickly decided that James, too, was far too privileged to find Sirius' attitude funny.
"It pays the rent," Remus agreed, this time much softer with a gentle smile on his lips. Remus did not enjoy his job in any way, but his guidance counsellor at school had, if you're getting a job anyway, urged him to get some career relevant job experience; something that was a narrow field as a chemistry student yet to graduate.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:34 pm 

Sirius nodded at that, knowing that most people do work jobs that they don't enjoy simply to be able to pay rent. He was lucky that he wouldn't have to work if he didn't want to, but he had been fortunate enough to actually find a job he enjoyed. He sipped his coffee, wincing as he does, because he had forgotten that it still was very hot. Dumb.
"And hooray for that. Another day of staying alive," he says with a crooked grin, talking a little funnily due to his burnt tongue, but it probably wasn't too noticeable. At least he didn't hope so, seeing as he didn't want to look like a complete wanker in front of his new roomies.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:57 pm 

Yet again, Remus wasn't sure what to respond to that, which in turn ment he for a moment just blankly looked at the young man in front of him. Though he didn't make a comment out loud regarding it, Remus was certain Sirius was doing better than just surviving.
"Careful you don't choke, then," Remus instead muttered across the rim of his cup, as he drank the last sip. Though the comment was genuinely meant as a joke, there really wasn't much in Remus's tone of voice to support that.
Instead, he didn't allow himself or the others to linger on that. As soon as his lips parted with the porcelain cup, he turned to place it behind himself on the counter.
"You don't have to clean it, I'll reuse it when I get home," he said into the kitchen, without looking at any of his roommates as he spoke. In actuality, he didn't know if any of the two would have actually cleaned it for him. "I'm heading off, you two enjoy your day."
Finally, his words were accompanied by an almost shy smile, before turning and disappearing out of the narrow kitchen. Moments later, the rustling sound of a jacket and shoes being put on were heard, followed by the click of the front door.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 pm 

Sirius snorted at the comment. Despite the harsh tone, he figured that Remus was joking, otherwise he was just a right wanker and Sirius doubted that James would want to be friends with a dude who was a complete wanker always.
Sirius hadn't really been doing much all day. He considered for a moment to actually clean the kitchen, but then he realised that he was a lazy man and didn't wanna do it. So in the end he only cleaned a pan to make some eggs to get a late lunch. He wasn't a super creative chef, but he did know how to put cheese on his eggs without them burning and he personally considered that to be a win.
His hair was tied up in a loose bun, several loose strands of hair was falling down his neck and in his face, but he didn't feel like he could be bothered to do anything about it. It seemed easier to just let them be while he worked on cooking his eggs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:22 pm 

Work had been an uphill climb. It being a Saturday morning, there had been many visiting family members, which both meant more work and more people Remus had to smile and tend to. Weekends were always the most pristine and perfect days at the nursing home, and yet Remus had dragged himself to the grocery store while sporting a yet to be identified but darkening stain on his shirt.
It had therefore become the late afternoon before Remus managed to get back to the apartment, carrying a couple of bags filled with a weeks worth of discounted groceries. Upon entering the front hall, Remus carelessly let go of the heavy bags, the sound of aluminum cans hitting the floor revealing their content.
"Anybody home?" Remus called, rather pointlessly, as he leaned down to undo the laces in his work shoes, all while leaning one shoulder against the nearest wall.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:02 pm 

"In the kitchen," Sirius called out when he heard Remus coming home. He didn't look up from what he was doing, not wanting to accidentally end up with burnt eggs just because he had to look at his roommate coming home. He removed the pan from the heat as he got a plate from the cupboard. He brushed a stray strand of hair away from his face before transferring his eggs to his plate and finally turned to look at the door, where he assumed that Remus would appear soon.
He leaned against the counter, grabbing a fork from the drawer, not wanting to bother with sitting down on an actual chair just for eating some eggs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 pm 

While still fiddling with the laces of his shoe, Remus leaned forward in order to peer into the kitchen. Though the sight caught him in a rather uncomfortable position, Remus' eyes couldn't help but linger for a silent moment. Sirius looked absolutely breathtaking in the most homely way possible.
"Hi," Remus eventually croaked, his voice getting stuck in his throat after having spent a day uttering very few words. A delayed smile eventually appeared onto his lips before straightening his posture in order to kick off his own shoes in the entryway. "You're home alone?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:26 am 

Sirius hummed at Remus' question, having just stuffed a large forkful of eggs into his mouth. James being out of the apartment was not really that unusual, seeing as he was a social guy who usually had places to be and people to see. This had always been working in Sirius' favour, seeing as he enjoyed some alone time when he wasn't at the garage. Not that he minded being around his flatmates, but everybody needs some alone time.
"Yeah, I think he was meeting with his study group. Said he'd be out late and not to wait up for him," Sirius states with a crooked grin, seeing as those were the exact words James had said to him when he left earlier that morning. "So you have me to yourself all evening."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next