All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:09 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"No, I know," Remus breathed, not sure what to do of himself, continously glancing over at his hand on the doorframe. Rationally, Remus knew that Sirius had put little to no effort into screwing together the bedframe, but Remus could still feel the gratitude ball up in his throat threatening to make him tear up. "Still means a lot, though."
Finally, Remus turned to meet Sirius eyes and eventually, a proper smile lit up hia features. "Thank you, Sirius."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:35 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius already found Remus attractive, but to see such a genuine smile touch his face nearly blew his mind. Remus wasn’t conventionally attractive by any means, but to see him smile like that would make anyone fall in love with him; at least that was what Sirius was convinced about.
He had been so busy being distracted by Remus’ smile that he was a little flustered by the time he got around to actually answer. “Any time.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 pm 

Remus just nodded at that, his smile dulling slightly over the course of the following silence as he considered how to end the exchange.
"Anyway," he ended up breathing, finding it to be among the poorest transition possible. He straightened his posture slightly, glancing off into the room. "Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it, but I better get back to reading."
Remus eyes eventually returned to Sirius, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "Hopefully I can start repaying you in chili once I hand in my paper."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:40 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

A warm smile appeared on Sirius’s lips, glad to know that he hadn’t overstepped and that Remus actually was thankful for his help. He did want to get a proper relationship with his flat mate after all and this seemed like a good place to start.
“I would like that, though you shouldn’t feel pressured to do so,” he said with a warm smile. “Now go get smart.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:03 pm 

Remus couldn't remember the feeling of not having an impending deadline hanging over his head. It was half past 2pm on a Thursday and he wouldn't have class nor homework to do before the following Monday; as he opened the door to the apartment, he was grinning from ear to ear.
"Mate, we did it!" James called from within the apartment, evidently not needing the confirmation that it had been Remus arriving. James' deadline had been at 2, too, but the technical campus was considerably closer to the science buildings. The comment only made Remus smile wider, unraveling his scarf as he ventured inwards towards the living room.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:50 pm 

Sirius was in the living room together with James. They had been waiting for Remus to get home, so that they could convince him to go out with them.
It had been Sirius’ idea mostly, but James hadn’t been much opposed to it. Their exams had been brutal this semester, something Sirius had noted that they said every semester, so they could probably both need to kick back nad relax for a bit.
“Congrats on your temporary freedom,” Sirius said with a wide grin, happy for both of his flat mates.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 am 

Remus couldn't keep a dumb grin off his face, making an almost helpless gesture to underline the fact that, while he had left with the paper, he had returned empty handed.
"I've forgotten what it feels like," he sighed,; as he did, he could almost feel the weight being lifted off his shoulders. Finding himself confronted by the fact that he no longer had any plans for the evening, he allowed himself to linger in the livingroom. He started unbuttoning his coat. "How'd it go, James?"
"Oh, it was madness," James answered off-handedly, as was it already ancient history. "A hundred kids all trying to hand in tiny, fragile model houses? In this weather? Absolute chaos."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 pm 

Hearing James and Remus talking about the hell that was their exams just made Sirius appreciate the fact that he never went with the entire school business. Sure, it seemed like both of his flat mates mostly enjoyed their studies, but Sirius knew that he would never be able to handle that.
“James and I have decided that we have to celebrate that you are both free men now,” Sirius said with a warm grin. He didn’t know if Remus was much of a partying type, but he figured that one night wouldn’t harm anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm 

"Oh?" Remus asked, draping his jacket over the back on an empty arm chair. Remus' voice was breathy with a laugh and surprise but seemed, over all, intrigued by the suggestion; at least enough for him to willingly play along with it. "Celebrate our freedom how?"
The question was spoken with an unintentional cocking of an eyebrow, as Remus placed both hands on the backrest of the chair, leaning in a little. There was a hint of a challenge in his posture and a hint of a smile on his lips, genuinely interested in what type of celebration Sirius thought Remus would agree to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:36 am 

“A new bar just opened down the street,” James said before Sirius had even had the chance to open his mouth, something very rare for someone as mouthy as Sirius. It was probably for the better though, seeing as odds were that Sirius would manage to scare Remus completely out of going with them.
“The owners are not white and it seems like a cool place. We gotta support,” Sirius added with a mischievous grin, obviously thinking that it was the best idea in the whole world.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:21 pm 

Remus had expected something in the likes of that, and had prepared an answer practically before James had finished the sentence; however, Sirius continued where James ended the sentence, managing to push Remus' answer further.
"I'm not much of a drinker," he said, but the tone had changed. While he had wanted it to be a definitive no to James' comment, Remus heard to come out as an apologetically and careful yes to Sirius. The smile remained on his lips, though. "But don't let that stop you guys."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:27 pm 

“You don’t have to drink,” Sirius was quick to interject, not wanting to let Remus off that easily. He really wanted to get to spend some more time with his other flatmate, preferably alone, but this would work out just fine as well. He would really like to see Remus a bit more relaxed and not as uptight and this was the perfect opportunity for that.
“I swear, it wont be late. I have lunch with my mum tomorrow,” James swore, clearly wanting to get his flat mates together as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:52 pm 

It wasn't that Remus got the feeling of being cornered as much as it was a realisation of the fact that the course of his evening had already been decided for him.
He spent a moment just looking at his two flatmates, looking for any sign of there being a possibility of getting out of this. Not immediately finding any, Remus glanced away at his wristwatch.
"Sure, alright," he ended up saying, his voice reflecting acceptance rather than defeat. He turned to once again look at the two others. "When d'you have in mind?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:40 pm 

Sirius was elated that it didnt take more than that to convince Remus to go out with himself and James. He knew that he and James would’ve had a good time without Remus, but he really wanted them all to hang out together and have a good time together.
“We were thinking of leaving at around 8,” James stated, leaving all of them time to get ready and maybe grab a bite to eat before going out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:26 pm 

Remus had no clear idea of why he had even asked; he had no plans for the evening, and in reality, it didn't really matter much to him at what time they left.
"That sounds good," he answered despite not sounding particularly impressed by the prospect of spending an evening in what had bough to be a closely packed bar. "8, then."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:30 pm 

_____
The bar was loud and while not too stuffed with people, still pretty damn crowded. The three boys had been lucky enough to secure themselves a table and had already had plenty of beers to keep themselves entertained. Even Remus had had a chance to drink and it was clear that he drank less often than both Sirius and James did. They did make sure to keep an eye on him though, not wanting him to accidentally get ill.
“Alright,” Sirius stated, already finding the place stuffy and hot and himself in real need of a break from it all.
“I am going to go out and smoke for a bit,” he said as he got up from his chair, not wanting to delay it too much further. He could really use a cigarette. “Anyone who wants to join can join.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:36 pm 

When Remus had said he wasn't much of a drinker he ment it in the most literal sense of the word. The stance against alcohol wasn't moral but purely practical. Remus was very aware of the fact that he had no tolerance for alcohol, and going out with James and Sirius only seemed to prove how out of practice Remus was.
Over the course of the evening, Remus had had three pints, all of which seemed to hit him at once. Therefore, Sirius invitation to step out came just in time.
"I'll go," Remus said, clumsily standing up; the chair caught on something behind him, Remus having to edge out from the table. Once on his feet, he finally realized just how much the room was spinning around him. "I need some air."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:02 pm 

Sirius was pleased, but also surprised, to have Remus join him for a smoke. He had noticed how poorly Remus seemed to be handling his alcohol, so maybe a breath of fresh air would do good for him. Sirius didnt want him to get hurt after all.
“Alright, James! Guard the table with your life,” Sirius said with a soft smile, as he looped his fingers around Remus’ wrist to pull him outside. He mostly meant it as a measure to not lose Remus in the crowd, but he almost liked the touch, no matter how brief.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:45 pm 

The sudden touch felt electric, making Remus gasp; Remus felt like he was pulled forward through time and space, for a moment being caught up with reality. It was, however, only moments later that reality started to slip round him.
Wanting to maintain a grip around reality, Remus turned his hand under Sirius' grip, turning is palm upwards, reaching out to grab Sirius' wrist too. His moments slowed, Remus instead managed to catch a hold of one of Sirius' bracelets with his index finder; that, however, seemed like plenty, feeling both comforted by the way the thin bracelet dug into the joint of his finger, and the feeling of Sirius' inner wrist as he stumbled through the crowd after the other.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:37 pm 

It wasn’t a long trip through the bar and Sirius couldn’t help but breathe a sigh of relief once he got outside. Sure, he did enjoy the occasional visit to a local bar, but he also foun them to get stuffy very quickly and thus he usually took his cigarette break outdoors.
He let go of Remus’ wrist, figuring that the other didn’t appreciate the touch that much, as he dug his cigarettes out of his jean pocket. The pack was pretty flat, clearly living in the back pocket of Sirius’ jeans most of the time, yet he managed to pull two non-damaged cigarettes out of it with relative ease.
“Fag?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next