All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:58 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Both Lily and Remus nodded at that, seemingly both silently weighing whether or not that was as bad a name as Sirius' own. Lily's considerations appeared to be cut short by a third option, while Remus was considering whether or not the shorter Reg was fitting for Sirius' brother.
"I still think yours is worse," she said, surprisingly looking at Remus as she spoke. At that, Remus straightened his posture another little bit.
"You and your sister are both named after flowers," he countered. Inadvertedly, Remus glanced over at Sirius, a grin peaking forth.
"Don't make it sound like that's not perfectly normal, dog boy," Lily grinned. "Your entire name's effed."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:02 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The mention of the rest of Remus’ name struck Sirius sorta dumb, making him realise that he had absolutely no idea what Remus was named other than just that. It had never really been relevant to the kind of relationship they had, but now he was definitely curious about it.
“Wait, just how bad is it? What can possibly match the oddness of Remus?” He asked with a teasing glint in his eye, figuring that Remus wouldn’t take offence to him teasing him about his name.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:23 pm 

Sirius' confession visibly sent both Remus and Lily out of their train of thought, having to take a moment to piece together what Sirius had meant by that. It was Remus who first put two and two together, and the way his smile widened with pleasant surprise, one would not think he was ever going to tell Sirius anything.
"It really takes the punch out of your insult when you don't even know the surname of the flatmate you're insulting," Remus countered, more outward showing humoured than ever. As if it to make a point, he added with a grin, "Sirius Black."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:23 pm 

Sirius' confession visibly sent both Remus and Lily out of their train of thought, having to take a moment to piece together what Sirius had meant by that. It was Remus who first put two and two together, and the way his smile widened with pleasant surprise, one would not think he was ever going to tell Sirius anything.
"It really takes the punch out of your insult when you don't even know the surname of the flatmate you're insulting," Remus countered, more outward showing humoured than ever. As if it to make a point, he added with a grin, "Sirius Black."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:38 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius was caught.
There really was no denying that he had no clue what Remus’ last name was. In his defence, his name was on the mailbox and also the door, so it would be fairly easy for Remus to figure out Sirius’ full name; Sirius had no such luxury.
“Oh shut up. My name is on the door. Your’s isn’t,” he stated with a roll of his eyes, a gesture that was undermined by the crooked grin on his lips. “Come on then. Enlighten me. What’s your last name, dearest Remus?”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:16 am 

The smile remained on Remus' lips as he casually cocked his head to one side with an almost visible consideration. His eyes had narrowed, trying to think back at their exchanges. It didn't take long before his smile widened another fraction of an inch.
"Then you haven't been paying attention," he said, almost certain Lily had only recently addressed him by his surname.
Lily, on the other hand, had enough foresight to realize Remus wasn't easily letting Sirius off the hook. Feeling like the most merciful thing to do was to put the man out of his sufferings. Tucking her legs under herself, she poured herself the last half glass of wine left. "His name is Remus Lupin."
Remus' smile had softened at that, though it still remained present. "My father's name is Lyall," he added, the tease having gone out of his voice to instead be replaced by a humoured airiness, having always felt like that was the true punchline of the joke.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:12 pm 

Sirius felt blessed by Lily letting him in on the secret. He knew enough about Remus to know that he would have loved playing with him for a bit longer, and probably for good reason, so he greatly appreciated that it got cut short.
“Wow, your parents really wanted you to be like a wolf, huh?” Sirius asked with a crooked grin, knowing that that was a low blow, but with a name like Sirius you sorta just got to know the origin of names; solely for the purpose of dragging other people for their stupid ass names.
“But if we wanna go with parents having ridiculous names, I will have you know that my dad is named Orion and my mum is Walburga.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:24 pm 

Remus let out a small sure at that, finally allowing himself to untangle himself, stretching his legs in front of him, his shins dangling off the side of his twin side bed.
Leaning against the wall behind him, Remus reached out for his neglected glass of wine, abandoned on his windowsill.
"Did your parents have high hopes for you to become a star?" Remus countered, having enough astronomy knowledge to recognize Sirius' two generation star names.
His eyes returned to Sirius, eyeing over the rim of his wine filled glass. Raising his eyebrows, Remus added: "or is that a high society thing? Is your grandfather named Polaris?"
"You're rich, Sirius?" Lily asked, no shame to her voice as she, in turn, leaned back on her hands, turning to look him over once more.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:03 pm 

“I am the star of this flat and you know it,” Sirius countered, his grin stupid and boyish as he said so. It was obvious that he knew that it was a poor comeback, yet it was also obvious that he had not been able to help himself but to say it.
Lily’s question surprised him. Not because he couldn’t see why she would make that assumption, but more because most people weren’t blunt enough to ask so directly. He had had many a conversation with people trying to sneak it out of him, which had only made him better at avoiding the answer.
“You don’t really become rich on a mechanic’s pay, if that’s what you’re wondering.” He took a sip from his wine, grin still on his face. “I bet that you would do better by staying in school.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:50 pm 

Clearly dissatisfied by that answer, Lily glanced at Remus in search for a better one.
Meeting his eye across the rim of Remus' glass as he took a sip of his wine, Remus just nodded, squinting his eyes as to further confirm her assumptions. Very.
With that new information, Lily's attention once again fell onto Sirius. Her grin had gotten crooked, and though she didn't dig further into the matter, she was looking at him differently.
"I wasn't," she just answered, huffed out in half a laugh. She, however, let that be that. Instead, she once again looked at Remus. "I still think Remus Lupin is worse than Sirius Black, but Walburga itself is by far the worst one of the lot."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:22 pm 

“And the name perfectly matches the woman, trust me on this,” Sirius stated before emptying his glass, talking about his mother always seemed to have that effect on him. It also didn’t help that Lily and Remus seemed to have come to an agreement that Sirius was indeed rich.
Sure, it was the truth that he came from money, but he did what he could to separate himself from that and he did not want to be viewed like that.
“None of us are a James Potter though. A truly mediocre white boy name.”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:55 am 

Remus was mid conversation when stopped himself, something having caught his attention. It was Thursday night, and along with Lily and some of their college mates just excited their regular after hour café when it had called for last round. They had barely walked 10 steps when Remus thought he saw Sirius smoking outside a pub across the street.
Without even giving himself a moment to consider it, Remus excused himself from his company, to quickly cross the street towards the other.
Made bold by the intoxication, Remus reached out for Sirius' side, in one continuous dragging his hand across the small of Sirius' back as he circled him. "Hi, Sirius."
When finally Remus was in a position to meet Sirius' eye, his hands had already left his figure. Remus' expression was bright and flushed and for once, he transparently and shamelessly seemed happy to see Sirius.
"I didn't know you were going out tonight," he said, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jacket.
Though the tension between them had considerably subsided over the course of the last few days, they were, realistically, not in a place where Sirius would have told him. Regardless, and in spite of his own words, Remus seemed pleasantly surprised by the revelation. Without moving his eyes off of Sirius to confirm his statement, he asked an, "Are you here alone?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:27 pm 

Sirius had decided to take a break from the stuffy sports bar he was attending with his coworkers, deciding to take his cigarette break outside rather than filling the small bar with even more smoke. He had been completely in his own thoughts when he suddenly felt a hand drag across his lower back and was about to tell whoever it was to odd off, when a very familiar voiceg greeted him, making a shiver run down his back.
“Hello Remus,” he greeted, before blowing out a huff of smoke.
The tension between himself and Remus had gotten slightly better over the past couple of weeks, but Sirius still kept his distance, not wanting to overstep or acccidentally cross any boundaries.
“It was kind of a last minute decision,” he stated with a shrug, looking up at Remus and feeling at a complete loss of what to do with all of this attention from his flatmate. Their conversations had been kept at a minimum for the past couple of weeks, so Sirius felt like it was fair to assume that Remus probably was either drunk or high. “Not alone though. The boys from the shop wanted a beer and asked me to tag along.”
He took another drag from his cigarette, trying desperately to calm himself down.
“What are you doing out on a school night?”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:34 pm 

“About the same, yeah,” Remus just answered, figuring that was both truthful and the easiest explanation to give. They had just come out of a 14-hour day at the lab going through the painstaking process of tracking and mapping chain chemical reactions, and though Remus had written an extensive journal about it, he came up short for an explanation. “Just needed to not be at school for a bit.”
The addition was spoken with a tug at the corner of his lips. His eyes lingered for another little while, before finally pulling out his left hand in order to glance at his watch. “Only have a whole 7 hours before I have to be back, after all.”
When he once again looked back at Sirius, a grin was yet again on his lips.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:03 pm 

Sirius grinned slightly at that, as he blew a huff of smoke at Remus’ face; something that wasn’t avoidable considering how close Remus was standing to him. He tried not to think of the implications of them being that close and alone again, figuring that Remus wasn’t interested in him in that way.
“Look at you being all rebellious,” he stated with a crooked grin, before taking another drag from his smoke, needing something to do wit his hands.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm 

Remus didn't seem bothered by the smoke in the slightest; he just blinked as it brushed again his cheeks and lashes. He had, however, found that he had held his breath, making his grin come accompanied by a chuckled, awkward exhale.
"Yeah, some rebellion," he agreed, humored by the tease.
He once again put his hand in his pocket, shifting his weight from one leg to another. Remus' pupils were blown looking at Sirius, with the poor lighting of the street being the less fitting explanation among those possible. An easy, interested smile lingered on his lips. "Staying out late."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:19 am 

Sirius tried to pinpoint what the tension between them was, but he found himself falling short. He knew that he was painfully attracted to Remus, but he had no clue what Remus actually felt about him. He would have thought that reading his flatmate was going to get easier over time, yet it seemed like Remus was only becoming a bigger and bigger mystery to Sirius as they went on.
“Well, you have to start in the small,” he stated, taking another drag from his cigarette; enjoying the break it was giving him. “You can’t start out with anarchy.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:38 pm 

Once again, Sirius' comment seemed to have struck something in Remus, making him smile, toothy and almost sheepish. He once again shifted his weight, attempting to drown out the smile by biting his cheek. "I don't know, sometimes it's easier to just take the plunge."
Neither of them were allowed much time to ponder just how metaphorical Remus' response had been, before someone called Remus' name from across the street, catching Remus' attention.
"Oi, Remus," Lily called. She and Kingsley had stopped on the opposite sidewalk where Remus had left them. Next to her, Kingsley spread his arms out in an unspoken question. "Are you coming?"
Though Remus hummed out a stutter, he answered too readily to have actually hesitated. "No, I think I'm gonna stick around a bit -"
He had taken a step off to Sirius side to better eye his friends, but, once having said it out loud, Remus turned his upper body towards Sirius. Inattentively, he leaned in a bit. "That's if you don't mind, of course."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:26 pm 

Sirius hadn’t even been aware that it was a possibility that Remus would want to stick around with him, but now that he did he couldn’t think of anything he wanted more. He still wasn’t really sure where the two of them were standing, yet he knew that he wanted to spend a lot more time together with Remus and possibly get to know him better.
“Sure,” he managed, not sure how casual he managed to sound, but he hoped that he sounded casual enough. He took another drag from his cigarette, trying not to stare.
He blew out the smoke and finally turned to look at Remus as well, immediately regretting the decision. “You’re always welcome, mate.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:51 am 

A genuine smile grew on Remus' lips when Sirius' once again met his eye, inevitably pleased by his response. Spending the evening in Sirius' company felt much more exciting than attempting to go for a full 24 hours with his course mates; that undeniable excitement transparently showed through his expression.
Being slow to react, Remus eventually nodded, finally dragging his eyes away from Sirius to once again address his friends. This time, however, he didn't step away.
"Where are you heading?" he asked across Sirius' shoulder. Thoughtlessly, Remus' hand reached out for Sirius' jacket, gingerly picking at it with his fingertips, eyes dipping to follow the touch. He barely heard Kingsley's response, and didn't look back up to finish his sentence. "Yeah, I'll meet you guys there later, alright?"
When Remus continued, his voice was softer and in a more appropriate tone, given how painfully small the distance between them was. Remus' fingers continued to trace the pocket of Sirius' jacket, trying do decipher if a packet of cigarettes where hidden there. His eyes darted back up to Sirius', remains of an easy smile still on his features. "Can I have one?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next