All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:18 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was only when James responded to his statement, even if he didn’t comment much on it, that Sirius realised that it had probably been a bit too cocky. Even if it wasn’t something he hid about himself, he knew that it wasn’t something that he had explicitly told James and that was a risk.
All in all, Sirius felt blessed that James seemed to be very easygoing about the entire thing, or had just been blind enough to pick up on it.
“Well, then we are going to be a great match,” Sirius added with a grin and a soft shake of his head.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:45 pm 

James sat comfortably across Sirius' bed, shoulder blades barely resting against the wall behind him. He was chewing the bite of pizza still in his hand as he carefully looked around Sirius' room.
The move had been easy, nothing else than James' drawing table really needing to man to carry it; the beers had gone down just as easily. Whatever was going through James' mind, he seemed in a good mood, his foot tipping as if in time with a melody.
"I love your room," James eventually breathed, some pizza still muffling his speech. The room was cluttered in the best way, but behind the posters the walls were freshly painted and the wood floors recently sanded. "I get why you'd want to stay."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:49 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

There was a certain intimate calm over how he and James were sitting on his bed. Sirius knew better than to try and think too much of it, the two of the having just moved all of James’ belongings, even if they had been few.
“Yeah, I really like it here,” Sirius said with a wistful smile, as he leaned over to grab another slice of pizza. It was nice just to hang out with a guy like James like this. It was clear that James didn’t expect too much and just wanted to chill and that was exactly the kind of friendship Sirius could deal with. “Think it’s gonna be way better now.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:09 pm 

Having eaten down to the crust, James thoughtlessly flipped the dry piece of bread between his fingers. He had tipped his head to meet Sirius' eye, trying to read from his expression what he hadn't been able to hear in his voice.
"Why?" he asked when he failed to judge the intent of the comment, an grin easily spreading across his lips. James found that his thoughts muddled, but even sober, James wouldn't have known to look for the compliment. "Not a big fan of your old flatmates?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:10 pm 

Sirius simply shrugged at the question, even if it was a fairly reasonable one. There had never been any bad blood between Sirius and his former flatmates, but he had never had any kind of good relationship with the either. They had mostly just been strangers who happened to share a home and Sirius could already tell that that wasn’t going to be the case with James.
“Never really knew ‘em,” he stated with a shrug, taking a sip from the open beer that he had placed in his window sill, feeling calm and at ease with the world. “Reckon I’ll like you better.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:47 pm 

Surprised by the quick judge of character, James couldn't help but let out a surprised snort, a breath short of being a laugh.
"Flattery," he dismissed, stretching his free arm to smack whatever of Sirius was within reach; the back of his hand lazily slapped Sirius' arm.
"You've signed the contract, you can drop the act," James went on, the grin appearing on his lips as he took a dry bite of the crust, still smiling as he bit down on it.
His eyes left Sirius as he chewed, though he had yet so swallow the bite before he made a gesture at his slumped over form.
"You've already gotten be into bed," he reiterated with a chuckle, food still in his mouth, as if to say he was the epitomy of beauty and seduction. "Crumbs and all."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:02 pm 

Sirius didn’t know if it was an attempt on a line, and if it was it was a bad line, yet he couldn’t help but find himself getting a little flustered. He had already gotten to spend a lot more time together with James as compared to the time he had spent with his former flatmates, and he was also enjoying it a lot more than whatever little time he got to spend with his old flatmates.
“Maybe that’s my type, did you ever think about that,” he said with a crooked grin, figuring that he could just as well hand himself over like that. At least if he was joking with it, he had plausible deniability later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:50 am 

"Crummy?" James replied, once again turning his head to meet Sirius' eye. The way the corner of his mouth quirked made it clear that he found the reply to be witty, appearing well pleased with himself.
Still smiling, James ducked his gaze, shifting so that he could exchange the last dry piece of the crust for his abandoned beer.
"Or a bloke?"
The question was spoken not looking at Sirius, taking some of the inevitable intimacy off the question. James' voice hadn't wavered, probably too casual for the context, but it wasn't like he cared a whole lot. Mostly, James just wanted in on the joke, having come to realize just how often Sirius had made similar remarks that all had caught James off guard.
When James slumped back against the wall, eyes returning to Sirius as he took a drink, there was nothing unkind about his expression. James sat just as relaxed as he had before, though the smile had softened to a ghosting. Then, a moment later, his smile widened.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:11 pm 

Just how easily James had seen through him took Sirius completely aback.
Even if it wasn’t something that he tried to hide too much, he still felt uneasy whenever someone brought it up, without him knowing how they felt about it. Sure, James seemed like a nice enough bloke, but he was also a trust fund kid and Sirius really had no way of knowing how he was going to react to the fact that he had just moved in with a gay man.
“Would it bother you?” He asked, glancing over at James at times, but not feeling ready to look at him properly. He saw enough to realise that James was smiling like he usually was, but it was still not enough to give Sirius proper peace of mind.
“If my type is blokes?” He elaborated, even if he figured that it was pretty clear what he was talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:06 am 

"No," James replied, not missing a beat. The way his voice cracked made him sound surprised that Sirius would even need that clarification, the soft furrowing of his brow making him seem almost appalled at the assumption. "Not at all, mate."
The knowledge that Sirius was into blokes - whether that being also or exclusively - didn't change anything to James other than clarification, and a greater sense of insight when Sirius toed around a joke he couldn't quite land. It wouldn't be far from the truth to say that James wanted to befriend Sirius, eager to share that kind of comradery that this kind of knowledge seemed to warrant.
"I think it's great," he reassured after a moments of pause, his features having softened once more. A smile was once again appearing, growing wider as James got to process Sirius' immediate hesitation. "I do."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:07 pm 

It was with no small sense of relief that Sirius heard the answer. Based on what little he did know about James, he hadn’t really expected a different answer, but you could never be completely certain with things like this.
The addition that James even found it to be great sent a shiver down Sirius’ spine, feeling uncertain about how to feel about that. It seemed unlikely, but maybe there was a slightly possibility that James fancied him as well, though it seemed too much to ask, after having already asked his first question.
“Then yes,” he said, smile uncharacteristically shy as he did.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:29 pm 

As soon as Sirius offered him a smile, small as it might be, James' own widened. There was something reassuring about that little moment of intimacy, setting a tone for their relationship going forward. While they had spent a considerable amount of time together leading up to James' move, it still felt like a detrimental moment in marking the distinction between flat mates and friends.
Grinning, James offered Sirius his bottle, neck titled toward the other as to invite a cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:28 am 

It was with a much greater sense of ease that Sirius clinked his bottle with James’, a warm and relaxed smile on his face as he did. He had already thought that it was going to be pleasant to live together with James, but now he felt much more at ease about it.
“Cheers, mate,” he said with a warm smile, before taking a long drag from his beer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23